The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Am I being a R*****?? fastlane detour for some reason...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Fran_C

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 8, 2022
Chile
I'd like to preface this post by thanking anyone who takes time out of their day to read it, I'm fully aware that nobody owes me the favor of
giving me advice, nonetheless I find it pretty difficult to receive non scripted advice in my immediate social circles, so thank you beforehand for your invaluable insights.

My name is Francisco I was born in Venezuela but moved to Chile, and I'm 21 years old, I discovered MJs teachings about a year ago and I fully subscribe to the idea and the execution as far as what this life requires from us, I've executed (very poorly) some business ideas before such as starting a headlight cleaning business, I sold cinnamon rolls for a while, also started to cut hair, I stopped working on these and I've defaulted back to working my main job + doing deliveries on a motorcycle whilst listening to podcasts under the pretense of "wanting to buy a car and thereafter continue to pursue the fastlane" all in all I've been working 85+ hour workweeks over the past months, making roughly 850 USD per month (main job income plus the deliveries, minimum salary here is roughly 450usd per month)

Am I being an absolute moron by defaulting to being a time slave in the pursuit of a "car"?

I put the word in quotes because within me there's a fight between the me who's heart skips a beat when I think about owning a vehicle, which is something that'll definitely make me feel happy and in some sense it'll boost my confidence in the fact that I'd prove to myself I can achieve something through sheer hard work and also the other me who thinks that it's an empty pursuit and that im using it as a coping mechanism in the sense that for me it's easier to work long hours in something that is mind numbing rather than plunge myself back into the unknown road of entrepeneurship, which I have never abandoned, atleast not in the mental sense, for the seeds that have been implanted in my way of thinking ever since I discovered MJ have never disappeared and I honestly think they never will..

I also read recently the post MJ made about ditching the motorcycle, and I fully fully fully agree with the notion that it sucks to know your life can be ended because someone else isn't paying attention, it's something that I contend with everyday but so far I'm still alive, though it is definitely something I take into account when I think about the vehicle.

Thank you for reading once again, I fully appreciate it and I'll gladly read all your advice, if there is anything that i could so to help you in return please make sure to let me know and I'll do so!! Thank you thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Am I being an absolute moron by defaulting to being a time slave in the pursuit of a "car"?
Yes.

How will you buy the car you want making $450/month?

Option A: work your a$$ off 80 hours a week making $450/month so you can buy a nice car in 10 years

Option B: work your a$$ off 80 hours a week and hit 100k/month and buy however many cars you want

im using it as a coping mechanism in the sense that for me it's easier to work long hours in something that is mind numbing rather than plunge myself back into the unknown road of entrepeneurship, which I have never abandoned, atleast not in the mental sense, for the seeds that have been implanted in my way of thinking ever since I discovered MJ have never disappeared and I honestly think they never will..
You know it. Just need to stop being a pussy

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I'd like to preface this post by thanking anyone who takes time out of their day to read it, I'm fully aware that nobody owes me the favor of
giving me advice, nonetheless I find it pretty difficult to receive non scripted advice in my immediate social circles, so thank you beforehand for your invaluable insights.

My name is Francisco I was born in Venezuela but moved to Chile, and I'm 21 years old, I discovered MJs teachings about a year ago and I fully subscribe to the idea and the execution as far as what this life requires from us, I've executed (very poorly) some business ideas before such as starting a headlight cleaning business, I sold cinnamon rolls for a while, also started to cut hair, I stopped working on these and I've defaulted back to working my main job + doing deliveries on a motorcycle whilst listening to podcasts under the pretense of "wanting to buy a car and thereafter continue to pursue the fastlane" all in all I've been working 85+ hour workweeks over the past months, making roughly 850 USD per month (main job income plus the deliveries, minimum salary here is roughly 450usd per month)

I put the word in quotes because within me there's a fight between the me who's heart skips a beat when I think about owning a vehicle, which is something that'll definitely make me feel happy and in some sense it'll boost my confidence in the fact that I'd prove to myself I can achieve something through sheer hard work and also the other me who thinks that it's an empty pursuit and that im using it as a coping mechanism in the sense that for me it's easier to work long hours in something that is mind numbing rather than plunge myself back into the unknown road of entrepeneurship, which I have never abandoned, atleast not in the mental sense, for the seeds that have been implanted in my way of thinking ever since I discovered MJ have never disappeared and I honestly think they never will..

I also read recently the post MJ made about ditching the motorcycle, and I fully fully fully agree with the notion that it sucks to know your life can be ended because someone else isn't paying attention, it's something that I contend with everyday but so far I'm still alive, though it is definitely something I take into account when I think about the vehicle.

Thank you for reading once again, I fully appreciate it and I'll gladly read all your advice, if there is anything that i could so to help you in return please make sure to let me know and I'll do so!! Thank you thank you
If you look at a car as a reward or status symbol, you probably won't be satisfied unless you own one.

Most cars, from a financial viewpoint are a money drain. Buying a car is just the beginning. You also have to add in the cost of fuel, insurance, maintenance, registration, taxes, and interest if you borrow money for it. I am a gearhead and love cars but I see them as a necessary expense in my life.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
bro you work 85 hours a week to get paid $850 a month?

Can I hire you????? (remote work)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

A car is a depreciating asset unless you can use it as a transportation tool for your own hustle, then it becomes a necessary business expense.

A better goal is to save it up for your next business idea. Having a strong work ethics like yours is always a good start.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.