The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
My workouts are far more intense at the gym, versus in my home gym. I really like being around other people who are far fitter than I. I elaborated here:

Yes, the teens are annoying, but I try to remember that they are THERE, which is far better than the average teen.

I also don't own a treadmill or have room for it in the gym, and I don't want to put it in the game room.
This lady just ran into me in a crosswalk. She was stopped at the end of the crosswalk, so I started crossing with my daughter. Then she starts driving. I slam my fist against her hood at the last second and yell at her because she is literally running into my body while looking at her phone...

I should've barrel rolled across her hood like those kids in the beginning of Better Call Saul...
Wtf. Glad you’re both ok!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This lady just ran into me in a crosswalk. She was stopped at the end of the crosswalk, so I started crossing with my daughter. Then she starts driving. I slam my fist against her hood at the last second and yell at her because she is literally running into my body while looking at her phone...

Welcome to Utah.

I've been tailgated and then flicked off for driving the speed limit, only to see the person roll into the church parking lot.

TempusFugit

Ora et labora. ☩
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Mar 6, 2024

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Ignore the title of the video lol

Well, regarding what's in the video. Your intelligence is something you cultivate, not something that unfolds and actualizes automatically.

On another note. This is one reason the youth today are screwed. They are being indoctrinated not only by an education system that tells you you are a genius without earning it but also gives you a crappy education on top of it. On top of that, all done on an iPad to f*ck up your focus. LOL

40 years ago a High School diploma was probably worth more than a college degree today. Not only because they wanted an educated population (Because you need an educated citizenry in order to have democracy). But because it was higher quality and more rigorous.

Today the education system is worthless. They dumb you up because they don't want democracy and they don't want you solving problems and then on top of it you are told you are a genius.

Last edited:

Dean Irwin

The GoalSumo Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jan 1, 2021
Sandy Springs, GA
whats smth you can do in high school to help u on when you start your fastlane journey?

I will take this as an opportunity to share this story of how I ended up "The GoalSumo.com Guy", and give high school Dean a better idea of what I was learning over the next 5 years, as it was all a bit mushy to me. Hopefully the story/advice is relevant to you and your situation, if not, it's a good journal post for me.

When I was a junior in high school, I purchased the Millionaire Fastlane on my iPad. I was doing some web development stuff at the time (client work), but I wasn't really "making money". I was doing about 1k every 2 months or so, and that's why I bought the book... to see what I was doing wrong. I was making more than minimum wage, but not by much.

I read about 1/2 the way though TMF , and the book was telling me I was doing everything wrong, so I was completely dismissive and stopped reading it. I thought I would figure everything out on my own. It didn't happen that way.

Then about 3 years later, I was on a road trip through Alabama, and my car's engine misfired, a spark plug blew, and was now limping down the highway. I was stranded on the side of the road for 3 hours while waiting for a tow truck, with no cell service except for 1 bar about half a mile north of my car. I had to crawl through thorn bushes to pee at one point because I didn't want to flash the side of the road.

The only thing I had was my iPad with a single downloaded book on it, TMF . That book coming in at that time of my life really got me to realize my "F*ck this event", where I decided this was the 7th and last time that this shitty car would leave me stranded, and that I would do something different going forward.

The next month, I started designing an app based on the Weighted Average Decision Matrix concept talked about in the book, I found an old thread on this site by chance, and I ended up sending an email to MJ asking to team up on that. While we never really turned that app into anything (and I don't even own the domain name anymore), it did get my foot in the door.

So I guess my lessons from high school & college that actually ended up helping me out in this journey:
  • Don't be dismissive of good advice (I should have finished that book instead of tossing it for 3 years)
    • Not all advice is good advice. MJ's books did a good job of making me think critically about what people tell me, especially Unscripted .

• Build your skillset
    • At the old age of 23, I can safely say that my brain does not learn & build creative solutions as well as it did 4 years ago.
      • Use your brain as much as you can as early as you can because that's when it works best.
      • As brain "speed" dwindles slightly, you will gain experience and think "smarter" so you end up okay either way, but I still think the best time to learn an important skill is in your late teens to early 20s, at least, that's when I felt like I could learn anything with unlimited amounts of attention. YMMV.

• Build your sense of competiveness
    • If you are going to start a business, you will be competing with other people. It's the same thing as a sport, a video game, etc.
    • In high school & early college, I would recommend putting yourself in as many competive-based activities as possible. They are much harder to find in adult life.
      • Role-play based competitions are a good way to tune up other skills while also enjoying the spirit of competition. My best memories in college was when I was competing in our sales club. My best time in high school was competing in FBLA/DECA competions. You make great friends with smart people that way as well.

• Keep your mind focused on new opportunities
    • The world has so many different "quests". You can always find a cool problem to tackle, or a new opportunity to take.
    • Go make a mistake or two, you'll be okay. It's easier to do when young and free of financial responsibility. You have plenty of time later to "play it safe".

• Cultivate your friendships
    • Make friends in high school & college.
    • Adult life is busy and I find that it's harder to meet people after high school and college, so I try and keep in touch with people as I can and see friends often.

• Learn to sell your personality and your skills.
    • I think this is the most important skill that someone needs to learn early in life. No matter what you end up doing, confidence to sell your abilities pays back major dividends.
    • I still have friends that are a few years out of college and have been in the workforce a while that I have to remind of their value, and tell them to demand their value at work. If you don't value your abilities, no one else will either.
    • One day, my roommate came home one day and asked me what I was doing... I told him I was writing this email to this guy MJ DeMarco, a multi-millionaire I had never met, and I was going to tell him why he wanted to work with me. My roommate googled him, told me I was crazy, and that I would never get an email back. Today, I build GoalSumo.com with MJ and we work together (remotely) pretty much daily.
      • Moral of the story: Have the balls to tackle opportunities, and some form of skill to back up the audacity.

Dean Irwin

The GoalSumo Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jan 1, 2021
Sandy Springs, GA
I've been tailgated and then flicked off for driving the speed limit, only to see the person roll into the church parking lot.

Gotta get there before all of the coffee and cheese cubes are gone!

The amount of road rage people have in Atlanta when you follow the law is kinda sad. I am routinely honked at near my house because it's NEVER legal in Georgia to turn right on a red arrow, yet you will get a line of 5 cars behind you honking if you don't right on red here. I find it concerning that people either:
1. don't know the law (most likely)
2. know the law and get pissed when people don't break it
3. Can't see that this city has red light cameras on every single traffic light

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So versatile!

1714858248782.png

random_username

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Mar 19, 2024
My lord, I just witnessed a murder. I know this is a waste of time to follow, but goddamn, Kendrick Lamar went in.

All the hip hop shit this year is wild. It's insane that all the wild conspiracy theories I've read under underground hip hop Youtube videos when I was a kid are coming true. I dont even want to type out publically all the bullshit that turned out to be true. Is Tupac actually alive in Cuba lol?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I will take this as an opportunity to share this story of how I ended up "The GoalSumo.com Guy", and give high school Dean a better idea of what I was learning over the next 5 years, as it was all a bit mushy to me. Hopefully the story/advice is relevant to you and your situation, if not, it's a good journal post for me.

When I was a junior in high school, I purchased the Millionaire Fastlane on my iPad. I was doing some web development stuff at the time (client work), but I wasn't really "making money". I was doing about 1k every 2 months or so, and that's why I bought the book... to see what I was doing wrong. I was making more than minimum wage, but not by much.

I read about 1/2 the way though TMF , and the book was telling me I was doing everything wrong, so I was completely dismissive and stopped reading it. I thought I would figure everything out on my own. It didn't happen that way.

Then about 3 years later, I was on a road trip through Alabama, and my car's engine misfired, a spark plug blew, and was now limping down the highway. I was stranded on the side of the road for 3 hours while waiting for a tow truck, with no cell service except for 1 bar about half a mile north of my car. I had to crawl through thorn bushes to pee at one point because I didn't want to flash the side of the road.

The only thing I had was my iPad with a single downloaded book on it, TMF . That book coming in at that time of my life really got me to realize my "F*ck this event", where I decided this was the 7th and last time that this shitty car would leave me stranded, and that I would do something different going forward.

The next month, I started designing an app based on the Weighted Average Decision Matrix concept talked about in the book, I found an old thread on this site by chance, and I ended up sending an email to MJ asking to team up on that. While we never really turned that app into anything (and I don't even own the domain name anymore), it did get my foot in the door.

So I guess my lessons from high school & college that actually ended up helping me out in this journey:
  • Don't be dismissive of good advice (I should have finished that book instead of tossing it for 3 years)
    • Not all advice is good advice. MJ's books did a good job of making me think critically about what people tell me, especially Unscripted .

• Build your skillset
    • At the old age of 23, I can safely say that my brain does not learn & build creative solutions as well as it did 4 years ago.
      • Use your brain as much as you can as early as you can because that's when it works best.
      • As brain "speed" dwindles slightly, you will gain experience and think "smarter" so you end up okay either way, but I still think the best time to learn an important skill is in your late teens to early 20s, at least, that's when I felt like I could learn anything with unlimited amounts of attention. YMMV.

• Build your sense of competiveness
    • If you are going to start a business, you will be competing with other people. It's the same thing as a sport, a video game, etc.
    • In high school & early college, I would recommend putting yourself in as many competive-based activities as possible. They are much harder to find in adult life.
      • Role-play based competitions are a good way to tune up other skills while also enjoying the spirit of competition. My best memories in college was when I was competing in our sales club. My best time in high school was competing in FBLA/DECA competions. You make great friends with smart people that way as well.

• Keep your mind focused on new opportunities
    • The world has so many different "quests". You can always find a cool problem to tackle, or a new opportunity to take.
    • Go make a mistake or two, you'll be okay. It's easier to do when young and free of financial responsibility. You have plenty of time later to "play it safe".

• Cultivate your friendships
    • Make friends in high school & college.
    • Adult life is busy and I find that it's harder to meet people after high school and college, so I try and keep in touch with people as I can and see friends often.

• Learn to sell your personality and your skills.
    • I think this is the most important skill that someone needs to learn early in life. No matter what you end up doing, confidence to sell your abilities pays back major dividends.
    • I still have friends that are a few years out of college and have been in the workforce a while that I have to remind of their value, and tell them to demand their value at work. If you don't value your abilities, no one else will either.
    • One day, my roommate came home one day and asked me what I was doing... I told him I was writing this email to this guy MJ DeMarco, a multi-millionaire I had never met, and I was going to tell him why he wanted to work with me. My roommate googled him, told me I was crazy, and that I would never get an email back. Today, I build GoalSumo.com with MJ and we work together (remotely) pretty much daily.
      • Moral of the story: Have the balls to tackle opportunities, and some form of skill to back up the audacity.
Worth it's own thread @MJ DeMarco ?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Should MJ considers adding recurring revenue into the commandments? RE for recurring.

It will turn cents into recents.

“Screen” sounds nice but it will omit time. Scale, control, recurring, entry, need. You need to screen your business ideas.

skyflare

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
May 14, 2023
Hungary
Here's and idea to replace the phrase "You are solely responsible for your future":

Imagine your future self overcoming all the difficulties of your life, being "successful" whatever that might mean to you, and being the best version of yourself. Now imagine you are the one connecting the dots of your future and present, the one being a servant to your future self, making that person real.

I'm sure this could be phrased better, and I'm open to suggestions. I wanted to emphasise humbleness and the fact that you'll never be alone.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Here's a fun test on how well you can read what the person is feeling or thinking just based on their facial cues:

30.png

I scored 30/36 which is in the average range between 22-30. My girlfriend got 26. Above 30 you're good at reading faces, below 22 you're struggling.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
Mar 15, 2018
Here's a fun test on how well you can read what the person is feeling or thinking just based on their facial cues:

View attachment 55796

I scored 30/36 which is in the average range between 22-30. My girlfriend got 26. Above 30 you're good at reading faces, below 22 you're struggling.

I took the test.

me 36/36

Also me:

View attachment d03fc6227a3dbd6150996cb83c7caf881d656304.mov

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

577B14B9-EF11-481A-9530-7F963A853E7B.jpeg

I got 31.

I feel like a lot of the words are not used correctly.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

View attachment 55796

I got a 29 but admit I became impatient at the end in guessing.

What I found interesting about this test is that I tried to guess without looking at the answers. And usually I didn’t get it correct. But when I was given the 4 choices and then looked back at the eyes I was getting them right. I think I got the first 20 in a row.

Also, I found that if I took only 1-3 seconds I would guess wrong, but if I looked longer I would choose correctly.

This would be an interesting test if we had a time limit to guess.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Im the opposite of @Antifragile gif so I’d say he’s onto something there

Definitely lost interest and started rushing towards the end which is probably phone brain rot related too

Once I saw the correct answer it was obvious which was frustrating

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Definitely lost interest and started rushing towards the end which is probably phone brain rot related too

I took the test on my iPhone and thought the same thing. I'm like, "I'm a dumbass that can barely focus on this test". I'm probably brain damaged from using electronics for years. LOL

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
I got a 29 but admit I became impatient at the end in guessing.

I took the test on my iPhone and thought the same thing. I'm like, "I'm a dumbass that can barely focus on this test". I'm probably brain damaged from using electronics for years. LOL

That's funny because my girlfriend was exactly the same. She lost patience somewhere in the middle, stopped caring as much, and started rushing.

I don't use my phone even half as much as she does (I'm this old boomer who prefers to do everything on the laptop) and don't use social media like Instagram so that may be the reason why.

That test could just as well score your level of focus and patience.

Kavin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jul 28, 2023
Dubai
just had a thought or maybe a plan just asking if its good

First maybe some intro-

So well im rn in high school (2026 graduation from school) trying to survive through science subjects which i try to survive doing them i have litreally no time to do shit like i have 3-4 hours tuition 9 hours school and get distracted a lot.

So rn my future plan is to get to New Zealand im in dubai rn im thinking going to NZ cuz in my home country India the universities are bad and expensive cuz i dont live in the country i.e it wont let me do anything outside studies.

I am thinking of NZ as the universities like are pretty cheap and the education system allows you do many thing plus its not very hard to get into. I need to go to the university cuz without that my parents wont let me do anything .There in NZ i plan to start my business i have pretty good ideas worked out and working out to implement them.'

Thanks for reading
if you have any suggestions just tell me will help a lot :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

View attachment 55796

I got 21/24 then decided I didn't want to waste any more time on it.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I got 21/24 then decided I didn't want to waste any more time on it.
It would be really cool if we found out this was really a patient’s test.

I wonder if they have a data of the accuracy of the first 20 photos compared to the last photos for each person. I bet it drops off a cliff.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It would be really cool if we found out this was really a patient’s test.

Not sure that would be a good test.

I have plenty of patience, but only in meaningful matters.

But I also value my time very highly, so much so that I won't waste it on internet games and time-wasting BS. In other words, if I found deep value in this test, I would have found the patience to complete it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.