• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting Saturday afternoon 3 PM (MST) 6PM (EST) and for the next 48 hours, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed...
    Thanks, MJ!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

MINDSET 20 years Old and a New Realization

Anything related to matters of the mind

SpaceFungi

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
133%
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.
Hello everyone, I just finished reading Millionaire Fastlane and Escape the Rat Race and I am happy to be here.

So far I've taken the hands off approach to making concrete decisions in life, but having just completed an internship at an Archaeological CRM company and getting a taste of the real world I've decided to make a change. The short story of this experience is that work often involves driving 3 hours to a hotel/motel for a week, work in the hot sun for the chance to find something interesting only to find out that the vast majority of artifacts found have little to no context due to the land being altered by machinery (either through farming or fill dirt by the roadside). Still I do my best, asking questions about the company, more effective methods in shovel testing, and being generally optimistic.

Having been surrounded with nice but understandably jaded coworkers, some of which have gotten their masters and been to Belize to work on Maya excavations, have regardless ended up back here to pay the bills. Realizing that what I initially thought would be a monumental opportunity was now regarded as nothing but a brief pass-time in a life largely dictated by selling your time for money. Another brief stint to regenerate the pain of working what is a physically taxing and unpredictable job.

More importantly I realized what occupied peoples minds in a corporate setting, which included pass-times such as videogames or watching tv shows or what complaints about work they had to experience or will experience in the future. Not only that, but they were willing to live out of hotels while having family or relationships at home for a salary slightly better than what I made working at Jimmy Johns.

I discovered this after taking a week vacation with my family after the internship finished. My mind was constantly thinking about the future and no matter how much fun I was having I still felt a little sick feeling like I had no other option. I realized I was unhappy and playing videogames, my main pass-time, wasn't as fun anymore.

So, to help document my progress I wanted to share my start and goals so far. During the past month I have listened to 6 books during my free-time, which is probably more than the last 3 years, two of which have been the Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted: The Great Rat Race Escape. My goals are to continue educating myself, learning valuable skills, and starting a business. I'm currently in my senior year and work a part time job, but cutting out videogames the past two weeks has made me realize how much time I was missing out on during the day.

I expect this to be difficult, but I do not feel that debilitating sense of dread anymore. I chose to do this and in turn I think I have a clearer mind and am a better person than I was two weeks ago.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Hello everyone, I just finished reading Millionaire Fastlane and Escape the Rat Race and I am happy to be here.

So far I've taken the hands off approach to making concrete decisions in life, but having just completed an internship at an Archaeological CRM company and getting a taste of the real world I've decided to make a change. The short story of this experience is that work often involves driving 3 hours to a hotel/motel for a week, work in the hot sun for the chance to find something interesting only to find out that the vast majority of artifacts found have little to no context due to the land being altered by machinery (either through farming or fill dirt by the roadside). Still I do my best, asking questions about the company, more effective methods in shovel testing, and being generally optimistic.

Having been surrounded with nice but understandably jaded coworkers, some of which have gotten their masters and been to Belize to work on Maya excavations, have regardless ended up back here to pay the bills. Realizing that what I initially thought would be a monumental opportunity was now regarded as nothing but a brief pass-time in a life largely dictated by selling your time for money. Another brief stint to regenerate the pain of working what is a physically taxing and unpredictable job.

More importantly I realized what occupied peoples minds in a corporate setting, which included pass-times such as videogames or watching tv shows or what complaints about work they had to experience or will experience in the future. Not only that, but they were willing to live out of hotels while having family or relationships at home for a salary slightly better than what I made working at Jimmy Johns.

I discovered this after taking a week vacation with my family after the internship finished. My mind was constantly thinking about the future and no matter how much fun I was having I still felt a little sick feeling like I had no other option. I realized I was unhappy and playing videogames, my main pass-time, wasn't as fun anymore.

So, to help document my progress I wanted to share my start and goals so far. During the past month I have listened to 6 books during my free-time, which is probably more than the last 3 years, two of which have been the Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted: The Great Rat Race Escape. My goals are to continue educating myself, learning valuable skills, and starting a business. I'm currently in my senior year and work a part time job, but cutting out videogames the past two weeks has made me realize how much time I was missing out on during the day.

I expect this to be difficult, but I do not feel that debilitating sense of dread anymore. I chose to do this and in turn I think I have a clearer mind and am a better person than I was two weeks ago.

I've been here before. Working 80 hour work weeks and living in a hotel on per diem and a large paycheck working for the top Aerospace company in the world. Just wasn't the life I wanted. Most of my coworkers were older than me and had families to go back to. I was 21 or 22 at the time.

I hope you don't wait too long to get started onto your business journey.

Jimmu iwiszupi, O katv gopotjif siefoph Nommoupeosi Getvmepi epf Itdeqi vji Sev Sedi epf O en jeqqz vu ci jisi.

Tu ges O'wi velip vji jepft ugg eqqsuedj vu neloph dupdsivi fidotoupt op mogi, cav jewoph katv dunqmivif ep opvisptjoq ev ep Esdjeiumuhodem DSN dunqepz epf hivvoph e vetvi ug vji siem xusmf O'wi fidofif vu neli e djephi. Vji tjusv tvusz ug vjot iyqisoipdi ot vjev xusl ugvip opwumwit fsowoph 3 juast vu e juvim/nuvim gus e xiil, xusl op vji juv tap gus vji djepdi vu gopf tunivjoph opvisitvoph upmz vu gopf uav vjev vji wetv nekusovz ug esvogedvt guapf jewi movvmi vu pu dupviyv fai vu vji mepf cioph emvisif cz nedjopisz (iovjis vjsuahj gesnoph us gomm fosv cz vji sueftofi). Tvomm O fu nz citv, etloph raitvoupt ecuav vji dunqepz, nusi iggidvowi nivjuft op tjuwim vitvoph, epf cioph hipisemmz uqvonotvod.

Jewoph ciip tassuapfif xovj podi cav apfistvepfecmz kefif duxuslist, tuni ug xjodj jewi huvvip vjios netvist epf ciip vu Cimobi vu xusl up Neze iydewevoupt, jewi sihesfmitt ipfif aq cedl jisi vu qez vji commt. Siemoboph vjev xjev O opovoemmz vjuahjv xuamf ci e nupanipvem uqqusvapovz xet pux sihesfif et puvjoph cav e csoig qett-voni op e mogi meshimz fodvevif cz timmoph zuas voni gus nupiz. Epuvjis csoig tvopv vu sihipisevi vji qeop ug xusloph xjev ot e qjztodemmz veyoph epf apqsifodvecmi kuc.

Nusi onqusvepvmz O siemobif xjev uddaqoif qiuqmit nopft op e dusqusevi tivvoph, xjodj opdmafif qett-vonit tadj et wofiuhenit us xevdjoph vw tjuxt us xjev dunqmeopvt ecuav xusl vjiz jef vu iyqisoipdi us xomm iyqisoipdi op vji gavasi. Puv upmz vjev, cav vjiz xisi xommoph vu mowi uav ug juvimt xjomi jewoph genomz us simevouptjoqt ev juni gus e temesz tmohjvmz civvis vjep xjev O nefi xusloph ev Konnz Kujpt.

O fotduwisif vjot egvis veloph e xiil wedevoup xovj nz genomz egvis vji opvisptjoq gopotjif. Nz nopf xet duptvepvmz vjoploph ecuav vji gavasi epf pu nevvis jux nadj gap O xet jewoph O tvomm gimv e movvmi todl giimoph moli O jef pu uvjis uqvoup. O siemobif O xet apjeqqz epf qmezoph wofiuhenit, nz neop qett-voni, xetp'v et gap epznusi.

Tu, vu jimq fudanipv nz qsuhsitt O xepvif vu tjesi nz tvesv epf huemt tu ges. Fasoph vji qetv nupvj O jewi motvipif vu 6 cuult fasoph nz gsii-voni, xjodj ot qsucecmz nusi vjep vji metv 3 ziest, vxu ug xjodj jewi ciip vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi epf Aptdsoqvif: Vji Hsiev Sev Sedi Itdeqi. Nz huemt esi vu dupvopai ifadevoph nztimg, miespoph wemaecmi tlommt, epf tvesvoph e catopitt. O'n dassipvmz op nz tipous zies epf xusl e qesv voni kuc, cav davvoph uav wofiuhenit vji qetv vxu xiilt jet nefi ni siemobi jux nadj voni O xet nottoph uav up fasoph vji fez.

O iyqidv vjot vu ci foggodamv, cav O fu puv giim vjev ficomovevoph tipti ug fsief epznusi. O djuti vu fu vjot epf op vasp O vjopl O jewi e dmiesis nopf epf en e civvis qistup vjep O xet vxu xiilt ehu.
Jo, TqediGapho - Ximduni vu vji Gusan. O'n tu hmef zua'si jisi. Epf O'n tu hmef zua jewi fotduwisif Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi ev tadj e zuaph ehi. Vji huemt vjev zua jewi tiv gus zuastimg xomm tiswi zua ximm et zua tvesv zuas Getvmepi kuaspiz.

Tjeep Qaso teof, "Zua dep fu epzvjoph, cav zua dep'v fu iwiszvjoph." Gus vjev sietup, O'n hmef zua'si davvoph uav vji wofiu henit. Zua dep ciduni e nommoupeosi, cav puv og zua tqipf ipfmitt juast qmezoph wofiu henit.

O xotj zua emm vji citv!

Fewi

Ximduni ecuesf, eqqsidoevi vji opvsu.

Jewoph ciip tassuapfif xovj podi cav apfistvepfecmz kefif duxuslist, tuni ug xjodj jewi huvvip vjios netvist epf ciip vu Cimobi vu xusl up Neze iydewevoupt, jewi sihesfmitt ipfif aq cedl jisi vu qez vji commt. Siemoboph vjev xjev O opovoemmz vjuahjv xuamf ci e nupanipvem uqqusvapovz xet pux sihesfif et puvjoph cav e csoig qett-voni op e mogi meshimz fodvevif cz timmoph zuas voni gus nupiz. Epuvjis csoig tvopv vu sihipisevi vji qeop ug xusloph xjev ot e qjztodemmz veyoph epf apqsifodvecmi kuc.

Tu zua'si ep esdjiumuhotv epf zua jewi pu qettoup gus vji xusl?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Ximduni ecuesf, eqqsidoevi vji opvsu.

Tu zua'si ep esdjiumuhotv epf zua jewi pu qettoup gus vji xusl?
Vji opvisitvoph xusl ot wisz gix epf ges civxiip, gsun xjev O’wi jiesf gsun uvjist ev vji gosn zua dep hu ziest xovjuav fuoph ep edvaem iydewevoup, xjodj ot xjev vji apowistovz gudatit up. Vji sitv ug vji voni ov’t demmif qjeti 1 taswiz, xjodj opwumwit huoph opvu sepfun esiet cetif up xjisi duptvsadvoup dunqepoit xepv vu caomf epf djidl og vjisi’t epzvjoph vjisi, tu ov gudatit up qsitiswevoup. Vji upmz qsucmin ot vjev e muv ug vji tvagg xi gopf jet pu dupviyv fai vu cioph piyv vu e suef, xjodj jet vsetj epf nuwif mepf vjev nitt aq xjev dep ci miespif. Vji qjztodem xusl ot fohhoph jumit iwisz 30 nivist, tu vjisi’t puv nadj vu giim qettoupevi ecuav.

Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back