The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction and blocking thoughts (small children and living in Europe)

Sofiawicz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Nov 25, 2023
Dear all,

I am opening this thread to 1) introduce myself and 2) share two blocking thoughts, mainly to know if there are people that thought the same and were proven wrong or simply experienced life differently in similar situations.

1. Intro
I am 33 years old, living in Switzerland, doing well on the Slowlane but feeling there is more to life.

I had my first FTE (yes I feel people telling me already that it therefore wasn’t one, so let’s call it an “awakening moment”) when my first daughter was born, three years ago. I enjoyed life so much during my maternity leave and it felt so wrong to go back to work for 10 hours a day, sitting at a desk in front of a computer, knowing that I could be experiencing so much more if going outside into the ‘real’ world. Do not get me wrong, I loved being with my daughter but it was never an option for me to stay at home. I wanted to work, I just realised this work was not the right one for me.

I started a coaching programme, I wanted to move jobs, looked at opportunities, talked to people, learned new skills on Udemy and other platforms and yet, my issue was: no other job was exciting to me, I felt something was wrong with me. I did not really change anything though, using the ‘someday’ excuse: when I would have my second child, I would finally move away from this situation.

Little did I know that having a second child was not an easy thing for us, we lost a few but … fast forward three years, our second daughter was born in October 2023. My second FTE moment. Also triggered by the fact that during these 2.5 years I outperformed at work, bringing millions to my company, but getting nothing in return because the company was not doing well in general, because of people that did not care. People got fired, it was really bad.

I then read a review of the Millionaire Fastlane . Since I was waiting to deliver my baby and had some free time, I began to read it. It made total sense to me, and I read unscripted directly afterwards. I am now listening to the great rat race escape .

Blocking thoughts
  • Forget about starting a business when having two small children (in my case 0 and 3 years old)

I found a few threads talking about how to bring the FL mentality to children, how to educate them. I have not yet found a thread about handling small children during a FL transition. Of course my baby is 2 months old so I am in the intense phase but really, I cannot imagine where to find the energy to start something at the moment. I know, it might be an excuse. But talking only about time: HOW is it supposed to work and WHEN should I be even working on it ? I am breastfeeding, waking up at night, …

Has anyone gone through such a situation ? and how did you handle it ? looking backwards, would you have done something different ?
  • “This only works in the US, where the market is large enough”
Yes, I am almost a little ashamed of that one but since starting the books a little voice inside my head is telling me that this scheme only works in the US, where the market is huge (same language, culture, system, etc). Europe is so fragmented and not even talking about Switzerland, a little country of 8 million people and four different languages.

I have seen some threads about people (or in the process of) going Fastlane in Europe, but very few. Anyone out there ? How did you handle the market fragmentation ?

In any case, I am in the process of starting a little e-commerce business, not to go Fastlane rather to learn about how that works, what could work, etc. Very slowly, as pointed out in one above...

Have a great day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...