The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"You need to work!"

WhereIsMyMoney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 19, 2024
Hey, glad to be here. Let me introduce myself.

I'm from Germany (if anyone from germany wants to connect feel free to pm me). 30 Years old dude, I have a son in the age of 6. Most of my life was a failure and time waste. To be short I basically wasted 12 years of my life. After school my plan was to go to german college, for that I had to visit another school which grants me the access to go to college. During that my dad, who is the king of the slow lane, always told me I should not study: "Go to work! We need money! We can't afford your education". Dumb me finally thougt: "Yeah... I think he's right, let's quit school and go to work". From then i started working, without any degree. Payment was... yeah... not that much. I switched the working place very often, was depressed af. After a time I developed anxiety problems. Wasn't able to meet people or talk to them. So work was done for me.. Caged in my home I was watching TV, playing Videogames and did not make any progress in life. Had no money, no real education and life was sh*t. But somehow I was able to get a girlfriend, we had a good time, even though we had really small money. As soon as my son was born, the relationship collapsed. Tried out streaming and stuff but was never successful in any way. No wait... there was one time where I started a 24/7 livestream which got me money trough ads. In peak I had 2000€ a month for doing nothing. But then the big guy called Twitch noticed that and took the ability to play ads from me. No reason was given to me.

Till today I suffer from my anxiety problems and depression. But I achieved to start a training to become a softwaredeveloper. It takes 2 years and then I'm finally "worth" something, that's basically for backup, I don't want to work for someone after that. I always dreamed of making income from home. Now after I heard "The Millionaire Fastlane " audio book I know I'm able to offer value to humanity. Currently I'm collecting ideas and analysing the market. My goal is to make an app, a website or to write a book. In first place (if there is a need and real chance for me) for people like me who have problems with anxiety.

That's me. Hi! Anyone here with a similar past? Feel free to reply, would like to read it!

Hope I will be able to contribute to this forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thop2024

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 9, 2024
Hey, glad to be here. Let me introduce myself.

I'm from Germany (if anyone from germany wants to connect feel free to pm me). 30 Years old dude, I have a son in the age of 6. Most of my life was a failure and time waste. To be short I basically wasted 12 years of my life. After school my plan was to go to german college, for that I had to visit another school which grants me the access to go to college. During that my dad, who is the king of the slow lane, always told me I should not study: "Go to work! We need money! We can't afford your education". Dumb me finally thougt: "Yeah... I think he's right, let's quit school and go to work". From then i started working, without any degree. Payment was... yeah... not that much. I switched the working place very often, was depressed af. After a time I developed anxiety problems. Wasn't able to meet people or talk to them. So work was done for me.. Caged in my home I was watching TV, playing Videogames and did not make any progress in life. Had no money, no real education and life was sh*t. But somehow I was able to get a girlfriend, we had a good time, even though we had really small money. As soon as my son was born, the relationship collapsed. Tried out streaming and stuff but was never successful in any way. No wait... there was one time where I started a 24/7 livestream which got me money trough ads. In peak I had 2000€ a month for doing nothing. But then the big guy called Twitch noticed that and took the ability to play ads from me. No reason was given to me.

Till today I suffer from my anxiety problems and depression. But I achieved to start a training to become a softwaredeveloper. It takes 2 years and then I'm finally "worth" something, that's basically for backup, I don't want to work for someone after that. I always dreamed of making income from home. Now after I heard "The Millionaire Fastlane " audio book I know I'm able to offer value to humanity. Currently I'm collecting ideas and analysing the market. My goal is to make an app, a website or to write a book. In first place (if there is a need and real chance for me) for people like me who have problems with anxiety.

That's me. Hi! Anyone here with a similar past? Feel free to reply, would like to read it!

Hope I will be able to contribute to this forum.
Hi!

nice to read about you and your life.
Mine was nearly the same. I always worked hard. Had good jobs. Had my own business but those collapsed years ago.
Now I'm looking for a way back. A new business... Working from home is also my dream. And years ago I lived this dream.
But the book "The Millionaire Fastlane " made my eyes open. My business before was in the field of engineering. With 8 people. But as I sayed it took a bad ending. Selling hours with an hourly rate is not a good way for sleeping well every day.
So I'm also looking for a better way to find my income which makes my dreams comming true...

So hopefully I find here something inspiration. And also you...

... for information. I'm from Austria. So "wir könnten auch in Deutsch weiterschreiben..." :)

WhereIsMyMoney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 19, 2024
Hi!

nice to read about you and your life.
Mine was nearly the same. I always worked hard. Had good jobs. Had my own business but those collapsed years ago.
Now I'm looking for a way back. A new business... Working from home is also my dream. And years ago I lived this dream.
But the book "The Millionaire Fastlane " made my eyes open. My business before was in the field of engineering. With 8 people. But as I sayed it took a bad ending. Selling hours with an hourly rate is not a good way for sleeping well every day.
So I'm also looking for a better way to find my income which makes my dreams comming true...

So hopefully I find here something inspiration. And also you...

... for information. I'm from Austria. So "wir könnten auch in Deutsch weiterschreiben..." :)
Wish us both the best! Wir schaffen das :)

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Welcome.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome OP.

Oddly your parent must be the first one I've ever heard in a long time-- who got you jumping into work first
instead of college. Mine was the reverse. They REALLY needled me into college.

Today none of my freelance copywriting work involves tons of the stuff I learnt in college (except some basic finance or analytics understanding that could be learnt without the degree). I should have flipped college the bird earlier...get kicked by the family and just rented out and worked a convenience store job while racking up my writing work. But I don't like to create drama- and I realise I could have had a worse family anyways.

I'm not sure what you worked as. But it's not necessarily a bad thing. There are kids out there who let college time hold them back from earning their first dollar- or to even progress beyond salary-serfdom.

It's interesting you mentioned app creation and anxiety.

Many blame the digital age and the Internet for creating more anxiety--for many reasons.

But what if they could be used to HEAL folks from anxiety? Already, there's many online tools curing different types of anxiety in their own way-hence the opportunity. It doesn't always have to be a therapy platform.

Just a bit of brain fart to mull over...

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Fun experiment: before you’re allowed to say that you ‘suffer from’ depression like you caught it out on the street or something, try changing your life and making better decisions that aren’t so shitty.

In the meantime while you go from failing to do the bare minimum to attempting to grow a business somehow, start off with doing the basics like not doing your bullshit habits, not streaming, getting up early and doing your daily workout, eating healthy, cleaning up your room and your life, etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WhereIsMyMoney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 19, 2024
Fun experiment: before you’re allowed to say that you ‘suffer from’ depression like you caught it out on the street or something, try changing your life and making better decisions that aren’t so shitty.

In the meantime while you go from failing to do the bare minimum to attempting to grow a business somehow, start off with doing the basics like not doing your bullshit habits, not streaming, getting up early and doing your daily workout, eating healthy, cleaning up your room and your life, etc.
Yeah that's what I did the last few years with therapy, the difference is good but still the anxiety stuff is really deep in me. But that did not stop me from thinking and trying stuff. Now I use my time a lot better and educate myself. In the next few weeks I'll execute one of my ideas and see how it goes. Streaming is at bare minimum, like 2h when I have the need to get into ranked in valorant :D. Like 1 time a week. Workouts and healthier eating is something that I always struggle with tbh. My Home is always clean, learned this from mom. Thanks for your input!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...