The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

30-year old entrepreneur kicking off their fastlane journey

Anything related to matters of the mind

Savania209

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jun 4, 2024
Why I'm starting this thread
During my 30th birthday holiday, I finished the Millionaire Fastlane book 2 weeks ago and since then have been "eavesdropping" in the forum.
As many before me, I am using this platform to share my process since I struggle with accountability and consistency (a habit I decided to lose now).

Status Quo
Currently I observed the following obstacles regarding my mindset:
  • letting outside factors influence my mood/energy/motivation
  • stuck in victim mindset -> making me paralyzed and afraid to act PLUS always feel like people take advantage of me/take sth. from me (scarcity mindset)
  • people pleasing tendencies and self worth requires external validation
  • loving instant gratification & procrastinating a lot because of it
Desired Mindset Changes
I want to move into:
  • go-getter attitude
  • action > knowledge (yes wisdom is important but I do not need to research books to add to my reading list and then never reading them)
  • believe in myself and trust myself e.g. not speaking badly about myself
  • take exercise very seriously (no more skipping boxing because of work)
  • love doing things I hate / are uncomfortable
  • "EVERY SECOND COUNTS" -- whatever I touch I want to give my best e.g. I rearranged my closet today and want to give more care to the things I already own (because then I also need to replace less stuff)
Things I've changed already
  • calculated how much I need to really live my dream life
  • collecting my daily cents
  • journalling with future me
Things I want to do next
  1. Post an update on here next week
  2. Read more books on sales&marketing -> I already run a business but we do not have a lead strategy or sales pipeline (I know), also want to analyze our current business model if it aligns with the CENTS framework
  3. Create my Goal Sumo account -> any tips?
  4. Reconsider my close relationships -> Want to scim through the forum on experiences shared regarding making the right choice for your partner/spouse.
Have a great start into the new week everyone.
Excited to kick-off this journey!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Savania209

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jun 4, 2024
Update Week 2
Things I changed/executed

1. Looking at my bank account more regularly to motivate me (also starting to weight me more often) as there is a study that just by looking at the numbers regularly they improve (staring the same with my businesses Shopify)
  2. Started posting MORE on LinkedIn — from 1x to 3x/week
  3. Prioritizing sales and marketing in my business — asked a more experienced friend for feedback about my pitch deck
  4. Re-evaluating the current strategy of my business — but then realized good to get more info hence 5)
  5. Starting to read UNSCRIPTED before diving deeper into sales and marketing books (thought it’s a good start after a millionaire fastlane )
  6. Posted an update
  7. Created a goal sumo account although I struggle a bit with the interface

Things I want to do next
  2. Finish unscripted
  3. Continue posting on LinkedIn with the new frequency
  4. Update my GoalSumo.com
  5. (From week 1) Reconsider my close relationships -> Want to scim through the forum on experiences shared regarding making the right choice for your partner/spouse — already noticed to analyze how people talk around me and that I need a new environment with people that have my goals
  6. Ditching my credit card

Savania209

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jun 4, 2024
First of all I just want to react to the new update and I appreciate the entry barrier to the forum. Also with posting here every week, these are additional external incentives that motivate you to get from thinking to DOING.

Update Week 3
Things I changed/executed

1. Still saving my daily cents and also read a lot about shame, self-worth and money
  2. Still posting MORE on LinkedIn — now shifting from what I am doing to what do I want to help people with (value creation) — a principle I want to follow by in everything I do paired with storytelling so I might also change the structure of my updates here.
  3. Read UNSCRIPTED before diving deeper into sales and marketing books (thought it’s a good start after a millionaire fastlane) — and I am in awe!! The level of detail now it’s really just about making the right choices and executing. Especially for our marketing and customer service I took away a lot of valuable things. Books I added to my reading list: Noam Chomsky — The Precipice, Harry Browne — The Secret on Selling Anything, Richard Wiseman — Think a little. Change a lot.) — I also think I want to read unscripted and the millionaire fastlane 2-3x each year to really ingrain the content in my brain (I even dreamt about my future while reading, so the level of motivation I have is unmatched to anything I’ve ever understood before! Since I am taking care of my parents (Both are sick) and I see where wrong choices (health and money wise), sticking to the script AND having a bad retirement plan leads you — I could not have a bigger WHY as I see the future I won’t have every time I visit and I want to be able to give them more peace while they say good bye to life.. I wish both of them had access to the internet and the type of knowledge I have at 30 — I cannot change their story also it makes me tear up but I can change mine by facing my challenges and doing the things that are uncomfortable but needed instead of finding excuses)
  4. Posted an update
  5. Kept working ON my business instead of in it.
  6. Did an external locus of control test

Things I want to do next
  2. Finish Blue Ocean Strategy
  3. Continue posting on LinkedIn with the new frequency
  4. Update my GoalSumo.com (good to see this on here as I keep procrastinating this!!)
  5. I already stopped using my credit card. Now it’s time to cancel it.
  6. Summarizing Unscripted and the Millionaire Fastlane on my Notion to quickly key word search whenever I need it (let me know if you want access, happy to share with you)
  7. Updating my pitch deck
  8. Re-evaluating my relationships using the tools in Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted (glad I waited to get a bit more insight), do a WADM for moving cities, and re-evaluating my current asset portfolio (happy to see that I already am highly engaged in dividend stocks and REITs which keeps me even more motivated)

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs yearly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read/response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.