The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Struggling through the FTE

Henric

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 4, 2024
Sweden
Hello all, recently found The Millionaire Fastlane and it really gave me a kick up the backside.

I have worked in IT for many years now, primarily as a consultant in various roles, but I also have managerial experience in the field. I have drifted a bit between various roles in search of that feeling of fulfilment and quite frankly, joy. My latest foray is into project management. All of these different paths I've tried have always led me to the exact same place am now; the final week of my annual vacation period, and I truly feel that deep sense of FT combined with what could best be described as some sort of anxiety over returning to the coal mine. It's been the same every yea, but this year, The Millionaire Fastlane really put those feelings into words, and also showed me a glimpse of what can be.

I want to pursue the entrepreneurial urges I have had for so many years, and building a company from the ground up into something that could sustain me and help me realize my dreams is exactly that. It is time to make that change. I am a driven person, someone that has the ability to work extremely hard to achieve my goals and find success, but the hustle of the 9-5 has completely drained that energy from me. Looking at how much energy I had to put in to essentially fulfil someone else's (the owners of the company in this case) dreams has left me disillusioned and tired, and more importantly, de-motivated. I want to work for me, and making my life as good as it can be. I want to be able to realize my dream of owning a small airplane. I am in the process of getting my license, and looking at how hard and long I had to work a salaried job to get the money to do that horrified me. "There has to be a better way?" And here I am.

What do I want to do? Well, whatever it takes to find that idea that can make me realize the dream. Wholesale appeals to me, IT does not, especially not consulting services. And this is the issue I wrestle with now. Finding the areas to research, getting to find that product that is marketable and sellable, digging into the market demand and ways to promote my business. This is all new, even if I have some experience to fall back on from my current field. I will find something, I have to! It's too much of an opportunity to not try to join The Millionaire Fastlane . I'd be insane not to.

Only question is; doing what?

Looking forward to learning from you all.

Thanks for reading
Henric

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Only question is; doing what?

There are no needs in project management? Nothing in your current domain experience?

Not saying you have to do something within your domain expertise, but that usually is the best starting point as it gives you unique insights.

Welcome aboard.

Henric

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 4, 2024
Sweden
There are no needs in project management? Nothing in your current domain experience?

Not saying you have to do something within your domain expertise, but that usually is the best starting point as it gives you unique insights.

Welcome aboard.
Thank you for the welcome! Yes, likely lots of things in both the PM world and the software world.

I am really good at building teams, identifying people that can contribute to what we are trying to achieve. I am good with people and I value relationships. I can code, but I am not the 20% programmer that does 80% of the teams work, but I can guarantee that I can identify that person in most cases and get them onboard.

These are my mains strengths, I feel. I have unfortunately a slightly traumatized relationship to IT projects, but it certainly isn't out of the question to look into that as well. Not consulting though, staying away from that market as it is highly competitive where I am at.

Also, I terms of taking small steps towards the goal; I reached out to an entrepreneur in whose company I used to be a manager. I want to bounce ideas and just brainpick as he sold the business a while back and is now highly successful in a complete unrelated area.

Step 1 of many on the journey.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...