The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your Lambo? (What are you working for?)

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I don't mind someone's hard reply, since there's a chance they might point out a defect in me that I wasn't noticing. I also know it'll be different; I've been thinking of going for it at least for a few months and see how it goes.. I just reread my post and yeah.. it sounded like I'm lazy and want it handed to me--which I'm not.

I know how odds work, but.. I genuinely believe that odds can be bent if one knows enough about a subject/industry to compete in it and be the best, alongside with some business concepts. Well, whether the learning curve is a waste of time or not; it is the only way.. I actually haven't made any large amounts of money; which eats away at me sometimes.. so I have no idea whether keeping money is a skillset; I only know that I have to fight off inflation by investing it; which in itself is a large subject to dive into/learn.

You guys have a nice winter over there!

Thanks.
If you can do it without going through the learning curve, go for it. BUT, I can tell you that I don't know of anyone who has made it without going through that process. That's problem #1 -- how to make money.

Problem #2 -- You might start at least looking at the skills needed to keep money once you make it. You don't make a pile of money and then gain those skills. They are habits that you start to build with every dollar that you make. Why? Without those skills, you'll never have a pile of money to invest. No matter how much money you make, you must know how to control your expenses and use your cash flow wisely. You can't accumulate what slips through your fingers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
My lambo is to never have to raise my children in a government robot-producing institution. My daughter is 3 already, and there is absolutely no way in hell I am raising them up as some brainwashed idiot robot.

I will find a community of like-minded (and successful) individuals with children, and they can socialize with them. They can go to museums, and zoos, and travel and learn through experiences rather than by sitting in a desk and being taught to the lowest common denominator. The idiot in the class dictates the rate at which everyone can learn.

They can learn how things work in different countries, how money works, how to produce, what has happened in the past in different areas of the world. Not some spoon fed curriculum to make them think that where they reside is the greatest place in the world.

I want to be able to spend real time with my children. Not just a few hours a day after getting home from a desk job where I hate my life and they get some miserable husk of a father.

Sofia Schulz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 7, 2021
This is an interesting and smart question.
The first thing that comes to my mind is "survive". This is the first basic reason why a lot of people work. However, it's not the only one. I personally work because I like what I am doing, I work to learn every day something new, I work also for reputation. Finally, I work because I am ambitious, I want always to go one step further.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
My lambo is to never have to raise my children in a government robot-producing institution. My daughter is 3 already, and there is absolutely no way in hell I am raising them up as some brainwashed idiot robot.

I will find a community of like-minded (and successful) individuals with children, and they can socialize with them. They can go to museums, and zoos, and travel and learn through experiences rather than by sitting in a desk and being taught to the lowest common denominator. The idiot in the class dictates the rate at which everyone can learn.

They can learn how things work in different countries, how money works, how to produce, what has happened in the past in different areas of the world. Not some spoon fed curriculum to make them think that where they reside is the greatest place in the world.

I want to be able to spend real time with my children. Not just a few hours a day after getting home from a desk job where I hate my life and they get some miserable husk of a father.
definitely an FTE for you, with the oldest growing up and all that... have you found such a place to teach your children? thoughts? experience? homeschooling?

wanttogofaster

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Sep 2, 2019
Being able to easily help everyone without even thinking about it, wondering if we can afford it or not, etc.

As an example, I came across a go fund me campaign for someone trying to raise $5000 for chemo and other treatments. I helped, but I would have loved to just give the full $5,000 and be done with it!

WashiEstFR

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 27, 2021
Hi ! I'm pretty sure I'm only working for "Freedom", like, if a day, i wake up like "i wanna be in Russia before the night", i can ! I don't want to ask myself, all my live, if i have the sufficient funds ! And I want absolutely to achieve all of my dreams, maybe start a movie studio ? And ofc, make my parents proud !

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My lambo is to have the ability to lead a jetset life with my immediate family. For example, flying to Anchorage for clam digging on a whim.
I just drive there to Anchorage... But the clam digging is much better on the other side of Cook Inlet from us...

door123

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Apr 4, 2020
West Coast
I just drive there to Anchorage... But the clam digging is much better on the other side of Cook Inlet from us...
exactly, I visited Clam Gulch this July, but realized that I would need to cross over the cook inlet to dig for razor clams legally.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
To break free from the Corporate America world. To move away from solely relying on One Income source, to never have to experience a Performance Improve Plan ever again let alone to not have to experience it once more. To not be let go due to the company thinking that I am no longer valuable (we are all cogs of the system).

To prove my parents wrong, to never have to worry about money ever again, to actually help others and make an impact. To help uplift one another. To never be in debt, ever again.

To never have to experience this feeling of loneliness, being single, with 4 cats, in my apartment. I've worked at one goal and one goal only. To make $100k per year. But I made poor choices along the way and yet these choices lead to my downfall to where I am at today.

"Don't be afraid to start over again. This time, you're not starting from scratch, you're starting from experience" -Peter Dinklage.

Financial Freedom is what I desire.

Reading The Millionaire Fastlane has opened my eyes to a whole another world and all of it makes sense. I took the red pill and now my friends/family don't understand what I say nowadays.

But I thought about it and it makes perfect sense, we will always teach the same narrative to our children and to their children. "Get a job, get good grades" etc... etc...

Someone within your family tree has to stop this generational creed or else we will all live our lives with regret.

Where do I see myself in 10 years? I am still planning this til this day, but I for one do not want to be in the same apartment in the next 10 years playing video games while being alone. I don't want this life... It's not fun.

Last edited:

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

I’m not super interested in cars (though owning a lambo or Ferrari for weekends and date nights wouldn’t be terrible) - it’s always been about freedom.

Customers pissing you off? Cool, book a trip to an island because you can, and come back and see that you still made money.

Or as an investor, no customers at all. Even better.

Having money is great, but not if you have zero time with your kids. My dad always made great money as a business owner but I was so sad because I often couldn’t spend time with him. Some people have it even worse - my dad still managed to go to sports games and occasional trips. But the freedom is so great!

RussRussman18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 8, 2016
Louisiana
I believe that in the not so distant future, the general economic and sociopolitical state of civilization will continue its current downward trend, to the point that most people on planet Earth will live an embarrassing slave life, with no privacy or agency. I want to put myself and my family in a position to avoid this nightmarish hellscape

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
Don't worry, Zuckerburg's "Meta" will save the day, one VR headset at a time.

I imagine that we'll be in a world where a virtual comrade will check our Meta health for vaccination records before allowing us to use an electric vehicle to go somewhere and we'll be tracked the entire trip.

I'm fully vaxed and boosted, but between the vax stuff and the commie movement, this is becoming 1984.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Don't worry, Zuckerburg's "Meta"

Very sad and an insult to the prefix. Instead of people looking inward and studying something like metaphysics. Zuck wants people to look outward and be controlled.

Arithen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 13, 2021
Canada
This one may be a bit unusual, but I've always been absolutely fascinated with animation, so my 'lambo' is producing an anime adaptation of the novel I've been writing. First draft is done, second draft is half way through, and the third draft is a chapter in. Over the last year I've put a lot of effort into understanding writing, 2d and 3d animation, cinematography, marketing, and the works.

I've had this dream for decades now, and will do whatever it takes to obtain the capital needed to see it to fruition. Keep in mind, though, that this itself is not my plan to scape the grind of the slowlane, but rather, the end goal once I've created a unrelated company to achieve it

basedzoomer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 7, 2022
Everyone in my family & extended family are job people. I want to break the norm & be an entrepreneur.

PhillipD

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 4, 2021
Denmark
My "Lambo"?
the ego reasons: A really cozy farm in the Danish countryside, equipped with a home gym, garage, and woodshop.
a Dodge Ram 1500 Limited, and a Harley Night Train custom chopped.

and to just have the freedom of location and time! to be able to work with whoever I want, when I want. to be a part of some cool start-up projects that fancies my interest

the not-so ego reason: to send my son to a private school, to retire my parents, do good for my community.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My "Lambo"?
the ego reasons: A really cozy farm in the Danish countryside, equipped with a home gym, garage, and woodshop.
a Dodge Ram 1500 Limited, and a Harley Night Train custom chopped.

and to just have the freedom of location and time! to be able to work with whoever I want, when I want. to be a part of some cool start-up projects that fancies my interest

the not-so ego reason: to send my son to a private school, to retire my parents, do good for my community.
In my experience, you start with the not-so-ego reasons and move slowly on to the others.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Most people hustle to show up and impress other people...
I hustle to disappear and get away from other people.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I sure agree with you. Life is sure a lot easier IF you chose to live below the radar.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I've been living 20 minutes out of town the last 6 months. Only a smallish acre block but we don't see our neighbours properties unless we reeeeally try.

Whenever I go into town now I can't imagine living so close to people ever again. The other day we were at a really expensive multi million dollar property on the water but his next door neighbour had a child throwing a ball at their shared wall the whole time and on the other side you could hear someone using their toilet lol. And this is also in an area where I constantly see people driving alone in their car wearing a mask.

Living on a nicer and larger property further out of town has become my lambo. I actually felt like I didn't really have a definitive "lambo" for some time there.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I've been living 20 minutes out of town the last 6 months. Only a smallish acre block but we don't see our neighbours properties unless we reeeeally try.

Whenever I go into town now I can't imagine living so close to people ever again. The other day we were at a really expensive multi million dollar property on the water but his next door neighbour had a child throwing a ball at their shared wall the whole time and on the other side you could hear someone using their toilet lol. And this is also in an area where I constantly see people driving alone in their car wearing a mask.

Living on a nicer and larger property further out of town has become my lambo. I actually felt like I didn't really have a definitive "lambo" for some time there.
We live in the woods in rural Alaska. It's a real comfort to have some space.

farouqali

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 16, 2021
I admire this habit, because it assures me the freedom to focus on what I set my mind to do.
some people brag about what they have achieved on a short time. its okay to motivate others to take action,
but "Not every one will be happy of your achievements".
the Envy from others does take away your energy to achieve better results.
"keep it under your hat, until its complete. and you can share it within your Circle of like minded friends.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Whenever I go into town now I can't imagine living so close to people ever again. The other day we were at a really expensive multi million dollar property on the water but his next door neighbour had a child throwing a ball at their shared wall the whole time and on the other side you could hear someone using their toilet lol.

I never get it. People spend millions to live in these luxurious villas yet they're so close to other people they might as well live in a cheap house or apartment.

To me, privacy is worth much more than living in an expensive house. I'd rather live in a simple one and have a lot of space than live in a showy house and deal with the BS you described.

As for this:

Completely agree with this. I have very few material goals but having big land with nice view where I don't see any neighbors and have a lot of space is one of them.

basedzoomer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 7, 2022
So, what is your first step?
Coming up with a value-skewed business idea & executing it.

A funny one I had was pizza delivered to you in 5 mins or it's free. I've used the value-skew principle on creating my resume, & got positive responses from it. I know it'll work for a business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.