The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Generating 5k/mth through LinkedIn - 2024 progress

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ugudango

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Apr 17, 2022
Bratislava, Slovakia
Hey, I started being active on LinkedIn recently so I dropped you a connection request.

On setting goals - don't set goals that you don't have direct control over. If you want to close 2 clients a month, set a goal for the action that will help you get there (eg. outreach, cold call) - you have full control over that.

And as Andy mentioned, they're not a client until the money is inside your account.

Good luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sumiran

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Apr 26, 2023
Hey, I started being active on LinkedIn recently so I dropped you a connection request.

On setting goals - don't set goals that you don't have direct control over. If you want to close 2 clients a month, set a goal for the action that will help you get there (eg. outreach, cold call) - you have full control over that.

And as Andy mentioned, they're not a client until the money is inside your account.

Good luck!
Hey man, nice to see you being active on LinkedIn. I'd love to connect as well and help each other.

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
Send connection requests to interesting people. When they accept, DM and thank them. Do not pitch.

Also, remember they're not a client till the money is in your account.
Very wise words.

But..

Money in now!!! - so that was my first in person sale and close, proud of myself as was feeling pretty rough that day.

My strat for growing following is send requests to founders and other web dev/agencies that might need web work doing, and dropping a message like

“Hi Andy, saw we had a mutual connection but weren’t connected ourselves. Just seeing if you’d be willing to connect so that I get more of your content show up on my feeds.

All the best, Ash”

Seems to work pretty well and getting a few organic requests come through too. No warm dms though yet. I’m gonna start a ring round my recent adds and strike up some interesting convos.

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
Send connection requests to interesting people. When they accept, DM and thank them. Do not pitch.

Also, remember they're not a client till the money is in your account.
No my plan was to use linked in for inbound, and possibly reach out to very specific companies/people directly. I want to be careful with my linked in and don’t wanna come across as the spammy web guy.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Very wise words.

But..

Money in now!!! - so that was my first in person sale and close, proud of myself as was feeling pretty rough that day.

My strat for growing following is send requests to founders and other web dev/agencies that might need web work doing, and dropping a message like

“Hi Andy, saw we had a mutual connection but weren’t connected ourselves. Just seeing if you’d be willing to connect so that I get more of your content show up on my feeds.

All the best, Ash”

Seems to work pretty well and getting a few organic requests come through too. No warm dms though yet. I’m gonna start a ring round my recent adds and strike up some interesting convos.
Just send a connection request. No need to add a note. Yours is a bit verbose.

If it's someone you really want to connect and get into DM with do some ground work. Check out their profile, engage with their content by thanking and/or adding to their post. If they reply then see if you can continue chatting in the thread. Then you can send a DM (without a note) and continue the conversation in the DMs.

Get into conversation in the comments. The comments is where the party's at. And the people who've a habit of commenting are exactly the people you want following you (and vice versa). 100 people who comment and Like regularly can really help your content get traction. And make sure you're one of those ideal followers too. It's like a natural engagement pod, done right, and for the right reasons.

Find peers and people doing similar but adjacent things to you and connect, DM, get on Zoom.

Oh, and congrats on the sale.

random_username

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 19, 2024
Get into conversation in the comments. The comments is where the party's at. And the people who've a habit of commenting are exactly the people you want following you (and vice versa). 100 people who comment and Like regularly can really help your content get traction. And make sure you're one of those ideal followers too. It's like a natural engagement pod, done right, and for the right reasons.
This is actual gold, thank you for sharing this.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey man, nice to see you being active on LinkedIn. I'd love to connect as well and help each other.
Don't forget there's this thread too:

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
I really like your website and the feeling it gives (colors, visual identity, copy).
I'm not an absolute expert and it could probably be improved, but it looks professional.

Happy to see that you're getting your first successes, keep it up man.

naminu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 25, 2024
Hey! Great work till now, congratulations on your first successes!

One thing I noticed on your website though, on one of the cards you're saying "No WordPress or other clunky platforms, just 100% pure HTML code", while one of your featured sites is made with WordPress. I don't know exactly if you made the website for them or just managing it, but I would suggest rewording that paragraph if you made it.

I don't mean to be nosey, it's just a heads-up because people that know what to look for will do anything to call you out on things like that.

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
Hey! Great work till now, congratulations on your first successes!

One thing I noticed on your website though, on one of the cards you're saying "No WordPress or other clunky platforms, just 100% pure HTML code", while one of your featured sites is made with WordPress. I don't know exactly if you made the website for them or just managing it, but I would suggest rewording that paragraph if you made it.

I don't mean to be nosey, it's just a heads-up because people that know what to look for will do anything to call you out on things like that.
The site in my site was originally pure html… but the company decided to hand it off to a Wordpress dev as they thought they’d get better seo using word press plugins?? Bit strange.

So technically the site that’s live is just my design, just imported to Wordpress.

I get it was the companies decision but I feel like they’re expectations on seo were off, and that throwing money at it will get them ranked 1 in a month. I still designed the site so happy to keep it on there. Maybe I’ll reword as you’re right, technically that site is Wordpress.

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
I really like your website and the feeling it gives (colors, visual identity, copy).
I'm not an absolute expert and it could probably be improved, but it looks professional.

Happy to see that you're getting your first successes, keep it up man.
Thanks, appreciate the words. To be honest my mind has been the biggest development this year. I was always bright and good with logic and numbers growing up, and figured I’d make some money doing something like trading.

I’ve only considered business this past year and I’m almost a completely different person to who I was a year ago. It’s kinda weird. Going from “I’m not the best communicator/ talker and nervous about public speaking” to “I’m actually naturally gifted at talking with ZERO fear” is remarkable. It’s almost like I know how to switch it on now and get to that place of complete certainty. I never would have thought given a year ago that I’d be on the edge of my seat waiting to have my next in person sales meeting just so I could smash it out of the park! I actually can’t wait for the next one. Maybe it’s something about the unknown that fuels me, but I do know how good it feels to be talking about business and direction face to face with complete strangers… kind of liberating.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.