The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The war against your self esteem

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
The 99% cult is reaaaal.
The cure for lower self-esteem: Martial Arts.
Anything that will put your body to some form of challenge and danger.
It's somehow mimic the death experience (but it's not)
Signaling to your brain that "we made it" after each session.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
The 99% cult is reaaaal.
The cure for lower self-esteem: Martial Arts.
Anything that will put your body to some form of challenge and danger.
It's somehow mimic the death experience (but it's not)
Signaling to your brain that "we made it" after each session.
Also good for stuff like social anxiety I’ve found. Think of the worse case scenario for any interaction, being mocked, rejected etc. now dial that to 100 and put yourself in a controlled situation where you are literally getting punched in the face! I think it’s a good way to brainwash yourself to not fear things as much. Good stuff.

alexXx9

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Sep 4, 2023
100% agree...

Self-esteem is the disposition to experience oneself as being competent to cope with the basic challenges of life and of being worthy of happiness. It is confidence in the efficacy of our mind, in our ability to think. By extension, it is confidence in our ability to learn, make appropriate choices and decisions, and respond effectively to change. It is also the experience that success, achievement, fulfillment – happiness – are right and natural for us.

Do yourself a favor and read the best book ever on the argument...

"The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem" by Nathaniel branden, it's a manual on how to live life properly... the millionaire fastlane is the guide to make businesses that works, the six pillars of self esteem is the manual to the self, atomic habits is the manual to apply the knowledge

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
100% agree...

Self-esteem is the disposition to experience oneself as being competent to cope with the basic challenges of life and of being worthy of happiness. It is confidence in the efficacy of our mind, in our ability to think. By extension, it is confidence in our ability to learn, make appropriate choices and decisions, and respond effectively to change. It is also the experience that success, achievement, fulfillment – happiness – are right and natural for us.

"The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem" by Nathaniel branden, it's a manual on how to live life properly... the millionaire fastlane is the guide to make businesses that works, the six pillars of self esteem is the manual to the self, atomic habits is the manual to apply the knowledge
I'm not sure that happiness, success, achievement & fulfillment are "natural" and a "right." I think it's more of a pursuit. I am sure that achieving a huge life-long goal isn't the experience that most people think it will be. The day after you hit that mark, you will get up and put your pants on one leg at a time just like you did the day before. Happiness is a personal problem and it is created through small personal habits and moments. It is NOT a switch that flips on by crossing a goal off of your list.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
100% agree...

Six pillars is a great book, one of the few books I re-read

LilliPilli

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Nov 27, 2022
Australia
Can’t remember the exact quote but it goes along the lines of “saying affirmations in the mirror won’t make you a confident person. Having an undeniable stack of proof that you are who you say you are builds confidence”.

I wasn’t the most confident person during my teenage years. Then when I got into business in my early 20’s I felt like I had to justify it to people in my life and even strangers who questioned it.

After going full time self employed a few years ago my mindset did a 180. I started getting wins and living life on much better terms with myself and the world around me. I no longer had to prove myself to others as the results speak for themselves. Now I feel like I want to reach higher levels to prove to myself that my internal beliefs about my own ability are true. I also want to honor the good business people around me who push me to be more and who take the time/effort to share their wisdom with me.

This is a great thread @Johnny boy thanks for posting.
Feeling that I have to somehow explain and justify why I'm not going for the Script to others but with nothing to show for it also grates on me, currently in my early 20's. I want to walk the walk before I talk the talk, the other way around doesn't amount to much...your post resonates with me.

I hypothesise saying my 'WHY' instead of 'WHAT' when talking to people who are curious and do ask, is better than awkwardly trying to piece it together for them to try and get 'what' you're doing. It also means not having to be disingenuous because the conversation isn't focused on a partially/entirely non-existent 'what' right now (your fastlane actualising into an actual business system, but you don't have anything to show for it right now), but the 'why' instead; about you as a person. That can lead into other interesting convo.

So one can answer and talk to people without 'talk the talk but hasn't walked the walk' inauthenticity. I'm going to see how it goes.

Last edited:

LilliPilli

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Nov 27, 2022
Australia
100% agree...

Thanks for the book rec, 'The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem' :)) you've probably already heard of 'the subtle art of not giving a Fck' by Mark Manson, I've gotten tremendous value from it, also has wicked humor. Manson states importance of prioritising the values we live for (3 subtleties of not giving a fck, ngaf applies to everything unimportant, including adversity, because you care about something far more important), makes a case for adopting 5 particular internal 100% controllable values, and a few psychological truths such as 'the backwards law'.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.