The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Yet another new member

Sol

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
May 24, 2016
Hello everyone,

Glad I found my way here. Thanks to MJ for writing The Millionaire Fastlane , and thanks to all the posters here for keeping me awake all through the night as I devour everything on the forum.

I’ve been questioning my current life path for a while, and TMF articulated why I had nagging doubts.

I’m currently in school for my second bachelor’s degree. I didn’t like my first career choice (teaching), partially because of money and partially because of the lack of free time, so I thought I’d go back for something more lucrative. As I near the end of degree two, I can’t get rid of the feeling that something’s wrong. I read TMF , and everything suddenly made sense.

Money is important to me, but really only because of the free time money affords. My previous plan was to scrimp and save and invest the excess and potentially have my first million in 20 years. Maybe not the worst place to be when I’m 50, but as MJ illustrated, that’s assuming I never get sick, fired, sued, etc. during the process. I need something that’s not dependent on my personal time. I’m not sure what that something is yet, but for the first time in a long time, I’m confident my life is beginning to head in the right direction.

I look forward to interacting with you all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BeFound Faithful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Dec 19, 2015
Southern California
Hello everyone,

Glad I found my way here. Thanks to MJ for writing The Millionaire Fastlane , and thanks to all the posters here for keeping me awake all through the night as I devour everything on the forum.

I’ve been questioning my current life path for a while, and TMF articulated why I had nagging doubts.

I’m currently in school for my second bachelor’s degree. I didn’t like my first career choice (teaching), partially because of money and partially because of the lack of free time, so I thought I’d go back for something more lucrative. As I near the end of degree two, I can’t get rid of the feeling that some thing’s wrong. I read TMF , and everything suddenly made sense.

Money is important to me, but really only because of the free time money affords. My previous plan was to scrimp and save and invest the excess and potentially have my first million in 20 years. Maybe not the worst place to be when I’m 50, but as MJ illustrated, that’s assuming I never get sick, fired, sued, etc. during the process. I need something that’s not dependent on my personal time. I’m not sure what that something is yet, but for the first time in a long time, I’m confident my life is beginning to head in the right direction.

I look forward to interacting with you all.

I think your going back for education for something more lucrative is pretty common for people to do because for many of us it's really the only way we have known or been taught to improve things, although if wanting to get onto the fast track is the goal (and you'll have to decide if it is or not) then doing the same thing again will not get you there, just a higher-paid more of the same.

So now you've been exposed that there absolutely is another way of thinking like The Millionaire Fastlane mindset and you like it, You've tasted or seen what another approach to living looks like, you have to decide how much you want it, because you will have to really want it to go through everything you will have to to be successful. It will be (I would say) that hardest thing you've ever done but could be the best.

Keep going and learning how successful entrepreneurs and investors think and decide if that's what you want.

One thought is to get out of the 9-5 mindset, people need a larger WHY for what they want to do, which it sounds like where your at. If I understood you right what you're saying is that to you it seems —freedom is more important than job security.

Your thinking, "Money is important to me, but really only because of the free time money affords" is part of that thinking you have to see if your willing to change or not. If I remember what MJ said, the employee mindset puts in time for money in for the reward of "free" time. It's an employee mindset, but an entrepreneur for example works not for time but to create assets that produce money that covers expenses and also gets reinvested. Something to consider.

Another question is "What is your life's purpose?" Find that and let that drive you to do business. If you know that it can help drive you through everything.

Looking forward to hearing what others will advise...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...