The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Imminent Threat Survival

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
This thing today reminds me of the UVA incident. You would think that a college campus, being full of 19/20 yr old men would be the most dangerous place on earth to try and pull something like this - as opposed to Newtown or an old folks home. What the thread seems to be ignoring in talking about what the group in the restroom should do is this situation becomes a prisoner's dilemma. Nobody wants to risk getting it, so everybody gets it.

First step is learning to think of yourself as the only guy in the corner. Nothing's gonna happen if you don't do it. It's essentially like both the fastlane and rest of life.

EDIT: I'm not entirely sure I should be pontificating on what people getting shot at "should" do, given I've never been shot at. I was present during a shooting once, and I couldn't GTFO fast enough. I got in my car and drove it out of a car wash still soapy.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
@Scot Agreed, which is why the one time I was remotely close to a shooting, I got behind my car, waited for the shots to stop (turned out they weren't done, he must have been reloading), and drove away. I drove that Mercury Grand Marquis like Vin Diesel, dude.

Weirdest thing is, while I was behind my car, there were people walking TOWARD the shooting, craning their necks to try to see what was happening. A couple of people, of course, had their phones out, presumably filming, which I think @MJ DeMarco referenced above.

After getting over the initial rush. I had a nice quiet moment of Belgian beer and contemplating how our species has survived this long.

Wow. That, that just hurts my brain.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
The biggest killers in life or death situations are one of 2 things or both. The first is lacking situational awareness for instance if I'm in a restaurant or anywhere with large public groups I try to sit with my back against a wall with a clear view of an exit.

Shit; what are you; a Mafia boss or something?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This thing today reminds me of the UVA incident. You would think that a college campus, being full of 19/20 yr old men would be the most dangerous place on earth to try and pull something like this - as opposed to Newtown or an old folks home. What the thread seems to be ignoring in talking about what the group in the restroom should do is this situation becomes a prisoner's dilemma. Nobody wants to risk getting it, so everybody gets it.

First step is learning to think of yourself as the only guy in the corner. Nothing's gonna happen if you don't do it. It's essentially like both the fastlane and rest of life.

EDIT: I'm not entirely sure I should be pontificating on what people getting shot at "should" do, given I've never been shot at. I was present during a shooting once, and I couldn't GTFO fast enough. I got in my car and drove it out of a car wash still soapy.

Man, that's deep!
Thank goodness you had the guts to GTFO anyway. I might have been scared stiff! My country outlaws guns, thus shootings are a rarity, but there's lots of snatch theft in the urban areas :(

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
At this height of criminal, let alone terrorist outbreak, I wonder if a fastlane need exists here, untouched by corporate bureaucracy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Trust me, in the USA, it's covered. The veteran community pops out a new defense company every week. Body armor, home defense, personal defense, concealed carry accessories, weapon modifications, classes, training, you name it.

In your country, it may be a fully untapped market. Even though guns are banned, things like Krav Maga are excellent self defense classes, teach the ALICE method for surviving active shooter scenarios, provide home security, etc

Security companies are making quite the buck already! Housing estates all over my country are gated and guarded. Looks like Stalag prison at times! :)
Alarms are quite the staple even for the lower-income people/

however, whole communities are trying not to throw money. Instead, there are voluntary security organizations offering their time to clear up crime. But then again the results are half-baked.

I am not gaming towards the security niche, but I'll look into this. Thanks!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hah, it's like the first movie in the Purge series, huh?

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Please keep responses to strategy and strategic information.

the lesson i learned surfing on the web is this :

people have to understand things by themselves. we can't do that for them

we see things our own way and there are things that we don't understand and others do and vice versa.

Dale Carnegie said in "how to win friends and influence people" that people may be wrong but they really don't believe that they are wrong.

so i won't give advice to anyone about the future or any strategy because :

1) maybe i am right and nobody will believe me or they will think that the idea was theirs in the first place anyway (this is human nature )

2) maybe i am wrong without knowing it and therefore people shouldn't listen to me for their best interest.

in either case, i have nothing to gain and people neither

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I remember progress thread somewhere here about some Fastlaner procurring deals for non-lethal weapons. He or she might have a breakthrough coming in at this event....
Non-lethals should solve defense and lower the cost of violence.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
After going through this thread yesterday, I realized that I live in a densely populated area in a red state and still have to drive over 20 minutes to get to the nearest pistol range. Opportunity? Gonna see if I can find out why. So far, the answers have been along the lines of conspiracy theories about the owners of the ranges in Frisco and Plano making it hard for people to get permits. I don't believe conspiracy theories. It's probably just that you can't afford the insurance premiums or something more mundane.

The truth is that conspiracy theories are mostly made up by Sidewalkers and even Slowlaners to blame someone (i.e the government or aliens:blackalien:) for matters that they refuse to take control of

redsfaithful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Jul 2, 2014
Bexley, OH
even more so with more publicized debacles like Ohio State.

What on earth was a debacle about it? The guy was shot and killed something like under two minutes after the attack began. A fire alarm had been pulled a few minutes before the attack and there were police already there.

I'm not interested in getting into the gun control debate at all but none of the victims died and the police officer was able to put down the threat without having to worry about being shot at. Thank god all the guy had was a knife. And thank god the fire alarm at Watts Hall was going off, I'm not clear if that was related somehow, but it was seriously lucky.

If there's a takeaway here relevant to the thread it's to be a little wary following an accident involving a car and group of pedestrians. People thought it was an accident and were checking on others, etc. until he got out of the car and started waving the knife around.

Schwartz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 22, 2016
United States
And the Indian population in Dakota I guess???
Feel free to remove if inappropriate
I doubt anyone here believes their own government isn't capable of or participating in atrocities. History always repeats itself for those who ignore it. Or I guess I should say nobody here SHOULD believe it's not possible.

Last edited:

Michael Moore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Apr 6, 2014
Athy, County Kildare, Ireland
I doubt anyone here believes their own government isn't capable of or participating in atrocities. History always repeats itself for those who ignore it. Or I guess I should say nobody here SHOULD believe it's not possible.
From over here in little old Ireland my observation of that particular incident is one of off duty officers being privately paid by ur incumbent pres's best buddies the Koch brothers , similar to the wall street sit in where the forces in white were off duty paid enforces , the white shirts symbolized that.
As for over here regarding threats , one is on ones own unfortunately , the crim has to be caught in the act to prove them a crim , they have more protection than the victim , the people have been slowly completely alienated from having any real voice.

redsfaithful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Jul 2, 2014
Bexley, OH
In wake of the attack, Ohio legislators are considering a bill to allow people with concealed-carry licenses to bring guns on campuses. Vote coming as soon as Wed. Google it. Have a nice day. :)

This was already happening, has nothing to do with attack.

minirich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 4, 2016
Austria
I kind of think if you're going to malls the day after Christmas or partying in Turkish night clubs, you might need to re-evaluate a lot of life choices,
People in turkey do not celebrate Christmas in the way Christians do. They see it as part of the the end of the year celebrations.
A friend of mine is from turkey and for her it is/was a tradition to party on 25th in this particular club. This year she, fortunately, could not fly to turkey, she was upset and shocked because she could have been one of the victims.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
yes numerology will tell you that these things happen on specific numbers. there are patterns

9, 11, 15, 22 and so on

i am not here to get people's approval. just check dates in history books

as well as what happened since 9 /11
Happened 4 years to the day of the Lee Rigby murder in London.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
you can predict the nexts events :

look for odd number and prime number

1, 3, 5, 7 and multiple of seven , 9, 11 and multiple of 11 like 22, 13,15, 23 , 27

you get the idea: you will NEVER see a major event on something like 4 or 12 or 24 . never. remember my words

so when the next major event happens, i demand that people here quote my reply so we can see who is right because i am writing this on may the 23 rd of 2017.

so i can't cheat : all is written here.

i promise you, there will be next events on date with numbers i just told you , this very year

because of rule number 1 of the 36 chinese strategies : hide in the open

wich means ,all is there before your eyes but you can't see because of ignorance

and you won't believe it if told the truth.

so please quote what i said on the next event.

Last edited:

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland

1, 3, 5, 7 and multiple of seven , 9, 11 and multiple of 11 like 22, 13,15, 23 , 27

you get the idea: you will NEVER see a major event on something like 4 or 12 or 24 . never. remember my words

so when the next major event happens, i demand that people here quote my reply so we can see who is right because i am writing this on may the 23 rd of 2017.

i promise you, there will be next events on date with number i just told you , this very year

wich means ,all is there before your eyes but you can't see because of ignorance

so be sure to quote what i said on the next event.

This sort of stuff is up there with some of the most bizarre conspiracy theories. Is it not obvious why these events tend to happen on similar dates? The terrorists plan them on days that previous attacks have happened as a way of 'honoring' their so called 'heroes'. That is probably why the attack took place yesterday seeing as it was 4 years from the Lee Rigby (solider) murder. I'm still sick in my stomach all day looking at the images and stories coming up on the news and social media. I don't think any of this has anything to do with some chinese strategies..?

Edit: If anyone wants to take some real action to help those affected there is a crowdfunding campaign set up to support the families of those affected.
Help raise £300000 to support families of those killed and injured in the Manchester Arena attack

Last edited:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
i was expecting something bad coming because 2 is a prime number as i warned here on this topic . and this month is an important one for the future .

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Sorry for what happened in Las Vegas, i heard the news..and @MJ DeMarco, i saw the videos and you clearly see people thinking that it's part of the festival (fireworks) but....I don't even know how an armed man can get into an hotel..even more with this one.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

What not to do in a active shooter situation. Watch the last 20 seconds.
It's tough to hear... did he tell the cop to give him his gun?

All I heard was "get the F*ck away from me."

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I keep asking myself over and over again, "why do people do this?" What a terrible thing.

do you think you can do this thing without a mastermind behind you ?

like 80 % of people you will say " of course", the guy was isolated, no conspiracy, no nothing

that's why your civilisation won't survive past this century.

your country will be diluted and destroyed in the new world order as predicted by president Bush

because you are at war with very very smart guy with agendas

and you are totaly Fu**** clueless.

i hate stupidity so i don't know who deserves to win this war. i am neutral here.

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
Watching some videos from peoples phones closer to the front of the crowd it was amazing how many people were standing after it was obvious it wasnt fireworks or something like that. Either on their phones or so drunk they didnt know where they were. On one hand its really sad you cant go to a concert and be care free and have fun. But you really have to be more aware of your surroundings when its clear gun fire has been going off for minutes.

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area

i promise you, there will be next events on date with numbers i just told you , this very year

so please quote what i said on the next event.

IDK on July 24, 1487 Citizens of Leeuwarden, Netherlands, rebelled against the ban on foreign beer. On the same day in 1132 Battle of Norcera between Ranulf II of Alife and Roger II of Sicily happened. On January 24th, 1848 James W. Marshall discovered a gold nugget at Sutter's Mill in California that led to the entire landscape change of the Western US and also politics in the civil war. On January 12, 2010 160,000 people died in the Haiti earthquake. May 12,2008 87k died in the Sichuan earthquake. Another earthquake in Tabriz killed 50k on November 4,1042. On October 24, 19002 a volcano killed 6k in Guatemala. Something happens nearly everyday on this map: Annual Terrorist Attacks

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
IDK on July 24, 1487 Citizens of Leeuwarden, Netherlands, rebelled against the ban on foreign beer. On the same day in 1132 Battle of Norcera between Ranulf II of Alife and Roger II of Sicily happened. On January 24th, 1848 James W. Marshall discovered a gold nugget at Sutter's Mill in California that led to the entire landscape change of the Western US and also politics in the civil war. On January 12, 2010 160,000 people died in the Haiti earthquake. May 12,2008 87k died in the Sichuan earthquake. Another earthquake in Tabriz killed 50k on November 4,1042. On October 24, 19002 a volcano killed 6k in Guatemala. Something happens nearly everyday on this map: Annual Terrorist Attacks

663114D9-1F5B-4D06-A545-243E088EA061.jpeg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.