The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WTF does Tai Lopez do?

Guru

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Well whatever he's doing, he must be doing it right because he's got you guys up in a tizzy.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Tai Lopez is a college drop out. He use to work at GE Capital. He is an owner of a nightclub business in Hollywood. Tai Lopez went on to become a Certified Financial Planner. He worked in the world of finance before becoming a founder, investor, Keynote Speaker, advisor, or mentor to more than 20 multi-million dollar businesses.

Now he does business mentorships online, inner circles, conferences and runs his "67 steps program"

He also runs a podcast “The Grand Theory of Everything” and a Youtube channel.

He lives in Beverly Hills and drives a black Lamborghini Gallardo

And I believe he makes an estimate of 2-3 million dollars a year and counting
Proof? Sources?

I think hes full of shit.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Tai actually brought me here. I was about to watch a you tube video on home improvement, 99% of the time I don't even notice the adverts and skip straight past. This time his video caught my eye, he had my interest. I went to his website, watched his video and then he asked for $67 dollars. I thought right I am going to Google his name and some key words to see what he is about. I noticed some results had been removed under the data law protection, that made me suspicious. I also found a thread on here and I thought 'what the hell is millionaire fastlane '. Needless to say I did not buy Tai's '67 steps' but I bought Millionaire fastlane instead, after reading reviews on Amazon.

I have been self bettering for a few years now studying part time while working long hours, so that's why Tai's video caught my eye, he had my interest I wanted to be successful and he appeared to have it. He is very articulate guy I am sure many people actually parted with their $67 dollars. I am glad I watched the video as I found Millionaire Fastlane as a consequence.

Its only been a couple of weeks since I started reading the book but my attitude to life has already changed.I have an obsessive personality (my gf will vouch for that), i used to fill my time with hobbies. No longer am I wasting time on Fantasy football, Xbox etc . I am using my spare time to gain knowledge. I now listen to audio books when I am doing the dishes, having breakfast in the morning and on my drive to work. Time I would of spent listening to crap on the radio or TV. That over 10 hours a week for of being read to without any effort! The best thing about it is that I am actually enjoying the process so far.

And there ya go folks. This is how you sell books.

I never met you.
I never sold you.
I never put an ad in front of your face.
I never spent a dime to convince you.
Content was created and you found the content.
The surrounding content convinced you of value.
Value convinced you to buy.
I added one book sale to the growing number.

None of the above is easy. Of course if it was, we'd all be authors who could claim selling $1M+ in books.

Product. Platform. Process.

Welcome aboard @Jambla.

He's my father.

51064066.jpg

Gamaur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,150%
Jul 3, 2015
AU
I owe a big thanks to Tai.

Like many here, googling him brought me to this forum, and now I've found what seems like a legitimate resource for guidance and motivation. Hats off to him.

From a casual observer's perspective there's a lot of confusion flying around about the guy, and without meaning to sound like a neckbeard, many claiming support for him probably haven't done a lot of research. That or we just have very different standards with regard to talent and success, and I guess that's fair enough.

The reason everyone's searching for him is to validate their suspicions of bullsh*t. Here's a summary to make that process easier:

Tai Lopez did NOT build is wealth honestly.

He's a classic snake oil salesman that has made most of his money through fraudulent dating and life coaching websites. There's already a link to a blog in this thread that shows all of this in detail, but for the sake of anyone in the TL;DR boat, here's a quick look at Tai's online ventures under his business name 'Elite Global Dating, LLC':

meetingmillionaires.com
elitemeeting.com
modelmeet.com
mythailove.com
ifyouresingle.com
eliteglobaldating.com
curvyfitness.com
millionairemagnetsystem.com
millionairelifecoach.com
findadate.com
datetallmen.com
elitemeet.com
justmillionaires.com

Take the meetingmillionaires.com as an example, if you follow the link you'll be taken to a site listing eligible millionaire bachelors (only males) in your geographical vicinity who are apparently as desperate as the target demographic. I happen to live in Melbourne and unfortunately Tai wasn't smart enough to exception his own profile from the sites BS location algorithm:

f2a2edbf-ed14-44e3-bc56-1cf2ad59eff4.png

Aside from the obvious fact there's no such thing as a genuine haven for desperate millionaires looking for online love, the above serves as evidence to the fact none of them are real profiles. Fraud.

Complaints sample from the same blog post:

After cancelling my subscription they still took payments from me! I then deleted my profile and advised my bank about their fraud but they still keep going!! My bank says they have to pay money out but refund me the cost. I wonder do I have to keep paying them forever! Countless emails to their costumer service without reply. Its not only scam but real FRAUD!

-allyka Complaintsboard.com 2014 (This is 1 of about 100-200 complaints on the site over a span of 5 years!!!) I bought an information product from this company and did not sign up to become a member. After checking my VISA statement, I noticed that they had charged me over $200 for a monthly membership fee that I had not authorized. I have contacted my bank and they have cancelled that VISA card. Beware to anybody who has any dealings with Elite Global Dating.
-Ken consumeraffairs.com 2013

Too bad that Tai Lopez is a thief, liar and commits fraud. Other than that, sure, great person to listen to. Be aware, Tai Lopez is a bad person who only wants your money.
-Carrie EpicLaunch.com 2012

Elite Global Dating LLC Tai Lopez, This is a fraudulent dating site. They send fake emails to enduce you to pay for their bunk service.
-Anonymous Ripoffreport.com 2011

SCAM ALERT DON'T DON'T DON'T SIGN UP TO THIS SITE. IT IS A SCAM! Do I FEEL LIKE A DUMB BLONDE FALLING FOR THIS? YES!!! I am not a dumb blonde, but should of, could of, would of..... Check into this, I hope these guys get what is coming to them. Karma!
-Madeline Trustlink.org 2010

The owner of eliteMeeting Tai... is the most unscrupulous dirtbag on the planet... funny how he even comes on this site, and creates a whole lot of negative votes for everyone that has a complaint against his site and super props to every stupid positive shameless promotion of his site... We know it is you Tai... get lost you stupid scammer...
-Poker Complaintsboard.com 2009

This isn't just forums on the internet. They also had complaints filed against them with the Better Business Bureau.

As with all online scams the number of complaints is only representative of a fraction of the issue. Tai isn't stupid, he knows who his audience is, and he knows how to manipulate them. He's capitalised heavily on the lack of online fraud policing and traps society's most gullible customers in a vortex of deceit and red tape.

So what about his apparent legitimacy these days?

For the sake of his apologists, and full context, let's talk about his strengths for a second:

- He's a smart, confident guy and a good orator, a skill he's developed a lot more since the TEDx talk he constantly refers to.
- He has above average wealth.
- He networks very well.
- He understands his market very well.
- He's extremely determined.
- He's charismatic.
- If you've never come across a motivational speaker before, many of his lessons have at least a few good points to take away.

Why you should be dubious:

- He speaks in broad, borrowed platitudes that add zero to the academia of success. There are much better and more genuine examples available to you.
- His successful image is mostly bluffed to give the impression of credibility, when in reality his apparent wealth was never earned through the lessons he preaches, but through fraud.
- He self-aggrandises significantly more than he shows an interest in making anyone else successful. When choosing your mentors, choose those with the most conviction to help you. Tai Lopez is only concerned with getting you to pay him, and I guarantee you that anyone stupid enough to follow him without question will never find the success they are looking for.
- He's a subclinical or clinical sociopath. That isn't a vacuous statement; it's an assertion based on his behaviour, personality and intentions. He really doesn't give a sh** about anything but boosting his own self image and taking your money.

I remember reading 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' the week after it was featured on Oprah and being so inspired I immediately wrote a real estate investment plan for myself. I was 15 at the time. I've been interested in stories of success and motivational speakers ever since. On the back of seeing this thread I've investigated 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' as much as I can without reading it, as well as reading MJ DeMarco's website bio, and I have this observation to make:

The Millionaire Fastlane is the real deal.

The person behind it is someone who shared the same relationship with success that Chris Gardner had. He saw a better life for himself that he didn't realise was available to him previously. Coincidentally, both were through the experience of meeting a luxury car owner. When choosing mentors and role models I strongly believe your decision can be helped by understanding the conviction of your teacher. Of course any self-helper has to be self-aggrandising and milk things as much as is reasonable, but that needn't mean they don't genuinely want other people to share in their experience. After briefly reading through this site I believe it to be a genuinely helpful resource, run by someone genuinely interested in helping you.

Contrast all of this to Tai Lopez for a second. He's trying to win you over by putting up a front of being well-connected, reading a book a day, living in the hollywood hills, and driving a lamborghini. He has fabricated his own credibility in such a way that he will eventually be in all the rooms he's claiming to be in for real, but that will never change the fact he's a fraud with nothing new to say, who's lessons will never pay for themselves.

Seek a mentor elsewhere, like this place.

Last edited:

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I think I am in the "just post some useless stuff" zone here.
Where is the button for negative REP when you need it?
Seriously.

You make people click on a topic not providing any value
and just wasting our time.

What was the reason you posted this? On another thought:
I am so fed up about the wasted time, don't bother to answer
as I am not coming back to this thread.

MEH.

I have no idea who half the people you guys talk about are. Just get to work, for F*ck's sake.

I think the problem is that many people (past-self included) have no real life mentors and turn to gurus and similar people to "mentor" them by reading all their material. There is also this pandemic fear of picking up the phone and becoming friends with people you want to be like.

The real steps to a mentor include asking direct questions of people who aren't trying to be mentors. These aren't people blasting about how much money they make or how many powerful friends they have.

They aren't writing books or "making it rain" or telling the masses what to read on their podcast.

They are people who you want to be like in 20 years.

So here are the questions I ask myself: Who do you want to be in 20 years? Who is your role model?

Then contact them with a simple question that they can answer in 5 seconds and try cultivate a relationship. This is my future self, after all.

In my experience, this is the kind of info and engagement that will help way more than any podcast or $1000 course on how to make money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Jambla

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 2, 2015
UK
Tai actually brought me here. I was about to watch a you tube video on home improvement, 99% of the time I don't even notice the adverts and skip straight past. This time his video caught my eye, he had my interest. I went to his website, watched his video and then he asked for $67 dollars. I thought right I am going to Google his name and some key words to see what he is about. I noticed some results had been removed under the data law protection, that made me suspicious. I also found a thread on here and I thought 'what the hell is millionaire fastlane '. Needless to say I did not buy Tai's '67 steps' but I bought Millionaire fastlane instead, after reading reviews on Amazon.

I have been self bettering for a few years now studying part time while working long hours, so that's why Tai's video caught my eye, he had my interest I wanted to be successful and he appeared to have it. He is very articulate guy I am sure many people actually parted with their $67 dollars. I am glad I watched the video as I found Millionaire Fastlane as a consequence.

Its only been a couple of weeks since I started reading the book but my attitude to life has already changed.I have an obsessive personality (my gf will vouch for that), i used to fill my time with hobbies. No longer am I wasting time on Fantasy football, Xbox etc . I am using my spare time to gain knowledge. I now listen to audio books when I am doing the dishes, having breakfast in the morning and on my drive to work. Time I would of spent listening to crap on the radio or TV. That over 10 hours a week for of being read to without any effort! The best thing about it is that I am actually enjoying the process so far.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hey guys thanks for participating in this thread. You've got it ranked page 2 on Google for keyword "Tai Lopez"! I was doing some research about Tai Lopez, mainly his business model and Youtube, and stumbled on this forum. Next thing I know, I've read both MJ's books and Mind=Blown.

Shhh! You're exposing my sales funnel. :smuggy:

RobP

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 10, 2014
Raleigh, NC
The bio posted earlier is mostly accurate but Tai lives in the Hollywood hills, not Beverly Hills, and didn't even own a car until recently buying the Lambo. It appears he only bought the Lambo to pull views to his Youtube videos since that's what a lot of the younger crowd notice and respond to. Regardless of the minutia, he's obviously a very wealthy and successful guy.

And I'll add this: I went to junior high (aka "middle") school with Tai and we were friends in the seventh and eighth grades. If I were an aspiring entrepreneur I would pay some serious attention to what he has to say because to be where he is now from where he came from is pretty damn miraculous. Poor family. No father in his life. Zero advantages. He's definitely a smart guy but just like everybody else he started from nothing. He's now trying to impart what he's learned over the last 20 years in life and business that took him from broke to doing very well to anyone that will listen, mostly for free. I'm listening. I've narrowed down the list of people I gather information from to a very select few and he's one of them.

Last edited:

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Tai Lopez is a college drop out. He use to work at GE Capital. He is an owner of a nightclub business in Hollywood. Tai Lopez went on to become a Certified Financial Planner. He worked in the world of finance before becoming a founder, investor, Keynote Speaker, advisor, or mentor to more than 20 multi-million dollar businesses.

Now he does business mentorships online, inner circles, conferences and runs his "67 steps program"

He also runs a podcast “The Grand Theory of Everything” and a Youtube channel.

He lives in Hollywood Hills and drives a black Lamborghini Gallardo

And I believe he makes an estimate of 2-3 million dollars a year and counting

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
^^^ this. Like mentioned in another post, he's what lead me here. After watching his 2 hour video (which I knew was a hook to sell something) I still got a bunch of takeaways. Didn't buy his program because as stated, you can still find good value in his free stuff on youtube if you're looking for the right things. After the video I realized I was being a lazy a$$ and began reading more.

Funny, the other day I was wondering "man, how the hell did I even find TMF ?" After seeing this topic come back up, I realized I had googled him and found this amazing forum. Saw someone talking about TMF and bought it instantly. MJ's book is infinitely more valuable to me because it explains process and has tons more to take away. Tai's videos are good for an overall change mindset adjustment, but watching a video titled "How I went from being broke to buying a Lamborghini" with no actual explanation of process was just disappointing. He says his method to reading a book a day is skimming, which I often have to do in his videos sometimes.

The point is: If he's giving people value they're willing to pay for, good for him. Who cares about what he does? I'm certain it's from his website, which if used on the waybackmachine, you'll see has been around for a few years.

It might not be what you're looking for, but its value for others. Since getting TMF, I've decreased my lopez time and increased my FLF and TMF time which has lead me to start taking HUGE action in my life. Free marketing of TMF from Tai Lopez.

Interesting that you pretty much exposed the TMF sales funnel.

Google Search on XY or Z.
Content found on Forum.
Discussions and recommendations of TMF rampant
TMF purchased.

In this case, it looks like this thread (and Mr. Lopez) has turned into a great TMF "Trip Wire" <== I know you marketing guys will love that!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
A few thoughts:

What I never understand is, if you're smart enough to do blackhat, then use those smarts to do whitehat, AND get positive word-of-mouth.

You can fight Google's really smart 27,000 employees, or you can have them LOVE you and have 27,000 really smart employees HELPING you.

As soon as I associated Frank Kern with a product called "Mass Control", I put him into a certain camp, and won't trust *anything* he says... because I think his moral compass is skew.

"How you do anything is how you do everything."

So they make a lot of money?

How much more would they make if they understood/believed that

"R + R = Profit"

where R + R = Repeat Business + Referrals

How much money are they leaving on the table by not putting their customers' interests first?

This is definitely a case of I'd rather be right than rich.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
To me he fits into the whole Internet Marketing world -- Fastlane, to me, is about creating real value.

The video really testifies to the kinds of thought-rifts we deal with here with some people that come and go ... there's a difference between being a marketing douchebag with a crap product, and an entrepreneur that provides real value. We can do without the MMO / IM crowd who think "the product is irrelevant" (as preached in the video) -- the means doesn't justify the ends just because you line your pockets with money. A turd dipped in sugar is still a turd-- and that just makes you the turd selling it.

A must watch vid.

Last edited:

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
"I buy every book. I don't read them all, but imagine if you have investor over for dinner, and he sees all those business books, he'll be comfortable investing in your business."
I'm sorry that's the dumbest shit I ever heard.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
SO I have been avoiding this thread b/c I really don't care who Tai Lopez is or what he does. BUT I was glad to see it has transformed into something of interest to me.

Seems like this thread is really boiling down to marketing in general.

Do you market with numbers, or with complete honest transparency?

My personal experiences:

I have made a lot of money in affiliate marketing, but I am eager to get away from it for many of the reasons stated all over this forum. I make my ads based 100% on numbers. Statics of what works better. I know that if I am selling a skin cream for women then I have to make sure I use pictures of good looking women to portray the product and make it out like it will make their life so much better if they reduced some of the blemishes and wrinkles and how their friends will be jealous blah blah blah. Basically full on marketing. Playing on peoples dreams and painting that picture. The same sales tactics that have been used to sell everything.

My biggest issue is I don't control the products I sell. I have no idea if they work at all or if the offer owner is even shipping out the product to the customers. I have ZERO control of that. I just bring the sales int through the door.

So I decided to start my own product line.

A straight sale, no strings attached physical product. It's a great feeling knowing you have full control of the entire business. However, I still market in much of the same ways. I still paint the picture of what my product can do and paint it in it's best light. I do not think that is wrong at all. I still use (mostly - i do have lot of ads) really good looking women for my ads as well and many of the other tricks of marketing to grab peoples attention and bring them to the front door.

That said, I do have refunds from people saying "didn't work as expected" and about the same number of people emailing me saying how wonderful it is and how happy they are.

To finish, IMHO there are marketing tricks that are just fine and help sell good and bad products alike. That's just plain good targeting and marketing. But there are marketing 'tricks' that are 100% wrong and unethical such as unclear subscription services, straight up lies about what the product/service does or contains, making the cancelation process or refund process super hard, etc.

I feel like that is what most here would agree upon for a generalized statement. Might be good to create a SPECIFIC list of things (with proof) that guys like Tai (or anyone really) use for marketing that is 100% wrong/unethical/illegal.
A very abbreviated version of my take is more along the lines what WHAT psychological trigger you are abusing. Cialdini lays out the psychological principles of persuasion into 6 key categories. I like the way he does it. It's as follows:
  1. Reciprocity
  2. Commitment and Consistency
  3. Social Proof
  4. Authority
  5. Liking
  6. Scarcity
I think exploiting any and all of these is fair game as a marketer. In fact, if you aren't exploiting at least 2-3 of them in any bit of marketing/sales, you're doing it wrong. Even the most ethical of salespeople will use these, or they wouldn't make a sale.

When used properly, these principles guide people towards a decision they should be making -- selecting YOUR product which will help them greatly.

But you turn evil when you use these principles irresponsibly. Here are some examples of what I, personally, think are evil and not evil. Of course, these are subjective, and everyone's opinion will be different...but of course I think mine is "right":
  1. Evil - Have a great product, but you sell it by resting heavily on authority you never earned. For example, "Buy my $1000 course on how to become a millionaire like me!" when you have never been a millionaire yourself....even if your information is valid. This is [potentially] what Tai does, if his product is actually good. It is evil because it is based on lying.
  2. Acceptable - Have a great product, and you sell it by resting heavily on authority you earned, or the authority of others who have. For example, "Buy my skin cream, because I am a doctor and believe this is the best formula for your skin" or "Buy my advertising software because I have been doing advertising for 10 years and I made the best product available".
  3. Evil - Have a shitty product, but you sell it by exploiting these techniques by lying. For example, using people in white coats saying they are doctors to say your penile enlargement pill will work even though they are paid actors and your pill doesn't actually work.
  4. Acceptable - Having a shitty product, and exploiting social proof by showing celebs or paid actors using your product and enjoying them. Colognes do this, as do apparel companies, etc. None of this is actually lying. It is an implicit relationship between the product and something the consumer admires/wants. The consumer isn't directly told that they will get laid by that hot model, but it is implied through social proof.
  5. Evil - The exact same situation as #4, but instead of implying you will get laid if you use the cologne, actually saying you will get laid using the cologne. Being explicit crosses the line because it's a flat out lie. It's not just creating an association between product and result, it's creating an explicit promise and expectation that now needs to be delivered.

Last edited:

blueoceanblues

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Feb 1, 2015
Florida
During one of his livestreams I won the iPad Mini giveaway contests (It was the iPad Mini 2 $275 model).

Took forever to get it. But it was legit. Won in Dec, got it at the end of Jan.

Tai... hmm what can I say. The main thing I learned from him is to turn everything you've experienced into a story. Then, connect your stories to the stories of famous people, philosophers, business titans etc..

Takeaway: Load your life with cool unique experiences, extract from them "lessons" and package them into bite sized easy to digest anecdotes that you can regurgitate at will. OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Why say anything new when you can say something old?

Tai's a master at that. Master story based marketer. Also Tai seems like a guy who measures and tracks everything. Nothing is left to chance. If you see a piece of lint on his shirt, he put it there so you can notice it...

Make it look like what you are prescribing folks to do now....is EXACTLY what you did to get out of your situation. (Generally it's more complicated than that, but they don't have to know the details).

Also.. People love rags to riches. Build your "I used to eat cold spaghetti noodles with ketchup and now I dine with Victoria Secret Angels" stories. Let the unwashed masses feel like you are one of them at your core....

You're not one of them. But let them feel like you are. LOL.

Also.. Flaunt your wealth subtly, but be sure to disdain it too (seems to work well on millennials)... say things like "You know....I know what it's like to go without....came from a single mother home....grew up in the hood....slept on a couch....lived without a toilet for 2 years (Amish), and worked on a farm...." Never let them feel like you are distant from the 'struggle'.

They have major limiting beliefs about displays of wealth while intensely lusting after it...

Struggle sells.

Depending on your audience, always write in the spirit of "I spent $100k on a new Patek Phillippe watch but....I don't like watches, and people are so shallow to judge on appearances.....")

....but keep the watch. Use it to forge new connections.

Do as they do, not as they say.

Back to Tai and the masses.

They want a checklist.

Give the people a 100% foolproof checklist of things to do before they can improve their station in life. Steps. We need steps!

Make it long too. Almost every lesson is 45 minutes long?! WOW IT HAS TO BE EXACTLY WHAT I NEED!

Use a weird number too. 67 is perfect. Big wierd number? Gotta be true.

I went through that 'program' when it was free. It was pretty cool. Terrible back end, clunky, and unfinished...the last 'step' was recorded at a live conference he spoke at.

Top takeaway from 67 Steps?

Tell stories. Read more so you can tell stories. Experience more so you can tell stories. Etc.

He understands that better than anyone I've seen.

Was his content new or unique and different? In some ways. But most 'goo-roos' are just repackaging Napolean Hill's The Laws of Success / Think and Grow Rich / Outwitting the Devil (original manuscript) and Jim Rohn. (Of course sprinkle in some NLP).

But Tai takes it further...he adds the opinions of neuroscientists, social psychologists, billionaire investors, elite athletes, concentration camp survivors, top bodybuilders, and world changing philosophers and religious figures.

Are you going to disagree with all those guys?

I thought so.

(As you see, I'm having a bit of fun with this one too).

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I owe a big thanks to Tai.

Like many here, googling him brought me to this forum, and now I've found what seems like a legitimate resource for guidance and motivation. Hats off to him.

From a casual observer's perspective there's a lot of confusion flying around about the guy, and without meaning to sound like a neckbeard, many claiming support for him probably haven't done a lot of research. That or we just have very different standards with regard to talent and success, and I guess that's fair enough.

The reason everyone's searching for him is to validate their suspicions of bullsh*t. Here's a summary to make that process easier:

Tai Lopez did NOT build is wealth honestly.

He's a classic snake oil salesman that has made most of his money through fraudulent dating and life coaching websites. There's already a link to a blog in this thread that shows all of this in detail, but for the sake of anyone in the TL;DR boat, here's a quick look at Tai's online ventures under his business name 'Elite Global Dating, LLC':

meetingmillionaires.com
elitemeeting.com
modelmeet.com
mythailove.com
ifyouresingle.com
eliteglobaldating.com
curvyfitness.com
millionairemagnetsystem.com
millionairelifecoach.com
findadate.com
datetallmen.com
elitemeet.com
justmillionaires.com

Take the meetingmillionaires.com as an example, if you follow the link you'll be taken to a site listing eligible millionaire bachelors (only males) in your geographical vicinity who are apparently as desperate as the target demographic. I happen to live in Melbourne and unfortunately Tai wasn't smart enough to exception his own profile from the sites BS location algorithm:

f2a2edbf-ed14-44e3-bc56-1cf2ad59eff4.png

Aside from the obvious fact there's no such thing as a genuine haven for desperate millionaires looking for online love, the above serves as evidence to the fact none of them are real profiles. Fraud.

Complaints sample from the same blog post:

As with all online scams the number of complaints is only representative of a fraction of the issue. Tai isn't stupid, he knows who his audience is, and he knows how to manipulate them. He's capitalised heavily on the lack of online fraud policing and traps society's most gullible customers in a vortex of deceit and red tape.

So what about his apparent legitimacy these days?

For the sake of his apologists, and full context, let's talk about his strengths for a second:

- He's a smart, confident guy and a good orator, a skill he's developed a lot more since the TEDx talk he constantly refers to.
- He has above average wealth.
- He networks very well.
- He understands his market very well.
- He's extremely determined.
- He's charismatic.
- If you've never come across a motivational speaker before, many of his lessons have at least a few good points to take away.

Why you should be dubious:

- He speaks in broad, borrowed platitudes that add zero to the academia of success. There are much better and more genuine examples available to you.
- His successful image is mostly bluffed to give the impression of credibility, when in reality his apparent wealth was never earned through the lessons he preaches, but through fraud.
- He self-aggrandises significantly more than he shows an interest in making anyone else successful. When choosing your mentors, choose those with the most conviction to help you. Tai Lopez is only concerned with getting you to pay him, and I guarantee you that anyone stupid enough to follow him without question will never find the success they are looking for.
- He's a subclinical or clinical sociopath. That isn't a vacuous statement; it's an assertion based on his behaviour, personality and intentions. He really doesn't give a sh** about anything but boosting his own self image and taking your money.

I remember reading 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' the week after it was featured on Oprah and being so inspired I immediately wrote a real estate investment plan for myself. I was 15 at the time. I've been interested in stories of success and motivational speakers ever since. On the back of seeing this thread I've investigated 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' as much as I can without reading it, as well as reading MJ DeMarco's website bio, and I have this observation to make:

The Millionaire Fastlane is the real deal.

The person behind it is someone who shared the same relationship with success that Chris Gardner had. He saw a better life for himself that he didn't realise was available to him previously. Coincidentally, both were through the experience of meeting a luxury car owner. When choosing mentors and role models I strongly believe your decision can be helped by understanding the conviction of your teacher. Of course any self-helper has to be self-aggrandising and milk things as much as is reasonable, but that needn't mean they don't genuinely want other people to share in their experience. After briefly reading through this site I believe it to be a genuinely helpful resource, run by someone genuinely interested in helping you.

Contrast all of this to Tai Lopez for a second. He's trying to win you over by putting up a front of being well-connected, reading a book a day, living in the hollywood hills, and driving a lamborghini. He has fabricated his own credibility in such a way that he will eventually be in all the rooms he's claiming to be in for real, but that will never change the fact he's a fraud with nothing new to say, who's lessons will never pay for themselves.

Seek a mentor elsewhere, like this place.

Very well said.

MJ is definitely the real deal. I'm a skeptical person, and his book had me convinced from the get-go.

After attending the forum meetup in Scottsdale and meeting great mentors through this forum, I can let you know your conclusions are true.

Rep+ transfered to you to get you off on the right foot. Welcome to the forum.

And hats off again to MJ for creating a great forum and a great book that is able to cut through the bullshit better than 95%+ of the other "get rich" books out there.

Ryko

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 19, 2012
Croatia
Just stumbled on this gruesome video by some CYNIC/ HATER who isn't about the GOOD LIFE (philosophy, money, eastern wisdom merged with telemarketing) ... good god so many people are grudgers! Hating on our good ole boy Tai.

And all Tai is doing is giving us recipes for the GOOD LIFE.

Damn! Wake up people! Don't be cynics!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I follow this Tai dude on his IG and Snapchat; I like him. I like his hustle. I like his passion. I haven't read any of his content or subscribed to anything of his nor will I.. but I will say; I 110% respect his marketing skills. He's a F*cking beast.

Everything he does and displays is extremely calculated.. his understanding of mass human psychology is something else.

I've only been saying it for over a decade...

Gurus are more insightful in NOT what they SAY, but in what they DO.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Here's the hilarious part about all the dumbass low lives in this thread talking shit about Tai...

You think he's a "scam" artist....

....great, go ahead, try to replicate what he's accomplished.

Go... do it. He;s a scam artist, so it shouldn't be hard right?

Oh.. my bad, your just a F*cking dumbass who doesn't understand how much work it is to make any kind of impact in this world because you don't do shit in life except go to your 9-5 and then go to this forum and mentally masturbate in your own bullshit opinions about people who are actually making it in this world...

The truth is you couldn't even make a dollar being a scam artist because you would fail at it... like you fail at everything else in life...

....have a nice day.

How you do anything is how you do everything.

If you want to give your money to people who are shady, that's on you. A lot of people do it. Not just Tai. There are lots of Tais in the world. There are lots of people way worse than Tai in the world, too.

In the scheme of things, Tai isn't as bad as, say, Madoff or Jordan Belfort.

But you have to be careful what you put into your brain. Put Tai in, and Tai comes out. I don't want to be like Tai. Why would I emulate him? Why would I listen to him?

Or maybe your point is that I should be like Tai. Why? Just because he has money?

I wouldn't swap with Tai for all the money in the world.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
>>> Forward to 11:02 <<<

fastbo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 26, 2017
Orlando, FL
Hey guys thanks for participating in this thread. You've got it ranked page 2 on Google for keyword "Tai Lopez"! I was doing some research about Tai Lopez, mainly his business model and Youtube, and stumbled on this forum. Next thing I know, I've read both MJ's books and Mind=Blown.

Ryko

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 19, 2012
Croatia
@csalvato: I'm not trolling. I'm creating abundance.

I'm teaching you about business, without actually disclosing what's my businesses. Along the way, I'll randomly quote excerpts from all the books I skimmed over.

Today's lesson; Alexander the Great conquered the entire known World by his early 30s. Get inspired. Start your business today.

Did I just inspire you?

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
So this was all pretty humorous to read, but I really don't understand the whole "all he talks about is the same stuff"

Are the fundamentals supposed to change? Is there actually anything that hasn't already been done?

Are you still waiting for the big secret?

The real question is, would you actually be any more satisfied if you knew what the guy's businesses are - or would you just piss and moan about those particular businesses not being "good enough" for some reason.

Who cares?

Who do you want to do this with next? You will never run out of people to bitch about if can't realize these guys are just human beings. They are not here to impress you.

Nobody owes you anything.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007