The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Closed my first sale - hell that was scary!

Marketing, social media, advertising

Maxkaz

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jul 19, 2023
Israel
Good day, week and year, everyone!

Today I have closed my first 'real' sale. And what a psychological turmoil it was.

Firstly it was a b2b sale. My entrepreneur adventure is already 6 months old but until now I was only making small p2p orders (I am doing small repairs and maintenance). And this one is a full-scale everyday office work (not that I sit in the office, I take care of it after hours) with monthly pay.

Secondly, language. I am Russian speaker, I know English fairly well. But here all the cold calling was done in Hebrew which I study-by-doing for 4 years by now. All the calling, negotiations, contract and communication done in Hebrew.

Thirdly, pre-expenses. After we hit hands, I went to spend all my free money for equipment.

And boy ow boy it hit me hard. After I finished the main round of negotiations where we agreed on the terms, I suddenly felt so cold and shivering that I just had to get under the blanket for some hours just to warm up. Why no-one ever warns that successful sale is such a scary thing?)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Logesh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 5, 2023

Today I have closed my first 'real' sale. And what a psychological turmoil it was.

Firstly it was a b2b sale. My entrepreneur adventure is already 6 months old but until now I was only making small p2p orders (I am doing small repairs and maintenance). And this one is a full-scale everyday office work (not that I sit in the office, I take care of it after hours) with monthly pay.

Secondly, language. I am Russian speaker, I know English fairly well. But here all the cold calling was done in Hebrew which I study-by-doing for 4 years by now. All the calling, negotiations, contract and communication done in Hebrew.

Thirdly, pre-expenses. After we hit hands, I went to spend all my free money for equipment.

And boy ow boy it hit me hard. After I finished the main round of negotiations where we agreed on the terms, I suddenly felt so cold and shivering that I just had to get under the blanket for some hours just to warm up. Why no-one ever warns that successful sale is such a scary thing?)
Congratulations
One day I will also feel it.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles

I know the feeling. You feel a burden to perform well. It's either you succeed or fail. But rely on your experiences and skills and be confident. Also, it may be an internal thing as well. Maybe you're not used to success or being taken serious. So you feel somewhat as an imposter. Ignore it, after a little time you will start feeling like a real business owner and that you are not faking it. In the beginning you have to fake it to learn but that will go away.

Keep in mind, failure isn't fatal either. You can always apologize, fix situations, and get peoples' approval. People respect a person who admits fault and then takes responsibility to correct it. Lastly, remember, they are people just like you. They make mistakes too. They started small, made mistakes, struggled, etc.

Maxkaz

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jul 19, 2023
Israel
Ok, so it’s been 2 weeks since my firstborn sale. Now I have 3 already ongoing long-term contracts, at least 2 I will sign this week (people agreed on my price and terms and we are meeting in the end of the week to put pen to paper) and 2 others are waiting for the 1st of February to close the deal.

I started from literary broke. Now, 2 weeks into business (and half-year of “entrepreneuring” in my free time before that) I am adding like a quarter of my salary onto my account with half-day of real work a week (sales proccess not accounted for).

What I am doing is definitely NOT a fastlane. It does follow commandments of control and need, but lacks the other three. But that does not bother me. On my “business” I work my a$$ off every single minute, but this grants me time and experience. After I fully substitute my salary with business income (at this rate like 6 weeks into the future) I will quit the job, pile up some more clients to add some free money to the pile of free time to the mix and will move to add more commandments to the business model. There are tons of what I can do in both my current (surprisingly full of traction) business and in other, more complex and challenging ventures I dream of. Incrementally, one small step after another, I will reach a fully “fastlane” business model.

That is what I lacked in my understanding after I read first 2 books of MJ. The progression. If a dumb guy like me with ton of debt, lots of commitments and a broken life comes into play - how a step-by-step solution might look like? Figured it out by myself and really want sometimes to see it in some book. Doubt I will write it myself - seems I will be too busy building stuff :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Ok, so it’s been 2 weeks since my firstborn sale. Now I have 3 already ongoing long-term contracts, at least 2 I will sign this week (people agreed on my price and terms and we are meeting in the end of the week to put pen to paper) and 2 others are waiting for the 1st of February to close the deal.

I started from literary broke. Now, 2 weeks into business (and half-year of “entrepreneuring” in my free time before that) I am adding like a quarter of my salary onto my account with half-day of real work a week (sales proccess not accounted for).

What I am doing is definitely NOT a fastlane. It does follow commandments of control and need, but lacks the other three. But that does not bother me. On my “business” I work my a$$ off every single minute, but this grants me time and experience. After I fully substitute my salary with business income (at this rate like 6 weeks into the future) I will quit the job, pile up some more clients to add some free money to the pile of free time to the mix and will move to add more commandments to the business model. There are tons of what I can do in both my current (surprisingly full of traction) business and in other, more complex and challenging ventures I dream of. Incrementally, one small step after another, I will reach a fully “fastlane” business model.

That is what I lacked in my understanding after I read first 2 books of MJ. The progression. If a dumb guy like me with ton of debt, lots of commitments and a broken life comes into play - how a step-by-step solution might look like? Figured it out by myself and really want sometimes to see it in some book. Doubt I will write it myself - seems I will be too busy building stuff :)
Privet, my friend.

Good job!

Maxkaz

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jul 19, 2023
Israel
Okay, so it has been 3 weeks in my first "serious" b2business. No payments yet, but some clients start to ask for account details to send payment my way. Seems we have boarded the wave - clients have started recommending me to another clients and this Friday I am signing 2 more agreements in the same local area. It is going so fast and steady that I am literary dropping my 9/5 (more like 12/5.5 but who cares) 2 months before I initially planned. Productocracy seems to work! Happy clients = new clients.

Also during all this work some ideas started coming to mind. Of some products which could enhance my working capabilities eventually bringing me (and whoever works in the same field) more $$$ per hour*. This is what I see as my future "step two" - to use free time to build some tangible products based on my experience and try to market them. I do not know if it will work, but some electronic components are already flying from Aliexpress. My 3d-printer, soldering iron and Fusion 360 are also eagerly waiting for their arrival.

*I understand clearly that $$$/hour is "not fastlane", but I do not care at this stage.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.