The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Airline pilot and Serial Entrepreneur

schaeffj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 19, 2020
Pennsylvania
I currently fly full-time for a major airline and love flying, however, it can be grueling at times and being away from my family is challenging. My background is an Air Force instructor pilot and I came to the airline industry late. I wanted for my kids to be out of high school before I went to fly for an airline because I could see what it does to families when the Dad is gone a lot.

That being said, I’ve always been entrepreneurially minded, starting from splitting wood and delivering it in high school to buying a dozen donuts for three dollars and selling them for $.50 each to my classmates in high school. I joined a multilevel market in the late 80s and did well there, however, it consumed my life for 17 years, and while we still receive an income from it, the cost in weekends, weeknights, conferences and functions was too high a price to pay for my family.

I now own a vending business that does well on a passive income basis, and I’ve really been focused on building online income with ventures into Affiliate marketing, ecommerce, FB Marketplace, etc.

One of my goals is developing income with AI and helping my sons and daughter do the same. I think this is a tectonic shift in the market and will play a major factor in businesses in the next decades.

Sometimes however, when you’re an entrepreneur, you see opportunity in anything so you see opportunity in everything and shiny object syndrome can take over. This has been the biggest challenge in focusing down to what works now and I look forward to working in this forum with others that are like-minded.
It’s funny, I distinctly remember that one of the occupations in the game Cashflow by Robert Kiyosaki was airline pilot and anytime I played as that role, it seemed easier with a steady state of income to build and develop opportunities to get out of the rat race and now I’m doing that exact same thing. Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I currently fly full-time for a major airline and love flying, however, it can be grueling at times and being away from my family is challenging. My background is an Air Force instructor pilot and I came to the airline industry late. I wanted for my kids to be out of high school before I went to fly for an airline because I could see what it does to families when the Dad is gone a lot.

That being said, I’ve always been entrepreneurially minded, starting from splitting wood and delivering it in high school to buying a dozen donuts for three dollars and selling them for $.50 each to my classmates in high school. I joined a multilevel market in the late 80s and did well there, however, it consumed my life for 17 years, and while we still receive an income from it, the cost in weekends, weeknights, conferences and functions was too high a price to pay for my family.

I now own a vending business that does well on a passive income basis, and I’ve really been focused on building online income with ventures into Affiliate marketing, ecommerce, FB Marketplace, etc.

One of my goals is developing income with AI and helping my sons and daughter do the same. I think this is a tectonic shift in the market and will play a major factor in businesses in the next decades.

Sometimes however, when you’re an entrepreneur, you see opportunity in anything so you see opportunity in everything and shiny object syndrome can take over. This has been the biggest challenge in focusing down to what works now and I look forward to working in this forum with others that are like-minded.
It’s funny, I distinctly remember that one of the occupations in the game Cashflow by Robert Kiyosaki was airline pilot and anytime I played as that role, it seemed easier with a steady state of income to build and develop opportunities to get out of the rat race and now I’m doing that exact same thing. Cheers!

Welcome to the Forum! You're in the right place :)
But you probably know this since you're here longer than me haha.

It is tough, you only have so many times you can say yes. You automatically say no to other things.
Can you tell about the process you go through when it occurs?
Monogamy is vital in the process which eventually can lead to polygamy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...