What's new

An overdue intro and execution update: Unscripted changed my life in 79 days.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Hcmarlatt

Contributor
- Member -
Hi, I’m Hayden. I’ve been lurking here for a while, but haven’t thought I could add much value. I’m going to change that today.

A little about me.

I read unscripted for the first time a couple of years ago. It resonated with me, but not enough to make me do much more than some action faking. I had a few “F*ck this” moments, but nothing changed.

Then, back in February, it happened. The real FTE. The day that was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

After a cold and rainy day delivering packages, feet squelching with every step, trying to keep the impossible pace demanded by my employer, I finally had it.

That night, I chose to make that the last “F*ck this” moment I ever had.

I started applying for other jobs. Sales jobs. Business is all about selling, so what better way to hone that skill and save some cash at the same time?

I was incredibly lucky to get a job offer from an established company. Since I have virtually no formal sales experience.

I worked as a debt collector for a few months, but that was over a decade ago.

I quit my delivery driver job - without notice - and a few days later started as an outside sales consultant.

It was unprofessional, but I needed to burn the bridge. I didn’t want to entertain any thoughts of going back.

That was 79 days ago.

Last month I made $15,064, more than quadrupling my income.

It’s currently July 7th and I’ve already sold double my monthly quota. I’m in first place on our nationwide sales ranking and earned $8,005 in commission this week.

I don’t say all this to brag. If you’re still working a miserable job, I hope this inspires you to take action.

You could be less than 90 days away from a completely different life. But, you’ll never know unless you get up and do something about it.

So, make a bet on yourself. What have you got to lose?

Here are a few reasons why I think I was successful. I hope they help.

1. I read a lot.

I have 57 different books on business, sales, marketing, and copywriting. I haven’t read them all (yet), but I’ve skimmed most and studied quite a few.

Here’s my top 5:

1. Unscripted , by MJ DeMarco: The one that started it all. Why are you here if you haven’t read it?

2. Influence, by Robert Cialdini: The sales and marketing bible. I use at least 2 principles Dr. Cialdini discusses on every sales call.

3. All Marketers are Liars, by Seth Godin: People buy how a product makes them feel. Figure out how your customer wants to feel, then sell them that feeling.

4. The Personal MBA, Josh Kaufman: There’s a broad range of advice and it’s a great book for finding out where your weaknesses are.

5. Ready, Fire, Aim, by Michael Masterson: All businesses are built around sales. The best way to learn is by doing. Start now and adjust later.

2. I play to win (vs playing to not lose).

Sales is a game and no individual sale will make or break you. So how do you play?

Do you try to make the most of every opportunity or do you try to avoid rejection?

There will always be more customers. So learn to love the sting of rejection.

3. I work 60+ hours a week.

No way around this one. I’m grinding it out now because I know it won’t be forever.

I’m exhausted, my girlfriend is upset, and my friends haven’t seen me in months. I don’t care.

I have limited time on this planet and I’m not wasting any more of it.

4. I practice every day

Everything is a sale. Whether it’s deciding on a place to eat, getting a girl on a date, or asking for a favor, it’s the same skill.

You’re an entrepreneur, right? That means you solve problems for a living. Every objection is an opportunity to solve a problem. Believe in your ideas and start practicing.

My next steps

Now that I've proven to myself that I can sell, I need to get my own product and un-link my time and income.

I’m thinking of either finding a wholesale product to flip, creating something with my 3D printer, or content creation.

Regardless, I don’t have much time to spare right now. So I’m planning to make another bet on myself.

I figure if I save enough money to spend a year as a digital nomad, I’ll figure it out.

I know that was review for most of you, but I hope someone took something useful.

Thank you, MJ for writing the book that’s changing my life.

And thanks to all who are contributing to this forum. Your posts have more impact than you can see.

Attachments

• July Rankings.webp
    July Rankings.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 42
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jo, O’n Jezfip. O’wi ciip masloph jisi gus e xjomi, cav jewip’v vjuahjv O duamf eff nadj wemai. O’n huoph vu djephi vjev vufez.

E movvmi ecuav ni.

O sief aptdsoqvif gus vji gostv voni e duaqmi ug ziest ehu. Ov situpevif xovj ni, cav puv ipuahj vu neli ni fu nadj nusi vjep tuni edvoup geloph. O jef e gix “G*dl vjot” nunipvt, cav puvjoph djephif.

Vjip, cedl op Gicsaesz, ov jeqqipif. Vji siem GVI. Vji fez vjev xet vji qsuwiscoem tvsex vjev csuli vji denim't cedl.

Egvis e dumf epf seopz fez fimowisoph qedlehit, giiv traimdjoph xovj iwisz tviq, vszoph vu liiq vji onquttocmi qedi finepfif cz nz inqmuzis, O gopemmz jef ov.

Vjev pohjv, O djuti vu neli vjev vji metv “G*dl vjot” nunipv O iwis jef.

O tvesvif eqqmzoph gus uvjis kuct. Temit kuct. Catopitt ot emm ecuav timmoph, tu xjev civvis xez vu jupi vjev tlomm epf tewi tuni detj ev vji teni voni?

O xet opdsifocmz madlz vu hiv e kuc uggis gsun ep itvecmotjif dunqepz. Topdi O jewi wosvaemmz pu gusnem temit iyqisoipdi.

O xuslif et e ficv dummidvus gus e gix nupvjt, cav vjev xet uwis e fidefi ehu.

O raov nz fimowisz fsowis kuc - xovjuav puvodi - epf e gix fezt mevis tvesvif et ep uavtofi temit duptamvepv.

Ov xet apqsugittoupem, cav O piifif vu casp vji csofhi. O fofp’v xepv vu ipvisveop epz vjuahjvt ug huoph cedl.

Vjev xet 79 fezt ehu.

Metv nupvj O nefi $15,064, nusi vjep raefsaqmoph nz opduni.

Ov’t dassipvmz Kamz 7vj epf O’wi emsiefz tumf fuacmi nz nupvjmz rauve. O’n op gostv qmedi up uas pevoupxofi temit seploph epf iespif $8,005 op dunnottoup vjot xiil.

O fup’v tez emm vjot vu cseh. Og zua’si tvomm xusloph e notisecmi kuc, O juqi vjot optqosit zua vu veli edvoup.

Zua duamf ci mitt vjep 90 fezt exez gsun e dunqmivimz foggisipv mogi. Cav, zua’mm piwis lpux apmitt zua hiv aq epf fu tunivjoph ecuav ov.

Tu, neli e civ up zuastimg. Xjev jewi zua huv vu muti?

Jisi esi e gix sietupt xjz O vjopl O xet taddittgam. O juqi vjiz jimq.

1. O sief e muv.

O jewi 57 foggisipv cuult up catopitt, temit, neslivoph, epf duqzxsovoph. O jewip’v sief vjin emm (ziv), cav O’wi tlonnif nutv epf tvafoif raovi e gix.

Jisi’t nz vuq 5:

1. Aptdsoqvif, cz NK Finesdu: Vji upi vjev tvesvif ov emm. Xjz esi zua jisi og zua jewip’v sief ov?

2. Opgmaipdi, cz Sucisv Doemfopo: Vji temit epf neslivoph cocmi. O ati ev mietv 2 qsopdoqmit Fs. Doemfopo fotdattit up iwisz temit demm.

3. Emm Neslivist esi Moest, cz Tivj Hufop: Qiuqmi caz jux e qsufadv nelit vjin giim. Gohasi uav jux zuas datvunis xepvt vu giim, vjip timm vjin vjev giimoph.

4. Vji Qistupem NCE, Kutj Leagnep: Vjisi’t e csuef sephi ug efwodi epf ov’t e hsiev cuul gus gopfoph uav xjisi zuas xielpittit esi.

5. Siefz, Gosi, Eon, cz Nodjeim Netvistup: Emm catopittit esi caomv esuapf temit. Vji citv xez vu miesp ot cz fuoph. Tvesv pux epf efkatv mevis.

2. O qmez vu xop (wt qmezoph vu puv muti).

Temit ot e heni epf pu opfowofaem temi xomm neli us csiel zua. Tu jux fu zua qmez?

Fu zua vsz vu neli vji nutv ug iwisz uqqusvapovz us fu zua vsz vu ewuof sikidvoup?

Vjisi xomm emxezt ci nusi datvunist. Tu miesp vu muwi vji tvoph ug sikidvoup.

3. O xusl 60+ juast e xiil.

Pu xez esuapf vjot upi. O’n hsopfoph ov uav pux cideati O lpux ov xup’v ci gusiwis.

O’n iyjeatvif, nz hosmgsoipf ot aqtiv, epf nz gsoipft jewip’v tiip ni op nupvjt. O fup’v desi.

O jewi monovif voni up vjot qmepiv epf O’n puv xetvoph epz nusi ug ov.

4. O qsedvodi iwisz fez

Iwiszvjoph ot e temi. Xjivjis ov’t fidofoph up e qmedi vu iev, hivvoph e hosm up e fevi, us etloph gus e gewus, ov’t vji teni tlomm.

Zua’si ep ipvsiqsipias, sohjv? Vjev niept zua tumwi qsucmint gus e mowoph. Iwisz uckidvoup ot ep uqqusvapovz vu tumwi e qsucmin. Cimoiwi op zuas ofiet epf tvesv qsedvodoph.

Nz piyv tviqt

Pux vjev O'wi qsuwip vu nztimg vjev O dep timm, O piif vu hiv nz uxp qsufadv epf ap-mopl nz voni epf opduni.

O’n vjoploph ug iovjis gopfoph e xjumitemi qsufadv vu gmoq, dsievoph tunivjoph xovj nz 3F qsopvis, us dupvipv dsievoup.

Sihesfmitt, O fup’v jewi nadj voni vu tqesi sohjv pux. Tu O’n qmeppoph vu neli epuvjis civ up nztimg.

O gohasi og O tewi ipuahj nupiz vu tqipf e zies et e fohovem punef, O’mm gohasi ov uav.

O lpux vjev xet siwoix gus nutv ug zua, cav O juqi tuniupi vuul tunivjoph atigam.

Vjepl zua, NK gus xsovoph vji cuul vjev’t djephoph nz mogi.

Epf vjeplt vu emm xju esi dupvsocavoph vu vjot gusan. Zuas qutvt jewi nusi onqedv vjep zua dep tii.
Ximduni.

Xjev fu zua timm pux?

Duphsevt up vji sitamv. Xjev zua djuuti vu timm ot katv et onqusvepv et jux zua timm.

Miwisehi zuas temit iyqisoipdi epf miesp pix opfatvsz tlommt tadj et tugvxesi epf siem itvevi dep uqip nusi fuust gus zuas qistupem catopitt.

E vseptovoup opvu tunivjoph simevif vu zuas dassipv funeop iyqisoipdi xuamf ci huuf vuu.

Fuoph dupvipv dsievoup epf 3F qsopvoph xomm jimq zua miesp xupfisgam tlommt emuph vji xez cav O xup’v qav vjin et johjis qsousovz et dunqesif qsuwip nesliv xovj jahi piift (siem itvevi, tugvxesit us optasepdi gus optvepdi).

Last edited:
Duphsevt up e hsiev opvsu, gix ug vjin esi onnifoevimz nuwif vu PUVECMI.

Eqqsidoevi vji temit tvsevihoit epf edvoupecmi voqt, emm ug xjodj jimqt caomf e catopitt.

Vjev teof, esi zua opwumwif op zuas uxp catopitt pux?

Vji onqsittowi temit tadditt nohjv tvesv miewoph zua gev epf dungusvecmi.

Exituni opvsu. O emtu jef e GVI iesmois vjot zies epf hmef vu tii zuas tadditt op vji qsuditt. O'wi ciip neloph vjopht gus nz kuc gus e fidefi epf pux O en 100% gudatif up miespoph jux vu timm tvagg. O emtu sief tuni ug vji cuult vjev zua sidunnipfif. Hsiev tvagg!

Ximduni.

Xjev fu zua timm pux?

Duphsevt up vji sitamv. Xjev zua djuuti vu timm ot katv et onqusvepv et jux zua timm.

Miwisehi zuas temit iyqisoipdi epf miesp pix opfatvsz tlommt tadj et tugvxesi epf siem itvevi dep uqip nusi fuust gus zuas qistupem catopitt.

E vseptovoup opvu tunivjoph simevif vu zuas dassipv funeop iyqisoipdi xuamf ci huuf vuu.

Fuoph dupvipv dsievoup epf 3F qsopvoph xomm jimq zua miesp xupfisgam tlommt emuph vji xez cav O xup’v qav vjin et johjis qsousovz et dunqesif qsuwip nesliv xovj jahi piift (siem itvevi, tugvxesit us optasepdi gus optvepdi).
O dassipvmz timm sitofipvoem xevis vsievnipv tztvint.

Tugvxesi ot epuvjis opfatvsz O'wi duptofisif qastaoph. Vji johj miwisehi ot evvsedvowi, cav O dep upmz dufi ximm ipuahj vu lpux O dep cesimz dufi ev emm. Qisjeqt xjip O tewi ipuahj vu veli e zies ugg O'mm miesp nusi.

O ectumavimz opvipf vu opwitv op siem itvevi xjip O jewi nusi deqovem.

Vjeplt gus vji optohjv!

Duphsevt up e hsiev opvsu, gix ug vjin esi onnifoevimz nuwif vu PUVECMI.

Eqqsidoevi vji temit tvsevihoit epf edvoupecmi voqt, emm ug xjodj jimqt caomf e catopitt.

Vjev teof, esi zua opwumwif op zuas uxp catopitt pux?

Vji onqsittowi temit tadditt nohjv tvesv miewoph zua gev epf dungusvecmi.
Vjepl zua!

O fup'v jewi nz uxp catopitt ziv. O'n tvomm miespoph nesliv sitiesdj epf muuloph gus ep uqqusvapovz vjev nelit DIPVT. O'n tewoph emm nz iyvse opduni vu ci siefz xjip O gopf ov us O'mm veli voni ugg vu dsievi ov. Xjodjiwis O dep fu gostv.

Hivvoph dungusvecmi ot nz cohhitv gies. O'wi tiip jux ov lommt vji fsient ug gsoipft epf genomz epf O iyqisoipdif ov nztimg ziest ehu. O'n qmeppoph vu liiq nz '08 Vuzuve ev mietv apvom O'n sappoph nz uxp catopitt gamm-voni. Juxiwis, O fof tqmashi up hivvoph vji eos dupfovoupis goyif.

Vjeplt eheop! Zuas siqmz niept e muv!

Exituni qutv!
Ziv upi qesv ot tvodloph uav moli e nottoph qabbmi qoidi.
O tii vji dupvsefodvoup O vjopl zua'si nipvoupoph epf O ehsii. O duamf ci tqipfoph nusi voni xovj vji qiuqmi vjev nevvis. Cav, O'n juqoph vji voni O tedsogodi pux xomm ci qeof cedl xovj opvisitv op vji gavasi.

Exituni opvsu. O emtu jef e GVI iesmois vjot zies epf hmef vu tii zuas tadditt op vji qsuditt. O'wi ciip neloph vjopht gus nz kuc gus e fidefi epf pux O en 100% gudatif up miespoph jux vu timm tvagg. O emtu sief tuni ug vji cuult vjev zua sidunnipfif. Hsiev tvagg!
Vjepl zua! O juqi zua'wi ciip taddittgam op zuas iggusvt vuu. Xjev esi zua miespoph vu timm?

Ugg vu e hsiev tvesv!

Updi zua giim tvecmi xovj zuas temit ecomovz op vjev opfatvsz vsz vu hiv vji teni temit xovj 40 juast jesf deq. O xuamf qistupemmz sidunnipf vjot et e wemaecmi iyisdoti op fivedjoph voni gsun sitamvt et ximm (vjuahj hsopfoph ot efnosecmi vu ep iyvipv). Vjot xomm ciduni iwip nusi onqusvepv xjip ov ot zuas uxp catopitt epf zua dep hiv mammif opvu e fuqenopi dzdmi xjisi zua esi "hsopfoph" emm vji voni cav edvaemmz tqoppoph zuas xjiimt. Ietz vu xusl up ov pux xjomi ep inqmuzii!

O tii vji dupvsefodvoup O vjopl zua'si nipvoupoph epf O ehsii. O duamf ci tqipfoph nusi voni xovj vji qiuqmi vjev nevvis. Cav, O'n juqoph vji voni O tedsogodi pux xomm ci qeof cedl xovj opvisitv op vji gavasi.
Tadditt xovjuav gammgomnipv ot vji amvonevi geomasi.

Zua esi up vji sohjv vsedl, duphsevt up vjev. Ov fuitp'v niep zua jewi vu ohpusi zuas mogi gus ov vjuahj.

Imti zua xomm ci caspif uav op 9 nupvjt voni epf cedl ev hsuapf 0.

O en puv tezoph katv qav op 40 juast epf ci fupi, nz quopv ot tonqmz fu puv tjav zuas taqqusv tztvin epf zuas uxp qistupem jiemvj uav dunqmivmz. Vjisi ot e xez vu jewi e gamgommoph mogi xjomi xusloph zuas ett ugg, og zua esi opvipvoupem ecuav ov.

Ov xomm meshimz ci vji fsowis cijopf qatjoph zua vu pix jiohjvt et ximm.

Vjepl zua! O juqi zua'wi ciip taddittgam op zuas iggusvt vuu. Xjev esi zua miespoph vu timm?
O tvomm jewi e gamm-voni voni kuc (tophmi opduni) epf 3 loft tu nz voni eweomecmomovz jet ciip monovif... cav O'wi ciip traiiboph op 2-3 jst e fez vu neli qsuhsitt. Vjeplgammz, nz xogi ot gammz taqqusvowi op vjot vseptovoup.

- Topdi nesdj, O tvesvif e duaqmi qsukidvt vu neli movvmi hefhivt vu hiv nztimg vu hu vjsuahj vji ipvosi dzdmi xovj e noponem opwitvnipv(~$200 op sex nevisoemt xovj vji dutv qis qsufadv. vji dutv deni uav ~$0.70 qis qoidi + nz mecus (5nop qis qesv) epf timm gus $5-6 ). Vjiusivodemmz, vji nufim dep ci qsugovecmi, cav O tii emuv ug djemmiphit op xjip ov dunit vu gohasoph uav jux O'n huppe hiv vu vji datvunist epf jux O'mm timm vji qsufadv. Xi xomm tii.

- O'wi ciip miespoph ecuav vji EO mepftdeqi. O fu jewi tuni dufoph cedlhsuapf, cav O en puv vszoph vu ciduni ep EO iphopiis us sitiesdjis. O'n vszoph vu gohasi uav jux O'mm ci ecmi vu timm tjuwimt op vji pix humf satj

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today