The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am struggling to find a path in business I don't know where to start

Idea threads

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
Hello, after reading the Millionaires Fastlane I was very motivated to start my own business. I came up with a plan to create an AI tool and either distribute it under a license or create a short course detailing how I made it. The problem is that I have no knowledge on how to create AI and I only know C++. I don't even know if this is a viable Fastlane option as I don't think there is a widescale demand for this. I want to start a business but I don't want to start it on something that might not be long term successful, and then have to change it later on after I've already put a lot of effort into it. What do you think about it? Does it sound like a Fastlane option for you? I guess I could start with learning machine learning for AI or I could start learning more about business before I create my actual business, the latter seems like a more strategic answer to me but I want to know what you all think? I wanted to take advantage of ECommerce online to sell my product by building a website. So I also wanted to learn CSS, HTML, and JAVA for the website. Also, if you have any other recommendations please give them to me, this AI category of business was just a thought and I am not set in on it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Plushy

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 19, 2023
USA
You don't sound like you don't know what to do. It sounds like you know several things you can do, you're just scared and want to be in control of the outcome. You want us to validate that it's a great idea and prevent your business from failing by giving you the right advice. You're afraid of failing. You're afraid you'll pick one when another idea would've been better. We can't do the thinking for you. You're a business leader now, you have to think for yourself and have confidence in your ideas.

Is there a problem you can solve with your skill set? Build that. If you don't have the skills, you can learn it. Nothing is impossible. Worst thing that happens is you get a cool thing to add to your portfolio and more experience for your next venture. The next step will reveal itself as you commit to the first one. And if you think about it, after you finish building your product, you're not going to fail because you're going to do whatever it takes to iterate and fix bugs, iterate on marketing and customer service, and at that point you only get better and better. So you will not fail. Not doing anything is the only failure.

Plushy

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 19, 2023
USA
An advice is work on something that will be interesting to you even if you don't see money right away. Something you can see yourself working on without giving up.

David Whittlin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Dec 23, 2023
Hello, after reading the Millionaires Fastlane I was very motivated to start my own business. I came up with a plan to create an AI tool and either distribute it under a license or create a short course detailing how I made it. The problem is that I have no knowledge on how to create AI and I only know C++. I don't even know if this is a viable Fastlane option as I don't think there is a widescale demand for this. I want to start a business but I don't want to start it on something that might not be long term successful, and then have to change it later on after I've already put a lot of effort into it. What do you think about it? Does it sound like a Fastlane option for you? I guess I could start with learning machine learning for AI or I could start learning more about business before I create my actual business, the latter seems like a more strategic answer to me but I want to know what you all think? I wanted to take advantage of ECommerce online to sell my product by building a website. So I also wanted to learn CSS, HTML, and JAVA for the website. Also, if you have any other recommendations please give them to me, this AI category of business was just a thought and I am not set in on it.
Honestly, I think the minimum requirement for creating a business is having a product that people want, which you touched on. So yes, you need hard work, perseverance, creativity, focus, and a host of other things, but without an in-demand product, your efforts in these areas will yield nothing.

So, my suggestion to you, assuming your objective is to be successful as quick as possible, is to focus on finding an in-demand product and bringing that product to the market. Forget spending hours trying to learn programming, AI, or anything like that. Aside from it being a waste of time, it doesn't address your most critical knowledge gap right now, which is how to turn an in-demand product into a successful business. Instead, pick your product and then focus on learning how to turn it into a successful business…but don’t just learn…practice what you learn…..

Learning is where all the other elements for creating a successful business are uncovered and understood…and what better way to learn about these things and creating a successful business…than learning and practicing what you learn….WHILE you are trying to create a successful business…

Now, there is another important ingredient in all this in my opinion, and that is passion. Turning an in-demand product into a successful business is hard. So it would be nice to pick a product that you are actually passionate about. It doesn't matter what the product is, in my opinion. If there is demand for it, and you are passionate about it….and willing to learn and practice what you learn as I mentioned, you will eventually succeed. It might take time, which is one of the other key elements for cusses, but eventually, you will get there.

Now there is a way to expedite this entire process, especially if you are unsure about how to find a successful product. That's by finding a product that someone has turned into a successful business and then learning from that person and reverse engineering their process. I mean there is no point reinventing the wheel and the business plan for the wheel. And there you have it, one person with all the answers that you need.

Now there are several ways to go about this, some easier than others. But one I encourage you to look at is one of those mentorship sales programs.. Now I know this is akin to signing up with a “guru” which is frowned upon on here, but the truth is there are lots of great people out there that have figured out how to create a successful business and want to share their knowledge with others while also getting paid. So, do not completely frown on this idea. Instead, try to seek out someone that seems genuine with a great product that you are passionate about, and provides real mentorship….

Now if the mentor thing is really not your cup of tea you can try your hands on finding a good affiliate product and just focus on learning to make it a successful business on your own. You can do that by learning from books, blogs and forums including from @MJ DeMarco and this forum (no I am in no way associated with Fastlane; just believe there is much to be learned from it)…Afterall learning from published content is a form of mentoring in my opinion….again the key is product (with demand), passion (about your product), learning (about turning your product into successful business), and practicing….

I guarantee you, if you are fully committed to being successful and go through this process, you will be successful.…..Again my assumption is you want to be successful as quick as possible.....So that’s my long take. I hope you found a few helpful nuggets. Good luck.

Last edited:

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
An advice is work on something that will be interesting to you even if you don't see money right away. Something you can see yourself working on without giving up.
Alright thank you for all of this, I agree that I wanted someone to validate my idea. You're also right about the fact that you only fail when you give up. Thanks

Last edited:

David Whittlin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Dec 23, 2023
Honestly, I think the minimum requirement for creating a business is having a product that people want, which you touched on. So yes, you need hard work, perseverance, creativity, focus, and a host of other things, but without an in-demand product, your efforts in these areas will yield nothing.

So, my suggestion to you, assuming your goal is to be successful as quick as possible, is to focus on finding an in-demand product and bringing that product to the market. Forget spending hours trying to learn programming, AI, or anything like that. Aside from it being a waste of time, it doesn't address your most critical knowledge gap right now, which is how to turn an in-demand product into a successful business. Instead, pick your product and then focus on learning how to turn it into a successful business…but don’t just learn…practice what you learn…..

Learning is where all the other requirements for creating a successful business are uncovered…and what better way to learn about these things and creating a successful business…than learning and practicing what you learn….WHILE trying to create a successful business…

Now, there is another important ingredient in all this in my opinion, and that is passion. Turning an in-demand product into a successful business is hard. So it would be nice to pick a product that you are actually passionate about. It doesn't matter what the product is, in my opinion. If there is demand for it, and you are passionate about it….and willing to learn and practice what you learn, you will eventually succeed. It might take time, one of the key added element for success, but eventually, you will get there.

Now there is a way to expedite this entire process, especially if you are unsure about how to find a successful product. That's by finding a product that someone has turned into a successful business and then learning from that person and reverse engineering their process. I mean there is no point reinventing the wheel and the business plan for the wheel. And there you have it, one person with all the answers that you need.

Now there are several ways to go about this, some easier than others. But one I encourage you to look at is one of those mentorship programs.. Now I know this is akin to signing up with a “guru” and that is something that is frowned upon on here, but the truth is there are lots of great people out there that have figured out how to create a successful business and want to share their knowledge with others while also getting paid. So, do not completely frown on this idea. Instead, try to seek out someone that seems genuine. with a great product that you are passionate about, and provides real mentorship….

Now if the mentor thing is really not your cup of tea you can try your hands on finding a good affiliate product and just focus on learning to make it a successful business on your own. You can do that by learning from books, blogs and forums including from @MJ DeMarco and the contents from this forum (no I am in no way associated with Fastlane; just believe there is much to be learned from it)…Afterall learning from published content is a form of mentoring in my opinion….again the key is product (with demand), passion (about your product), learning (about turning your product into successful business), and practicing….

I guarantee you, if you are fully committed to being successful and going through this process, you will be successful.…..Again my assumption is you want to be successful as quick as possible.....So that’s my long take. I hope you found a few helpful nuggets. Good luck.
Just a quick add. if you are passionate about AI, then see if there is a an AI product out there that you can quickly package as a product and resell. Or partner with someone that has skills in AI to crearte and put something on the market quickly. Either way your focus should be on figuring out how to get a product to market, not learning AI and codding. Money is made by intereacting with potential customers not sitting behind a computer and learning how to code....besides technology moves so fast these days that whatever you learn will probably be obsolete in a few years...again my assumption is you want to be successful as a fast possible.

Last edited:

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023

So, my suggestion to you, assuming your goal is to be successful as quick as possible, is to focus on finding an in-demand product and bringing that product to the market. Forget spending hours trying to learn programming, AI, or anything like that. Aside from it being a waste of time, it doesn't address your most critical knowledge gap right now, which is how to turn an in-demand product into a successful business. Instead, pick your product and then focus on learning how to turn it into a successful business…but don’t just learn…practice what you learn…..

Learning is where all the other requirements for creating a successful business are uncovered…and what better way to learn about these things and creating a successful business…than learning and practicing what you learn….WHILE trying to create a successful business…

Now, there is another important ingredient in all this in my opinion, and that is passion. Turning an in-demand product into a successful business is hard. So it would be nice to pick a product that you are actually passionate about. It doesn't matter what the product is, in my opinion. If there is demand for it, and you are passionate about it….and willing to learn and practice what you learn, you will eventually succeed. It might take time, one of the key added element for success, but eventually, you will get there.

Now there are several ways to go about this, some easier than others. But one I encourage you to look at is one of those mentorship programs.. Now I know this is akin to signing up with a “guru” and that is something that is frowned upon on here, but the truth is there are lots of great people out there that have figured out how to create a successful business and want to share their knowledge with others while also getting paid. So, do not completely frown on this idea. Instead, try to seek out someone that seems genuine. with a great product that you are passionate about, and provides real mentorship….

Now if the mentor thing is really not your cup of tea you can try your hands on finding a good affiliate product and just focus on learning to make it a successful business on your own. You can do that by learning from books, blogs and forums including from @MJ DeMarco and the contents from this forum (no I am in no way associated with Fastlane; just believe there is much to be learned from it)…Afterall learning from published content is a form of mentoring in my opinion….again the key is product (with demand), passion (about your product), learning (about turning your product into successful business), and practicing….

I guarantee you, if you are fully committed to being successful and going through this process, you will be successful.…..Again my assumption is you want to be successful as quick as possible.....So that’s my long take. I hope you found a few helpful nuggets. Good luck.
I really needed to hear this, the whole time when coming up with this plan I felt that there was something wrong and that my hours spent learning AI and programming would go to waste and I guess I was right. I just need to find an in-demand product and make a business off of that. I don't think mentorship is my personal preference as apposed to finding products on social media such as YouTube but I appreciate the idea. Can you reiterate what you were saying about practice what you learn? I didn't fully understand what you meant, wouldn't practicing what you learned about creating a business out of a product be creating the business itself? I just wanted to make sure I fully understood what you said. Thank you for this message

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
Just a quick add. if you are passionate about AI, then see if there is a an AI product out there that you can quickly package as a product and resell. Or partner with someone that has skills in AI to crearte and put something on the market quickly. Either way your focus should be on figuring out how to get a product to market, not learning AI and codding. Money is made in the streets and talking to people not sitting behind a computer and learning how to code....besides technology moves so fast these days that whatever you learn will probably be obsolete in a few years...again my assumption is you want to be successful as a fast possible.
I'm not very passionate about AI but I am passionate about making my business online

David Whittlin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Dec 23, 2023
I really needed to hear this, the whole time when coming up with this plan I felt that there was something wrong and that my hours spent learning AI and programming would go to waste and I guess I was right. I just need to find an in-demand product and make a business off of that. I don't think mentorship is my personal preference as apposed to finding products on social media such as YouTube but I appreciate the idea. Can you reiterate what you were saying about practice what you learn? I didn't fully understand what you meant, wouldn't practicing what you learned about creating a business out of a product be creating the business itself? I just wanted to make sure I fully understood what you said. Thank you for this message
See, you have the mindset of an online marketer. I meant to practice what you learn in your business. So if you learn about SEO (search engine optimization), then you should be applying it right away to your business. But you are correct that what you learn could be a potential learning product that you could turn into a business.

So you could pick whatever you are passionate about and then find out how to make it into a business. I guarantee you the information is on the web or in a book; you just have to spend the time to seek it out. Then you document the process so you end up with two businesses, one for an actual product and one for a learning product. This is essentially what "gurus" do..well those that approach the model the right way. The reason for the actual product is that it gives you some credibility and helps you create a better learning product. After all, people will be more likely to buy your learning product if you actually created a product with it, and your lessons are informed by your experience. In other words, with a learning product its always better if you pratice what you preach in some fashion.

That being said, a hybrid approach is also possible. Since you mentioned YouTube, you could create a YouTube channel where you are documenting and sharing your experience of trying to create a business. One important thing here, in my opinion, is you stay humble and try not to come across as a "guru" because you are really just starting out and don't have much to teach. Who knows, your YouTube channel could take off before your product, but that shouldn't be your focus....just a thought you may want to research

Last edited:

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
See, you have the mindset of an online marketer. I meant to practice what you learn in your business. So if you learn about SEO (search engine optimization), then you should be applying it right away to your business. But you are correct that what you learn could be a potential learning product that you could turn into a business.

So you could pick whatever you are passionate about and then find out how to make it into a business. I guarantee you the information is on the web or in a book; you just have to spend the time to seek it out. Then you document the process so you end up with two businesses, one for an actual product and one for a learning product. This is essentially what "gurus" do..well those that approach the model the right way. The reason for the actual product is that it gives you some credibility and helps you create a better learning product. After all, people will be more likely to buy your learning product if you actually created a product with it, and your lessons are informed by your experience. In other words, with a learning product its always better if you pratice what you preach in some fashion.

That being said, a hybrid approach is also possible. Since you mentioned YouTube, you could create a YouTube channel where you are documenting and sharing your experience of trying to create a business. One important thing here, in my opinion, is you stay humble and try not to come across as a "guru" because you are really just starting out and don't have much to teach. Who knows, your YouTube channel could take off before your product, but that shouldn't be your focus....just a thought you may want to research
I'll be looking for different information online, thanks. I have a question for you, did you use the Fastlane to make money and did it make you rich? I'm just curious to know about what worked for you personally.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.