The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

17 year old entrepreneur.

Dr. Daytona

The Big B
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 13, 2024
washington
Hello to the fastlane forum,

My name is Nick and ive started my journey to the fastlane. I found myself here after finding a suggestion from Hamza (a famous self improvement influencer) about a no BS Book on buisness. sure enough i bought it and i ended up here on this forum. i live in washington in a wealthy neighborhood which im extremely grateful for living in a safe enviorment. Im going into senior year of highschool and to be completely honest with you im a terrible student with barely passing grades. All i live to do and to care for is running a successful buisness. Id rather die than not own a successful buisness considering the things ive heard in MJs books. work 5 days and have only 2 days off for relaxing. ive structured my whole day around buisness and working towards my ultimate goal. My parents dont support me at all. So recently i got in a massive car crash while recklessly driving following my friends car to a party long story short the first thing my mom texted me after the cops were done calling her was "yup your going back on those ADHD meds" but anyways make of it as you will. my dad is clinically depressed and he works a 9-5 job as a tech guy which may contribute (my dad is who i live with). i had this plan after highschool (or during if i decide to dropout when my buisness explodes) to move into an apartment with my friends as a soloprenuer they would just have a 9-5 to support the rent while i make a decent sum from sales. I then expect to scale further and possibly fly out of country to somewhere cheaper. my ultimate goal at the 10 year mark is to own a rolls royce ghost and own a luxurious home. Judging from a book ive read recently "12 months to 1 million" i may move to the buisness capital of the country Texas or maybe dubai. anyways thanks for reading my story. i cant wait to be ontop.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mainaste

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Oct 24, 2023
A lot of us young guys were introduced to Millionaire Fastlane by Hamza. I look back on the self-improvement phase fondly from 4 years ago, it was definitely a pivotal moment in self-development. I also went to high school in Washington in a relatively nice area and I simply despised the academic side of it. I can definitely relate to your situation. I was in those shoes where school topics did not interest me, starry-eyed for business, and dreamt of material fortune that spread to my family and friends.

All this to say that I highly do not recommend you drop out of high school. Senior year is one of the best years to grow and have fun with your friends. The last few months of senior year, arguably the best months before everyone splits off to college, was stripped away from me due to COVID. Please don't drop out because your business had a hot streak of only a few months. The moment you drop out because you had 2 good months in a row and then experience a dry season, you will be left with nothing.

And truly I tell you, if business is all you breathe and care about, you will find time to commit alongside school. I fell under the trap of using school as an excuse for my lack of time and success for the business. Realistically, school took max 8-9 hours a day which left me a solid 5 hours every day and 12 hours every weekend to work on the business. That's more than enough hours to make it work. I just had to stop being a sperg (does he still use that term?). Good luck, and welcome.

Dr. Daytona

The Big B
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 13, 2024
washington
i guess your right i also used that excuse that i didnt have any time to study on my buisness because of school, i could potentially make it work since i also wakeup at 5:30 so id have around 1-2 hours of work and then after school 3:20 i would have around 3-4 hours thats assuming i finish all my work in school.
A lot of us young guys were introduced to Millionaire Fastlane by Hamza. I look back on the self-improvement phase fondly from 4 years ago, it was definitely a pivotal moment in self-development. I also went to high school in Washington in a relatively nice area and I simply despised the academic side of it. I can definitely relate to your situation. I was in those shoes where school topics did not interest me, starry-eyed for business, and dreamt of material fortune that spread to my family and friends.

All this to say that I highly do not recommend you drop out of high school. Senior year is one of the best years to grow and have fun with your friends. The last few months of senior year, arguably the best months before everyone splits off to college, was stripped away from me due to COVID. Please don't drop out because your business had a hot streak of only a few months. The moment you drop out because you had 2 good months in a row and then experience a dry season, you will be left with nothing.

And truly I tell you, if business is all you breathe and care about, you will find time to commit alongside school. I fell under the trap of using school as an excuse for my lack of time and success for the business. Realistically, school took max 8-9 hours a day which left me a solid 5 hours every day and 12 hours every weekend to work on the business. That's more than enough hours to make it work. I just had to stop being a sperg (does he still use that term?). Good luck, and welcome.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Cancel anytime

$7 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 44% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Crush Goals: 30% Off GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Save the best: bookmark/archive ability
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • Crush Goals: 50% Off a GoalSumo.com Subscription

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...