The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Insider Intro - Time to Change Lanes

Will You Follow Along in This Journey With Me?

• I'm a good F*cking dude/dudette, so YES.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Maybe, if you're actually as cool as you seem you are.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alex W.

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 30, 2015
Hey guys & gals,

I'm going to try and keep this introduction as short as possible.

My name is Alex (wasn't very creative when I created my username), and I'm a 22 y/o student-athlete (football) living on the Western Coast of the U.S.

I had a terrifying realization about 6 months ago. I was, upon graduating college, doomed to a 9-5 lifestyle. I have no choice. This is what we have to do to survive. It's necessity. I essentially had a mid-life crisis, at the age of 21.

I've never been an incredibly descriptive writer, so I don't feel as though I can appropriately convey this feeling of dread via text, and I'm not going to even try (but I'm sure many here have experienced a similar sense of despair, so will know exactly what I'm talking about).

In short, I realized that I didn't want to be another cog in the economic machine. I didn't want to trade my F*cking soul for a measly bimonthly check, 8 days off/month (if I'm lucky), 2 weeks vacation, plus benefits.

I knew that there HAD to be a solution. It was IMPOSSIBLE that there wasn't a way out.

So I started searching. And researching. And studying.

I have done nothing except research/study, slowly at first, but more intensely as time went on, for about 6 months. I went into hyper-drive about one month ago. I don't say this light-heatedly, either, as it's all I've done, 10-16 hours/day, for the past 1.0-1.5 months. It sucks, a lot. I've gained weight, stopped going out, stopped playing video games & watching TV, and have lost interest in nearly every other aspect of my life.

In fact, I am pretty confident that my mom thinks I'm depressed, as she's accustomed to me exercising, socializing and otherwise doing "normal people things".

On the contrary, Mom, I am F*cking ecstatic. There is a way out. I've found it & people are actually doing it.

This forum has been the kick in the a$$ that I've needed to become an action-taker. I'll be creating a progress thread tomorrow (I'll edit in a link here) outlining my first fastlane business. It's a mix of a business in both the idea and the execution phase (aspects of the business are, and have been, executing for >10 years, but I'd like to take it to the next level, hence the idea phase).

Tune in tomorrow to find out more ;)

Funny side-note:
After re-reading my draft of this post to check for spelling errors (it's late here), I noticed that the tone of my introduction seems to insinuate that my next post is going to read...

!!!Early-Bird Special!!!
Learn How I Took a Business with Stagnant Profits to a Fortune 500 Success...In 30 DAYS!!!
Pre-Order Your Copy of
TMFL: Brick & Mortar edition, for ONLY $39!!!
CLICK HERE TO ORDER NOW

Hurry, While Supplies Last

I promise I'm not a scumbag. Sorry to disappoint, but there won't be any B&M editions of TMFL (unless MJ decides he's feeling extra-creative).

I'm the real-deal, and I've never had this feeling of determination & drive in my entire F*cking life.

Please do tune-in to my progress thread. I am looking for advice, and, even more so, criticism. And hopefully, when I'm successful, I'll be able to give back to the community here, in one way or another.

BIG shout-out to @MJ DeMarco @biophase @Vigilante @Walter Hay @Andy Black @IceCreamKid plus a few more I'm probably forgetting (in no particular order).

The value in this forum is unbelievable. The value that has been added by you six, especially, is astonishing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
595%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hey guys & gals,

My name is Alex (wasn't very creative when I created my username), and I'm a 22 y/o student-athlete (football) living on the Western Coast of the U.S.

I had a terrifying realization about 6 months ago. I was, upon graduating college, doomed to a 9-5 lifestyle. I have no choice. This is what we have to do to survive. It's necessity. I essentially had a mid-life crisis, at the age of 21.

I've never been an incredibly descriptive writer, so I don't feel as though I can appropriately convey this feeling of dread via text, and I'm not going to even try (but I'm sure many here have experienced a similar sense of despair, so will know exactly what I'm talking about).

In short, I realized that I didn't want to be another cog in the economic machine. I didn't want to trade my F*cking soul for a measly bimonthly check, 8 days off/month (if I'm lucky), 2 weeks vacation, plus benefits.

I knew that there HAD to be a solution. It was IMPOSSIBLE that there wasn't a way out.

I have done nothing except research/study, slowly at first, but more intensely as time went on, for about 6 months. I went into hyper-drive about one month ago. I don't say this light-heatedly, either, as it's all I've done, 10-16 hours/day, for the past 1.0-1.5 months. It sucks, a lot. I've gained weight, stopped going out, stopped playing video games & watching TV, and have lost interest in nearly every other aspect of my life.

In fact, I am pretty confident that my mom thinks I'm depressed, as she's accustomed to me exercising, socializing and otherwise doing "normal people things".

On the contrary, Mom, I am F*cking ecstatic. There is a way out. I've found it & people are actually doing it.

This forum has been the kick in the a$$ that I've needed to become an action-taker. I'll be creating a progress thread tomorrow (I'll edit in a link here) outlining my first fastlane business. It's a mix of a business in both the idea and the execution phase (aspects of the business are, and have been, executing for >10 years, but I'd like to take it to the next level, hence the idea phase).

Funny side-note:
After re-reading my draft of this post to check for spelling errors (it's late here), I noticed that the tone of my introduction seems to insinuate that my next post is going to read...

!!!Early-Bird Special!!!
Learn How I Took a Business with Stagnant Profits to a Fortune 500 Success...In 30 DAYS!!!
Pre-Order Your Copy of
ORDER NOW

I promise I'm not a scumbag. Sorry to disappoint, but there won't be any B&M editions of TMFL (unless MJ decides he's feeling extra-creative).

I'm the real-deal, and I've never had this feeling of determination & drive in my entire F*cking life.

Please do tune-in to my progress thread. I am looking for advice, and, even more so, criticism. And hopefully, when I'm successful, I'll be able to give back to the community here, in one way or another.

BIG shout-out to @MJ DeMarco @biophase @Vigilante @Walter Hay @Andy Black
The value in this forum is unbelievable. The value that has been added by you 5, especially, is astonishing.

Welcome to the forum.

Out of curiosity, what made you choose the movie version of Jordan Belfort as your image?

Alex W.

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 30, 2015
Hey guys & gals,

Funny side-note:

!!!Early-Bird Special!!!
Pre-Order Your Copy of
CLICK HERE TO ORDER NOW

BIG shout-out to @MJ DeMarco @biophase @Vigilante @Walter Hay @Andy Black plus a few more I'm probably forgetting.
The value in this forum is unbelievable. The value that has been added by you five, especially, is astonishing.
Welcome to the forum.

Out of curiosity, what made you choose the movie version of Jordan Belfort as your image?

Thank you for the welcome.

No, I don't manipulate the stock market, have recreational drug addictions, or blow coke off stripper's asses. I also don't idolize Jordan Belfort.

I do, however, think the movie is funny.

Don't look into it too much. I wanted to slap up an avatar before I made this post, and this is caught my eye.

I had a feeling I'd get asked this when I was searching for an avatar, so it's funny that this is the first question on my introduction post. Don't want something as silly as an avatar to detract from my posts, or derail any future threads.

Maybe I'll change it.

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Welcome to the forum. So you're not a big bad wolf. :)

YoungGun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 2, 2015
Motivating, like the energy.

Welcome, and congrats on your realization. Looking forward to your progress thread, I am a student on the same mindset as you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...