The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Fantasy Football

What should the stakes be?

• Cash (not too much...between $10 and $20)

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Rep Points

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Hey,

Anybody interested in getting a Fastlane Fantasy Football League together for this season? I'm willing to run the league as long as we have willing participants.

We can do it for cash (like $10 per team through PayPal) or just for rep points and bragging rights.

It can be done through either Yahoo or ESPN. ESPN offers free stat tracker while Yahoo does not.

If you're interested, please post your preferences (cash vs. rep points and ESPN vs. Yahoo).

Let me know if you're interested!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm in.

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
Ryan you already know I'm in :eusa_clap:

Rep points are my vote.

Traditionally, I've used yahoo.

I don't mind the lack of stat tracking. Fantasy football is only a few days a week (Thursday- Sunday- Monday) compared to fantasy baseball where there are games every day. So, in those regards, I don't think stat tracker is that important.

There's my vote

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I play on Yahoo every year. Have any of guys beenin a keeper league before? I think it encourages people to stay in year after year and keeps the league going. We play you get to keep two players on your team each year. I am in for up to $50. $20 would be fine by me as well.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Okay, great! Sounds like we have some interest.

I'm gonna go ahead and make a league on Yahoo -- seems to be what everyone's comfortable with.

We'll decide on the money vs. rep points afterwards. I'll post the info once it's created.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I just created the league on Yahoo!

PM me for the registration info, or send me your email address so I can invite you.

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
Ryan, count me in as well.

If we want to put a *Business* approach to it, may I recommend a dynasty league? I am in two and being in them makes all other snake-draft leagues seem, I don't know, so yesterday.

In a dynasty league, you *own* your franchise. Owners may come and go, but their franchises stay intact and the new owners must pick up the pieces from where the old owners left off and build their empires.

There are rookie drafts and free agency signings as well. Each team is given a salary cap to work with and must have a set number of players on its roster each season to stay in compliance w/ the rules. There are salary cap penalties for cutting players in-season. I won't get too far into it here but it does make for a much more interesting and competitive fantasy football season.

I have a pretty solid set of rules already in place for the two leagues that I am in - one that I run and the other I co-run. If this is something you guys would be interested in let me know and maybe Ryan and I can co-commissioner on this league. I'll post all my rules and then we can go from there.

OR...excuse my hijack of this thread and simply count me in for a regular fantasy league :cool:

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Ryan, count me in as well.

If we want to put a *Business* approach to it, may I recommend a dynasty league? I am in two and being in them makes all other snake-draft leagues seem, I don't know, so yesterday.

In a dynasty league, you *own* your franchise. Owners may come and go, but their franchises stay intact and the new owners must pick up the pieces from where the old owners left off and build their empires.

There are rookie drafts and free agency signings as well. Each team is given a salary cap to work with and must have a set number of players on its roster each season to stay in compliance w/ the rules. There are salary cap penalties for cutting players in-season. I won't get too far into it here but it does make for a much more interesting and competitive fantasy football season.

I have a pretty solid set of rules already in place for the two leagues that I am in - one that I run and the other I co-run. If this is something you guys would be interested in let me know and maybe Ryan and I can co-commissioner on this league. I'll post all my rules and then we can go from there.

OR...excuse my hijack of this thread and simply count me in for a regular fantasy league :cool:
As somebody who plays video games strictly for the "Dynasty Mode" in all the sports games, I'm definitely interested.

If there's more interest for it, we can definitely co-commish together.

Otherwise, we can keep it like a regular league. If we have enough people, though, maybe we can have one regular league and one dynasty?

I don't know...we shall see!

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
As somebody who plays video games strictly for the "Dynasty Mode" in all the sports games, I'm definitely interested.

:iagree:

Madden '09 is only a few weeks away. I can't tell you the last time I actually played a full game on Madden. Always "Owner Mode" and I let my "coaches" do my dirty work for me.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
:iagree:

Madden '09 is only a few weeks away. I can't tell you the last time I actually played a full game on Madden. Always "Owner Mode" and I let my "coaches" do my dirty work for me.
Now that's passive/Fastlane!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
When is the deadline Ryan?

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
A Dynasty League sounds very, very interesting. Consider me IN, like IN n Out. IN, like the Holiday INn. IN, like INto the Wild. IN, like an INcognito ninja... You get the idea

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
When is the deadline Ryan?
To sign up for the league?

I have the draft set for August 7th (Thursday) as of now. I'll adjust accordingly based on how many we get.

I'd like to have everybody who is interested signed up by Sunday. Then, we can start hammering out the details about Dynasty vs. Single-Season and Rep points vs. Money (and how much).

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
Count me in!!!!!!!!

My game face:pissed:

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
If we have it during the week, I would suggest having it late. 10pm eastern?

We need to figure out quickly how many wants in?

Rules/Guidelines? Points per catch, TD, yardage, players on roster.

If we do 'dynasty" mode which I think is a great idea, how many players do we keep? All? 2?

Several things to think about Yankee but I know you can get this all together. Create the league, invite everyone through PM who has said they are in and let everyone else who in who wants in.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
If we have it during the week, I would suggest having it late. 10pm eastern?

We need to figure out quickly how many wants in?

Rules/Guidelines? Points per catch, TD, yardage, players on roster.

If we do 'dynasty" mode which I think is a great idea, how many players do we keep? All? 2?

Several things to think about Yankee but I know you can get this all together. Create the league, invite everyone through PM who has said they are in and let everyone else who in who wants in.
I think a Dynasty league would have us keep most, if not all, of our players.

I can make the draft later, but I didn't wanna make it too late for some people.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Alright, well I am not going to sign up yet. I know I would not be able to do the draft on Aug. 7th though until like 10pm (eastern). I will just sit back and see how everything works out but don't have to plan around me man!

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
Given the interest garnered up to this point, and due to the complexities of being in a dynasty league, I would suggest we put on the hold the dynasty league idea.

It takes a pretty dedicated person to be in a dynasty league. There is a lot of action from draft day through the off-season. Even one owner who fades mid-season when they start falling out of playoff contention can ruin the season for the rest.

Maybe we would be better off keeping this as a one-year snake draft, see who joins and what type of commitment they give and then decide toward the end of this year if we want to start a dynasty league next year.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Given the interest garnered up to this point, and due to the complexities of being in a dynasty league, I would suggest we put on the hold the dynasty league idea.

It takes a pretty dedicated person to be in a dynasty league. There is a lot of action from draft day through the off-season. Even one owner who fades mid-season when they start falling out of playoff contention can ruin the season for the rest.

Maybe we would be better off keeping this as a one-year snake draft, see who joins and what type of commitment they give and then decide toward the end of this year if we want to start a dynasty league next year.
I agree. Sounds good to me.

Guys/Gals,

If you expressed your interest in the league and plan on joining, please do so ASAP.

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
I would agree that time is an issue. I really like fantasy football. But I don't want to get into something that is going to take up a lot of time. I dedicate a few hrs a week to 2 leagues that I am im each year. Anymore than that and for me at least it can become counter productive.Whatever everyone decides is great but I don't want to put so much time and effort into something unless it is fastlane.
Just my thought.
Count me in for a regular league, and prepare for the smack-talk!!!!!:boxing_smiley:

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
How come this league only lets us edit our pre-draft rankings 45 minutes before the draft? I'd like to start working on this in advance, just in case I won't be around that night. I'm sure a lot of other fastlaners have busy schedules too ;)

- Hakrjak

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm signed up ... not sure about pre-draft screening ... maybe Ryan knows.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
How come this league only lets us edit our pre-draft rankings 45 minutes before the draft? I'd like to start working on this in advance, just in case I won't be around that night. I'm sure a lot of other fastlaners have busy schedules too ;)

- Hakrjak
Go to "Draft Central" and then "Pre-Draft Rankings". I'm able to edit mine; let me know if you still can't.

SIX SPOTS REMAINING

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Hopefully you guys will BS around so I don't miss too many of the early rounds. :) I should be on about 20 mins late.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD

- Hakrjak

Go to "Draft Central" and then "Pre-Draft Rankings". I'm able to edit mine; let me know if you still can't.
Any luck, Hak?

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I hope we can get 5 more spots filled....maybe this weekend some people will see the thread.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I've sent out a few emails to some of the more active members here. Most haven't responded; the others weren't interested.

Let's get this filled up ASAP! Please, guys -- send out PMs to anybody you think might be interested in joining up.

If you're on the fence about joining, what could be better than competing in a fantasy football league with the best people around?!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.