The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your number 1 best stock pick right now?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
dude, stop listening to what the media says about these things. you realize when they say that they're talking about 1 variable, and a sample size of 1, right?

Not sure what you mean -- but I'm from Northern California, and know several people personally who work / have worked inside of the Apple empire. A guy I shared a cube wall with in Roseville was Apple employee #6 and shared an apartment with Woz and Jobs in the 70's. I don't get any confidence from the people I know that the company can continue to function at a high level without Steve as their guru, ahem, leader... ;)

The company is now owned something insane like 90%+ by institutions, and it's being hailed as the second coming on CNBC and elsewhere -- so I'd say not to listen to that media, because that's a sure sign that it's going to come crashing down soon. The only thing you need now is for Apple to make the cover of Time magazine this month! haha :D

- Hakrjak

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

acrystal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jul 5, 2011
ok then MCD and HSY for people who love to eat junk food. All of these stocks have made me money, so far aapl has made me the most money - your milage may vary -a

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
You're talking about another subject that is probably already priced in by people thinking the same things you're thinking. You don't have any inside knowledge everyone else doesn't have, especially since almost every single Apple story includes exactly what you're describing. I'm not saying Apple is a good buy or that Apple is a bad buy. I'm saying the thought process you're using to decide if you should buy certain stocks is not a profitable thought process.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
You're talking about another subject that is probably already priced in by people thinking the same things you're thinking. You don't have any inside knowledge everyone else doesn't have, especially since almost every single Apple story includes exactly what you're describing. I'm not saying Apple is a good buy or that Apple is a bad buy. I'm saying the thought process you're using to decide if you should buy certain stocks is not a profitable thought process.

Could be. AAPL is the only stock I am staying out of because of reasons other than what shows on the balance sheet and key stats. I'd rather be overly cautious when it comes to x-factors like this than not. For a tech stock, I'd rather be in something like INTC that has a nice balance sheet without the problems I see with AAPL, and a much lower stock price.

On the flip side, LVS sure is making me some money today :D

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
I'm only out of AAPL because of it's size. I focus on tiny businesses.

Best regards.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
LVS and SBUX were the only stocks in my portfolio up on Friday, but most were close. Talk about support! Looks like we're going higher this week... Loving that BKE Rickson!

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
LVS and SBUX were the only stocks in my portfolio up on Friday, but most were close. Talk about support! Looks like we're going higher this week... Loving that BKE Rickson!

I wish I can take even the small amount of credit for it.

But I can't. :(

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Wow, I want to puke all over my desk....

I had CBOU since $14.01, and had a stop in at $13.33 just in case it slid aways.... Well it slid to $13.22 this morning and filled the stop, and then spiked 10% to $14.44....

Another reminder of why every single time I have ever used a stop -- I have paid a huge price! Argh....

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Wow, I want to puke all over my desk....

I had CBOU since $14.01, and had a stop in at $13.33 just in case it slid aways.... Well it slid to $13.22 this morning and filled the stop, and then spiked 10% to $14.44....

Another reminder of why every single time I have ever used a stop -- I have paid a huge price! Argh....

looking at that chart, there was minor support at 11.77 and better support at 9.50. Where you had your stop was really just a natural pullback spot for a continued move up. It was just below the 20 day MA, exactly where a lot of trend following traders would be looking to enter for a low risk trade.

Best places to put stops is below recent support.

kahem89

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jul 20, 2011
Norway, Oslo
  • Undervalued stocks that has an affiliaton too food and other resources. Or if theres a way to invest directly for corn and so on. But in generall no stock.

If i had allot of cash i would spread it out in some property 5-10% gold 5-10% stocks max 5% and in currencys where i live plus some other currencys. Im from Norway.

:groove:

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
hakrjak you might enjoy going through this web site:

Finviz.com

Very cool site, thanks Brother!

My LVS and BKE are still doing very well.... Seems like my best overall performer was something I picked awhile back because I thought it was a conservative play -- Dardens Restaurants (DRI).... It's up over 12% from where I bought.

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

RideHD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Mar 13, 2011
Virginia
Whew, made it through earnings with AAPL and BIDU. Got a handful left to report.

Anyone else tracking the S&P 500 index? Look back through February; we continue to be range-bound roughly between 1250 and 1350 or so. We are in an uptrend now, but haven't broken above key resistance. Something to watch either direction.

Earnings season is wreaking havoc with some leading stocks and propelling new ones to the forefront, as always. I would be cautious/very selective in buying new stocks right now if they haven't yet reported. No sense buying a Fortinet or Travelzoo only to get hammered! :)

Anyone taken a look at Sodastream (SODA)? I am interested. Its a good product and, even though its a bit of a different approach in some ways, it could have the potential to be a game changer like GMCR and its Keurig. It is an Israeli company that succeeded well in Europe and went public here in NOV 10. An agreement with Target/Walmart/Costco and the like could propel it. The stock is consolidating now around $68-70, and the company doesn't report until 8/18/2011. Could be one to watch if it can get going.

Best,
Jamie (RideHD)

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
ok, to give a real answer, if I was going to play, it would be in HDY

They are scheduled to start drilling later this year. I would buy some January puts and calls to play both sides of the drilling outcome.

That is what I would do, and I may in fact do it come monday.

closed the day I made this pick at 4.14, currently trading at 5.51= 33% return in a little over a month

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
closed the day I made this pick at 4.14, currently trading at 5.51= 33% return in a little over a month

Wish I would have listened to you ;)

I'm still watching LVS go up -- even with the rest of the market in the tank. That was an awesome call also!

Hope we shake off this debt drama and get to 15,000 already by the end of the year ;)

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.