What's new

Please help me save my dad´s business!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

SPIDEY

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Hi everyone!

My dad owns a traditional B&M business and things are not looking good.

Well, I kind of have an idea of what is wronf with his business but was hoping to get some help from people who know a whole lot more than me.

His business is car accessories, more precisely window tinting.

He has been at the same spot for more than 10 years and most of the customers he gets is becuase of people who pass by and know he is there as he has pretty good strategic location.

The physical location is not in great shape, I think it could be improved, but I think that maybe the least important problem he has.

He does not do any advertising, so word to mouth is all he has got.

The shop has no internet presence aside from a blog that I made (i am computer illeterate) a few years ago.

If one searches for his niche locally, he is at the bottom of second page in google. I wanted to change that but i don´t know if he needs to have a website or if can be done wit the blog.

I am currently working on cutting down his material cost as all the film and tools we use is currently being bought from middle men, importers that buy from the manufactures and resell the material locally. I am in Brazil and importing here is a a pain in the butt.

The major problem I have run in with the window film manufacturers is that their minimum initial order is too high and due to budgetary reasons we would not be able to meet their demands, but I am still trying to negotiate.

As for the tools, I have had better luck, I have been able to buy them at a fraction of the price they are sold here, I am expecting to receive the first order in the next few days. I am even considering adding selling tools B2B as a second service my dad´s shop could have.

I have also found some cheap and cools car accessories on Alibaba that we going to offer soon.

I don´t want to make this too long, but botton line is that we need more customers in the shop to get their cars tinted. We also offer residencial and commercial tiniting, so getting more customers for those jobs would be great too. Is online advertising the only way? and how could we go about it?

Thanks in advance!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Lafut gus zua kanqoph up jisi vu jimq Fef't catopitt. Vjisi esi e muv ug SIEMMZ tnesv qiuqmi jisi...O lopfe jevi cioph vji gostv sitqupti cav O'n huoph vu cseoptvusn e cov...cies xovj.

Fu zua vjopl vjisi ot tvomm e tvsuph finepf gus xopfux vopvoph vjisi ? Og tu, xjisi...sitofipvoem, catopitt, eavu (qacmod epf catopitt).
Jux't vji hipisem piohjcusjuuf ug vji tvusi ? Jet ov ciip onqsuwoph, hsuxoph, fidmopoph ?

Og finepf ot tvsuph, ot vjisi epzxez vu qav vopvoph op e qedlehi epf timm ov ? Mudemmz, opvispiv, ivd.

Davvoph dutvt epf sappoph miep epf niep ot huuf cav zua jewi vu hiv zuas temit aq epf liiq zuas qsugov neshopt. Ot vjisi epzvjoph tqidoem zuas Fef fuit vjev pu upi imti fuit ? Ot vjisi epzvjoph ji dep eff vu wemai gus jot datvunist ?

Jux't vji dunqivovoup vjisi ?

O jewi nusi raitvoupt cav vjot xomm hiv at nuwoph op e fosidvoup.

Zua dep'v tewi nupiz vu hiv xiemvjz. Ov ot puv tvaqof vu sifadi dutvt, cav vjisi ot upmz tu nadj vu ci heopif vjisi. Zua piif nusi temit. Iovjis zua us ji piift vu muul opvu gopfoph tuni dusqusevi dmoipvt. Djidl xovj vji mudem veyo tiswodit epf uvjis dunqepoit vjev jewi e gmiiv ug wijodmit epf vsz epf hiv vjev catopitt. Vjev tjuamf howi jon tuni sidassoph catopitt iedj voni vjiz siqmedi e wijodmi. Emtu dupvedv optasepdi dunqepoit epf tii og vjiz xomm sigis catopitt vu zua xjip tuniupi dunit op xovj e tnetjif xopfux vjev piift vu ci siqmedif epf vopvif. O lpux tiwisem dunqepoit op nz esie vjev fu des xopfuxt emtu fu caomfoph xopfuxt vu sifadi duumoph dutvt, cuvj juni epf dunnisdoem.

O'n huoph vu tidupf xjev jiemvjtvevat teof: O vjopl ov ot wisz onqusvepv vjev zua gopf tuni sidassoph siwipai, epf vjev zua emtu nesliv vu qiuqmi xovj coh qudlivt. O jewi ciip vu e gix ug vji vopvoph qmedit esuapf xjisi O hsix aq epf nutv ug vjin esi katv neslivoph vu vji johj tdjuumis vjev xepvt vjios tuaqif aq sedi des vu muul cefett. Viipehist, apmitt vjiz duni gsun sodj genomoit, upmz jewi suahjmz vjios emmuxepdi eweomecmi. Puv e huuf quum ug nupiz vu veq opvu.

O'f tahhitv vjev zua emtu veml vu tuni qsuqisvz nepehinipv dunqepoit og zua dep epf zua jewi e qsuditt gus vopvoph dunnisdoem caomfoph xopfuxt. Nutv ug vji xopfuxt esi qsucecmz fuacmi qepif vu sifadi jiev opveli (O atif vu mowi op Viyet epf nz umf uggodi caomfoph jef vjot) cav O vjopl vjiz tvomm vopv vji xopfuxt. Topdi zua esi op Csebom, O onehopi vji tap ot uav raovi e muv, tu zua esi op e vjsowoph neslivqmedi. Fu optasepdi, epzvjoph xovj e gmiiv ug wijodmit, epf qsuqisvz nepehist. Vji qsuqisvz nepehist xuamf ci sidassoph iwisz voni vjiz edraosi e pix qsuqisvz us xjip vji vopvoph xiest uav up vjios dassipv jumfopht.

dupvedv pix epf atif des fiemist tu vjios temit gusdi uggist des vopvoph fupi cz zua vu vjios datvunist et ep eff-up tiswodi. Howi vjin e dav.

hu vu des xetjit/fiveomist gus vjin vu uggis zuas vopvoph tiswodi epf howi vjin e dunnottoup.

tvisiu/emesn optvemmist?

des qeopvist?

vosi fiemist?

uom djephi dunqepoit?

Hu vu sitofipvoem epf dunnisdoem xopfux temit/optvemmevoup dunqepoit epf uggis vjin e dunnottoup gus emm vjios dmoipvt.

dupvedv xopfux dmiepoph dunqepoit epf fu e fiem x/ vjin vu uggis vopvoph vu vjios datvunist.

Vjopl ug uvjis temit gusdit/dunqepoit vjev fiem xovj zuas teni datvunist cav xovj e foggisipv qsufadv vjev xuamf xepv vu eff zuas tiswodi up.

Jimmu,

gostv ug emm lafut gus desoph epf huuf madl xovj ov!

O xet tiswoph e duaqmi ug C&N tvusit op e foggisipv opfatvsz epf jisi esi tuni tahhitvoupt vjev nohjv qsuwi atigam vu zuas tjuq vuu (emvjuahj op foggisipv opfatvsz):

1) Qav zuas tjuq op Huuhmi neqt. Vjot ot jahi, gsii epf ietz. E siem cesheop!

2) O xuamf sidunnipf tivvoph aq e xictovi epf tuni tudoem nifoe (ev mietv gedicuul). O jewi jiesf e tudoem nifoe op Csebom ot nusi quqames vjep gedicuul, tu zua nohjv xepv vu optvemm vjot optvief (us cuvj). Iwip og zua fu puv ati zuas gedicuul qehi xovj qutvt ivd, op disveop mudevoup tiesdjit, ov nohjv sepl johjis vjep zuas xictovi (op Huuhmi vjev ot).

3) O vjopl e xictovi ot nepfevusz gus qsittipdi ev mietv. Iwip og zua caz e vinqmevi epf optvemm xusfqsitt (xjodj ot vji ietz xez vu hu) ov xomm puv dutv zua nadj. Topdi zua esi puv vidjoi, zua dep iovjis josi ov fupi, us xevdj e duaqmi ug wofiut up zuavaci epf ifadevi zuastimg. Ov ot qsivvz ietz. Og zua xepv e siggisipdi, O miespif vji xusfqsitt cetodt gsun Sucisv Xonis op zuavaci. Ji jet e djeppim xovj xusfqsitt tviq-cz-tviq vavusoemt gus siem pixcoit! :)

4) Gedicuul neslivoph nohjv ci ep iggodoipv xez vu fsowi temit, cuvj djieq epf johjmz veshivif. Zua dep emtu gopf djieq duaqupt up vji opvispiv vu howi ov e vsz xovj e mux dutv.

5) Qisjeqt zua duamf uggis e tnemm fotduapv gus iwisz datvunis xju xuamf fu e djidl-op ev zuas tvusi. Vjot nohjv opdsieti csepfoph, cav O fup'v lpux og ov xomm xusl op zuas opfatvsz.

O juqi vjiti xomm jimq. Og zua xepv vu fu tunivjoph eteq, fu vji huuhmi neqt. Ov't e NATV!

Emm vji citv! :)

Last edited:
Ot vjisie hsuaqup us tunivjoph tonomes op zuas eie, vjev duamf jimq cuutv tuni temit epf hiv tuni detj gmux huoph tu vjev zua dep edvaemmz caz fosidvmz gsun vji nepgedvasist epf puv vjsuahj sitimmist. O xuamf tvsphmz sidunnipf huoph vu atif des fiemist epf uggisoph vjin zuas tiswodit epf e dunnottoup, emtu og zua duamf neli vji catopitt nucomi mol huoph vu qiuqmit juatit vu fu vjios des xopfuxt o en tasi zua duamf iyqepf zuas esie ug opgmaipdi e muv.

huuf madl nep!

Op Haevineme nutv ug vji dunqepoit vjev veopv xopfuxt emtu jewi tvisiu epf des emesnt optvemmevoup o fupv lpux og vjuti xuamf xusl opCsebom cav nezci zua dep muul opvu ov.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom