The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web Development

The business of web design

David Flanagan

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 3, 2023
Looking to start a new website. I know that there are plenty of web developers and website builders online, but wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a website builder / web host?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Feb 11, 2019
What's your business idea/model?

It depends on the functionality.

Assuming you don't have any relevant background:

If ecommerce/online store - Shopify, has every feature by default, affordable, easy to use.

If a regular business website, or a service-based business - WordPress + Divi Builder. Not extremely simple but doable for a starter, very customizable, and very affordable.

Definitely, do not even think about code unless that is absolutely vital for your business to function. Customers don't care how your website is built as long as it's clear, relevant, and looks good.

eifesu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Dec 21, 2021
Looking to start a new website. I know that there are plenty of web developers and website builders online, but wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a website builder / web host?
I can chime in and make another recommendation: Webflow

It is pretty much my go-to when I have to make a landing page for a client. It’s pretty much like Wordpress, it’s more modern and is very much batteries included.

The templates available look solid and you might just find exactly what you need on there.

But it would help knowing a little more on the specifics of the website itself as @Devilery said, for a better judgement on what tool is most appropriate.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Feb 11, 2019
I can chime in and make another recommendation: Webflow

It is pretty much my go-to when I have to make a landing page for a client. It’s pretty much like Wordpress, it’s more modern and is very much batteries included.

The templates available look solid and you might just find exactly what you need on there.

But it would help knowing a little more on the specifics of the website itself as @Devilery said, for a better judgement on what tool is most appropriate.
I personally love Webflow, recently started using it and it's amazing if you truly want to impress with design.

However, even though I had used WordPress, ClickFunnels, etc. for years, Webflow felt quite complex. It has a steeper learning curve than WordPress and even steeper than Shopify.

I wouldn't suggest it to someone with 0 experience in building websites and no budget to hire an expert.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.