The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Motivational Quotes

contract

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 29, 2013
Be everything, or be nothing.

It takes a second idea to get the first idea started.

It's easy to accept what you aren't; It's harder to believe in who you are.

No man is born a failure, he is only a fool for refusing himself success.

- Contract

Eos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 5, 2011
England
We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment.

If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.

If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.

If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree.

Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else's hands, but not you.

Failure is not a single, cataclysmic event. You don't fail overnight. Instead, failure is a few errors in judgement, repeated every day.

You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.

The worst thing one can do is not to try, to be aware of what one wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering if something could have materialized - never knowing.

Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals.

The difficulties you meet will resolve themselves as you advance. Proceed, and light will dawn, and shine with increasing clearness on your path.

All by Jim Rohn

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
"If you're taking flak, you must be over the target" - unknown
"Never engage the enemy without a plan; but no plan survives contact with the enemy" - Helmuth Von Moltke
"The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little longer"—Motto of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers during World War II
"Living well is the best revenge" - George Herbert
"You'll never go broke providing a service people don't want to do themselves" - my father
"I'd rather have a little bit of something than all of nothing" - a close friend
"At the outer marker I instinctively looked to my left to see if the captain with ready for me to lower the gear, and all I saw was my own reflection looking back at me from the cockpit window" - another good friend recently promoted from copilot to captain making his first real-world approach in bad weather with a plane load of passengers
"Life's a funny thing" - me, after too much Scotch

Cheers,
O-2

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"Tell me what you've done and I'll tell you who you are."

unicon

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 23, 2008
Organization is the only concept that conquers time.

With 100% organization time stands still.

A list is the greatest organizational Tool.

Speed is right in front of your nose, simplicity exposes it.

What could be simpler than a list, a child can write it.

Blitz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Mar 25, 2016
Denver, CO
"Most men go until they begin to tire. Good men go until they feel as if they might collapse. But the very best know that the mind tires before the body, and push themselves further and further past all limits."
-Dan Gable

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things."
~Leonardo da Vinci

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do."
~Leonardo da Vinci

Smart boy our Lenny.

Last edited:

antro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Dec 3, 2015
Germany
two-roads-frost.jpg

Full poem for those interested:

The Road Not Taken
By Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

M-M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 27, 2007
NC
You have to let it all go. Fear; doubt; disbelief - FREE YOUR MIND.

The Matrix was a huge influence on me and is to this date.

FT1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 15, 2007
"Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value." -Jim Rohn

"Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough."

Og Mandino

Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
-Albert Einstein

HERE'S WHAT'S SCARY TO ME....How little a lot of people will do while
expecting massive results. –Dan Kennedy

"Don't let what you do not have stop you from using what you do have."
-Stephen Pierce

“Good thoughts bear good fruit, bad thoughts bear bad fruit – a man is his own gardener.†-James Allen, author

thecoach

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 29, 2007
Regina, SK, Canada
I've always been big on sports so I look to the best athletes of all time...the ones that are truly the best in world at their proffession...Sports, business or personal, the messages are the same...

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." Michael Jordan

“Champions aren´t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision.” - Mahamad Ali

"It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward" Rocky Balboa

"Adversity causes some men to break and others to break records" Unknown

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Coach, I tend to like your signature quote
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" Wayne Gretzky

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough.
You must want it with an exuberance that erupts through the skin and
joins the energy that created the world.
--Sheila Graham

All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
--Buddha

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Winston Churchill
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

Difficulties mastered are opportunities won.

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.

Kites rise highest against the wind - not with it.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Nate

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Sep 24, 2007
Utah
Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a refund from the IRS, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with. ~From a Washington Post word contest

People are living longer than ever before, a phenomenon undoubtedly made necessary by the 30-year mortgage. ~Doug Larson

The only reason a great many American families don’t own an elephant is that they have never been offered an elephant for a dollar down and easy weekly payments. ~Mad Magazine

Wealth - any income that is at least one hundred dollars more a year than the income of one’s wife’s sister’s husband. ~H.L. Mencken

Women prefer men who have something tender about them - especially the legal kind. ~Kay Ingram

If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it. ~Author Unknown

Save a little money each month and at the end of the year you’ll be surprised at how little you have. ~Ernest Haskins ----------- (SLOW LANE)

Money is not the most important thing in the world. Love is. Fortunately, I love money. ~Unknown Author

No matter how rich you become, how famous or powerful, when you die the size of your funeral will still pretty much depend on the weather. ~Michael Pritchard

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income. ~Errol Flynn

Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort. ~Helen Gurley Brown

I am opposed to millionaires, but it would be dangerous to offer me the position. ~Mark Twain

If you can count your money, you don’t have a billion dollars. ~J. Paul Getty

Money can’t buy happiness, but neither can poverty. ~Leo Rosten

Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair. ~Sam Ewing

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it. ~Bob Hope

Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I’m not there, I go to work. ~Robert Orben

Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions. ~A.A. Latimer

Money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy you the kind of misery you prefer. ~Author Unknown

It frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy. ~Groucho Marx

October: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August and February. ~Mark Twain, Pudd’nhead Wilson’s Calendar for 1894

Lack of money is the root of all evil. ~George Bernard Shaw

A woman’s mink coat represents the sacrifice of a lot of little animals, including her husband. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic’s Notebook, 1966

A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore. ~Yogi Berra

michael515

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 27, 2007
"I'd rather be an optimist and a fool, than a pessimist and right." - Albert Einstein

"Great minds have purposes, others have wishes." - Washington Irving

"Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be." - Helen Keller

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

“The secret to happiness is freedom. The secret to freedom is courage.†– Thucydides

And my favorite...

“To win the Tour I had to be willing to ride when no one else would ride.†– Lance Armstrong

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.