The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Limitless

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I was going through webinars and saw this really interesting tidbit... Putting the Paypal interest free financing in the sales copy. Watched a few webinars recently. Thanks for the input!
View attachment 9749
Sounds good in theory, but for me it sucked. I used PayPal's german service called BillSafe, which is kinda similar and lets customers pay via invoice and PayPal handles the risk of them not paying. Almost none of my customers got through the risk checks, due to all kinds of issues not even related to their credit risk (like wrong address format etc) and it annoyed the F*ck out of them and me. So I tossed it out again as a payment option. Sales and conversion rate went up and I got paid faster.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
What's up Andrew!

This is awesome. I will be following your progress!

I'm in the exact phase as you are right now: I have the product ready, sales letters ready, email sequences, landing pages, opt in reports and all.

Just got my FB ad account banned..

Now focusing on building the email list so I can start selling the thing (30 people so far double opted) I'm in the Fitness niche BTW.

Would you like to start a PM discussion? it would be awesome to exchange ideas as we both progress on our journeys...I'm sure we could help each other and hold each other accountable.

Whad'ya think?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Sounds good in theory, but for me it sucked. I used PayPal's german service called BillSafe, which is kinda similar and lets customers pay via invoice and PayPal handles the risk of them not paying. Almost none of my customers got through the risk checks, due to all kinds of issues not even related to their credit risk (like wrong address format etc) and it annoyed the F*ck out of them and me. So I tossed it out again as a payment option. Sales and conversion rate went up and I got paid faster.
Thanks for the feedback!

My product will be priced at $995.

For my product launch/webinar, I'm going to offer the following options:
$495 ($500 off normal price) for paying in full,
or $47 for a 3 day trial that turns into $297 per month for 3 months to get more people to come in a lower price point.

I was going to offer the $0 paypal financing, but based on your experience, you think it doesnt work well. I still want to test it at some point, so maybe through an email follow up instead of during my live webinar :-\

I'm not sure if you did a product launch webinar for your marketing, or another strategy.

Thanks again for the info.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
What's up Andrew!

This is awesome. I will be following your progress!

I'm in the exact phase as you are right now: I have the product ready, sales letters ready, email sequences, landing pages, opt in reports and all.

Just got my FB ad account banned..

Now focusing on building the email list so I can start selling the thing (30 people so far double opted) I'm in the Fitness niche BTW.

Would you like to start a PM discussion? it would be awesome to exchange ideas as we both progress on our journeys...I'm sure we could help each other and hold each other accountable.

Whad'ya think?
Sounds good!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Lesson learned: Contacted my merchant account company last week because I originally had a low limit on my monthly transactions and a 'high ticket item' limit. Since creating a more advanced course which I feel offers the value to have a higher price, I will have to increase my maximum ticket item as well as my monthly limit. This process takes a few days and needs to be approved, so for anybody launching a webinar or product launch, make sure to do this well in advanced.

Warn your merchant account (powerpay), payment gateway (authorize.net), and shopping cart software (ultracart) companies about this so their fraud filters don't shut you down right when people try to make sales.

I also contacted paypal and setup a separate membership software funnel with their payment processing in the event I run into issues with my primary one.

They go into a lot of detail when making the change, and have to approve it:

How long is the launch / event and when does it start?

What is being offered?

What kind of volume should we expect to see?

What kind of price points should we be looking for and what is your refund policy?

How are you fulfilling the services/products for this launch?

How are you marketing this? Email list? Affiliates?

Is there a website we can visit to see the product launch?

What is the best phone number / email address to reach you at?

-Please also provide the past 3 months bank statements associated with all accounts

-Please also include a copy of the invoices/contracts for the product/service offered

*Please note that once all documentation and information has been received, an analyst will review and reach out within 24-48 hours.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
This is ridiculous. Answering these questions will take you longer than organizing this event lol. Dealing with these stupid regulations (I bet it's the courtesy of the various government agencies) is a HUGE pain point for online entrepreneurs. Hopefully someone will come with a solution soon (how about a friendly payment processor that doesn't immediately consider you a fraudster?).

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
How about...
  • I help entrepreneurs grow.
  • I help entrepreneurs go past their limitations.
  • I help entrepreneurs perform at the highest level.
  • I help entrepreneurs reach the next level.
You don't need specifics like "overcome procrastination and get motivated to take action." There are more aspects of what you do, and a general term explains your holistic approach better.

Have to disagree.. Your suggestions are way too fluffy and broad. Procrastination is a specific thing so it's way better than 'grow' etc.

Do agree on observation about 'Startup' word, it is a repellant word for some who consider themselves 'bootstrappers' or 'location independent' etc. Maybe solopreneurs would be better..

One thing about this product is.. that buying this is kind of admitting you're failing and that might be a bit of an emotional hurdle that prevents sales. I would consider adding something to counteract that.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
This is ridiculous. Answering these questions will take you longer than organizing this event lol. Dealing with these stupid regulations (I bet it's the courtesy of the various government agencies) is a HUGE pain point for online entrepreneurs. Hopefully someone will come with a solution soon (how about a friendly payment processor that doesn't immediately consider you a fraudster?).
The solution is employees lol.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
One thing about this product is.. that buying this is kind of admitting you're failing and that might be a bit of an emotional hurdle that prevents sales. I would consider adding something to counteract that.
Great point..people hate to admit they are 'wrong'.

"It's for your future" - vague like "just do it" from nike

"Accelerate your success"

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Gives you that sexy mysterious look haha.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Great point..people hate to admit they are 'wrong'.

"It's for your future" - vague like "just do it" from nike

"Accelerate your success"

Yeah, it's a fine line and probably will need some good testing to find the right mix. I'd read up on Amazon.com reviews for Productivity/Procrastination books and Dan Kennedy's copy for his related product (I think he has something related, Time Management book for sure).

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Digging deeper into paid advertising...

People want the magic pill.

The formula handed to them to make a million dollars, the pill to lose 50 pounds overnight with no work, the secret opener to score the perfect 10.

What am I selling? The truth. A mindset training course that will give people everything they ever want in life...but they will have to put in the work. Starting to learn that this isn't what works with my marketing message....

Meanwhile people selling 'the dream' are making a killing.

Moral debate: Sell the quick fix dream, but then deliver them what they need?

</rant>

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
Digging deeper into paid advertising...

People want the magic pill.

The formula handed to them to make a million dollars, the pill to lose 50 pounds overnight with no work, the secret opener to score the perfect 10.

What am I selling? The truth. A mindset training course that will give people everything they ever want in life...but they will have to put in the work. Starting to learn that this isn't what works with my marketing message....

</rant>
How many people are you going to help if no one takes action on your marketing message and learns what you are teaching?

You need to convince your customer that purchasing your training is itself the "quick fix" - that after paying and watching the very first video they'll be able to do (fill in the blank). Craft your message about what a student will be able to do after just the first video-then wow them with everything else they will learn later.

A crude example might be an EMT course- "Pay now, and after our first lesson you'll be able to save a choking baby in a restaurant that very night. By the end of the course, you'll have what it takes to bring a man back from the dead, manage a multivehicle accident, and deliver a life into this world."

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"Sell people what they want, then give them what they need."

Can't remember where I heard that. I'm not entirely convinced, but it might help you.

What actually is the magic pill that is selling so well in your space?

What percentage of people finish courses online?

Of those that finish them, what percentage then take action?

Of those that take action, what percentage then get good results?

I'm sure they're depressing stats for someone who's passionate about helping people.

How do you get more people to take action and get the results?

How do you keep on trucking when the numbers are lower than you'd like to see?

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Agreeing with what the guys above said. I think the key to help more people taking action is simply selling to more people. Why do the big self-help gurus (not saying you are one) have hundreds or thousands of success stories? Because they sold their products to millions of people. Even if someone doesn't take immediate action your product still might contribute to smaller, subtle changes over time.

Imagine you're going into a McDonald's to order a cheeseburger and the guy at the counter goes like: "Uhm, Sir...you sure you don't want to order a salad instead?" You'd be like "WTF man, gimme dat burger!!!" Next time you're going out for dinner, you might decide on a nice, average restaurant order some steak and wine and they'll get you exactly that. Now you've really grown to like eating at restaurants and you treat yourself to a fantastic dinner at 3 star Michelin certified restaurant where they serve all the fancy shit.

You're the owner of all these 3 restaurants. What would you do? You'd try to serve as many people as possible with a high-value product giving them exactly what they want. If they want something fancier, guess what? You serve that as well, but don't expect the masses to be flocking to the 3 star restaurant.

Or look at this forum. How many people are registering? Want valuations on businesses that don't even exist and then leave after a week? Sure, it sucks, but what matters the most at the end of the day is that you're making an impact.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly

I have been running display ads lately. So I have been studying a lot of the competition. To put things into perspective for you:

Web.com's display ads have three main offers. They are a free domain name, a free website, or an offer to build a website fast. They are selling the dream to anybody who wants/needs a website.

Click their banner ad and you get hit with a simple landing page in the standard z landing page format (I suggest looking that up if you don't know what it is is, and follow it.).

- Headline - CTA
- Image - 3 bullet points
- Lead capture or some button to continue forward

and of course, the lead is completely locked into the page with nowhere to go.

Do you really get a free domain name? Yes, only if you pay for x amount of months worth of hosting...

I'm seeing this same trend for paid offers all around the web. Get a free app (who the hell can really give that away?), Get free advice on how to lose weight, get a free credit report survey so you can find out if you're qualified to save your credit..the list goes on.

If web.com changes their offer to get a domain name for $9.99 then I bet their traffic dies.

I started following this same logic and it's working for me.

So my point is, I think that you're going to have to do whatever you can do to get the lead. Then sell them what you think is best for them. That's just my opinion though.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
You're the owner of all these 3 restaurants. What would you do? You'd try to serve as many people as possible with a high-value product giving them exactly what they want. If they want something fancier, guess what? You serve that as well, but don't expect the masses to be flocking to the 3 star restaurant.

He could always try both:

One version of my product goes all of the way up to $10,000

The other starts at $19 with a crazy backend so I can try getting volume.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
I think free is 100% the way nowadays, it could be blog, videos, first few chapters of the book, first hour of the course of whatever.

Without free they are going to somewhere that does free, they see the quality and see that they like I and a % of ppl will pay.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
I think free is 100% the way nowadays, it could be blog, videos, first few chapters of the book, first hour of the course of whatever.

Without free they are going to somewhere that does free, they see the quality and see that they like I and a % of ppl will pay.
I think this is the approach a lot of course marketers use these days - free webinar/video series, followed by email marketing your list to purchase an exclusive mastermind, accountability group or premium content.

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
Also, out of 42 email opt ins for my lead gen form, only 25 double opted in. (anyone good with email marketing know if that's average?).
problem w/Lead Pages is that their analytics are kind of crappy. i'd suggest picking a page you like and have someone code it for you in html and then put it on your WP site w/analytics (clicky or google).

maybe first do some a/b testing w/their lp's and then pick one. i have someone who will do the html well and inexpensively.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Thanks for the offer! I have custom analytics for the same reason you mentioned :)

And thanks everyone else for the feedback! Definitely putting it to use

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
So all the video ads I ran that had emotional music in the background, so I decided to make a quick motivational video with emotional music to help others realize that they are limitless.... That quick video had me working nonstop for 12 hours before I realize I lost track of time...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Update - People are signing up even when I don't have any live marketing campaigns :) Amazing feeling!

Not sure if it's from the youtube videos I put out there. From my signature on this forum. From my articles, facebook posts, referrals from current members, etc.

I was watching a youtube video the other day from another self development company that is very successful. His strategy is to give 100x more value up front for free (Via articles, free seminars, youtube videos, etc.) without expecting anything in return.

So based on that, I Switched up my homepage not trying to sell people (because most of them don't know me of the value I can offer...yet). And the main call to action is a free training course that answers the top 2 questions of my market:

1-How to find the path to your goals
2-How to take more action.

Creating a 30 day email training course offering as much value up front as possible, with the last week of the course introducing some of the advanced concepts from my mindset training course.

Been also recording youtube videos for free with other fastlaners who live in Scottsdale.
-Using Veeroll.com for my paid traffic on youtube, but they have a keyword tool inside of there so I can figure out the volume for popular keywords.
-Using those keywords in my description and tags on my youtube video.
-Right now, that's all i'm doing to rank the videos, but will contact popular blogs and send them videos to post on there if it relates to their audience.

Once this email autoresponder free course is up and complete, the only thing I have left to do for this movement is providing value.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
P.S. - Just like in that last video, we met some girls on the top of the hiking trail in Sedona...I began noticing that no matter what journey people are on, they are going through the same struggles (not knowing where to start, fear, not knowing if it will pay off, etc.).

Some of the best content I come up with - is helping others.

Take a look at the 2 videos I posted above, and if you want to share your story, your struggles, your goals, and what you're doing to push through them (on video) - I'd love to follow more people on their journey to success and work your struggles into my videos.

If it fits well, I'll be glad to pay a small amount in return for the help :)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Another tough day in the office....

Do you want to succeed, or are you too busy trying to not fail?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Limitless Academy - the website that shows you how to cure procrastination and rewire your brain for success, with a hint of.... casual dating site promotion??????

lmao - this came out of literally nowhere after running zero ads that have anything to do with dating.

upload_2015-6-19_17-23-2.png

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Last edited by a moderator:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
@theag, that's exactly what I meant by Facebook banning people for nothing.

@AndrewNC - that sucks. Consider Google AdWords. They aren't that crazy.
The casual dating thing is pretty weird but if he promoted the thin lead gen page from his signature (http://limitless.academy/academy-training/register.html) then thats probably the reason for the ban. LP isnt clear on what exactly is offered (I dont get it), which is probably also the reason for sub-optimal results mentioned in this thread btw. FB doesnt like this stuff. So its not nothing, as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Jesus folks.. stop pushing Landing pages as first thing to advertise on FB.. run article ads first or general 'visit website' or 'Like Page' ads (brand building), build up Custom Audiences then run sign up stuff to them. Also make landing page look like normal website too, not average LPs..

Think of FB ads as funnel, not one-off advertising. Sequences are needed now.

Once you build up Fb ads account time with normal ads, maybe then your LPs wont get banned. I've used FB ads for more than a year, never got banned even tho I have promoted LP etc.

So it's more work for sure, and that is not ideal, but that's how it is.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.