The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting a natural supplement company

Anything related to sourcing or importing products.

AllanSupplement

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jun 20, 2024
Hello,

I'm Allan, 33.

Despite having faced significant losses recently, I'm embarking on a new venture with a partner to launch a food supplement company focused on natural and preferably ethically & qualitative sourced products.

Though I have no previous experience in the supplement industry, I am a long-time supplement user. Many products on the market today are low quality with dubious origins (alibaba or chinese dropshipping) and I know that I would pay more to get a better quality, so my bet is that there is a market for this.

Distribution Channels:
  • Amazon
  • iHerb
  • TikTok Shop Affiliates (shopify website)
Traveling to India next week to source our first product and plan to work with a U.S. manufacturer then.
I plan to create some content about the sourcing for my sales pages.
Will probably start with ashwagandha + another product to be determined.
No compound at the moment, only simple natural best-selling plants.

I would appreciate any advice or insights.
I will update this thread regularly.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Bounce Back

Gold Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 14, 2016
Florida
Hello,

I'm Allan, 33.

Despite having faced significant losses recently, I'm embarking on a new venture with a partner to launch a food supplement company focused on natural and preferably ethically sourced products.

Though I have no previous experience in the supplement industry, I am a long-time supplement buyer. Many products on the market today are low quality with dubious origins (alibaba or chinese dropshipping) and I know that I would pay more to get a better quality, so my bet is that there is a market for this.

Distribution Channels:
  • Amazon
  • iHerb
  • TikTok Shop Affiliates (shopify website)
Traveling to India next week to source our first product and plan to work with a U.S. manufacturer then.
I plan to create some content about the sourcing for my sales pages.
Will probably start with ashwagandha + another product to be determined.
No compound at the moment, only simple natural best-selling plants.

I would appreciate any advice or insights.
I will update this thread regularly.
So I see things like this quite a bit where you can go pretty hard at something like this and sometimes its as simple of "did you really search for what you are thinking/claiming doesn't exist?".

As a thought exercise what is one supplement that you can't find a trustworthy looking offering for? I'm sure you can find it most likely just isn't a price you want to pay. If that's the case the problem doesn't become reinventing the wheel it becomes more understanding why they charge the higher price and can you really beat it? If they then lower their price what's unique about your offering? Etc.

Point is what starts as a simple concept turns into the classic value prop issues any product will face. That often isn't as glamorous as feeling like you are bringing something new to the world and that's when most people tap out after wasting a year of their life on a half baked idea. No offense meant here just trying to save you some grief if you can be honest with yourself.

For instance based on your post saying ashwagandha + Amazon I searched Amazon for "organic ashwagandha". Pages of both big name (Garden of Life, Mary Ruth's, etc.) and indie name brands USDA organic with thousands of reviews. Not saying you can't join the party but it doesn't seem the premise of there not being options holds.

1718915170607.png1718915189392.png1718915211240.png

Last edited:

AllanSupplement

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jun 20, 2024
Estimated numbers:
  • $100 cost of label design (in progress on fiverr)
  • about $3,000 for third party certification
  • about $1,500 for the sourcing trip
Variables
  • $1 cost of ingredient (including transport)
  • $3 cost of packaging (including bottle, filling, sealing, sorting)
  • $4 cost of delivery to customers
  • others variables such as amazon ads & commission, storage, affiliate commission, ...)
Targeted final retail price
  • $28 for 120 capsules
  • margins to be determined later when we have enough volume but we know that we need to build trust and organic ranking via positive reviews so even break even would be a great start for the first months

Of course I am very flexible, this is just an estimation to give an idea.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Cancel anytime

$7 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 44% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Find valued content: Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Promote your biz: Reply signatures.
  • Crush Goals: 30% Off GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Save the best: bookmark/archive ability
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • Crush Goals: 50% Off a GoalSumo.com Subscription

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.