The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

heavy_industry Q3 health improvement

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 17, 2023
He’s not back yet, he said that he will most likely not post until the start of December.

I don’t think it’s the entrepreneurial part for him that he’s struggling with,

its most likely just his addictions and personal life.

These are questions you should hold onto until after he gets back, until then, im sure it’s going great for him and he will come back victorious!
Got it, for sure! I really hope he gets better in the meantime.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Honestly I get the idea of cuting junk food with lots of sugar. But to leave carbs completely to me makes no sense, like, a potato isn't bad for your body, it's quite filling, nutritious (potassium) and low calorie. The fast-food milkshake with 2000kcal of sugar is the bad thing. Still I wish you success !

Madman1996

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 9, 2017
Netherlands
Failure is failure.

Allowing yourself failure makes these ongoing quarterly "progress threads" monotonous to see.

It has no place on an entrepreneur forum. Just my opinion.

You haven't changed your identity yet. You still see yourself as someone who needs nicotine. Some who thinks cheat days are acceptable.

That's who you are, and these quarterly threads show it.

This does no good.

Because you are only displaying the symptoms and not changing the underlying cause.

This is like a guy who has a rash and writes progress threads about how he scratched less each week. And everyone is like... Ooooo, only two scratches this week. Getting better Heavy.

Nah, bruh. Change like this can happen in an instant. So choose to see yourself different. Define yourself different.

Do better.
This Identity things is so important and so overlooked in daily life when trying to accomplish something Thankyou for posting this

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022
I am back.

The last months have been absolutely insane.

I'll try to keep it short and share my experience, so others might learn both from my mistakes and the solutions I've used.

1. The problem.​

I've left hundreds of unfinished tasks pile up and clutter up my mind, while trying to work on launching 3 different businesses, all while being under severe stress from my inner critic telling me to HURRY UP SUNSHINE, YOU'RE ALMOST 30.

Being the F*cking idiot that I am, I've learned nothing from last year, and I've spiraled into a very dark depression during September - like clockwork, exactly 12 months since the last time it happened. As a result of this, I was unable to get out of bed for a few weeks.

2. The solution.​

Upon realizing that nobody is coming to save me, my brain switched into survival mode, and I've used the following 3 strategies to get back on track and win:

1. "I eat difficulty for breakfast."
This is what I've said earlier in April on the forum. I remember @Private Witt quoting me on it.

We are fastlaners. We do not care how difficult things are. We get to work and we conquer our problems - be they external or internal.

Depression came? Good. Now it's the time to show who you really are.

I've written down on paper "I eat difficulty for breakfast", and this is now one of my core principles in leading my life. Things are going to be hard, life is going to be brutal - for all of us - the only viable strategy is to jump head-first into the pain, fight, and conquer.

2. Deep ketosis and extended fasting
I figured out that by lowering my levels of inflammation, my brain is going to thrive (a theory discussed in the book Brain Energy, by Chris Palmer).

And this is exactly what happened.

I've started doing very frequent 1-2 day fasts. After fasting, I wake up in the morning with a huge smile on my face, and extreme levels of mental clarity, motivation, focus, and hope for the future.

The results have been miraculous. There is simply no other way to describe it. I'm looking forward to maintaining fasting as a long-term strategy in life. Besides the unbelievable cognitive benefits, I've also got very lean and muscular.

3. There are no priorities, there is only one priority
Some of the best life advice I've ever received, which came from @Antifragile.

This idea is discussed in-depth in the book Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin, a book that I've read a few years ago, but I was too stupid to understand this idea - I had to test it on myself and experience the chaos of being overwhelmed by problems.

Prioritize and execute is one of the laws of combat, deadly and effective in war, business, and life.

Our cognitive resources are very limited. The thinner we spread our focus, the less effective we become. Business and life are prone to becoming increasingly more complex. It's very easy to get overwhelmed when bullets are firing from all angles. If you want to stay alive, take a deep breath, analyze the situation, figure out the most important task, destroy it, and then switch to the next task.

Solving problems one by one is the winning tactic. The more you'll be able to get off your plate and focus on a single task, the more effective you'll become.

3. Present day​

I'm currently in the process of launching a new business.

I've worked relentlessly for almost 2 months, and I couldn't be happier. I can feel the spark of entrepreneurship reignite, after many years of idleness. This feeling is otherwordly, I can't describe it in words.

I still vape and consume caffeine - quite heavily. Quitting those habits is no longer a priority at the moment. Especially since I'm on the path to achieving peak health due to my new fasting habits.

I will no longer make health progress threads, since we have more interesting, business-related things to discuss, other than me drinking gallons of coffee. I will post in the health section when I have something useful to say.

Other than that, I am unbelievably happy and grateful to be back on track and back to this amazing community. You have no idea how much I've missed this place.

I would like to wish everyone happy holidays, and an amazing new year in our entrepreneurial pursuits.

Let's work hard, and win.

With love,
heavy_industry

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I am back.

I'll try to keep it short and share my experience, so others might learn both from my mistakes and the solutions I've used.

1. The problem.​

I've left hundreds of unfinished tasks pile up and clutter up my mind, while trying to work on launching 3 different businesses, all while being under severe stress from my inner critic telling me to HURRY UP SUNSHINE, YOU'RE ALMOST 30.

Being the F*cking idiot that I am, I've learned nothing from last year, and I've spiraled into a very dark depression during September - like clockwork, exactly 12 months since the last time it happened. As a result of this, I was unable to get out of bed for a few weeks.

2. The solution.​

Upon realizing that nobody is coming to save me, my brain switched into survival mode, and I've used the following 3 strategies to get back on track and win:

This is what I've said earlier in April on the forum. I remember @Private Witt quoting me on it.

We are fastlaners. We do not care how difficult things are. We get to work and we conquer our problems - be they external or internal.

I've written down on paper "I eat difficulty for breakfast", and this is now one of my core principles in leading my life. Things are going to be hard, life is going to be brutal - for all of us - the only viable strategy is to jump head-first into the pain, fight, and conquer.

I figured out that by lowering my levels of inflammation, my brain is going to thrive (a theory discussed in the book Brain Energy, by Chris Palmer).

I've started doing very frequent 1-2 day fasts. After fasting, I wake up in the morning with a huge smile on my face, and extreme levels of mental clarity, motivation, focus, and hope for the future.

The results have been miraculous. There is simply no other way to describe it. I'm looking forward to maintaining fasting as a long-term strategy in life. Besides the unbelievable cognitive benefits, I've also got very lean and muscular.

This idea is discussed in-depth in the book Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin, a book that I've read a few years ago, but I was too stupid to understand this idea - I had to test it on myself and experience the chaos of being overwhelmed by problems.

Prioritize and execute is one of the laws of combat, deadly and effective in war, business, and life.

Our cognitive resources are very limited. The thinner we spread our focus, the less effective we become. Business and life are prone to becoming increasingly more complex. It's very easy to get overwhelmed when bullets are firing from all angles. If you want to stay alive, take a deep breath, analyze the situation, figure out the most important task, destroy it, and then switch to the next task.

Solving problems one by one is the winning tactic. The more you'll be able to get off your plate and focus on a single task, the more effective you'll become.

3. Present day​

I've worked relentlessly for almost 2 months, and I couldn't be happier. I can feel the spark of entrepreneurship reignite, after many years of idleness. This feeling is otherwordly, I can't describe it in words.

I still vape and consume caffeine - quite heavily. Quitting those habits is no longer a priority at the moment. Especially since I'm on the path to achieving peak health due to my new fasting habits.

I will no longer make health progress threads, since we have more interesting, business-related things to discuss, other than me drinking gallons of coffee. I will post in the health section when I have something useful to say.

Other than that, I am unbelievably happy and grateful to be back on track and back to this amazing community. You have no idea how much I've missed this place.

I would like to wish everyone happy holidays, and an amazing new year in our entrepreneurial pursuits.

With love,
heavy_industry
Yay! Your back!! The minute I saw your post I jumped up:rofl:

Last edited:

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
@heavy_industry welcome back, my friend. A lot has happened since you've been away. What are the goals for the next quarter?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022
@heavy_industry welcome back, my friend. A lot has happened since you've been away. What are the goals for the next quarter?
Launching the new business, which should have happened in Q4 this year.

I've underestimated the complexity and amount of work required. But that's ok - I would rather do it later and properly.

skyflare

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 14, 2023
Hungary
I am back.

1. The problem.​

2. The solution.​

3. Present day​

With love,
heavy_industry
Good to hear you are getting better my man. Seasonal depression also just comes and goes, hopefully by the next september it'll be lighter or it might not come at all! ;)

JJHemingway

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jun 29, 2023
I am back.

1. The problem.​

2. The solution.​

3. Present day​

With love,
heavy_industry
Thank you for sharing with us, man. I definitely felt the same exact thing about keeping one singular priority. Didn’t realize the importance until I got swamped with more tasks than ever.

Quick question, what type of fasting have you been doing? Is it just 1-2 day of no eating and only water?

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
Thanks for sharing @heavy_industry . Always nice to read your posts.

I feel horribly ashamed for failing to kick this habit. But I don't care how many times I fail. I will conquer all of my goals or die trying.

But I will not let this happen. I'm already feeling extreme levels of shame and inadequacy for failing repeatedly for many months. This needs to end.

This is the definition of courage (to me). You have to have huge balls to come here and share your feelings like that, and tough feelings they are.

Thanks for that. Not many men (I would say very few) are able to do this.

My tools for changing behavior:
  • fear of impending doom if I do not stop
  • guilt and shame for continuing on the wrong path
  • positive vision for the future: freedom and improved health
  • identity: seeing myself as a non-smoker / non-vaper

Re stopping nicotine addiction (any other addiction, 'compulsive behaviour', or just behaviour we feel doesn't serve us).

I stopped smoking and looking back it was 'easy'. I didn't use any patches, any books, any 'methods' or 'techniques'.

But I changed a lot (ok, maybe not so easy then). I moved out from my home country. So I changed (almost) my whole environment. So it was a 'by-product' of other actions.

What I would do today and what I recommend. I would go and see a hypnotherapist. Yes.

I have done therapy and am super happy about it, although it wasn't easy, still is not easy at times.

But I learnt how to cope with stress, how to release stored emotions. I also opened myself up and accept that hypnotherapy works, even though I don't know how - there are testimonials, a lot of them, claiming hypnotherapy works. Anyway.

I am recommending hypnotherapy because this is what I would do and will probably do in the future. The caveat is it doesn't work if you don't believe in it though. If I had heard about it before my therapy, the chances are, I wouldn't use it though I could have tried. Hard to guess what ifs.

Two of my friends told me they used some kind of 'fairy' ;) which helped them quit smoking. One of them really saw some kind a lady who performed some type of 'magic'. And he stopped. Then he started again. Then he thought 'ok, I have to stop smoking' but felt so ashamed of the thought of going to the lady again, that he just quit on the spot... :D

This is what I can suggest for changing habits, instead of, or in parallel to what you are doing.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022
Thanks for the insight @Everyman ! I'll give it a try the next time around.

I'm sorry for cluttering the forum with my BS. Quitting nicotine should have been a silent victory.

Thank you for sharing with us, man. I definitely felt the same exact thing about keeping one singular priority. Didn’t realize the importance until I got swamped with more tasks than ever.
Yes, prioritize and execute is a killer tactic. Life will always have the proclivity to get overly complex. Order tends to descend into chaos.

When that happens, specify the most important target and destroy it. And only then move to the next item.

Quick question, what type of fasting have you been doing? Is it just 1-2 day of no eating and only water?
Yes, whenever I feel like I'm having a bad day I stop eating and I go train hard. I'm only drinking water with a little bit of salt and black coffee.

I wake up the next morning happy, angry, and determined to conquer my goals.

I will elaborate on a more disciplined schedule for fasting later on, something like this:
  • 1-2 days every week
  • 7 days every 3 months
  • etc.
Please do your research before attempting any of this, because just like training, ice baths, and saunas, fasting can be dangerous or even life-threatening if not done properly.

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
I am back.

1. The problem.​

2. The solution.​

3. Present day​

With love,
heavy_industry
Thank you for writing this post!

The most important part is that you didn't give up and made it out of the dark cave you were in. Now it's only a matter of time until you climb up to the top of the hill.

It's also important to remember that you are not immune from falling back down, so you have to always stay hard on yourself and keep track of what's happening to you. I would suggest writing down a list of the reasons that made you fall into the dark cave and make sure to keep this list always nearby to do daily check-ins, to make sure that you are not doing anything that's written in there, as well as if you notice that you are starting to pick up any of the old habits/starting to do something from that list, you will be able to identify that quickly and cut those bad habits/actions off at the roots.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
406%
Apr 16, 2019
Quit nicotine cold turkey and don’t look back.

I think I told you something like that a year ago.

Here you are a year later with all the forum updates and patches and methods and you finally have decided to normalize if.

Don’t equate healthy with good and unhealthy with bad and then balance them. Fasting and starting a business is good, so you can afford to vape because it’s bad but it all balances out right?

If you give in to the idea that you can’t change something about yourself, you will always be weak. In mind body and spirit.

If you want to get rid of nicotine and you still consume it, what do you think that does do your psychology? Knowingly harming yourself and feeling incapable of stopping.

Throw the damn thing out. Suffer for a couple of weeks and go on with your life. Quit being such a pussy. It will bleed into every aspect of your life.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I am back.

1. The problem.​

2. The solution.​

3. Present day​

With love,
heavy_industry

Good to have you back around and glad you're making some big strides. How can we help?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022
Good to have you back around and glad you're making some big strides.
Thank you Kyle!
It's great to be back here and I'm ready to work hard.

How can we help?
You've already helped me a ton in the last few months, without even knowing:

KAK Radio Show was blasting at full force every time I was behind the wheel, filling my brain with capitalism and victory.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Good to have you back around and glad you're making some big strides. How can we help?

Former smoker here.

I, like you @heavy_industry, had tried to taper how much I was smoking. And I failed miserably.
Until I committed to stop cold turkey. @BizyDad and many people touched on it a few times on this thread.

I wonder, do you really want to quit?

Are you a smoker who wants to stop because of the nefarious consequences that smoking has on your health? Or do you want to be someone who is not a smoker?

If you are the latter, drop it cold turkey.
Aim for two days. See how it feels.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022
Are you a smoker who wants to stop because of the nefarious consequences that smoking has on your health? Or do you want to be someone who is not a smoker?
I want to become more athletic and I rely heavily on training as my moral support in my entrepreneurial journey.

I am not a smoker, but I do consume nicotine - primarily through vaping. And consuming a vasoconstrictor on a regular basis may not be as dangerous as smoking, but is definitely not coherent with my fitness goals.

I am going to quit. There is no other option. I'm sorry for spamming the forum with my BS. This should have been a swift and silent victory. This thread did not add any value to the forum, and I feel bad for it.

Now I am focusing 100% on launching my new business. This is the current priority. Once I finish this task, I will tackle the rest of the items.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
406%
Apr 16, 2019
I want to become more athletic and I rely heavily on training as my moral support in my entrepreneurial journey.

I am not a smoker, but I do consume nicotine - primarily through vaping. And consuming a vasoconstrictor on a regular basis may not be as dangerous as smoking, but is definitely not coherent with my fitness goals.

I am going to quit. There is no other option. I'm sorry for spamming the forum with my BS. This should have been a swift and silent victory. This thread did not add any value to the forum, and I feel bad for it.

Now I am focusing 100% on launching my new business. This is the current priority. Once I finish this task, I will tackle the rest of the items.

It’s not spam and it’s not bs. Many people suffer from what you’re dealing with. Many others have resolved their issue.

Your story sheds light for others in a similar situation.

You think you’re the only guy that vapes despite not wanting to?

You think I like to go around calling people a pussy because that makes me feel better?

Or is it because I was once in your shoes and overcame my limitations by being brutally honest with myself?

Don’t be sorry for not having quit yet. Be sorry for wanting to hide your failure behind some entrepreneurial success. Like making money will turn you into less of a living contradiction.

This whole thing is a giant mindset trap. That you feel you can’t change, and that you accept that failure is the biggest self deceit.

Nobody on the forum is pissed that you’re posting your nicotine addiction story without success. Except for you. Because it’s easier for you at this stage to shift your focus on starting a business than to address the real thing you started this thread trying to document. The failure to quit nicotine has made you want to cower.

If you want to smoke, smoke. If you don’t want to smoke, dont. But if you don’t want to and you continue to do so, that internal contradiction will affect everything else. You are the average of everything you do. And lying to yourself everyday is a part of that.

And that’s why I say it will turn you into a giant pussy if you don’t address it.

And that’ll be the last post I make on the topic. If this hurts, I’m sorry, it is not my intent. I started smoking nicotine when I was 14 and didn’t quit until I was 29. Most of my friends still struggle with it, and because of their addiction, they’re weak in other aspects of their life. I’m intense on the subject because I know first hand how overcoming this will make you a better person. And I want that for you. I also know that not everyone will be as blunt as me. So I take this damn role to call out your bullshit because other people simply wont. They don’t want to hurt your feelings.

Throw the damn thing in the trash. Sit with yourself and your addiction. Every time you want to vape, sit down on the ground, close your eyes, and confront that desire. You’ll see it’s not very physical, it’s all in your head. It’s your perpetual angst that prevents you from noticing what you’re doing and changing it. It’s the inability to sit for 5 minutes in suffering that prevents you from making a real change.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022
@AceVentures thank you for your in-depth reply. Everything that you've said is true.

Don't worry about hurting my feelings. I am immune to this kind of language since it is very similar to my inner dialog - which also stems from knowing that I can and should do better.

I am in pursuit of truth. If the truth is inconvenient, that's completely irrelevant.

The only thing that I want to touch on is this:
Be sorry for wanting to hide your failure behind some entrepreneurial success. Like making money will turn you into less of a living contradiction.
I have not quit quitting.
I am not lying to myself. I am fully aware of my shortcomings.
I am not hiding behind another goal to try and justify my failure.

Quitting nicotine is already scheduled to happen soon. The only reason why I am not doing it today, right now, is because I need to keep working to finish the current stage of my new business.

And I know what will happen once I stop nicotine: I am going to be bedridden for a few days, and unable to work for 2 weeks, which is something that I cannot afford to do right now. Now I need to work. This is not an excuse, it's the reality of the matter.

Thank you once again for your insight, and for sharing your story.
I wish you a successful new year.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022
Glad to see you here again and glad to see the fire burning in you! Can't wait to see how you manhandle 2024!
Thank you Rev, will do my best! :smile:

Wish you the best of luck in 2024 in your dog ventures!

Actionfaker

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 12, 2020
NL
Great to see you're back! I always love your posts, threads, jokes and motivating writing style.

WHEN are you quitting though? 'Soon' is a non-specified fantasy.. I know you're busy, but I think it would be good to commit to a date asap, and when you do start, it seems clear to me that there's a lot of people here who want to help; even if that has to mean a kick to the butt when you're feeling/acting weak..

Just to be clear, only posting this cause I want to see you win, as do many others here.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022
Great to see you're back! I always love your posts, threads, jokes and motivating writing style.
Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

I'm almost done with work. It should be a few more weeks at most.

I'll post here after I've quit and abstained from nicotine for at least 30 days. Then we can finally close this thread.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 10, 2022
I am back.

1. The problem.​

2. The solution.​

3. Present day​

With love,
heavy_industry
This is complete BS and will not work!

I guarantee you!

The reason?

it is too restrictive!

You need to create SYSTEMS and solve ONE F*cken problem at a time!
And PROGRESSIVELY OVERLOAD the difficulty of what you do!
Hard work goes into creating SYSTEMS that work FOR YOU.
DO NOT embrace David Goggins and Jocko Willck's shit, and most importantly, stop parroting the self-destructive garbage that they put on the web.

If you need help on this stuff I have already fixed all of these.
Depression, Nicotine addiction, Alcohol addiction, and weight loss/ muscle gain (muscle gain on a basic level).
I can tell you what worked for me and what didn't.

And do you know something? Solving these can most of the time take 2-3 years.

Are you willing to persevere?

It is easier than you think. Once the SYSTEM is in place willpower is almost irrelevant.

If yes send me a DM and I can help you do all these in a SUSTAINABLE way for the rest of your life.

Results of course are not a guarantee.

What worked for me might not work for you. But you can always adjust based on who you are.

I am just so tired of this thread and I believe it is doing more harm to you than good.

The reason?

It puts you in a state of action fake and the likes here put you in an echo chamber.

-------------------------

PS: Let the poop emojis roll in

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 13.14.30.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 13.14.30.png
    483.9 KB · Views: 3

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022

I guarantee you!

The reason?

it is too restrictive!

DO NOT embrace David Goggins and Jocko Willck's shit, and most importantly, stop parroting the self-destructive garbage that they put on the web.

Depression, Nicotine addiction, Alcohol addiction, and weight loss/ muscle gain (muscle gain on a basic level).

It is easier than you think. Once the SYSTEM is in place willpower is almost irrelevant.

If yes send me a DM and I can help you do all these in a SUSTAINABLE way for the rest of your life.

What worked for me might not work for you. But you can always adjust based on who you are.

I am just so tired of this thread and I believe it is doing more harm to you than good.

The reason?

It puts you in a state of action fake and the likes here put you in an echo chamber.

Go back to reddit.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

I guarantee you!

The reason?

it is too restrictive!

The reason?

Truth hurts. So does growth. Too bad. Have an amazing 2024. I hope you reach your goals!

Your way is not the only way. You act like no one ever quit cold, turkey or just based off of willpower.

I did.

Didn't take me two or three years. Didn't take systems or processes. It took an FTE moment that made me decide once and for all I'm done. I was a pack a day smoker.

Here's what is funny to me about your message. You guarantee him his way won't work.

But you won't guarantee that yours will.

So you take a hard line against his point, but you are weak on your own point.

You can only say what worked for you. But you're talking like an expert.

Lol.

The double standard is ridiculous. So is the ego that says that you know how to tell people how they should be living their lives. That your way is the only way. You are better than Jocko or Goggins.

Okay...

You know what's destructive? Close-mindedness. Yours is not the only way.

I also am not a fan of this thread, anyone can read my previous comments, but I don't see how you made it any better.

By the way, if we're going to talk about growth, how's your business going Panos?

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
@heavy_industry There's something that really helped me in my health journey, and it might help you too.

It might sound simplistic, and it is.

Read books on health.

Lifespan by David Sinclair, Outlive by Peter Attia, Longevity Diet by Valter Longo, Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker, Fat Loss Forever by Layne Norton.

Now why does it help?

1: You become what you read. You need to feed your brain what you want your health to become.
2: In those books, you get face to face with your mortality. Some of them are difficult to read, because you see how fragile life is.

I have a friend in the ICU right now, and just two weeks ago we were spending the weekend in a cottage with his family. He's in a induced coma in the ICU right now, with a burst appendix and an unknown bacteria that is growing in his lungs.

It's unfortunate that sometimes we have to get face-to-face with death to contemplate our own fragility, but being in touch with those books is a way to emulate that without having to wait for something tragic to happen.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

I guarantee you!

The reason?

it is too restrictive!

The reason?

Pushing yourself into uncomfortable situations is the only way to grow.

Our bodies show this: our muscles must be put into discomfort before they repair and grow.

When put into cold temperatures, our body releases a new type of protein that’s specially made for that.

We must face uncomfortable consequences to learn from our mistakes.

@heavy_industry has learnt that. I can sense that he will be stronger and grow this year.

He already has.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022
Thanks guys.

In case you missed it, that guy's post was a failed attempt at humor - in line with the rest of his low-value posts and socialist propaganda.

I didn't reply because feeding the trolls is rarely useful, and I am getting tired of the drama generated by this thread. It went off the rails and is now polluting the forum with spam. I take full responsibility for this.

I've already said what I am planning to do, and I will report back here when I will have some good news (i.e. when I F*cking quit nicotine), and we then can finally put this thread to rest.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I really appreciate it.
I am not going to post anymore on this topic until the mission is completed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.