The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cold calling for web design clients

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
Hello,

Has anyone here had any success cold calling for web design clients?

I'd like some advice if you have any

I'll be cold-calling law firms.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
Thanks. I'm going to post my results here

Day 1
I entered two offices and got rejected by the receptionist both times. I don't think this is worth doing very often.

I made 10 phone calls and four of the receptionists left a message. I'm going to start asking for a custom message where I include the reasons a lawyer needs a website, including that 74% of clients look at a lawyer's site to take action.

I'll wake up tomorrow at an earlier time so I can hopefully catch some people before they're busy.

I'll only post in this thread when something exciting happens.

Things are looking down. I've been on this Fastlane path since 2017, and the life of an entrepreneur is tough. Nobody understands when you spend $500 on articles for your blog and none of them succeed. All you get is hate. Nobody understands when you reject their offer to play video games or play tennis to spend your time building backlinks instead, which also goes nowhere. My only success to show is selling my affiliate blog for a mere $5000 in 2020. IF I would have kept it I'd be making $2000 a month in passive income right now. Nobody really believes things until you prove it though.

RudyR

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 24, 2023
Texas
If you haven't read @Fox free ebook, I would highly suggest it. It's in a story type format where there are 2 website designers/creators. But 1 focuses on the specs and features and the other focuses on the customers needs and delivers with value. Basically leading with value as the top priority:

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
May 9, 2021
Hey bud, I've made about 2,500 during my breaks at work over the past 10 months.
It's... it's okay but I'd highly suggesting looking for local networking groups or flexing your immediate and 2nd/3rd order network.

Most of the time you're looking at a ratio of Ready/interested/not interested as 1-2/8-12/86. What's even worse is that when you cold call, you're a "salesman" and as everyone knows... it's okay to lie to salespeople. You'll hear a lot of "Oh wow yeah this sounds great, call me back this week or next month" then you try to follow up and get ghosted or have the can kicked down the road.
If you're like me and have no other option and time to burn... why not and it builds character, but there's probably better ways to start and get those clients.

Have you looked at FB group prospecting or running cold e-mail campaigns for local businesses yet?

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jan 18, 2022
Started my agency 08/22 and sold it earlier this month for 12X,XXX.

I never touched cold outreach because the data says it isn't worth the time/effort. Instead, I put more effort into finding the actual decision makers (LinkedIn is great for this), and I'd drum up value on contact.

A short list of potential updates/changes and why they matter, a "reel" explaining how/where/why their SEO is being negatively effected, etc.

Outside of that, get yourself a solid team of sales people and pay them via commission. Teach them how to explain/show value in whatever your agency is offering, and then let them worry about landing clients.

Cheers.

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
Started my agency 08/22 and sold it earlier this month for 12X,XXX.

I never touched cold outreach because the data says it isn't worth the time/effort. Instead, I put more effort into finding the actual decision makers (LinkedIn is great for this), and I'd drum up value on contact.

A short list of potential updates/changes and why they matter, a "reel" explaining how/where/why their SEO is being negatively effected, etc.

Outside of that, get yourself a solid team of sales people and pay them via commission. Teach them how to explain/show value in whatever your agency is offering, and then let them worry about landing clients.

Cheers.
Congrats!

I've switched to your method. I realized I have to pay for LinkedIn message credits, so I am saving up for those right now. Hopefully, this works out. Here's what I'm sending:

Hey x! I noticed the web presence for your guys' law firm is not doing well. You're missing out on potential clients and confusing clients because they can't get much info about your law firm online. According to a few studies, 74% of law clients look at a firm's website to make a decision. That's a big number. If you'd like, I could create a website for you guys, which would be greatly helpful to your customers. I work for Triangle Web Agency. We are located in Chattanooga, TN. We have helped law firms see a 15% increase in new clients in the past, and have helped them to create a better customer experience. If you'd like, I could send you what I'd need and we could get started. I charge $500 for a basic website, and any future updates are on a case-by-case basis, but a single page change should only cost you around $50, and something as simple as a single image would only be $5. I see huge potential in getting this set up for you. Let me know what you think. Thanks for your time.

I'll try to incorporate some of your recommendations in that tomorrow once I get some credits.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.