The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any other Aussies?

Wal903

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane
g'day. I'm 30 from Australia. If there is any Aussie fastlaners around say hello. I'm just starting out with my escape from the slow lane, and I'm looking to connect with some like minded types, for pointers and motivation. Cheers guys, don't be shy. ~Wal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
Last edited by a moderator:

contract

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 29, 2013
Misc has a ton of Aussies in the mega Business thread.

Welcome to the TFL forum. :_)

MikeAU

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Mar 24, 2014
Brisbane
Hey Wal, welcome to the forums. I'm from Brisbane myself. Currently run a property maintenance/ Construction/ Cleaning company.

Definitely need to get a meetup happening in the new year.

Cheers

Wal903

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane
Hey all, thanks for saying hello. I have 2 ideas, though no ideas on how to get them out of my head and into the box. The main one I'm looking at I guess is kinda like a classified ads website. Like Gumtree but a little more specific. My first problem I've found is with registering for a .com.au domain. You need an ABN or a registered business name. Does anyone know if that is going to have tax implications for me. I work full time and spend a lot of time in remote areas away from home, so I'm gonna be slow getting it off the ground and generating income. I'd hate to be copping extra tax when I'm not yet generating income.

The other is an short eBook on quitting smoking. Possibly not going to be the next Allen Carr's easy way to quit smoking, but it's got my own twist and really I only started writing it for fun.

I'm almost unskilled with web design besides very very basic html/Css. Do you web based guys DIY your websites, or do you find contractors for that sort of thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kerin

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
592%
Nov 12, 2013
Sydney
Hey @Wal903 welcome to the forum and hello from Sydney.

Registering for an ABN is free and you won't need to pay any income tax until you start generating income so you may as well register for an ABN then purchase your domain to get the ball rolling.

All my websites are DIY - wasn't hard to learn. I've used Shopify (very easy to use with no coding knowledge required), Weebly (very easy to use with no coding knowledge required) and Wordpress (coding knowledge helps but not necessary).

Goobii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 29, 2011
AUS
Hi Wal,
I'm based in Brisbane as well but travel frequently to Sydney.
I have a cleaning company (8 years, based in Sydney) & a fast food business(based in Brisbane, 1.5 years).
I've met up with @FreeMan on a number of occassions. There's also @codo3500 from Newscastle.

Like @Kerin12 said, there's plenty of options out there to setup websites without any coding knowledge. If you're time poor, then you might want to consider using contractors from Elance or Freelancer to develop something for you.

Cheers

Concept

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Dec 12, 2014
Hey mate, I'm in Armidale in northern NSW, but I got down to Sydney ever other month.

Welcome to the forum

lukeymacca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 26, 2014
Hello Wal,

Im from WA Bunbury, lots of aussies on here by the looks :)

Wal903

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane
Nice to meet everyone. I finally have replaced my laptop, which died after a work trip to a shitty desert country, getting filled with sand and basically melting half the components inside. This forum is much, much more usable when you are not restricted to iPhone.

Thanks for the advice with the ATO and business registering/ABN. I've experimented with the website builder from GoDaddy, though from what I read, weebly is a little more user friendly. I haven't checked out shopify yet. I enjoy learning to code, but there are better things to spend time on.

I look forward to checking out all of your progress threads. I've made a decision on pursuing the quit smoking book, with accompanying website and a few other potential features. Mostly though, the online stuff is on the back burner, as priority one is fully drafting, editing and publishing the book. My current plan is finish the draft (I'm about a third of the way through) and read up on all things marketing/sales before bed each night. The rest can wait, otherwise it will seem like too big of a mountain to climb.

Thanks again, I usually meet with negative criticism when I mention doing anything other than advancing my current career (which I hate). My wife's family are very academically and career driven people, and will try and influence me to do what is 'in my best interest'. Which is always my career. I'll be turning to you lot to keep me sane, as unless I actually make a lot of sales, the pressure to keep my life slowlaned will not go away. They are pushing me to promote into management positions. I give more than enough time to my job. I want to sell my first book by the end of the this year.

Last question, what is all the stuff under your profile picture? Speed points, Rep Bank, The speed that is under your name? I couldn't find any introduction to the forum features stuff. How does all of that work? This is the first time i've logged on with a computer.

Cheers guys.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.