The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WTF does Tai Lopez do?

Guru

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
This was by far the biggest value Tai Lopez offered to me imo.

I ordered his 67 steps program but actually haven't even watched any of the videos yet. But when you order and login to his site he has a book club section where he recommends a book every 2 weeks. I looked at his previous recommendations and ended up spending several hundred dollars on some very excellent books that he has recommended.

Yeah, that's the most value I got out of him. If nothing else, he's a good source of book recommendations. He hasn't recommended one I didn't like yet.

Not sure about his 67 steps or academies, as I've not bought them. My guess is they're not that great.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Not sure if this even deserves my time but unfortunately, I need clarity.

From Tai's website:

"Tai went on to become a Certified Financial Planner and worked in the world of finance before becoming a founder, investor, advisor, or mentor to more than 20 multi-million dollar businesses while settling in the Hollywood Hills."

Can anyone point out where he amassed his wealth from this paragraph? Because I can't.

What was the name of his businesses? As far as I can tell, there is really no substantial evidence that indicates he didn't make his money before he started pushing his content.

Expert content marketer, yes. I will bow to that truth.

But I will conclude that he made his money from regurgitating other people content until someone tells me I'm wrong.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

blueoceanblues

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Feb 1, 2015
Florida
"Tai went on to become a Certified Financial Planner and worked in the world of finance before becoming a founder, investor, advisor, or mentor to more than 20 multi-million dollar businesses while settling in the Hollywood Hills."

LOL Yeah. Nothing on angel.co or crunchbase.

BTW: The earliest interview I've seen on the guy. 2012.... http://www.epiclaunch.com/interview-with-tai-lopez-insight-into-the-direction-of-social-media/

He mentions a Brazilian dating site, that no longer works.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

BTW: The earliest interview I've seen on the guy. 2012.... http://www.epiclaunch.com/interview-with-tai-lopez-insight-into-the-direction-of-social-media/

He mentions a Brazilian dating site, that no longer works.

Interesting...

I should go look him up on Reddit. I'm sure whatever dirt there is (if any), they've dug up.

He definitely lives in the Fastlane, but we obviously have our doubts if he used the Fastlane to get there.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013

Both of those sites are shit.

While I agree the odds are in the favor that he should/would show up for something ( if he was involved in 20+ ), I have been a core part of several companies that did millions and I am only listed for one of those companies, on only one of the above mentioned sites.

He could have slipped through the cracks as I did, or removed himself from them ( you can from Angel ).

I also find that new-ish companies are the only ones that get the full breakdown of all core members on these sites, not companies that are older ( like the ones I worked for in the 90's and early 2000's ) or companies that are not listed anywhere else or talked about ( like my single member LLCs ) even if they do millions.

Last edited:

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Jul 25, 2016
Honestly I think Tai is a genius. Not from the info i got from his courses, but from him as a person.

Basically, position self as an authority of books and knowledge (his 'book club' and book shelves, and reading 1 book a day)
-show success via materials
-preach that it's the books and knowledge that creates success every chance you get
-say that you got there by reading a book a day, you have a big book club, you have all these books, etc. people trust your opinion.
-they want to be wealthy too, so they should read books like he says. what books though? of course, check his website for his recommendations, he's read so many after reading a book a day that surely his recommendations are the best. affiliate profit
-say hey, i know everyone doesn't wanna read a book a day, but since im so wealthy and have read so many, i condensed it into 67 steps if you want to skip all of the hard work and reading. just buy the 67 step course as a shortcut. info product profit
-if you want more free content, watch my youtube videos. click bait to get some initial views and an ad, youtube ad money profit.
-look, if you did all that and you're still hungry for more, we have a whole program you can join and learn. recurring info/teaching profit

I think it's really clever.

Not to mention he does SOMETHING with this house to where he's renting out space from it at all times, he always has photo shoots, trainers, coaches, podcasts etc going on at his place and I know he's getting compensated for it. I think he rents out a huge lavish spot and lets it pay for itself through renting out the amenities, like the courtyard, basketball court, tennis court, gym, pool, etc.

Don't forget, he makes the audience feel not guilty about wanting to be rich. Money is just 'fuel units.' The lambo is just a 'reminder.' And he was broke too, use to sleep on a couch just like you and me. He can live without material possessions too, he just likes to enjoy them. I mean, duh, he lived with the amish for so many years. And he remains calm and emotionless at all times to make it a serious, non emotional, get richy bs thing. He makes it nonchalant and makes you feel not guilty.

There's no stone left unturned. This is how I see it.

Yeah, there is some hidden upselling though which convinced me to never order any of his other products. When you order his 67 steps program (for what was described as a one time payment of $67) you are automatically signed up to his "INSIDERS book club" which is $67 per month unless you cancel. This annoyed me and definitely convinced me there is some dishonestly in his marketing. Usually with products like this there is at least some fine print that says you are signing up for a subscription, but there was nothing like that with this.

DrunkFish

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 25, 2015
Missouri
Yeah, there is some hidden upselling though which convinced me to never order any of his other products. When you order his 67 steps program (for what was described as a one time payment of $67) you are automatically signed up to his "INSIDERS book club" which is $67 per month unless you cancel. This annoyed me and definitely convinced me there is some dishonestly in his marketing. Usually with products like this there is at least some fine print that says you are signing up for a subscription, but there was nothing like that with this.
Like I said, I don't care about getting his products. I'm not looking for inspiration from his stuff. I am just looking at him as a person and his business model. Yes it is unfortunate he has an unethical recurring fee, although 99% of these subscriptions do. I'm sure there is fine print somewhere, but if you can't see it, it's unethical. Most places don't even let you cancel without jumping through 50 hoops either, haha. Not sure about Tai, but like i said, I'm looking at the business model. Not the nitty gritty of his products and whether theyre 'worth it' or not or whatever.

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
My BS meter goes off with Tai Lopez. Having to show off a Lamborghini and a big house to prove his point?

I don't know exactly what products/services are being offered but it seems like a low level internet seminar ripoff. He may be withholding content in order to get someone to VIP status. I also don't think he's the best guy to learn from. From what I've read if it's about $67/mo and paying for mentor calls then I really do think it's a ripoff. At least you won't be out a couple thousand compared to other seminars (as far as I know but I could be wrong).

Last edited:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Seriously?
15 pages of rummaging through someone else's dirty laundry?

remember that gossip press is read by 42 % of people. at least in France but i think this is the same number or so in the USA.

gossip, TV, press, talks in bars etc.

all these things are useless stupidities but are needed by the human race

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I don't think gossip press is read by even 1% of people who actually got life.

yes

but anyway, i don't care about people doing gossip about me if they are giving me money in return

and this is Tai Lopez winning mindset.

the end justifies the means .

i don't understand people doing business and seminars at 80 while they are rich ( bob proctor, brian tracy all these guys )

if i won the lottery , you wouldn't see me again on this forum playing the business guy. ever

in fact i would give my business books away or cast them

and forget about all this BS and pain of work to become free

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
How much money do you need?

thanks for paying my bills. oh my god.

i have been waiting for this moment for all my life

millions of dollars , fame and all these things of capitalist system are for you guys . this is your level and understanding of life. be the kings and so on

but i am not like you

for god's sake , let me be free with my time back and bills paid

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
thanks for paying my bills. oh my god.

i have been waiting for this moment for all my life

millions of dollars , fame and all these things of capitalist system are for you guys . this is your level and understanding of life. be the kings and so on

but i am not like you

for god's sake , let me be free with my time back and bills paid
Tu as crazy

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
For 18 easy payments of $89.99 I'll give you the 46 vague secrets to building a successful business that gives people vague secrets to building successful businesses.
I could be wrong but does anyone have extensive experience regarding YouTube analytics? (If such is even possible to see any stats other than your own...?). I think v-logging is ridiculous or how videos that I would assume are being watched mostly by the young generation of kids/teens but maybe I'm wrong... I know v logging is overly saturated but what are some ballpark numbers on profits for say having 1 ad at the start of a video...? I'm guessing a few pennies at most? On the other side does anyone have ballpark knowledge on the cost if advertising on YouTube?

The only reason I ask is out of pure curiosity as I lay here about to sleep I just had a 5 minute TAI video pop up...

5 minutes... That's has to be a few hundred grand if not more to spam on thousands upon thousands of videos if not over a milli?

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
oh gosh just had to post.

I signed up for the webinar.
what do I see ?
the dude is checking his phone / drinking protein drinks / eating.
hello ? over 1k people logged on. few objected including me.

this was a replay but built up like live.
did not learn one single thing.
posted that amazon is now one hour delivery in the pacific nw.
tai time is of the essence. over 1k people watching this ?! hello ??
Why are you watching it?

That's why a certain 1,000+ people are also but nobody from here...

DEADZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 1, 2017
Digital Nomad
Tai is just good at Internet Marketing. He started off by renting a lambo and making advice videos on youtube and launched his 67 steps course on clickbank. Which had some good success. From there he built up his list and money, and continued to market his webinars and do "free giveaways" like Ipads, Iphones, etc so people really started getting on his list just for the free giveaways at some point. Later on he went into youtube ads which brought him more money. And he also made products about this whole process of his which he then marketed on his list and channel. And now he's built up enough money to feauture hot instagram models and hangout with celebrities which brings more traffic to him and his products. I used to promote his offer. + I was on his list and webinars.

But I agree with what this guys says:
I have no idea who half the people you guys talk about are. Just get to work, for F*ck's sake.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
How much do you wanna bet he will never promote any of MJ's books cuz they will lead people to this thread LOL
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe he did. Of course, I could be mistaken as it could have been someone else and I'm confusing the two.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium

Summer Adams

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 9, 2017
Riviera
from a philosophical point of view, this is what america promised anyway to migrants 200 years ago : the good life

i am not trolling, check your history books before accusing me.

View attachment 14080

Tai Lopez never forced 800,000 people to watch his videos

he gives the market what it wants.

I don't consider followers, likes, views to be "success", nothing more than a foot in the door
I have no problem with Tai Lopez at all. I think his business model works (for now)

Last edited:

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
Just saw a commercial by him today. I think it was on Youtube.
He shows a black Lamborghini he claims to own.
WTF does he do? I haven't seen him do anything except talk about books, books, books
and utter an endless stream of platitudes.
Is he just some kind of self-styled success guru or does he have a real business?
Is he trying to be the next Warren Buffet? The next Brian Tracy?
I heard Warren Buffet is always reading.
I don't have time to read a bunch of general advice anymore.
I just need to hustle and get a lot of work done.
I got a bunch of good work done today, which is good.
I think I'm in the zone now.

*Spongebob magic conch voice* NOTHING.....

Van Halen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Mar 3, 2017
United Kingdom
I read somewhere he made his wealth investing in dating websites years back. Now hes a viral ad that sells some mentorship course, which costs $67 a month!

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
I read somewhere he made his wealth investing in dating websites years back. Now hes a viral ad that sells some mentorship course, which costs $67 a month!

All you can do is laugh because hey.....his business model is definitely Fastlane!.....a subscription based business is one of the best ways to obtain cash flow.....

Fortune5ive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 24, 2017
New Jersey
Well...playing devil's advocate, I just saw that Tony Robbins upcoming California seminar starts at $1300/pp and the same information is essentially being given. So, how can one be a scam and another not be a scam if both are preaching wealth, entrepreneurship and self-motivation?

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
Well...playing devil's advocate, I just saw that Tony Robbins upcoming California seminar starts at $1300/pp and the same information is essentially being given. So, how can one be a scam and another not be a scam if both are preaching wealth, entrepreneurship and self-motivation?
Dude, hundreds of people get burned (literally) on Tony Robbins' seminars! He uses all the cult like mind control techniques on Earth! And he charges thousands of $ for a seminar in which he tells people to save %10 of their income and invest it in major BS! Do you see where I'm going?

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Love him or hate him, Tai is an entertainer, a marketer and an online celebrity.
He's the epitome of "fake it until you make it" and he made it.
Oh, and he also made about $5,000,000 off of one affiliate offer.

Fortune5ive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 24, 2017
New Jersey
I've listened to some of his ads before watching videos and I can say he has pretty sound advice. Nothing too dreamy or convoluted.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.