The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • The Fastlane Forum Is Going Exclusively Private with Paid Access

After 17 years of my personal dedication to a freely accessible forum, the time has come for this forum to become a private, limited access community. To read more, visit the announcement thread or apply to become a member.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join today.

Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has helped entrepreneurs win their freedom with over 38,000 game-changing posts. Join over 90,000 members and a library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Get to know yourself

Anything related to matters of the mind

Trybun

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 24, 2024
Warsaw
Hello, I want to get as much as I can from fastlane forum, but also share my knowledge and help some people! Even though I'm not an entrepreneur (yet), I think that I have plenty of things to share about mindset.

Journaling was one of the best investment in myself that I did along the way. It took me few weeks to feel comfortable with writing, but eventually it started to work really well for me. Here are some tips and knowledge that you can use:

1. Ask yourself "why?" on the daily basis. That thing can clarify your life and decisions for you. Notebook is the greatest place to catch some reflections. When I studied philosophy for a law school I even found out that the stoic - Marcus Aurelius was writing about "reflection training", well the manifestation of this is placed in his opus magnum. Anyway, asking yourself "why?" lead you to find answers for your actions. There are many people that just exist and do normal things everyday without feeling of deeper mission. That's how I found out what I really want - by asking myself deeply, really deeply. If you want to dive into this topic, I suggest reading "atomic habits" and listen to Jordan Peterson's podcasts.

2. Set yourself some goals. MJ underlines the importance of goals, because without it you don't know where you are going. You can set it in mind, but writing it down will strengthen your connection between you and your mission. It makes sort of commitment that can turn into reality. What is more, you can set your goals, when you know yourself more. It will also make your connection with mission stronger.

3. Write golden ideas of yours and others on the end pages. Well I go from left to right, when it comes to my feelings and other stuff. But if I read something important, I will immiditaliy turn my notebook over and go from the end to start. This is helpful, because you can always check some important stuff and think about it. For instance, I have some quotes of people that inspire me on the back, but also my researches and golden thoughts. Having it on the two sides in your notebook crates a border that separates rational stuff from the emotional.

I have many more things to share about journaling, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RosemaryAndPines

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 19, 2024
Germany
Hello, I want to get as much as I can from fastlane forum, but also share my knowledge and help some people! Even though I'm not an entrepreneur (yet), I think that I have plenty of things to share about mindset.

Journaling was one of the best investment in myself that I did along the way. It took me few weeks to feel comfortable with writing, but eventually it started to work really well for me. Here are some tips and knowledge that you can use:

1. Ask yourself "why?" on the daily basis. That thing can clarify your life and decisions for you. Notebook is the greatest place to catch some reflections. When I studied philosophy for a law school I even found out that the stoic - Marcus Aurelius was writing about "reflection training", well the manifestation of this is placed in his opus magnum. Anyway, asking yourself "why?" lead you to find answers for your actions. There are many people that just exist and do normal things everyday without feeling of deeper mission. That's how I found out what I really want - by asking myself deeply, really deeply. If you want to dive into this topic, I suggest reading "atomic habits" and listen to Jordan Peterson's podcasts.

2. Set yourself some goals. MJ underlines the importance of goals, because without it you don't know where you are going. You can set it in mind, but writing it down will strengthen your connection between you and your mission. It makes sort of commitment that can turn into reality. What is more, you can set your goals, when you know yourself more. It will also make your connection with mission stronger.

3. Write golden ideas of yours and others on the end pages. Well I go from left to right, when it comes to my feelings and other stuff. But if I read something important, I will immiditaliy turn my notebook over and go from the end to start. This is helpful, because you can always check some important stuff and think about it. For instance, I have some quotes of people that inspire me on the back, but also my researches and golden thoughts. Having it on the two sides in your notebook crates a border that separates rational stuff from the emotional.

I have many more things to share about journaling, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Thanks for sharing your process!

I have started to journal rather recently and am still figuring out the best way.

How much time do you take for journaling? Do you do it at a specific time each day? I am wondering if journaling in the Morning or in the evening is more effective (or maybe Both?).

Trybun

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 24, 2024
Warsaw
Thanks for sharing your process!

I have started to journal rather recently and am still figuring out the best way.

How much time do you take for journaling? Do you do it at a specific time each day? I am wondering if journaling in the Morning or in the evening is more effective (or maybe Both?).
So for a while I tried to make journaling a habit, which for me didn't work. I made sections that I wanted to fill every day (2-3 sentences). It was very overwhelming and made by pressure most of times. I don't think that length would change anything.

That's why I prefer to journal when I feel like it or when I just have to write something down. Thanks to it, I don't feel pushed and my writing is more clearer.

Of course, you can try to do it every evening (I personally do this before sleep most of the times, because it let's me sum up my day), but please don't do this against yourself. I also stopped care about my fint. By trying to be aesthetic, I felt too much perfectionism. Notebook is yours, and not the other way around!

Here are my latest notes (there are in polish, so you won't really understand anything):

BTW: I also recommend Goggins book. He has several suggestions about journaling. They are more for "monk modes", but worth a read. If you want to look deeper, I also suggest to watch Nathaniel Drew. He inspired me to start journaling (It was one year ago and since then I wrote one and a half of notebooks!)

Attachments

• IMG20240626225152.jpg
    IMG20240626225152.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 2

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

This isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. Since 2007, multi-millionaire entrepreneur and best-selling author MJ DeMarco has been a daily, hands-on mentor at the Fastlane Forum, authoring a staggering 38,000 posts filled with invaluable insights, strategies, and advice. When you join Fastlane, you’re not merely becoming a member—you’re entering MJ’s inner circle, a supportive home where you’re never left to navigate alone. Embrace the power of true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs yearly
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Post comments, react, ask questions.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads

$197 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.