The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2016-17 Fastlane Fantasy Football (Official)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What I noticed more is his strategic pickup of whichever defense is playing Cleveland in a week or two should pay off this week.

I'm playing 4-D chess here, you guys are playing checkers.

Kinda sucks you lost out on a tight-end in the last waiver round and you're still rolling with Fleener.

Perhaps you want to make a deal for one? I have 3 that can start on any given week. Although I don't see much on your roster that is worth negotiating for...

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I'm playing 4-D chess here, you guys are playing checkers.

Kinda sucks you lost out on a tight-end in the last waiver round and you're still rolling with Fleener.

Perhaps you want to make a deal for one? I have 3 that can start on any given week. Although I don't see much on your roster that is worth negotiating for...

Brutal, I'll just sit here quietly brewing on that.

We all know you want a Blake Bortles to go with your Steve Smith Sr, Jesse James and Eric Ebron. "Hi my names MJ and I have a fantasy football alliteration addiction. It all started with Tim Tebow...."

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Now now let's not judge who may or may not have overpaid for a QB or a 4th string Eagles running back who better turn out to be Barry Sanders 2.0.

Hell I would have dealt you Ryan Matthews for sixteen bucks.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
For some reason I now feel like I should have bid a bit more on Ajayi...

Anyway-

*Trade Offer*

Dear MJ, remember how at the draft you brutally stole my 1st round target Allen Robinson one pick ahead of me? I had to settle for that hobo AJ Green instead.

In honour of Robinson's spectacular form, I'm now offering you the following trade

You Give-Allen Robinson
You Receive-A packet of Pineapple Lumps, direct from New Zealand

You can wow any guests with that caviar of candies. Sweet, chewy pineapple chocolate goodness.

Offer lasts two days.
Regards
Team Huge Carrot

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
In honour of Robinson's spectacular form

While I got the YING of his poor performance, you get the YANG -- his name is Blake Bortles.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm thinking next year we will need to go with 12 teams.

The 14 teams have made the waiver wire a barren wasteland. As such, the act of "managing" and taking chances on guys has virtually been eliminated except for mid-week claims based on mid-week news.

I feel we have changed the rules of engagement -- normal rules say "diet and exercise" is needed win -- these rules say "forget the diet -- hit the gym 7X a week and you win."

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
In case anyone is wondering what I did this morning (and what happened) here's is the scoop...

So the league dickhead went ahead and dropped his entire team (other than the undroppables) and totally f*cked everything up.

I had to spend my Saturday morning re-adding/dropping those players because his dick move is not a MANAGERIAL MOVE, but a SORE LOSER move.

I then locked his team.

He won't be playing next year.

This is the note in the league:

Mike,

You're done with this league.

Aside from hearing your whiny crybaby a$$ all year, you just dropped your entire team of good players and f*cked up the league for the teams still playing.

This is not considered a NORMAL managerial move -- but simply a DICK move because you're such a poor loser.

I reinstated all your DROPS and LOCKED your team. Thanks for taking up 3 hours on my Saturday morning.

You will not be playing next year.

Good riddance.

Last edited:

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I think I'm getting bundled out of the playoffs tomorrow so will get in early by saying thanks again for your league management efforts MJ, through what has obviously been a difficult year. Also enjoyed our sparring session in the draft :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 26, 2016
Where is the consolation bracket?

"So I just learned that when you use an 8 team playoff system, Yahoo does NOT do the consolation bracket.

Therefore the $100 that was to be assigned to the consolation bracket winner will go to the 9th place team, Squirrels Gone Wild.

My apologies for not knowing this before the season begun ... obviously the intent here was to keep teams involved the entire season.

I will post this in the NOTES section of the league so everyone knows."

MJ

bigred

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 16, 2013
Colorado
I think I'm getting bundled out of the playoffs tomorrow so will get in early by saying thanks again for your league management efforts MJ, through what has obviously been a difficult year. Also enjoyed our sparring session in the draft :)

Good game man! Congrats on the win and I hope you take the entire thing down (so at least I can make the excuse, I lost to the champion)!
Thank you for managing the league MJ :rockon:. I know that it's not always easy, but this league is the highlight of my fantasy year and I sincerely appreciate your work putting it together.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Yea if he wins what do you think the odds would have been pre-season, knowing he would not use one $1 in waiver ... I'd put it at 1 to 100,000. He even played bye-week players and still won.
It's been interesting to say the least.

Really surprised by my team's showing this year.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Yea if he wins what do you think the odds would have been pre-season, knowing he would not use one $1 in waiver ... I'd put it at 1 to 100,000. He even played bye-week players and still won.
Pure luck

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Pure luck

Definitely some of that, fantasy football is a lot like poker ... you can play your hand perfectly and still lose.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Fantasy Fastlane/Shiva Bowl Champion – SarcastaballAllStars (15-1)

Fellow Fastlaners, thank you all for an amazing season of Fantasy Football. I’m still in shock at not only winning the championship, but how great a season my team had. Fifteen wins and one loss. Unbelievable. A ten-game winning streak and then a five-game winning streak to close out the season. Unreal. This season has been a nice distraction from the pains, stresses and problems of real life. I’m still adjusting to life post-cancer diagnosis/surgery/treatment, so having this to look forward to has been nice. I know I’ve been extremely lucky (in life and in FF), so I will enjoy this and I look forward to defending my title next year, so long as MJ will have me back to play next year and my health holds up (knock on wood!). I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and that you all have a great New Year.

MJ, my hat is off to you sir for running a top-notch FF league once again this year. Thank you for allowing me to participate again this year, although you and everyone else in the league probably wish I hadn’t! But seriously, I hope whatever you are facing health wise is minor and merely a bump in the road and nothing long-term and/or serious. This league would not be fun without you as the commissioner.

I get a kick out of telling friends and family about who I play against week to week. Some don’t believe me, so I have to show them the Amazon page for the Millionaire Fastlane and the Fastlane Forum. Sorry to name drop, but you guys are like rock stars to me, starting with nothing but an idea and creating your own individual empires and creating value from nothing. I don’t get starstruck by “celebrities”, but I do when it comes to those who have created and sustained successful businesses.

I’ll shutup now, but thanks again to everyone who played and for making this season the best I’ve had so far. I hope everyone who played this year (minus You Will Win, for obvious reasons) comes back to play next year. I can’t believe how fast this season went. I hate to see it end, but it was a fun ride. Now I have to figure out what do I do for an encore?

BTW: For those wondering about my team name, I was struggling to come up with a unique name and I remembered the South Park episode, Sarcastaball and I figured, why not? If you haven’t seen the episode, it’s pretty funny, if you like the type of humor that South Park is known for. It’s been a few years since it aired, as it makes fun of the replacement refs, but goes after the NFL for trying to make a game that is inherently violent safe to the point of losing what makes football what it is and why people watch it. Sorry, I had to throw the Shiva Bowl mention in there. My nephews got me to watch The League on Netflix and I’ve been calling the championship the Shiva Bowl. Let the eye rolling commence.
Well played last match, Sir!

Congrats on the beating your cancer and for a VERY well played season! :D

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Thanks to @MJ, @Vigilante, @Richie Rich and everyone else for a fun and diverting season. Best FF season that I've ever had and even if I had lost it all (like @Vigilante) I'd still count the experience as a win.

All excepting the one tool, y'all were a classy group of guys to play with.

Can't wait for next season!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You know, you talked smack but failed to deliver.......

:woot:

I have the distinct honor of having scored the least amount of points in a single week this year (week # 13 - 38 points total)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Duh, I am wrong here. Looks like there was no consolation bracket and that was just the losers of the championship bracket still playing -- I took 5th place and I didn't even know I was still playing for a prize pool.

Looks like next year we need to be clearer of the rules -- I wasn't even setting my line up after the week 14 loss and elimination.

Consolation: Skeptical Child Gets Victory Against Tampa Bay Rain

LOL

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
If you guys are willing to be smashed by a guy with like 3 posts I'd be happy to embarrass you.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
4 confirms, 10 left.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How do i sign up? Just say "in"? If so, I am in

Ill let the group know if any spots open due to non-renews.

We might actually have two leagues this year if there is interest.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Ill let the group know if any spots open due to non-renews.

We might actually have two leagues this year if there is interest.
I'm going to avenge that scandalous defeat last year when as reigning champion and general crowd favourite I was ambushed by your team of waiver-bought mercenaries.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last year there was issues with WAIVER rules...

We had last place gets first pick. This is generally the fairest, but as the season grinds on, it no longer becomes fair.

The problem with moving away from that is anyone with a bad start, generally will have their season over in 4 or 5 weeks.

How about weeks 1-6 do it that way? And weeks 7-13 move to standard rules?

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
second is the first loser
Don't I know it. I had a chance to win the whole thing, but I played the wrong QB and it was all over but the crying. Last year wasn't even close. Are you playing this year Vigilante? You should, lots of fun, along with copious amounts of stress that make you second guess yourself every week and pull your hair out.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Don't I know it. I had a chance to win the whole thing, but I played the wrong QB and it was all over but the crying.

Don't be too hard on yourself, it's not like you started Alex Smith in the final or anything :woot:

Are you playing this year Vigilante?

He's either playing, or we're selling him to KFC so they can coat him in their special herbs and spices....

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
And @Andy Black HAS to be in. He could put together a video series for us on how to scrape the waiver wire. :)
American football rules!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
We still have some people who haven't confirmed this year... so some slots could be opening up.

I've posted league payouts --- league scoring and rules to come by the weekend as well -- plus draft date.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
'
I read this thread all the way through and sooo don't have a clue what you're all talking about - which is probably why you want me to play.

In this case though, the fish knows he's the fish so will respectfully not sit at the table with his chips.

Now why did I say fish and chips? That's only gone and made me hungry...

I was going to say didn't he realise you're from Ireland where American Football can't compete with the national sport of Bar Brawling-

"we're coming to you live from O'Reilly's Pub where Shamus has put in a terrific performance fighting off both the Sullivan twins and is now going at it with Crazy Bill Murphy who's wielding a bar stool after forgetting to bring his favourite axe to the venue tonight"

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
....... and sooo don't have a clue what you're all talking about .
Do you really think @MJ DeMarco had any idea what he was doing? Didn't he have a cat picking lineups at one point??

Sign up! Go down to the local pub each Wed night. After the second brawl, have the locals help you fill out the lineup for the week. Then 'Blimey!', you win.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Reminder...

I'm NOT going to chase down guys to play or pay.

There are still several folks who have ignored (or not read) every notice and email -- both here and at Yahoo.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.