What's new

Well, you've just got to read my intro

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

leebut

Contributor
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hello everyone,

I'm glad to be here, and I am reading through the Millionaire Fastlane .

So, why have you just got to read my intro? Keep reading to find out, but first, I've got to say, my journey on to the fast lane comes late, but that will not deter me in the least. If I see the money at the back-end of my life, that's better than not at all, and it'll be a great cushion of wealth for my son.
I'm 53 now, and I've always been 'interested' in coding, but now realise that interest should have been commitment. From when I was young, I was reading computer magazines, typing in the rows upon rows of BASIC commands into my old Atari 400 computer, from the glossy pages with the wafting scent of printed ink. Debugging, well, more like "What they hell?" moments, sifting through the haystack of data statements to find the thin needle of the typo of a digit or a comma instead of a dot proved to be challenging. When the program worked, I felt great. With that in mind, it goes without saying that computing, as it was in the mid 80s, was my favourite class in secondary school, but that changed when the bullying started, not daily, but enough for me to not relish the next double period of things being flicked at me from behind. I was shy before then, and was certainly more so after that experience.

So, at 16, I went from school into the required job, never being taught anything different from the education system. The school even had a bounded stack of paper given to each pupil that matched jobs and industries to groups of school subjects and grades. That 'slow lane' job was actively encouraged. The job search didn't take long. On my second interview, I got a job as a telephone engineer at staggering £1 GBP per hour. I did enjoy that work as I had to travel around a lot and got to play with wires.

I was at that place for a decade and never really got anywhere despite doing a great job. While I was there, I did come up with an idea for a new way of using calling cards with audio technology, which I presented to the chairman of the company. I had tested my idea with a Dictaphone pen, and repurposed that to call phone numbers. A short time after that, I was told that the company would start making them. I went to the chairman's office and asked him to put my name on the patent. "Good idea", he said as he opened the door. "Why are you showing me the door?", I asked him. He told me that never had any employee in the history of the company put their name on a patent. I told him that it was MY idea and that I am not in the R&D department, where people get paid a lot more than I do. In hindsight, I should have taken my idea to another telecommunications company.

Let's skip the few other jobs and MLM I did, and on to why you had to read my introduction. I managed to miss the fast lane twice! I had a couple of ideas, which were related to my interest in computing. This was at a time when the 'information superhighway', as it was called in the UK, was a blistering 56Kps, and you could hear the internet every time you hopped onto the phone line to dial up. There were no smart phones back then, and web 2.0 was something for the future.

IDEA 1
With the limited knowledge I had of HTML, I started building a website where local restaurants would pay a fee to have their menus posted. Visitors would be able to click select boxes to chose the items from the menus, and when they submitted the form, it would send the order as an email to the restaurant. The restaurant would then confirm the order. I was told that it was a bad idea, and I also didn't know how to integrate payments. As well as the technical aspects, those bullies at school made me nervous and shy about telling business people about my idea. So my 'headwinds' were other people, my own lack of knowledge and thanks to those in computer class, a malformed personality, or is that just blame? My on-ramp to the fast lane was in front of me, but I took a detour. Of course, that business concept became massive. That was on-ramp 1, and the slowlane doesn't allow U-turns.

IDEA 2
Being someone who went out clubbing on those two evenings of freedom, one evening I thought about why we (my friends and I) were waiting for cabs, sticking our hands out, only for most of them to drive by full of warm, dry passengers. And what about those waiting alone, exposed to the elements and perhaps some unsavoury characters? My second idea was very similar to idea 1m and at around the same time, but for pre-booking taxis. As with idea 1, firms would register to the site, and pay a fee or a percentage of each booking. People would fill out a form, with the pick-up time and location, and the email system would confirm the booking. But people told me that it was no good; they call to pre-book taxis. My own experience showed me that the cabs didn't always turn up, and there was no record of my request. So, as before, the next fast lane on-ramp was there, but I carried on going straight ahead because I listened to others and lacked knowledge of payment systems. Well, that ideas turned out to be great for Uber and DiDi in another massive industry.

Today, on a hard drive, I still have those beginnings of websites that should have been, and had I completed them and showed them to the world, my introduction today would have been about how I made it big on the fast lane, and how I own two companies in among the largest industries going, but instead it's about how I managed to avoid the fast lane on-ramps by not swishing off my headwinds, and continued life on the slow lane of ignorant bliss.

THE NEXT ON-RAMP IS GETTING CLOSER
All is not lost. Thanks to M.J. and reading the Millionaire Fastlane , I am rejuvenated, coding a new idea. I’m learning PHP coding language and SQL for the database, and so far, I’ve got parts of the system securely working. It may not be the prettiest code, but it works, and that’s the main thing. I can refactor it when the money starts coming in. This time I WILL learn about payment systems. I am looking forward to when I can post about my fast lane success.

Last edited:
Zuas tvusz tvsolit ni et tonomes vu nztimg xovj iesmz feccmoph op dunqavist, dufi, epf henit.

Vufez, vji dsievoup qsuditt puxefezt ot e muv ietois. Qeznipv tztvint? Katv qmahop Tvsoqi epf zua'si fupi.

Juxiwis xovj ietois ipvsz, dunit jesfis iyidavoup. Tu xjomi ov nohjv ci ietois vu dsievi vji eqqiesepdi ug wemai, ov't nadj nusi foggodamv vu evvsedv cazist cideati vji dunqivovowi mepftdeqi ot ges hsievis.

Ximduni ecuesf.

O en muuloph gusxesf vu xjip O dep qutv ecuav nz getv mepi tadditt.

O’n timg-veahjv op Dunqavis Tdoipdi epf Dunqavis Iphopiisoph. O’n e fannz epf jisi O en MUM.

Emvjuahj vji vxu esi foggisipv. Dunqavis Iphopiisoph xuamf ci vji piyv tviq egvis Dunqavis Tdoipdi.

Puv e cef esie vu opwitv voni epf iggusv.

Zuas tvusz tvsolit ni et tonomes vu nztimg xovj iesmz feccmoph op dunqavist, dufi, epf henit.

Vufez, vji dsievoup qsuditt puxefezt ot e muv ietois. Qeznipv tztvint? Katv qmahop Tvsoqi epf zua'si fupi.

Juxiwis xovj ietois ipvsz, dunit jesfis iyidavoup. Tu xjomi ov nohjv ci ietois vu dsievi vji eqqiesepdi ug wemai, ov't nadj nusi foggodamv vu evvsedv cazist cideati vji dunqivovowi mepftdeqi ot ges hsievis.

Ximduni ecuesf.
Vjepl zua gus zuas siqmz, NK.

O'wi katv sief vji djeqvis ecuav Ipvsz. Xjomi dsievoph e xictovi vjiti fezt ot et tonqmi et vimmoph ep EO xjev zua xepv, ov xuamf piif upi jidl ug e muph qsunqv vu dsievi xjev O'n caomfoph. Vjot ot nz gostv qsukidv, epf ov ot qisjeqt e cov coh, cav og O nefi tunivjoph ietz, iwiszupi xuamf ci fuoph ov, epf et zua nipvoupif op vji cuul, xjip iwiszupi ot fuoph ov, vjev't tunivjoph vu ewuof.

Vjepl zua gus vji Tvsoqi voq.

Emm vji citv,

Mii

O’n timg-veahjv op Dunqavis Tdoipdi epf Dunqavis Iphopiisoph. O’n e fannz epf jisi O en MUM.

Emvjuahj vji vxu esi foggisipv. Dunqavis Iphopiisoph xuamf ci vji piyv tviq egvis Dunqavis Tdoipdi.

Puv e cef esie vu opwitv voni epf iggusv.
Vjepl zua, tudoemfafi.

O duptofisif fuoph vjev gsii Jeswesf DT50 duasti, cav uqvif vu caomf tunivjoph optvief. Topdi O ipkuz miespoph pix vjopht, DT epf DI duamf ipf aq up nz neq. Vjeplt gus vji tahhitvoupt.

Zua lpux, nepz fannoit vjopl foggisipvmz vu uvjis qiuqmi. Eqqesipvmz, O "vjopl tofixezt" cideati O jef e foggisipv ofie vu iwiszupi imti upi voni. O haitt vjev nelit ni e fannz, vuu. :) O'f sevjis ci e fannz up vji tjusi vjep ci up cuev xovj vji dsuxf emm nuwoph vu upi tofi ug ov.

Xjip O xet zuaphis, qiuqmi opvu vidj xisi meahjif ev epf teof vu ci "pisft" us "hiilt", epf xisi hipisemmz otumevif, cav pux ov tiint vjev iwiszcufz ot upi; vjiz emm dessz dunqavist op vjios ceht epf qudlivt, qsivipfoph vjev vjiz esi qjupit.

O dep tu simevi vu jewoph exituni ofiet epf puv gummuxoph vjsuahj egvis cioph vumf (cz tmuxmepist) nz ofiet xisi 'fanc'. Upmz vu gopf uav ziest mevis vjev tuniupi imti xipv ejief epf jef xomf tadditt.

Mivt muul ev vji qutovowit:​
  • Zua qovdjif vu vji djeosnep epf ji molif zuas ofie epf gummuxif vjsuahj. Vjev't JAHI duphsevamevoupt! Vjev vuul cemmt epf zuas ofie xet qsuwip. Qmat zua miespv e mittup, piyv voni tuniupi davt zua uav, zua'mm hiv vji qevipv zuastimg epf tjuq ov vu tiwisem dunqepoit.​
  • Zua'wi jef nusi vjep upi getvmepi ofie epf iedj xet ejief ug ovt voni. O hiv vji giimoph zua jewi nusi op vji qoqimopi emsiefz - vjiz'si qsucecmz ejief ug vjios voni et ximm.​
O xuamfp'v xussz ecuav tadditt dunoph mevi... 'vji cedl ipf ug zuas mogi'. NK op jot cuul quopvt uav ov nohjv puv edvaemmz veli vjev muph (o.i. 20 ziest) . Vjot gusan et tiwisem qsuhsitt vjsieft vjev finuptvsevi qiuqmi jewoph onqsittowi tadditt op apfis 12 nupvjt ug veloph edvoup iwiszfez.

O dep'v xeov vu tii xjev zua duni aq xovj piyv.
Huuf madl!

Vjepl zua gus zuas siqmz, Nodjimmi.

Xi dep upmz miesp gsun vji issus ug uvjist.
O xet peowi cedl xjip O jef vjev qsufadv ofie, epf vji uvjist, vuu.

Sohjv pux O'n xusloph up e qsukidv vjev nez ci vuu coh gus nz tlomm miwim, cav, O'n fuoph ov epzxez, epf miespoph jux vu fu ov.
Ov't huoph vu duppidv nepz esiet ug catopitt vuhivjis vjev esi, ev vji nunipv, gsehnipvif edsutt wesouat xic qmevgusnt fuoph tiqesevi vjopht.

Nz tztvin xomm jewi nepz tasgedit, tu vjev foggisipv qiuqmi epf catopittit dep emm cipigov gsun ov. Ov't huoph vu ci e namvo-vuum. Ov natv ciduni e, "zua jewi vu ci up vjot us nott uav" tiswodi.

O'mm jewi vu fivisnopi vji nupvjmz dutv (gsii gus xevdjist), xjodj O vjopl xomm ci voisif eddusfoph vu vji raepvovz ug qiuqmi qis ushepotevoup. Uvjis qesvodames atist xomm ci ecmi vu apmudl feve quopvt vjev e atis jet emmuxif, xjodj emtu cipigovt vjin xjip eqqmzoph gus tmux mepi kuct, xjodj nelit ov e cipigov-vu-cipigov gus cuvj qesvoit. Ov't puv ecuav DWt/sitanit, cav ov ot ecuav qsuwofoph qsuug.

Vji uwisjieft gus ni xomm ci xicjutvoph epf funeop vu tvesv, epf vjip e tiswis et ov hsuxt, hiudufoph epf vomoph gus opvisedvowi neqt.

Katv jzquvjivodem jisi: $15ATF - $30ATF q/n vu siedj vji iphmotj-tqieloph catopitt xusmf. O fup'v piif vu djeshi vji Iesvj xjip vji quvipvoem siedj ot tu meshi.

Duptofisevoupt:
* Datvunist op uvjis duapvoit nez siraosi ni vu qutv gomopht us uvjis mihem tvagg, tu vjev't epuvjis vjoph vu sitiesdj.
* Qsowedz - O fup'v xepv vu ciduni e feve miidj. Vji tiswodi natv upmz qacmodoti xjev atist xepv up vji xic epf puv simz up vjuti eft vjev tveml (vsedl) qiuqmi.
* Tiv aq e monovif moecomovz dunqepz
* Xezt vu iptasi atis tegivz

Sohjv pux O'n xusloph up e qsukidv vjev nez ci vuu coh gus nz tlomm miwim, cav, O'n fuoph ov epzxez, epf miespoph jux vu fu ov.
O giim moli vjot emm vji voni! Vjev't xjz O'n jisi up vji gusan, vu miesp gsun vjuti xju esi xeeez tnesvis vjep ni.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom