The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your Customers are human too...

Anything related to matters of the mind

AnonMV

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 15, 2023
Mumbai, India
I have been reflecting on some of the reasons for my past failures. I intend to list my reflections here, so that others (including future me) may avoid said pitfalls. One common theme I noticed is that I didn't think deeply about who my customer is. For most, I had little clue about who I was designing for. I always designed my product based on abstract idea and got to building immediately. However, as soon as I finished making it, I had no idea what to do with it, as I had not thought about who I was going to sell to, or why. Thus, my marketing efforts lacked focus and direction, because in my mind, the customer was an abstract, faceless horde. I had not created an image of my ideal customer in my mind, so when it came to selling, I had no idea where to go and how to hook them. Remember, the Customer is human, and unless you have an image of them, their needs, their feelings, their friends, their everything, you cannot sell.

-MV

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Mar 8, 2018
England
This may help you then.

Think about who it is you would like as a customer, flick through some magazines that would have relevant images and cut one or two out and stick it next to your computer.

When you speak to, write for and design your service/product it will give you a bit of focus.

Everthing Volvo did in the past was focussed on a middle class, suburban mum and her 2 kids. Space for the paraphernalia that comes with ferrying around kids to their activities, being reliable and cheap to fix, and the key - safety, safety, safety was what they determined such a woman would want and so that's what they built and marketed.

Dan

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
That's why I don't like the words traffic, clicks, or users. It's dehumanising and makes us forget we're selling to people.

It makes me sad the emphasis is always "People buy from PEOPLE" as it's a reminder that we'll get what we want if we act more personable.

I think we'd be better served emphasising it as "PEOPLE buy from people".

Btw... this is why I constantly ask folks who they're helping, and advise people to get into PM or Zoom with those they can help. Once you realise you're dealing with people things fall into place better.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.