The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WTF does Tai Lopez do?

Guru

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Grant Cardone did an interview with Tai Lopez in studio. Will pretty much show you all you need to know about Tai Lopez.

There is also a better clip of Cardone driving in the car with him. Can sense the bs meter of Grant going off and looks or feels like he wants to just kick him out of the car at one point.. Then again maybe I was projecting..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emZhquAgHiY

Wow, you can clearly see in this video him trying to think of something and then being all over the place with shitty answers.

This type of answer makes me believe that he hasnt done anything at all business wise. Everyone has made mistakes in business, especially at his level.

I think Grant was getting annoyed and seeing right through him.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Semmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2014
Canary Islands, Spain
I think I'm in the zone now.

I think I am in the "just post some useless stuff" zone here.
Where is the button for negative REP when you need it?
Seriously.

You make people click on a topic not providing any value
and just wasting our time.

What was the reason you posted this? On another thought:
I am so fed up about the wasted time, don't bother to answer
as I am not coming back to this thread.

MEH.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
This thread just won't die.

Just like his Youtube appearances. They just won't die.

He just won't die (just as the lottery doesn't die).

Because people keep him alive (people keep buying lotto tickets).

As evidenced by this thread.

WTF does Tai Lopez do?

This thread answers its own question.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I did a quick comparison and this thread may be the most trafficked on the forum.

Holy shitstick! I knew it grabbed eyeballs, but I had no idea it had that many views! 1M!

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
He lives in Beverly Hills and drives a black Lamborghini Gallardo

uh... this sentence alone means stuff is being fluffed to sound better than it actually is. Yeah location name dropping Beverly Hills and name dropping Lamborghini in the same sentence sounds good, but actually think about it.

A Gallardo in Beverly Hills? Really?

Every time I am in Beverly Hills, no one bats an eye or even turns their head to a Gallardo. Nothing against Gallardos as I love them, but trying to impress me with bragging stats, and being at the bottom of the socioeconomic totem pole for that area is just firing all kinds of BS to me.

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
372%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
@randomnumber314 LOL, the guy spent 40 minutes reading the book?

Was that Tai Lopez?

JK, yeah 40 minutes to read a book..thats nothing. So many people have this 'microwave popcorn' mentality when it comes to success.

As it relates to Tai I read on another forum that he's recommending a style of living that isn't necessarily connected to how his made his money. As MJ would say, 'guru hypocrisy' strikes again.

Apparently he struck it big in 4-6 years and had his share of failures... from broke on a couch in SC, to selling insurance, to working with Joel Salatin through his apprenticeship program, and going on to GE Capital....somewhere along the line he got involved with nightclub promotion and those shady dating businesses..

At any rate, his marketing is great (pre selling, tying himself into that young hustler crowd...., Owen Cook followers), and he has an endless source of content. If he runs out of stuff to talk about, he just pulls out another book from a shelf and start yapping.

I just find it suspicious that he never talks about his companies (especially when he claims to have 1,000,000 customers).

Imagine Dane Maxwell never talking about Paperless Pipeline. Imagine Eric Bandholz never talking about Beardbrand.

It doesn't make any sense.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
He was broke at 20, very rich by 35, and now teaches others the skills he's learned to achieve and maintain "health, wealth, love, and happiness".

He does tons of youtube videos and webinars for free that provide immense value as well as offering a $67 philosophy/lifestyle info product and three $997 business mentoring memberships if you want to dive deeper. He has consulting clients that pay him from $25k a year up to a full million as well as owning several successful internet companies and has a very powerful network in the business and entertainment communities.

It's strange all the hate that he gets from this board when he has achieved exactly what TMF encourages which should make him an ideal example to listen to. Maybe it's because he didn't come through here first before "making it".
Then why does he make it look like he owns a multimillion dollar home that he clearly leased for a day to make his most recent video?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
For me personally, I can't/won't separate the message from the messenger.

It's down to their "why". If their "why" is coming from a good place, then I'll listen and try to learn. If their "why" is coming from a bad place then I don't want to sift through everything and work out what's helping me, and what's helping them. It's a waste of my time, and potentially dangerous. I just drop 'em.

(Of course, the pre-requisite is that I believe they know wtf they're talking about in the first place.)

There's enough wise people in the world who're coming from the right place. I'd rather learn from them instead.

Just my 2c...

blueoceanblues

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Feb 1, 2015
Florida

LOL. This guy is brilliant.

11 Secrets that millionaires know?

MJ! YOU GOT SOME 'SPLAININ TO DO!! DIDN'T READ THIS IN TMF !

TAI GOT DA NEW SECRETZ! MJ IS OLD NEWZ! (Joking of course, your book changed my life).

Tai: "Think about back in school...you never learn what you truly need to know" <-- EVERYONE on the planet can relate to being shortchanged in school....so everything Tai says now is positioned against that experience....thus making him more trustworthy.

Lesson: Construct an opponent whom no one in their right mind can side with. Nobody will agree that the school system did its job 100%. Bonus: Let them go back and grab their own emotionally charged memory of how they were 'done wrong'....)

Tai's "Laws"

#1 "VRIN" Score.

W T F is that shit TAI?! You're right, nobody told me about VRIN SCORE! I'VE BEEN HAD!

"Value, Rarity, Inimitability, and Non-Substitution"

WHAT?!?! Is this a Jay Abraham seminar? Less $50 words please. (Nobody knows his way around a thesaurus like Jay Abraham..."you must consider the opportunities that lie adjacent, alongside, bordering, and contiguous to your current business...")

Huh?!

PLEASE EXPLAIN TAI!!!!

Tai: "Now I don't know if I'm going to explain all of those....."

Aww man Tai... How am I gonna feed my kids if you won't hand over the secrets!?

Tai: "...then I'll show you how you can learn all of them if you want to know"

F*ck, why am I watching this goddamn video for if you're going to show me in ANOTHER video.

Lesson: "The princess is (always) in another castle" Always have them chasing your carrots.

Or you can just Google it. http://www.mbaskool.com/business-concepts/marketing-and-strategy-terms/2859-vrin-barney.html

#2 Wealth Index

W T F is this shit?!

"Wealth index is an index of how well you accumulate.....and for example *insert story about Doctors*"

Confused.

"Some millionaires don't know it, but the good ones do" <-- (subconsciously) I'm one of the good millionaires.

I'm one of the good ones AND I'm going to teach you.

Lesson: Never identify totally with any group. Always try to position yourself with the 'good' ones. Put crudely, even whores want to be known as good whores. "I may be a ho, but I mean well. I have a heart of gold"

#3 Trend Stacking

(This is actually one of his good ideas, but it can be found within James Altucher's concept of "idea-sex", basically relating 2 or more unrelated concepts in order to create something new).

"This one secret alone...is a secret of billionaries...we can go to another level" For a price of course.

#4 Nudist Buddhist

Basically, don't be too weird. *told in story form*. In short, learn how to present your idea so you don't scare away investors...or anyone you are trying to woo.

Lesson: Don't be afraid to share your same stories over and over. He uses this one alot on his podcasts and 67 steps. ...A story should never be told just once..

Summary

I like how he intentionally acts lost or unorganized. Check 8:51 for a masterclass..."I don't want to bore you"

Seriously? I'm broke, on my couch with a cheap a$$ Dell laptop running Windows XP watching this in 144p so it doesn't overheat and I just had cold spaghetti with ketchup for breakfast and I'm here raring to learn 11 secrets only millionaires know but you're afraid you may be BORING ME?!

DUDE I WANT TO CHANGE MY LIFE! lmao....

11 Secrets, only get 4. LOL. The whole vid is just lead gen for his talk...

ALWAYS...keep that princess in another castle.

Again, havin some fun here.

snappyhappy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 3, 2015
You can get better and far more practical business advice from Gary Vaynerchuk for Free.

I'd much rather listen to someone who gives his advice away for nothing because he's already making money from his own businesses and investments, as opposed to someone who seems to make the majority of his money from selling his '$1000 business course'.

Also to the point made earlier, nobody is questioning Tai's marketing abilities or his ability to execute. It's his intent that is being questioned.

To reference Gary Vee again - "How you make your money is more important than how much you make."

Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Well...playing devil's advocate, I just saw that Tony Robbins upcoming California seminar starts at $1300/pp and the same information is essentially being given. So, how can one be a scam and another not be a scam if both are preaching wealth, entrepreneurship and self-motivation?
Easy: they are both scams.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How does the saying go? Even bad press is good press. Someone poses the question who is this guy? Everyone goes out and researches to find out so they can argue about it. Now the guy probably has a dozen more followers/customers simply from somone posing the question.

Pretty slick strategy if you ask me.
And people doing that research find this thread and TFLF gets the folks with a brain. Win-win really.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Interesting that I rarely hear about this guy nowadays.

Does he still do those wacky videos?

Is he retired and living on an island in the Pacific?
Actually you probably haven’t heard from him because he’s absolutely killing it, he’s proven himself to be an incredible, legit businessman.

He owns a heap of farms which he runs the old school organic way, some even armish style.

He bought a bunch of huge companies at fire sale prices during covid and has pivoted them into massive ecommerce companies.

He’s really proven himself to always be 1 step ahead of the curve.

He made his money working at an investment or insurance company or something, he was running google ads to an ebook as lead gen before anyone was running ads so it was cheap. He became their top salesman.

Then he worked out the long form youtube to courses ad formula and milked that to become a household name.

Then he ran ads on YouTube looking for a credited investors when the laws changed there.

Then during covid he took the investors he’d lined up with those ads money and bought the businesses struggling during covid at fire sale prices, using the money as debt not equity so now he owns the whole company.

The way he tells this story is pretty impressive, he said he saw a window to get them cheap and pivot them to ecom and took it, with a lot of hard work and hustle to even find the deals and get them. He said he got I think 4 or 5 and basically that window was gone after a couple of months.

Somewhere along the way he started buying farms and selling the organic meat as a subscription box.

He has an amazing interview on the my first million podcast where he talks about his whole entrepreneurial journey and what he’s doing now.

I don’t follow him that closely but that interview he gave was great, I gained a lot of respect for him as a businessman.

I mean love him or hate him he says the way the google reps were talking he thinks he was googles highest spending as buyer at his peak so that’s got to be worth something.

Last edited:

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
Just saw a commercial by him today. I think it was on Youtube.
He shows a black Lamborghini he claims to own.
WTF does he do? I haven't seen him do anything except talk about books, books, books
and utter an endless stream of platitudes.
Is he just some kind of self-styled success guru or does he have a real business?
Is he trying to be the next Warren Buffet? The next Brian Tracy?
I heard Warren Buffet is always reading.
I don't have time to read a bunch of general advice anymore.
I just need to hustle and get a lot of work done.
I got a bunch of good work done today, which is good.

FreshStart87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 28, 2013
New Jersey
Tai Lopez is riding the fastlane and reading books, making youtube videos while the rest of you are sitting home worrying about weather or not he is a scam. All the info to ride the fastlane is here. let others figure out whether he is shady or not. you guys are here with enough knowledge to decipher what Tai is doing

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well I guess it's OK for certain companies to do certain things with their marketing, but the lynching mob comes out for others who use the same type of marketing techniques, depending on the product that is being sold...I'll leave it at that.

So Andrew, just so we're clear... you believe the ends justifies any means?

Based on this, I can safely assume you're cool selling sugar pills as a cure for any issue (while calling it great marketing) simply because the placebo effect is a proven phenomena.

Hey, as long as it works for some of my clients, it's great marketing! F*ck, who cares if the product isn't legit and I know it! X, Y, and Z said it worked!

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
Whether you like it or not he really is an amazing marketer.

I remember the first YouTube ad I seen of him a long time ago. I normally just skip all the ads after the five second window but within that first five seconds the guy really captivated my attention and made me stick around to watch the ad.

I seen the lambo and thought "Hell, here we go again. Some rich dude trying to sell something else overnight." Mind you, I never heard of this guy before this YouTube ad. Then he panned over to his bookshelf and start rambling about how he reads one book a day. Then he grabbed my attention and I started really watching and paying attention.

By the time the ad was over I did feel a bit grounded to the guy and relatable. The way he communicates, the body language, and the tone really made him stand out to what you typically see. He presents himself as some ordinary guy you'd see with nothing and suddenly changed his life and started making something from almost nothing.

I'll admit I got a little hooked and started watching his YouTube videos to see where he was going. Then as I watched and consumed what he produced it slowly sank in that this was the typically "money making process". The upsell was after all the free content where he's suppose to "really show you how to be successful". I never bought any of his stuff and nor do I want too, but whether I like it or not, the guy really markets himself well (or did, haven't seen any Tai Lopez lately) in an already busy market. He cut through the noise efficiently and hit his target audience dead on at the end of the day. Even if only .1% of his viewers actually purchase something, the guy just made a load of bank and he doesn't have to invest a lot of his time to doing it either now. Just literally whip his phone out, record himself for ten minutes doing whatever and going on about how to change things today and knowledge is power, redirect you to his other free content, then hit you with an upsell and bank on a product he already created that is scalable because literally it's just audio or video he already recorded or already typed up articles.

My main question still with this guy though is his last name. Is it really Lopez or is that a marketing tool too because when I heard Lopez I immediately thought of George Lopez. I watched a lot of The Lopez Show and that show portrays an average American dad and the struggles (even though its aimed at comedy and sometimes [most the time] they are exaggerated beyond reality) and this guy is conveying the same type of message to his audience except he's trying to show how to go from zero to hero in a few steps. If this is a coincidence or not, it's part of what had my mind wrapped up at first because subconsciously I was trying to somehow associate this guy with George Lopez just due to the name.

That is the one thing people will say about Tai Lopez. "Whether you like him or not, he's an Amazing marketer".

Yeah, it's easy to be an amazing marketer if you lie or make shit up. Why stop at renting lambos and a fake mansion? I might as well photoshop and forge a shopify account page and add a few zeros.

Marketing and business is easy if you can lie and have no moral guidance or rules.

It's not the lack of know-how that's stopping people from renting fake cars, houses, and posing as someone they aren't. Some people don't believe that it's a respectful or morally agreeable way to make money.

Last edited:

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
IMHO you need to be very very careful who you take advice from. Garbage in -> Garbage out. Con-man approaches in -> Con-man approaches out.

In that video you posted, @Brad S, for example, Alex Becker is suggesting that we study Tai and try to learn from him, and if not, you're a "bad entrepreneur".

Yeah, OK. I know people running 7 and 8 figure businesses who avoid people like Tai because his integrity sucks. Like I said, Garbage In is garbage out. It doesn't surprise me that Becker says to study someone like Tai. He is just as unscrupulous.

In business and in life, I subscribe to the belief that how you do anything is how you do everything. The way these guys do business is not for me. I'd rather not learn from it.

But....

When you say scams, specifically what is the scam?

And which product or information are you talking about?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Becker has had many get-rich-quick products in the SEO space for the past 6-7 years. Can you name any? Of course not, because they were all terrible and he sold them using his bullshit BRO-marketing tactics.

This ranges from online courses costing $1k-$5, to SEO Wordpress plugins, etc.

I used to follow Becker when I was getting into IM and didn't know better. Even followed some of his tactical advice. Some of it worked (until it didn't).

But the end result is that he doesn't really care about you or what he's doing. All he cares about is the big green $$$$. And when you're the kind of person following that advice, that's what you become as well. What goes in is what comes out again.

Garbage in -> Garbage out

Last edited:
G

GuestUser113

Just saw a commercial by him today. I think it was on Youtube.
He shows a black Lamborghini he claims to own.
WTF does he do? I haven't seen him do anything except talk about books, books, books
and utter an endless stream of platitudes.
Is he just some kind of self-styled success guru or does he have a real business?
Is he trying to be the next Warren Buffet? The next Brian Tracy?
I heard Warren Buffet is always reading.
I don't have time to read a bunch of general advice anymore.
I just need to hustle and get a lot of work done.
I got a bunch of good work done today, which is good.

I am curious, as to why the fine folks here at the fastlane forum need to hone your bullshit meter for you?

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Never heard of 'em. Took a peek at a couple videos, seems like a Tony robbins type retread, but more power to 'em if he has people paying him money for it.

I wish there was a law against all these guru's name dropping Gates, Buffett, Walton etc.... It's just so cliche. Go your own way people!

I think when we thaw out up here I'll do some Bentley Business videos driving around town w/ the top down! ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.