The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Limitless

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
lmao - this came out of literally nowhere after running zero ads that have anything to do with dating.

This happened to me probably 4-5 times. Email Facebook 3-4 times a day until it gets resolved. Their customer service is atrocious, but you should be able to get your account back.

If you try to use the same credit cards with another account, they'll catch you and probably permanently ban you.

I had to HOUND facebook several times a day until they reactivated my account.

Delete any questionable ads if you have any.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
There are two types of people in this world.
1. People who let obstacles stop them and who wait for opportunities to come to them.
2. People who are resourceful and improvise along their journey and do anything and everything to push forward.

Since Facebook is still reviewing my appeal to get my account back, I decided to build some brand awareness on.....

Tinder!

Tinder Marketing
I met this girl on Tinder today....

IMG_9349.PNG

Sometimes I wonder why I'm single....Times like these make me realize why :D

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
When is it time to modify your product?
LOVE getting positive feedback for my products, and it feels even better when people suggest it to a friend (this is from my free course survey on why they signed up).

from friend.PNG

When I started making the first few sales for my course, I got a few people saying that the content is great, but they would like a follow-along format and a more thorough guide of the main takeaways from each video.

I took their feedback and put it on my 'to do later' list.

But when I keep hearing patterns of the same feedback, that is when I knew it was time to change/update based on customer feedback.

I wanted to avoid doing a lot of work for a 'one off complaint' using reddit your youtube comment trolls as the perfect example of people to avoid... but when a lot of customers ask for the same thing, it's time to deliver

Started updating the course with a more organized format, and creating a PDF follow along guide with it.

2.PNG

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Website just got hacked.

I have multiple websites (most of them not used anymore) on the same server as my website. Wordpress was not up to date and the hack came though there on one of my old domains.

Note for anybody - Keep wordpress up to date :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Keep wordpress up to date

How old was your version? Sorry to hear this! And what software you using for your academy? (Sorry if this is posted somewhere in the thread)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
How old was your version? Sorry to hear this! And what software you using for your academy? (Sorry if this is posted somewhere in the thread)

The membership software I use is http://www.amember.com/ (not wordpress). I just use wordpress for my blog. I know the oldest site's WP was at least a year old. In the process of deleting my old sites now.

My hosting company took care of the issue in time and everything is back to normal. I use an off site storage backup just in case - $10 per month :).

upload_2015-7-8_18-3-42.png

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
(another) six months in Scottsdale

I notice that more and more of us are moving to Scottsdale, along with other entrepreneurs, to start online businesses. I did this for the first time back in 2013 and was able to quit my job six months later after having my first success with an online business.

After traveling for a while, I moved back for the second time in February with the intent of building up a business larger, and more meaningful than my first, giving me more freedom to travel, and allowing me to spend 3 months writing my book after I move out...

It's now six months later and I am now packing my things, getting ready for 3 months in Seattle to write my book. This "last week here" is normally around the time I reflect upon my experiences and try to help others avoid the same mistakes I made, and enjoy the journey.

These lesson will help you regardless if you move your life to Scottsdale, or stay where you are.

You can do more for your future...(this is actually the message I would have given myself 2 years ago, the first time around)
The work you are doing now is setting yourself up for your goal in six months, but is it the most productive use of your time three years down the road? Five years? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't - but it is something to think about.

One day, when you move on to the next stage of your journey, or at the end of the year when you reflect...you will realize that you accomplished a lot...but what more could you have done?

The more energy we put into ONE thing, the larger it will get. Will you still be committed to that ONE thing five years down the road?

If the answer is yes, work harder on it.
If the answer is no, it might still work out for you...but really think about WHY you're doing it and what you can learn from this, which will help you five years down the road.

That's something I learned from last time, applied to my life - and am happy with the results so far...Maybe it will work for you, maybe it's not the best choice for you..who knows!

The accomplishments of 6 months in Scottsdale...
Looking back over the last six months, I have accomplished a lot - I learned how to run paid ads on a scaleable traffic source (YouTube), built a business where I am in control (and not subject to the mercy of algorithm updates by other companies - like my first business is), made over $1,000 profit in a single day for the first time ever, my "bad days" in sales have turned into be more than the "good days" I used to dream for, and most importantly - Built something that changes other peoples lives. The emails I get of customer success stories means more to me than merchant receipts coming in from sales. Those are nice too btw :)

...but looking back, I could have done more on a daily basis.

We all still have those days where we sit in front of the computer and get distracted by YouTube, Skype, go out, or whatever...for 6 hours... and realize you didn't get anything done that day. While these kinds of days have been fewer, they are still there - and adding them up - a LOT more can get accomplished in the time we have to work.

Minimize time wasted, unless it's too recharge or have awesome life experiences (that's what we are working for after all, isn't it? Life experiences).

What more can you do now? Your future self will thank you.

Helping others is helping yourself
I cannot count the times somebody has asked me for help, or I had a conversation in one of my mastermind groups, and as I'm talking them through their problems, a light switch flips on in my mind realizing I can use the same advice in my life.

Listen to yourself as you help others, and you will solve your own problems.

Plan vacations to recharge, even if it's just a weekend trip.
Anybody else think about business 24/7?

In July, I took a week long road trip to The Grand Canyon, Vegas, LA, and San Diego. For the first time in a while, I didn't think about business once. When I finally came back, it gave me so much clarity of what I needed to do - because it broke the pattern of my old thought loops - and I had my best week after after that.

Contrary to the "I could have done more" comment - working less is sometimes more - if you use that time to recharge or have life experiences that you enjoy.... But not if you procrastinate.

Sometimes your failures turn out to be your greatest gifts.
In times, it may look like something happened to you that has set you back on your journey...but later on, you will realize that it only made you better. Embrace the failures, learn from it, and you will grow stronger.

And last but not least - Enjoy the journey.

The journey is the destination.

My "destination" this year is 3 months in a rental next to the coast of Seattle, and 20 feet away from a state park to write a book. I worked hard to get there, but I enjoyed the work I did. Whether it be hiking Sedona to film YouTube videos, or spending time with other fastlaners at B&P, or countless other things.

While the destination is great in itself, make NOW the destination, and learn to enjoy your time NOW. Enjoy what you do, embrace the failures as a normal part of the process, and do something your future self will thank you for.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
What's next?

I'll continue to grow Limitless and build my brand...but I'll be spending a lot of my time with a new progress thread documenting my journey to write a (soon to be :)) best selling book...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Update - I got an email in my personal email (which I'm not sure how they got it) from one of the top magazines out there, and they said they are going to do a story with Limitless in it.

Pretty exciting email to get.

They asked for a HD picture of me - and I had to go through my facebook and hard drive to find a good one. Guess it's time to hire a photographer.

Its interesting how I used to try to chase getting featured on blogs or media outlets, with little success. But once I switched up to just putting out amazing content...people seem to come to me.

I think this is one of those lessons MJ put in his book, but took a number of years to finally sink in at a deeper level.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
I clicked on the link and almost signed up! Was kind of turned off at the "sales" feeling of the full-access link but the video kept me staying. May sign up later down the road when the time is right but this is good stuff.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Update 10/31/2015

1) Got a mention in the October 2015 issue of Inc Magazine - Already made another thread on here about lessons learned from it. The original link on their site linked to a different person's website, and I emailed them to update it on the 27th, which gave a nice bump in traffic.

upload_2015-10-31_18-58-17.png

2) "When the universe gives you signs....you should probably listen" - At least that's how I phrase it. I had to leave Seattle before the 3 months I planned to stay there were up, and on the way back, had a conversation with another fastlaner about uploading my courses on Udemy - since I already have the content recorded, and it would open up a nice additional revenue stream outside of my website.

Just uploaded my first course for review, and will be uploading all the content I have by the time I move to Southeast Asia in January.

upload_2015-10-31_19-0-47.png

3) Spent the last couple of weeks driving across the United States to record videos for my youtube channel. I'm not noticing any 'instant success' from YouTube videos, but the topics I talk about can help a lot of people so I am going to choose to continue to do it.

This one I recorded in July, after I spend a month locked in my apartment working hard on my business - I was completely 'out of the zone' during this one and it reminded me to enjoy the process on the way to my larger goal:

Main focus right now:
  1. Finish the book I've been writing by November 14th.
  2. Take over Udemy with personal development courses until January.
  3. Flood the internet with greatness.
Also I'm in the process of cloning myself to get two heads working together on Limitless, instead of one. We'll see how that turns out in a week or so.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Well, I signed up, I'll have to digest this thread later. Wish this forum has the ability to create a reading list of threads.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
11/1/2015 update

Udemy didn't approve the course the first time and suggested fixes. Addressed them all within the first hour and awaiting review.

This is how I look at things. Think of your goal...maybe its $10,000 per day, $100,000 per day...whatever it is.

Every day your business is not up and running is a day you are losing money.

upload_2015-11-1_23-20-2.png

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Also, spent my entire day (And most of yesterday) writing a post outlining what I learned from my first business.

I'll post it on reddit in the morning to see how much traffic it brings. I'm thinking of putting it in the entrepreneur section. Not sure if there is a more appropriate section for it.

upload_2015-11-1_23-20-52.png

http://evolutionlimitless.com/how-i...le-i-was-sleeping-and-traveled-for-18-months/

Finally took @snowbank 's advice from the 2013 B&P on putting more time into the posts I publish.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
@AndrewNC, I have two observations that may help you:

1. I'm not sure if it's only me, but I find it straining to read your article with the template you have now (column with the content aligned to the right). It would be much easier on the eyes if the template was centered or to the left. Articles on Medium.com (e.g. https://medium.com/startups-venture...-in-over-150-startups-ad796b79502d#.q8i9156ux) are much easier to read.

2. Before I talk about it - I just want to give you honest feedback to help you. It's not my intention to offend you.

I think it would greatly help if you put more thought into how you dress for the videos. I get that you want to show the "lifestyle" aspect by showing you in regular daily situations, when traveling and so on. I know you, so I know your content is good and I don't care about your clothing.

However, put yourself in the shoes of a person who watches your videos for the first time - for instance, the last ones posted in your 10/31/2015. What is she going to think when she sees a random guy wearing an Adidas hoodie or crimson/purple/violet/whatever this color is shorts and talking about success? Clothing is also a part of the story and can either support it or make a person think "hmmm."

I'm not saying you should put on a suit for each video, because that's obviously not what your target viewer will relate to. However, consider for instance this video:

He's dressed casually, but in such a way that supports the goal of his video and makes you think "I can tell this guy is successful even by his casual clothes". Think a wealthy guy playing golf. If he wore a hoodie or shorts, would he give off the same vibe of success? I don't think so.

Another good example is Antonio Centeno, the founder of Real Men, Real Style. Check these two videos below:

And now compare them with this video in which he purposefully wears a t-shirt:

He looks ridiculous in this t-shirt when compared to the previous two videos. He's not even as half as charismatic as when he has a shirt or a suit on. Your videos could benefit from putting more focus not only on what you say and how you say it, but also how you look when you say it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Blimey. I can't believe I've just watched a video on rolling up my sleeves, and actually learned something from it too.

I always used to wear a nicely ironed shirt when going out. Sometimes with a light sweater over it. I've been lazy these last few years and just worn old t-shirts, and I'm not hitting the gym like I used to either.

Those videos actually have me thinking about dressing better.

Thanks @MTF

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Thanks @MTF and @Andy Black for planting the seed for the gym too ;)

I'm kinda torn on the clothing issue. I dress up for courses, but not so much for YouTube. Guess it really depends on the audience and the outcome you want. Definitely important for establishing yourself as a professional.

I dunno if you've taken Jordan Belforts course, but he starts his presentations with his suit jacket on, then explains to students why he wears it and how it affects the way they perceive him. After that he takes it off for the rest of the course.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Well, I signed up, I'll have to digest this thread later. Wish this forum has the ability to create a reading list of threads.

you can watch them and see all your watched threads in the watched threads list..

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
you can watch them and see all your watched threads in the watched threads list..

Thanks, I know of that tool. I was thinking more along the lines of Instapaper, a way to mark a thread as to read, so that when you click on it, you go to the start of the thread. The watched threads keep updating as people post in them.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I'm kinda torn on the clothing issue. I dress up for courses, but not so much for YouTube. Guess it really depends on the audience and the outcome you want. Definitely important for establishing yourself as a professional.

I dunno if you've taken Jordan Belforts course, but he starts his presentations with his suit jacket on, then explains to students why he wears it and how it affects the way they perceive him. After that he takes it off for the rest of the course.

"I can tell this guy is successful even by his casual clothes". Think a wealthy guy playing golf. If he wore a hoodie or shorts, would he give off the same vibe of success? I don't think so.

Just got to the computer so typing out the longer feedback now. Thanks again everyone.

Part of the reason for the outfits is because I most of my videos are shot after I put my camera and tripod in the backpack and hike through a national park or something similar in nature.

I know Mark zuckerberg wears the same (facebook branded) t shirt every day for his business. Perhaps I could get a high quality branded shirt, iron it out, and have it look clean/pressed for those types of shots.

Definitely will take this into consideration for future videos and thanks again!

Edit - Yes - took Jordan's course - Perhaps if I go into more city environments that can be more fitting.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Perhaps I could get a high quality branded shirt, iron it out, and have it look clean/pressed for those types of shots.

Yes, that would definitely be an improvement. It would be even better with a prominent Limitless logo on the front.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
I know Mark zuckerberg wears the same (facebook branded) t shirt every day for his business. Perhaps I could get a high quality branded shirt, iron it out, and have it look clean/pressed for those types of shots.

You're not Zuck. ;) But I think a golf shirt with your logo and either some slacks or clean jeans would work. But you need to be consistent.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
You're not Zuck. ;) But I think a golf shirt with your logo and either some slacks or clean jeans would work. But you need to be consistent.
haha, I'll just dress as zuck in every video going forward with the facebook logo :D

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Great day so far!

Uploaded the post I took 48 hours to write on reddit. Let the trolls converge!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Entreprene..._i_built_a_company_with_860000_app_downloads/

Also got my first udemy course approved - Created a free coupon code for fastlaners:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/the-cure-for-procrastination-laziness.63688/

8 people enrolled in the first 30 minutes :)

Last edited by a moderator:

phenom4hire

Onwards and Upwards
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 26, 2011
Jesup, GA
Man reddit can be so brutal/wishy washy at times. However when you consider their primary demographic all the negativity makes more sense.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Man reddit can be so brutal/wishy washy at times. However when you consider their primary demographic all the negativity makes more sense.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Haha for real.

Gives me great reminder that most people don't behave or think like us.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.