The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your motivation to make a lot of money?

Anything related to matters of the mind

mikeross17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jan 29, 2024
Hello fellow Forum Members!

I'm thrilled to share my very first post with you all.
We're all aware that money is a necessity in life. The real question is how much we earn and the means by which we do so.

Around two years ago, I delved into the book "Unscripted ," which fundamentally changed my perspective. Despite this, I found myself trapped in the ideation phase, barely heeding the author's advice to start now - immediately. Regrettably, my efforts often resembled a fruitless mental exercise, lacking substantial action.

Yet, there's been a transformative change in another aspect of my life. This experience made me realize the value of action over mere contemplation.
Last year I transformed my body and since then, I go to the gym regulary and follow a strict diet plan.
I got some great results, which in turn, motivate me to go even further, and become better.
Clearly, this would have not happened if I would have just been thinking about going to the gym for one year, without actually doing it.

This revelation led me to think: Why am I capable of achieving consistent, incremental success in fitness, but find myself stagnant in financial growth?

The answer that comes to mind is that I had experienced a breaking point last year.
I recall a moment of epiphany, sparked by a Mike O'Hearn meme. It was a stark realization of life's brevity and my regrets over lost opportunities during the COVID period. This ignited a fierce determination to make the most of my time and my body, especially as I turned 25, recognizing the fleeting nature of youth and the urgency to achieve a great physique. The clarity of my vision and the emotional weight I associated with it were pivotal in this transformation - I must achive a great physique, there's no other choice.

However, when it comes to my financial ambitions, I find myself adrift. My goals are nebulous, lacking a concrete plan or vision. Unlike fitness, material extravagances like luxury cars or the latest tech gadgets don't particularly motivate me. While I yearn for financial prosperity, my vision for it remains unclear. I've become complacent with my modest earnings, losing sight of why I aspired to wealth in the first place. I believe this is what is holding me back.

This brings me to my query for this incredible community: What drives your pursuit of wealth? What does your vision of financial success look like?
I'm eager to hear your stories and insights, as I believe they could be instrumental in rekindling my own financial ambitions and breaking out of this stagnation.

Looking forward to your valuable perspectives!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

samuel95

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 23, 2022

We're all aware that money is a necessity in life. The real question is how much we earn and the means by which we do so.

Around two years ago, I delved into the book "Unscripted ," which fundamentally changed my perspective. Despite this, I found myself trapped in the ideation phase, barely heeding the author's advice to start now - immediately. Regrettably, my efforts often resembled a fruitless mental exercise, lacking substantial action.

Yet, there's been a transformative change in another aspect of my life. This experience made me realize the value of action over mere contemplation.
Last year I transformed my body and since then, I go to the gym regulary and follow a strict diet plan.
I got some great results, which in turn, motivate me to go even further, and become better.
Clearly, this would have not happened if I would have just been thinking about going to the gym for one year, without actually doing it.

This revelation led me to think: Why am I capable of achieving consistent, incremental success in fitness, but find myself stagnant in financial growth?

The answer that comes to mind is that I had experienced a breaking point last year.
I recall a moment of epiphany, sparked by a Mike O'Hearn meme. It was a stark realization of life's brevity and my regrets over lost opportunities during the COVID period. This ignited a fierce determination to make the most of my time and my body, especially as I turned 25, recognizing the fleeting nature of youth and the urgency to achieve a great physique. The clarity of my vision and the emotional weight I associated with it were pivotal in this transformation - I must achive a great physique, there's no other choice.

However, when it comes to my financial ambitions, I find myself adrift. My goals are nebulous, lacking a concrete plan or vision. Unlike fitness, material extravagances like luxury cars or the latest tech gadgets don't particularly motivate me. While I yearn for financial prosperity, my vision for it remains unclear. I've become complacent with my modest earnings, losing sight of why I aspired to wealth in the first place. I believe this is what is holding me back.

This brings me to my query for this incredible community: What drives your pursuit of wealth? What does your vision of financial success look like?
I'm eager to hear your stories and insights, as I believe they could be instrumental in rekindling my own financial ambitions and breaking out of this stagnation.

I take money as an attribute. If I move towards my vision and create the value that people want, the money will come. But the most important thing for me is freedom and time. Time cannot be bought back. The main thing is to live according to yourself and not be trapped in a script.

Maxkaz

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jul 19, 2023
Israel
Hello and welcome!

I am quite new here and not too far on my entrepreneurial journey (just 12 hours ago got my first payments from b2b customers ever, yeay!) but I think I can answer this question for me because development of this motivation took me most of the last 6 months since my "F*ck this" event.

My FTE basically destroyed my life and all my motivational chains - I had nothing and almost no-one to care about, to do something for. All of that I had to re-invent during this months.

My first stage is nicely summarized by the question in an epic "Apollo 13" movie, stated by Gene Krantz character: "What do we have on that ship that is still working?". After I lost my family, friends and career in the weeks before my FTE, I had only my beloved pets left. So I resolved to have the best for them and this was my "why"for getting out of bed each morning.

I soon found out that in that emotional wasteland it did not really mattered to me personally if I am laying on a bed for the whole day or running errands for 16 hours and 20+ km walking every day. Everything seemed as if an old and not too fascinating computer game. There rose my second motivation - if it feels like a game and if I can equally play it any way - let me play it the way that "future me" (when and if my emotions return) will thank "present me" for my current efforts.

Thirdly came "the Pull". When all the wheels I was pushing, started to turn, came the thrill of receiving thank-you`s and satisfaction of needs. I once again was a provider, a protector, a strong person who settles people problems and this is now my primary motivation - that sense of purpose which grows every day with every business action and achievement.

Money is the glue which holds it all together. Money feed my dogs and cats in purpose 1. Money will give "future me" the opportunities I want for him in purpose 2. Money are an indication of how much value I provided to the people around me in purpose 3.

Lastly and most importantly, my FTE taught me a negative lesson too. I realised (with great and disturbing surprise) that I was holding myself back in my development as an entrepreneur for most of my life, because deep inside I was scared that I will lose my trust in peoples` motivations when interacting with me. Deep inside I WANTED to stay poor so that I know that every bit of affection I get from the people around me was genuine and not dictated my meterial goals. My FTE made it clear for me and also irrelevant. I was destroyed by this realisation - that me being poor was my way to build trust with others. So I violently uprooted this notion when I found it. Communities like this one are of great help here - where you can "friend up".

Iron Wolf

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 18, 2024
I have very deep reasons, just ask yourself 5 times why and you will have a very deep reason(s)

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Because financial inadequacy has real life consequences.

Money has always been an unspoken tension within the relationships between people.

Even wealthy people related by blood fight and quarrel over money.

Having enough of it ables you to have better chances to ride out the tough waves of life.

The barbarians sacked Rome because they can’t afford to pay the gold and silver coins demanded.

Ultimately moneys means the power of control in your personal game called life.

90 percent of the population work in jobs they hate to please their “loved ones” who blamed them making too little to improve the situations in life.

Without sufficient money like most people, you are literally like playing a game of chess having to move your king every single move because you keep getting checked.

Last edited:

BrightAhead

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Dec 22, 2023
- I became more and more sensitive to the lack of freedom that implies not having FU money. Society, especially in the US is designed to enslave the lower societal tiers. More and more I am disliking the idea of someone else dictating where you spend your time, where you sleep, or how much time you spend far from your family or loved ones. My younger self did not directly relate freedom to money, ignoring one of the most evident realities in life.

- I am getting more and more nervous about the idea of being susceptible to the financial unexpected, and I am working to minimize or directly solve that.

In my business, I am blessed by the chance of helping people who on top of that, have been abused by higher-ups in the food chain, and that is a great perk. Also, seeing that made me promise that I would NEVER allow that to myself or my family (again, as most of us had experienced that reality at least a little).

FU money = Freedom
Freedom = Key to the ability to enjoy life

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.