The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join today.

Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has helped entrepreneurs win their freedom with over 38,000 game-changing posts. Join over 90,000 members and a library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Young people and paid

LittleWolfie2

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jun 5, 2021
Holbeach hurn, UK
You can actually get a card from 11+ with services like gohenry which needs your parents permission. Or you can walk into a supermarket and buy prepaid cards for cash. This will work better if @MJ DeMarco is using something like stripe and allowing people.to pay in their.own currency. Since these cards don't always convert currency but stripe can convert into dollars for them and mj.

I hope he will consider this for the young people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sean P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jul 4, 2014
Putting a paywall on a free forum is easier said than done at a time when community to most people means Facebook groups. Most website forums are past their time, dead or dying, but this has been getting traffic due to the books. Most readers buy the Kindle version for <$3 and expecting them to pay $5 just to post on a forum without even a chance to glance inside to see what it's all about(except the first few posts on a thread) could mean no new members for days, maybe weeks.

Edit: Hey MJ, currently I am outside the paywall, and I can't see much BUT I can post on some threads. I am sure it was not supposed to be like this - maybe a glitch?

I can't see your second post on this thread(the paywall comes up) but I can see it when I click on my alerts.

I read your first reply and that's good news. The devil's advocate gets proven wrong!

Those are a couple of glitches above you could iron out - some feedback even though I've been locked out after 10 years of being a member. Probably due to very poor "user power". :)

Edit 2: The second glitch seems to have been fixed. Someone quoted my post, I received an alert, but I can't see his/her post. When I click on the alert it takes me to the thread and shows me 3 posts before the paywall.

...But I can see the post when I go to the member's profile page. So @Kevin88660 - That's exactly my point because Reddit is a free flowing social media platform, very similar to Facebook but in a different format. You can stay on the same free platform and be a part of different niche groups or subreddits, and be anonymous at the same time.

Most importantly, it is not controlled, administered and run by a single person with help(posts) by a small group of people. Besides, you're free to create your own group or subreddit and be a mentor to your own community.

Sure, there are attention seekers and their pitches but that is where a good administrator does his job. and Google has given it a special status for a reason.

All that this forum needs is a couple of good moderators to weed out spammers and inappropriate content. Obviously paid ones because rarely do people do a good job for free.

The third glitch is right here - the power to edit. But once the ability to post goes, there will be no more edits I guess.

Sorry folks, you may quote my posts, but I will not be able to see what you are saying from outside the paywall.

I saw the announcement a couple days back talking about a "switch date" in early July, and I was open to it but the paywall suddenly hit me yesterday when I was on the forum. Early July would have been fine, but I feel older members should have been given time(or at least a date?). I don't come here to spam links or sell anything anyway.

PS 7/1 - 4 hours is too short a time to declare victory, or whether a business decision was correct or needs to be tweaked. What you used to offer with your books was a package that included free membership to a community. That changes to "we also have a community where you can post for 5 dollars a month" - how it plays out, only time will tell.

My final advice as a decade-old member is to review, test and tweak, appoint a couple of paid mods, and be nice and more patient towards new members who may not know that the first response, that sounded rude and condescending, on his introductory thread(e.g. Raqia's recent thread) was from the forums version of Elon Musk. :)

Good luck and Goodbye!

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
449%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

This isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. Since 2007, multi-millionaire entrepreneur and best-selling author MJ DeMarco has been a daily, hands-on mentor at the Fastlane Forum, authoring a staggering 38,000 posts filled with invaluable insights, strategies, and advice. When you join Fastlane, you’re not merely becoming a member—you’re entering MJ’s inner circle, a supportive home where you’re never left to navigate alone. Embrace the power of true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs yearly
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Post comments, react, ask questions.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.