The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Good place to start?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
Currently I am in college full time pursing two degrees. One in Finance. I also work part time. I am blessed and grateful to be on a full ride so far. I give thanks to God for this.

I am wanting to create a moving company.

My thought process is as follows.

I know I need to validate this idea first.

So the first question I asked myself is

Question: What does validation look like to me?

Answer: If I can get customers I have validated this idea.

Question: What's the next step in order to achieve that?

Answer: Create a marketing system to see if I can generate leads/customers

Question: What's the next step?

Answer: I need to start by creating a website for potential leads and customers to be directed to.

This is where I'm at.

Question/goal: Can I get a customer?
First Major Obstacle: Create website.

I would like some feedback on my thought process. Mainly, do you guys agree that a website is the first place to start? Or is it a time waster/action fake?

Is there a better/faster way to validate?

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Currently I am in college full time pursing two degrees. One in Finance. I also work part time. I am blessed and grateful to be on a full ride so far. I give thanks to God for this.

I am wanting to create a moving company.

My thought process is as follows.

I know I need to validate this idea first.

So the first question I asked myself is

Question: What does validation look like to me?

Answer: If I can get customers I have validated this idea.

Question: What's the next step in order to achieve that?

Answer: Create a marketing system to see if I can generate leads/customers

Question: What's the next step?

Answer: I need to start by creating a website for potential leads and customers to be directed to.

This is where I'm at.

Question/goal: Can I get a customer?
First Major Obstacle: Create website.

I would like some feedback on my thought process. Mainly, do you guys agree that a website is the first place to start? Or is it a time waster/action fake?

Is there a better/faster way to validate?

Thank you
I like this question as I face it a lot when starting a new endeavor. Where do I start and what will be worth my time? If the website is a part of the finished service or is an outlet of the service then you can definitely start there then do the backend stuff and modeling how to make your service work through a brief charter. Not a business model but just something that outlines operations.

The worst action faking is talking and dreaming about something but never doing anything about it. Or saying that right time is now. As the saying goes, "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is today". You can't get to the finish line if you never choose to race. So go for it, if the business needs a website then start at the website, but know how to divide the work into different aspects that need done like little stairs that lead to the whole staircase.

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jun 15, 2022
If there are other moving companies in your area and they're busy, there's demand. Your first question should be "why would your potential customer choose your company over 1000 other companies".

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.