The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating an online dating website for Ukrainian women

CarrieMatchmaker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Feb 12, 2022
Well I mean tbh it doesn't help that most people in general just have a bad / negative perception of dating sites, apps, match making services, etc. They have the strong impression and conviction that only desperate people and people of non heteronormative conforming sexualities, gender identities, and gender expressions use those kinds of stuff and that it's mainly people of ill character and disingenuous intent that use that. Would like to also add that since you're basically puting your oublic identity out there, it makes people who are very introverted, very uncomfortable with using such services. And for some people, they would prefer to find love through natural chemistry formed from in person interactions as opposed to forming it over the internet with conscious effort. I mean yes your conscious mind can influence how subconscious operates the romantic attraction thing for you but it's mainly the latter that does most of the leg work. But hey what the hell do I know, I've never dated before nor will I be in a position to do so for a very long time (A sacrifice you have to make on your fastlane journey). So take what I say with a grain of salt about that, but yeah. There's just too much negative perception and too many bad actors on the thing that out number the legit ones (It's akin to all of the bullshit financial gurus bullshit that outnumber legit people such as MJ and Felix Dennis).
Thanks for this comment. I know I also thought that "normal" people won't use online dating. But its not true, there are many absolutely normal people, of course after hearing so many negative things about online dating most people are scared to do it. I am still willing to do it. At least I will try. I have heard so many things like : "dont do it, you won't find clients, you will find only problems, do some other business". But I still want to try and there is no stopping me. I have a few ideas how to make it bigger later. I guess the hardest is on the start. When I dont know so many things, after that it will be easier when I will have a perfect idea where to find clients. I guess I just believe that there are more good people than bad.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CarrieMatchmaker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Feb 12, 2022
The best way to get people on board would be to start a YouTube channel about your matchmaking idea. Make videos where you sit in front of a camera and talk about what this is all about and how it could help Ukrainian women and foreign men. In English, of course.

And to reiterate what the others have said, I hope we're not giving advice to a human trafficker.
Jesus! Of course not! I would not even think of that. But I understand your concern. OMG, I have picked a hard path. Thanks for advice with Youtube channel. I will do that!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
People searching for “dating agency <location>” are often looking for a genuine dating agency. Those are probably better search terms for you than others that would indicate people aren’t looking for a relationship.

CarrieMatchmaker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Feb 12, 2022
People searching for “dating agency <location>” are often looking for a genuine dating agency. Those are probably better search terms for you than others that would indicate people aren’t looking for a relationship.
yes, I think you are right. Thank you

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Ukrainian women are well educated and most have masters degree. The reason for them to look for a man abroad is not because they want money but because they believe in true love and might be too naive to believe in fairy tales. They want to be valued and loved. Unfortunately not many Ukrainian men can give it to them, mentality and traditions are different. I saw many girls getting married with foreigners and they were not always rich, actually only a few were. But I keep in contact with them and they are happy, married, loved, having kids, some just had their third child together. When I see this I want to help more girls find real love.
If they're well educated and have masters degrees that doesn't mean they're rich or have money. They could be dead broke, and living in a 1 bedroom flat, barely managing to pay their rent. I know a lot of people in Eastern Europe who have masters degrees and are dead poor.

In my opinion if they can't find men in Ukraine that's bullshit, and they're just complaining. But my opinion aside, why not help them find that minority of Ukrainian men who help them feel loved and valued? Surely there must be some.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
463%
Mar 15, 2018
The reason for them to look for a man abroad is not because they want money but because they believe in true love and might be too naive to believe in fairy tales. They want to be valued and loved. Unfortunately not many Ukrainian men can give it to them, mentality and traditions are different.

You are a walking eagle.

Anyone know what that means? ;)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
The reason for them to look for a man abroad is not because they want money but because they believe in true love and might be too naive to believe in fairy tales.

I disagree with this. The hard truth is, women from poorer countries are always looking for men in richer countries to marry so they can get out of poverty. There's no love in this and these sort of marriages tend to end badly.
It's not just in the West; in the East here, Vietnamese girls from poor villages as young as 18 are looking to marry guys aged 40 or older. The guys flip through a catalogue with the girls' pics and the agent arranges a meeting.

Anyway, check out this vid:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ggNf7B8Yfy8

Her channel is about Ukraine life but in all her videos, there's always a link to a Ukrainian dating site.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Apr 24, 2016
I disagree with this. The hard truth is, women from poorer countries are always looking for men in richer countries to marry so they can get out of poverty. There's no love in this and these sort of marriages tend to end badly.
It's not just in the West; in the East here, Vietnamese girls from poor villages as young as 18 are looking to marry guys aged 40 or older. The guys flip through a catalogue with the girls' pics and the agent arranges a meeting.

Anyway, check out this vid:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ggNf7B8Yfy8

Her channel is about Ukraine life but in all her videos, there's always a link to a Ukrainian dating site.

Yeah, so it's basically been done already.

If OP is legit and creates the best dating service, though, she can just work with this girl and other Ukranian youtubers to advertise her own website.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Yeah, so it's basically been done already.

If OP is legit and creates the best dating service, though, she can just work with this girl and other Ukranian youtubers to advertise her own website.

Actually, there's another way. She can create a YouTube channel where she creates content to do walks around Ukraine, like a virtual tour guide POV thing.

Then in the video description and video intro/outro, she can list her contact or email where potential tourists can contact her to book her.

Like this girl :

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hi everyone! I know what you all probably heard that Ukraine dating websites for foreigners got so much scam and catfishing and fraud. Its true. I used to work in matchmaking field for more than 10 years. I was shocked how much everything is screwed and sometimes I thought there are no hope at all. I felt so sad for those men who really hoped to find a girl from Ukraine to fall in love with and to build a happy life with. What's funny is that there are thousands of Ukrainian girls who do really want real relationships but they dont stand a chance because scam agencies make perfect photoshoots and profile descriptions for scam girls and real girls dont stand a chance. Well I decided to make a difference and create a real dating online website with real Ukrainian girls who do really want to meet a foreign man. I have started my website and I have found real girls but I still have not figured how to find men. I have tried Facebook and google ad but they keep refusing to work with me because they are scared I am one of those scam sites. Any suggestions? what can I do or where I can find real men who would like to meet real Ukrainian brides? I am new in this thing and I dont know much about marketing yet. I will be thankful.
The market is actually much smaller than what you or others think.

International marriage naturally come with a lot of obstacles that need to overcome.

People who are serious about it actually buy tickets to visit there.

Starting it offline rather than online could be a way.

Otherwise you could start from youtube creating content and building trust.

You can also teach basic local language and orthodox culture. People who want to invest time and effort will be interested.

Last edited:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Hi everyone! I know what you all probably heard that Ukraine dating websites for foreigners got so much scam and catfishing and fraud. Its true. I used to work in matchmaking field for more than 10 years. I was shocked how much everything is screwed and sometimes I thought there are no hope at all. I felt so sad for those men who really hoped to find a girl from Ukraine to fall in love with and to build a happy life with. What's funny is that there are thousands of Ukrainian girls who do really want real relationships but they dont stand a chance because scam agencies make perfect photoshoots and profile descriptions for scam girls and real girls dont stand a chance. Well I decided to make a difference and create a real dating online website with real Ukrainian girls who do really want to meet a foreign man. I have started my website and I have found real girls but I still have not figured how to find men. I have tried Facebook and google ad but they keep refusing to work with me because they are scared I am one of those scam sites. Any suggestions? what can I do or where I can find real men who would like to meet real Ukrainian brides? I am new in this thing and I dont know much about marketing yet. I will be thankful.

You could try working with Ukrainian American Culture Centers, every major US city has one.

Salossa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 26, 2021
I would like to ask, is there anything men have to pay for on this site?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
yes, for monthly subscription and further for a real date organisation if he want us to take care of it.
Why is it better than tinder? Since the men in other countries can passport themselves there using the app.

CarrieMatchmaker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Feb 12, 2022
You could try working with Ukrainian American Culture Centers, every major US city has one.
Thanks, I had no idea such existed
Why is it better than tinder? Since the men in other countries can passport themselves there using the app.
Are women on tinder checked? Are men on tinder checked? (serious question, cuz I dont know the answer but I suppose not) We provide a high quality service, we check background of every person registered on our website. We work with a higher goal- to lead this communication to marriage. If something goes wrong its our responsibility, we guarantee that all women on our website are single, the photos are real and the info in their profiles correct. If a man registers to find a real wife and fails because our service is not good enough we will refund everything he spent.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Thanks, I had no idea such existed

Are women on tinder checked? Are men on tinder checked? We provide a high quality service, we check background of every person registered on our website. We work with a higher goal- to lead this communication to marriage. If something goes wrong its our responsibility, we guarantee that all women on our website are single, the photos are real and the info in their profiles correct. If a man registers to find a real wife and fails because our service is not good enough we will refund everything he spent.
They can be checked but there is no guarantee that it is not a scam. They can bypass the photo verification intentionally if they want.

But superficial scammers will always fail the video test.

One type of common online scam in flower scam. Basically real or fake girls will tell you in 1-2 days that they have a birthday coming and asking you to buy flowers from “their partner shop”. This is common from Ukraine.

Right now in Asia online dating the common fraud is “investment scam”. Basically they pose as rich girls/guys and soon they will tell you that the reason they are rich is because of “digital currency investment”.

The scams in the past used to fail under the “reverse google image” test and have the photos stolen from instalgram. Now they are getting better. You cannot find in reverse google image. They are actually passing the reverse google image test. But they still fail the video test. They don’t have a real person standby.

Dating agencies in Ukraine (if they are scam) actually have professional girls to standby. The girls are real but they have no intention to marry oversea. They are just acting to get the men to spend money to buy things from affiliates. These are run as syndicates.

I don’t think you can promise results or dating experience. Because you cannot stop a girl hinting fake interest from a guy to milk as much money as possible. Eastern European girls have high standards and they would rather not marry than to lower their standard. This by nature will make success rate much lower than what people can expect. You need to set some entry barrier and expectation on both sides to make it work. Ideally the typical slavic family is one that the man can provide and mom can stay at home. Even in affluent countries most families could not do that. The reason why divorce rate in Ukraine is high is that to get the high wage men tend to work in Other European countries with their wife and kids in Ukraine and eventually the marriage fell apart. You need to think very carefully the kind of men that you want to attract to your business to make it work.

CarrieMatchmaker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Feb 12, 2022
They can be checked but there is no guarantee that it is not a scam. They can bypass the photo verification intentionally if they want.

But superficial scammers will always fail the video test.

One type of common online scam in flower scam. Basically real or fake girls will tell you in 1-2 days that they have a birthday coming and asking you to buy flowers from “their partner shop”. This is common from Ukraine.

Right now in Asia online dating the common fraud is “investment scam”. Basically they pose as rich girls/guys and soon they will tell you that the reason they are rich is because of “digital currency investment”.

The scams in the past used to fail under the “reverse google image” test and have the photos stolen from instalgram. Now they are getting better. You cannot find in reverse google image. They are actually passing the reverse google image test. But they still fail the video test. They don’t have a real person standby.

Dating agencies in Ukraine (if they are scam) actually have professional girls to standby. The girls are real but they have no intention to marry oversea. They are just acting to get the men to spend money to buy things from affiliates. These are run as syndicates.

I don’t think you can promise results or dating experience. Because you cannot stop a girl hinting fake interest from a guy to milk as much money as possible. Eastern European girls have high standards and they would rather not marry than to lower their standard. This by nature will make success rate much lower than what people can expect. You need to set some entry barrier and expectation on both sides to make it work. Ideally the typical slavic family is one that the man can provide and mom can stay at home. Even in affluent countries most families could not do that. The reason why divorce rate in Ukraine is high is that to get the high wage men tend to work in Other European countries with their wife and kids in Ukraine and eventually the marriage fell apart. You need to think very carefully the kind of men that you want to attract to your business to make it work.
That's a good point, thanks for a wise thought.
I had an idea to limit time that a girl can be registered on my website. I mean if she did not find a man within, say, a year, she should leave. It means she does not want any serious relationships. I dont mean she has to get married but at least to find a man she will be serious about. Also limit a count of men she can correspond with. She can choose 20 she likes at first, then make it 10 and after a few months make it 3. Until she picks one. I am still working on a perfect system though but I think its possible to make scam have less chances to use my website for their dirty work. Also I added a button "report" in every chat window so once a man sees some "Scamlike" message he can report so we would check if a girl is a scammer or not. In case we ve missed it before. So the sentence like "I am having a birthday buy me flowers" would not pass by. I have added some scammer key words into a filter on my website so it alerts every time its written and I can check what exactly was written. Once I see something suspicious I check.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.