The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is price a good value skew when selling to businesses?

mav55339

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jun 2, 2023
I have decided to pay a legit developer on Upwork to create some chrome extensions for me. They will be exact versions of popular and successful extensions that already exist. It will be business automation and product search type of extensions. A lot of these extensions cost anywhere from 50 dollars up to 2k per month.

Considering businesses will most likely go to a cheaper extension with the exact same features, can price alone be a good value skew? I believe chrome extensions have a very low overhead so I could charge 30 to 50 percent less for these compared to the original extensions.

Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
You could, but it won’t be sustainable. Think about it; what stops the next person from doing the same and out-pricing you? All the way to the bottom? You’re going to have developed the extensions for nothing if that happens.

I’d see if I can improve upon them, if anything.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Pricing is only a good value skew if you have an un-copyable reason for why you are able to offer that price.

One example: Vertical integration. Instead of buying from a factory, you own the factory, the container ship, and the direct to customer business. You can make great product for lower than everyone else because of it, and no competitor can touch you.

Aventon e-bikes does this. Insanely good quality for the price. Best value in the category, and they will soon be the category leader (if they aren't already).

With software... Yikes. Where's the moat? You might make a quick buck but then race yourself to the bottom.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.