The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

whether to buy a drone to expand the services of my marketing agency | Feedback needed

Idea threads

szalek

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 21, 2023
Hi

Short back story on me.
I am developing a marketing agency that is focused only on helping one industry. My first goal was to code online app (system) that will be an advertising portal for my clients. My current goal is to get clients for my ads FB campaign to theirs offers on my online app. I am trying my best to get client this week I sent 2 offers. Now I have to convert these people for leads.
So my main goal is to start making money from FB ads. I am only 17 and I am working part-time in real marketing agency and I am amazed what guys from this marketing agency can do with drones and video marketing.

About video marketing.
I have to clients that are my friends so I will have playground to learn how to record videos from drone (I thought about buying dji mni 3 Buy DJI Mini 3 - DJI Store) only problem is whether such a move makes sense. I know that video marketing is not just about the drone but also about a lot more other equipment. But you have to start somewhere. I know that if I bought a drone I would have to offer my services to more than just one industry.

I have this question for you guys:
Does anyone have any experience with viedo marketing at all?
What is the process of customer acquisition and what are the rates?
Is it profitable to record shots on stock sales? Adobe stock, shutterstock

I know that in my industry the service of doing drone footage can work as a lead magnet. I'm in the business of facilities for short term rental like airbnb. And a lot of owners of such facilities take pictures from the ground with their smartphone, which is why I consider buying a drone better than a professional apart because Joe won't take aerial pictures with his phone (commandment of entry)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
450%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Not quite sure what your question is.

Do you focus on marketing agency?
The app?
The drone opportunity?

I know that in my industry the service of doing drone footage can work as a lead magnet. I'm in the business of facilities for short term rental like airbnb. And a lot of owners of such facilities take pictures from the ground with their smartphone, which is why I consider buying a drone better than a professional apart because Joe won't take aerial pictures with his phone (commandment of entry)

Find a customer and then buy the equipment.

szalek

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 21, 2023
Not quite sure what your question is.

Do you focus on marketing agency?
The app?
The drone opportunity?

Find a customer and then buy the equipment.
This is a little bit complicated. App is integrated with marketing agency. I can't sell ads without my app. My app is place where any one can put theirs offer for free and after that I try to convert people into FB ads campaigns or I am trying to get client for my FB ads services but only provided that my ads are displayed on my app. Before anyone thinks this is stupid about 70% of my clients don't have web page (that means I can't turn on my FB ads) and they are not willing to pay me a lot of money to create web page. Therefore, my application and marketing angency are two connected things. In my mind this is win win. One will be using my app that have everything that is needed for them and one will be getting money from ads leads and my app will grow and I will get reach and new users. I am developing this for year and I don't want to be a quitter because I know that a lot of potential this have.

But one thing simply must be said. How I'm doing in b2c marketing. In b2b i.e. acquiring leads for me so far I just can't cope.

Right now I am trying to get my first client that is not someone that I knew before. I try to get a client for COLD traffic. E-mail marketing brought me the best results but they aren't satisfying for me. COLD calling sucks or (I think have more probability) I suck at cold calling. About 80% of calls I got rejected in first 5s of call. But I love warm calling. And this is point when I am stuck. The farthest I've been able to get with customer acquisition. It's getting the lead (personal information) a long conversation with the lead. I am letting people talk about their problems in business. And then sending an offer, and here I am so far at a standstill I have no feedback from these leads as to whether they even read my offer. Tomorrow I will call one person, the day after tomorrow I want to know if they want to advertise or if our paths will fall apart.

And now here's the thing: I'm thinking of a way to also have a product that isn't high-tick. That is, drone photo and video services is the only product I have come up with that is thematically related to my app and marketing agency and will be a development and not a revolution. I am looking for a way to get positive feedback from people (social proof). I don't have enough data to know why I don't have any response after sending the offer. Maybe it's its that b2b needs time or my offer is weak or people think I'm a scam.

And here's the problem that buying a drone is not $5 and no one knows if I'll ever be able to get any customers for it. Therefore, I would like to know if anyone has experience in video marketing.
Video marketing is something I will need to promote locally with flyers, for example. My ads are offered to people all over the country maybe this is a mistake.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs yearly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.