The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Using Bitcoin to create wealth quickly

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Wael

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 13, 2022
France
S'il te plaît, dis-moi que tu ne peux pas être aussi aveugle.

Dans le monde de l’investissement, vous pouvez sélectionner de nombreuses histoires comme celle-ci, même en actions.

Ça arrive.

Le problème est que, sur un univers de 100 000 investissements, on ne sait jamais lequel des dix fera l’affaire.

Si vous aviez des connaissances particulières qui vous permettaient de trouver et de sélectionner ces investissements – et au bon moment – vous seriez le prochain Warren Buffet.

Vous jouez.

Et perdre votre temps.
J’apprécie votre contribution et merci d’avoir partagé votre expérience. Il est utile d'apprendre de ceux qui ont plus d'expérience dans le domaine. Je suis ouvert à différentes perspectives et désireux d'élargir mes connaissances.

Cependant, je voudrais préciser que demander conseil n’implique pas l’aveuglement, mais plutôt la volonté de comprendre différents points de vue. J'apprécie les idées de personnes expérimentées comme vous MJ et je suis ici pour absorber autant de connaissances que possible.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Also consider this. Where this 110 comes from?

What's worse, this poor guy will likely spend 15 years accumulating such a sum in a job he hates, only to lose it all on his poor investment choice. Only to find himself back at ground zero.

This is how you find people at 40 years old saying, "How did I get here, and with nothing?"

But yea, at least you own 512,000 shares of crypto that is now worth nothing.

BTW: I own Solana and other coins, so this is not a knock on that particular coin.

Wael

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 13, 2022
France
Pire encore, ce pauvre type passera probablement 15 ans à accumuler une telle somme dans un travail qu'il déteste, pour ensuite tout perdre à cause de son mauvais choix d'investissement. Seulement pour se retrouver au point zéro.

C'est ainsi que l'on trouve des gens à 40 ans qui se disent : « Comment suis-je arrivé ici, et sans rien ?

Mais oui, vous possédez au moins 512 000 actions de crypto qui ne valent plus rien.

BTW : Je possède Solana et d’autres pièces, donc ce n’est pas un coup sur cette pièce en particulier.
I totally adhere to the Fastlane philosophy and I am open-minded. I take in all the advice you, MJ, provide, don't worry. I'm only 21 years old and still a beginner in both crypto and entrepreneurship, but that doesn't mean I consider my thoughts to be foolish.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Top 4 Richest in Crypto: Crypto Exchange Owner/Builder (SBF name not removed yet as the article is a bit dated)

Fifth is Ripple CEO: A company and project founder.

None of them a passive investor.

Building a project/Business still beats investing passively.

Crypto Food Chain
Tier 1: Exchange Founders
Tier 2: Project Founders
Tier 3: Service Providers, Influencers (Metamask, Ledger, Bitboy Youtuber)
Tier 4: Early-Stage Bitcoin Passive Investors
Tier 5: All other types of passive investors

The bottom of the food chain is passive investors.

I am not opposed to "Money chasing" so long it is evidence-based money chasing. Not MLM or hoping a coin you have no control going up 20x.

People should stop quoting that this coin making 20x. Instead they should focus on where the real wealth is created in that space.

Last edited:

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
So when was it created? If it wasn't in 2009, I'm very curious to know.
I don't know. Nor do I know who made it. What I can tell you is the first time I heard of Bitcoin was the same day I first used the dark web.

And the first day I used the dark web was when I was 11. I was 11 in 2000. I'd bet any amount of money it had been around for decades prior to that. Back then, Bitcoin was only used to buy shit off of the dark web.

Literally anything you wanted could (and still can be) bought via the dark web and bitcoin.

In regards to who made it, I've heard names over the years, but as far as I know, the names always ended up being bs. Any time I searched, all I'd get is "some Chinese guy," or "some Russian guy," etc.

While I'm not one for conspiracy theories, I do believe Bitcoin, the blockchain, some other cryptos, etc. have been around since the birth of the internet. I'd bet any amount of money it was government-funded. You can deep-dive into this upon going through the history of the internet.

Unfortunately, wherever and whenever there is human innovation, there will always be other humans looking to use said innovation for evil.
Solana went from $8 to $110 in less than 365 days. If you had invested $100,000 when it was at $8, you would have become a millionaire when it reached $110.
Yes, I know. I know because I made money off of it. Did you? Or are you proving my point? I can give you 5-10 other examples of this happening as well. That doesn't mean it'll happen to you, nor does it mean it's a reliable system.

That said, you're specifically referencing Bitcoin in this post. You missed the Bitcoin boat.

Ultimately, to me, all of these "I just want to invest posts" really just scream out "I don't want to have to learn any type of actual skill, or do any type of legitimate work."

But hey, man, if you want to go the crypto route and *hope* it works out in X amount of years, I'm rooting for you.

However, while you chill and hope, we'll be making money off of our businesses.

Cheers.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
Hilarious that people are defending crypto by using hindsight as their investment strategy. Now all you need to do is invent a time machine and you can capitalize on it. Personally, I think building a real business is easier than creating a time machine.

Also, a business that provides value to people only goes to zero when you quit. Can't say the same for other investments.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but that doesn't mean I consider my thoughts to be foolish.

Of course you don't consider your thoughts foolish which is why you started this thread; but I'm telling you (and others) that your "idea" IS FOOLISH.

But go ahead, step into the fire thinking your special sauce is anything new, or novel.

It's not.

Ultimately, to me, all of these "I just want to invest posts" really just scream out "I don't want to have to learn any type of actual skill, or do any type of legitimate work."

But hey, man, if you want to go the crypto route and *hope* it works out in X amount of years, I'm rooting for you.

However, while you chill and hope, we'll be making money off of our businesses.

X1000 = money chasing.

Everyone has a dream to simply click "Buy" and 10 years later, they're wealthy beyond measure.

This is why lotteries are played by millions.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
If you look at any asset class that was a bubble, crypto exactly fits that parameter.

Any asset that can’t fully recover from its losses is a red flag. Not to mention the amount of hysteria, fraud and greed surrounding the asset.

It’s just that most people don’t have enough investing experience. This has repeated over and over in different assets.

You have to be “all in” if you wanna bet your future on crypto. In other words you have to be willing to live in your car and have nothing to show 10 years later.

chazwazzer

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Jun 22, 2022
Of course you don't consider your thoughts foolish which is why you started this thread; but I'm telling you (and others) that your "idea" IS FOOLISH.

But go ahead, step into the fire thinking your special sauce is anything new, or novel.

It's not.

X1000 = money chasing.

Everyone has a dream to simply click "Buy" and 10 years later, they're wealthy beyond measure.

I went through the fast lane again recently - am I thinking about this correctly?

FL wealth equation leverages business systems to fund your money systems. If holding Bitcoin was considered money it would be better to build the business system first and then funnel some percentage of that profit into the BTC money system?

Anyone that has experience with BTC should have experience with the taxes and holly sh*t that really complicates life keeping track of that stuff. If you earn staking rewards or yield farm rewards it just ramps complexity up even more. BTC is not anonymous, it’s a open ledger and unless you plan on never transacting in a major currency at some point you have to get the crypto though the on ramp where you connect to your bank account. In the states the IRS is hunting down people that didn’t pay 14$ in taxes owed ( I got a bill for 14$ last year no joke). Crypto has become corrupted once wallstreet got involved. My 2 cents is just stay away from it and focus on building business systems ( i went all in on crypto up to the 2021 bull run top and luckily sold near top after getting bad vibes on the whole ecosystem. )

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I went through the fast lane again recently - am I thinking about this correctly?

FL wealth equation leverages business systems to fund your money systems. If holding Bitcoin was considered money it would be better to build the business system first and then funnel some percentage of that profit into the BTC money system?

Anyone that has experience with BTC should have experience with the taxes and holly sh*t that really complicates life keeping track of that stuff. If you earn staking rewards or yield farm rewards it just ramps complexity up even more. BTC is not anonymous, it’s a open ledger and unless you plan on never transacting in a major currency at some point you have to get the crypto though the on ramp where you connect to your bank account. In the states the IRS is hunting down people that didn’t pay 14$ in taxes owed ( I got a bill for 14$ last year no joke). Crypto has become corrupted once wallstreet got involved. My 2 cents is just stay away from it and focus on building business systems ( i went all in on crypto up to the 2021 bull run top and luckily sold near top after getting bad vibes on the whole ecosystem. )
SEC is also cracking down on almost all big name projects for being unregistered securities.

At the top with exception of btc, eth and dogecoin, no one is spared.

SEC has been waiting all the while for the pigs to grow before slaughtering them, to blackmail them with maximum fine possible.

Wael

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 13, 2022
France

It's not.

X1000 = money chasing.

Yes, you are right. In hindsight, I realize that my idea is foolish. In the short term, I should focus solely on establishing a Fastlane business, and later, after a few years, invest the profits from the business in cryptocurrency, the stock market, and/or real estate.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I invested in stocks for a while and thought the same way: "Ah, but stocks will bring me to the Fastlane" - nope. Never was, never will be & never should be.

I only invested in stocks because they should have an intrinsic value - crypto has no use except for the black market. But my experience of stocks vs business? I've found making a business to be so much more straightforward.

Perhaps if you're in microcap, you'd make a sizable return, but the main problem I had with investing was that you'd get into wraps with SO MANY factors for a silly 10% gain on your £1000. You'd do hours of research & predictions to have a factor come out of left field or the management being plain stupid.

Great things about businesses:
  • you don't have to listen to whatever the FED farts, or what XYZ analyst is babbling about or the hundreds of sell-side analyst sheep. You don't go around in loops of "What's my diversification split?" or "Mmm, should I sell or buy because it's XYZ price??"
  • Value creation is easier. You can implement new products/features/marketing/value skews and immediately generate value. A stock certificate sits there and looks pretty.
  • Most importantly, you can provide FAR MORE VALUE & hence the return is greater. 20% is an AMAZING return in the stock market. That's great if you have +£1mil to play around with, but if you're starting, a £100 gain doesn't move the needle for Fastlane. Multibaggers are rare in stocks and are only maybe 2x/3x. A good business can easily do that.
The other gripe I have in stock investments is that they are riddled with schemes to fleece you. Crypto is far worse.
  • Sell-side analysts are biased to put a buy rating on stocks because they benefit from your transactions.
  • YouTubers sell their private investing community with no track record of actual returns.
  • There are all sorts of crappy investing courses.
  • There are a lot of CEOs who will serve up cool aid for you to drink & fleece you of your capital.
So not only do you have to sift through if a stock is good, but you have to search if the information you're receiving is good.

The only form of investing that makes sense to me is dividends with a lump sum.
  • Pick a boring company (can manufacturers, soap detergents, real estate) - make sure an idiot can run it because, at some point, it likely will be one.
  • Get a 5% dividend yield alongside some stock appreciation, and then have those companies pay you a salary from your lump sum.
  • These companies are so dull that they will likely be pretty constant. Therefore, they don't have any stress about what happens. Your principle is more protected, and you can skim a dividend if you wish.
By the way, crypto does none of this. The only thing you can rely on is technical analysis, which is a star sign for investing.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I invested in stocks for a while and thought the same way: "Ah, but stocks will bring me to the Fastlane" - nope. Never was, never will be & never should be.

I only invested in stocks because they should have an intrinsic value - crypto has no use except for the black market. But my experience of stocks vs business? I've found making a business to be so much more straightforward.

Perhaps if you're in microcap, you'd make a sizable return, but the main problem I had with investing was that you'd get into wraps with SO MANY factors for a silly 10% gain on your £1000. You'd do hours of research & predictions to have a factor come out of left field or the management being plain stupid.

Great things about businesses:
  • you don't have to listen to whatever the FED farts, or what XYZ analyst is babbling about or the hundreds of sell-side analyst sheep. You don't go around in loops of "What's my diversification split?" or "Mmm, should I sell or buy because it's XYZ price??"
  • Value creation is easier. You can implement new products/features/marketing/value skews and immediately generate value. A stock certificate sits there and looks pretty.
  • Most importantly, you can provide FAR MORE VALUE & hence the return is greater. 20% is an AMAZING return in the stock market. That's great if you have +£1mil to play around with, but if you're starting, a £100 gain doesn't move the needle for Fastlane. Multibaggers are rare in stocks and are only maybe 2x/3x. A good business can easily do that.
The other gripe I have in stock investments is that they are riddled with schemes to fleece you. Crypto is far worse.
  • Sell-side analysts are biased to put a buy rating on stocks because they benefit from your transactions.
  • YouTubers sell their private investing community with no track record of actual returns.
  • There are all sorts of crappy investing courses.
  • There are a lot of CEOs who will serve up cool aid for you to drink & fleece you of your capital.
So not only do you have to sift through if a stock is good, but you have to search if the information you're receiving is good.

The only form of investing that makes sense to me is dividends with a lump sum.
  • Pick a boring company (can manufacturers, soap detergents, real estate) - make sure an idiot can run it because, at some point, it likely will be one.
  • Get a 5% dividend yield alongside some stock appreciation, and then have those companies pay you a salary from your lump sum.
  • These companies are so dull that they will likely be pretty constant. Therefore, they don't have any stress about what happens. Your principle is more protected, and you can skim a dividend if you wish.
By the way, crypto does none of this. The only thing you can rely on is technical analysis, which is a star sign for investing.

My friend—you get it.

This is legendary to the point, I'm gonna copy it to its own thread and immediately mark gold.

A

Anon45x4yB

Que pense MJ du Bitcoin ? Dans « The Millionaire Fastlane », il est dommage que MJ ne discute pas (rapidement) des crypto-monnaies et de la manière de les utiliser pour créer de la richesse. Selon moi, cela peut être un moyen d’accumuler des richesses très rapidement. Si vous entrez avec 200 000 $ au bon moment (lorsque les prix s’effondrent), vous pouvez en sortir millionnaire. Je m'intéresse à la crypto depuis maintenant deux ans et j'ai acquis une certaine expérience. J'ai appris que la crypto suit des cycles de quatre ans, et mon objectif d'ici 2028 est de mettre de côté 150 000 $ (grâce à mon activité fastlane) afin que lorsque les prix s'effondrent, je puisse acheter au maximum, et pendant la course haussière, je vends. et récolter des bénéfices importants. Je crois que cette stratégie fonctionne. Robert Kiyosaki dit : « Pour savoir ce qui va se passer dans le futur, j'étudie le passé ». Je remarque qu'à chaque fois qu'il y a une faillite ou un événement majeur qui fait chuter la crypto (comme le crash de FTX, par exemple), tout le monde pense que c'est fini, et puis une course haussière arrive. Mon plan est donc de mettre de côté 150 000 à 200 000 dollars pour le prochain cycle. Dites-moi ce que vous en pensez et comment vous voyez le Bitcoin et les crypto-monnaies pour la création de richesse.
Ekip 667
Lis ceci
Post in thread 'Why stocks, bitcoin, and crypto will NEVER be Fastlane.'

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads