The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Fantasy Football

What should the stakes be?

• Cash (not too much...between $10 and $20)

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Rep Points

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
Well, the draft didn't go as well as I would have liked for me. Not a bad team but not what I was wanting. Pay-pal is fine and if Yankees wants to hold it that's great. It will be fun playing against all of you...
M&T...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
It's football time, baby!!!

I emailed all league members with instructions on how to pay. If you didn't get the email, it is also posted as the Commissioner's Note on the league's homepage.

Feel free to PM or email me with any questions.

Good luck, guys!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ, tough luck with Brady. A win is a win though...I take them however they come.

No surprise, I have no luck at these sports games. Last year, I lucked out with Marvin Harrison and he was injured the entire year. This year, I grab Brady who had a starting QB consecutive streak and what happens? He gets injured. I have a bunch of 2nd string hacks on my team ... I'll take 3 wins this year.

czach41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Oct 11, 2007
Denver
Ack, if I had only played Willie Parker instead of Steven Jackson I would be 1-0.
I feel your pain M.J., I took Brady in one of my other leagues... and Burleson. Double whammy in week one. :smx6:

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
Hahaha, I had Marvin Harrison last year as well. This year in my my other league I took Tom Brady also! Fantasy Football sucks!
M&T...:pissed:

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
With this being a one year league, it really puts you in a tough spot. The good news is, the league is REALLY deep so you can get a QB that will produce some. If we were going to keep the league going, you could deal Brady to a team that had no chance if you wanted to make a playoff push. One year league and a star goes down, pretty much out of luck. Goodluck though, don't settle for 3 wins! lol

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Doh, I lost week 1... I took Darren McFadden on a risk, and it looks to be a bad one after last nights game. Hopefully his shoulder is OK, but even if it is -- he played terrible. His backup from Arkansas (Felix Jones) is playing at such a higher level in Dallas.... Oh well... I made a move today to grab a RB from NE who looks to be getting lots of action, and who will continue to see action now that Brady is down I'm sure.

Good luck everyone!

- Hakrjak

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
My team name is Astuno. I am the proud owner of the V12 800 horsepower beast named Ladanian Tomlinson. 1-0 baby!

MJ, feel free to trade for Cassel
Hakrjak, propose me for Felix Jones

Eagerly awaiting week #2!

czach41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Oct 11, 2007
Denver
MJ, you aren't really going to bench all your players this week, are you? I mean c'mon, you might lose twenty bucks!!!

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
My team name is Astuno. I am the proud owner of the V12 800 horsepower beast named Ladanian Tomlinson. 1-0 baby!

MJ, feel free to trade for Cassel
Hakrjak, propose me for Felix Jones

Eagerly awaiting week #2!

Done... You want McFadden, he's yours....

I made a similar mistake a couple years ago when I traded Reggie Bush away in week 2 after a dissapointing start, and then he went on to have a killer season. Hopefully that doesn't happen again :)

- Hakrjak

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ, you aren't really going to bench all your players this week, are you? I mean c'mon, you might lose twenty bucks!!!

No, I have to set it up again.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
BTW, Derek Anderson is on the trading block ... I need a running back ... send a trade prop to Merkins who has a crappy QB contingent.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is everyone still playing? Or have people dropped out? I'm seeing rosters with players on the BYE week. I'd like to win my first game by competition, not be forfeiture!

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
MJ, looks like only one team doesn't have their lineups set. Luke has one guy (Calvin) starting on a bye week. Other than that, we're all good to go.

I actually just set my lineup before I read that post, so if that was directed at me, my excuse is that I usually wait for Sundays to see who I'm gonna start because that's when I know the most about all of the injury situations. :)

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I got mine in. I always wait to the last second because of injuries and to see who is going to play or not.

I am first in points scored but 1-2, anything wrong with this picture? :wtf:

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
I would be 3-0 if I had played Ladanian Tomlinson last week... shame on me.
Lesson learned, never bench LT even if he's questionable.

BTW: Can't believe I picked up Marques Colston!

I have a plethora of RB's, and I'll trade one to the highest bidder.

Yours truly,
Ronnie Brown's #1 Fan

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
So are you guys actually gonna collect the money for this before things get too out of whack and some people don't want to pay up because they're losing?
I sent out emails, PMs, and posted on the message boards, but I still have only received one payment.

Do you all have Paypal accounts? If you don't, I may be able to send you a link to pay to my Paypal by CC. I think like $2 get deducted from the $20 for the league, but I'll just make up the difference at the end. Small price to pay to be in a league with you all. :)

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I never got the msg. Can you post the payment details here also? We should have a cutoff of when payments can come in. Don't want people waiting until they see if they are winning or not before they send payment.

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I never got the msg. Can you post the payment details here also? We should have a cutoff of when payments can come in. Don't want people waiting until they see if they are winning or not before they send payment.

Cheers,

- Hakrjak
I think I got some automated reply from your email address about you being out of the office from a period of time of a few weeks before my email was sent.

Please send your league buy-in to me via Paypal. My Paypal username is Yankees338@comcast.net -- the fee is $20.

If you scroll down on the league home page, there is a Commissioner's Note with this information.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm 0-4 and I'm good for it. It's been on my list.

wbuild

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 27, 2007
I don't have paypal- but I need to get the cash to you, pm me with details of how to get you my money.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
MJ, you must have the most points of any winless team I've seen. My guess is that your luck will turn.

I'll see if I can send you guys a request for funds without a Paypal account. You may just be able to pay with a CC.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.