The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How much sleep do you get?

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Counting hours of sleep is like counting hours of work. Just b/c you're doing it doesn't mean you're getting it done.

Quality of sleep dictates how productive you are the next day.

- Get a great mattress (not good, but great)
- Check your cycles (you sleep in 90 min periods)
- Add greens into your dinners (anything that will increase the iron in your blood)
- Workout in the morning or noon, not at night (all that blood pumping through your body)
- Drink some OJ when you're feeling burnout setting in throughout the day
- If you're stressed at the end of the day, do some meditating and relax before you get into bed. Camomile tea is great for this. (remember, you're an ant on a rock floating through space among billions of other rocks, among billions of other galaxies. None of this is going to matter in 100 years. There's plenty of worse things that could happen than Betty in accounting splattering ink everywhere. Push the cartridge in until you hear the click Betty, UNTIL YOU HEAR THE CLICK.)

Betty says "Thanks Fred, I'll do that"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
About 4 hours. Usually go to sleep at 1AM and wake up at 5.

I've always been like this, don't even have to set an alarm. Love it. Gives me more time to be productive and I don't drink caffeine.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Every now and then I get in a vicious cycle that gets hard to break. In that joyous moment right now.. seriously need and want to try meditation but it just not happening for some reason ha.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
If you don't listen to your body you will pay the price.

And if you're sacrificing your sleep then you don't manage your time well.

That being said, I rarely get my 8 hrs of sleep lol

Shamrox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
623%
Jan 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Usually I sleep around 7 - 8 hours in a weekdays and 8 - 9 hours in the weekends. Sometimes I have nights when I sleep less, like 3 - 4 hours but it doesn't happen often and if it happens, next day my productivity drops drastically.

This is my usual too, though we recently had our second little girl so it's been a bit choppy lately.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
"Sleep is for broke people"- 50 Cent.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGS6G9nu3_c

For me, cardio has increased the energy i have in my everyday life. Give it a try, run some laps around the track, get that heart pounding and let that blood flow.

Keep hustlin' till we make it!

zzzzzzzzz.

I like 50 Cent but this video is crap.

3-5 hours of sleep, the mark of an entrepreneurial superhero... Good in theory, not in practice - At least not for me anyway...

Like anything and everything, try different stuff out see what works best for you..

I know I was fairly convinced a while back that I should sleep 4 hours a night but now refuse to get anything less than 7.5 hours.

The real of it is, at least in my opinion, is that if you can't get your shit done in 16 hours a day you're doing the wrong shit.

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
auuggghhh! I'm on night shift and I'm a zombie if I have less than 7 hrs of sleep and became dependent on caffein (coffee) to keep me awake. Normally I sleep 5 hrs a day on average weekdays and 8-9hrs on weekends (beyond 9hrs and my head aches).

ehben

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jun 26, 2015
Without quality sleep, my whole day is over :/ Usually around 8.30 hours.

domefs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 4, 2016
Germany
Hahaha. All these motivational videos made me sleep like 3 hours for a year, then I burned out and my body gave me some
bad signs.
Eat good, work out and get some fresh air into your room before you sleep!
What has helped me was sleeping in a cold room.
Now I sleep around 5 hours during the week and 7 hours on weekends and everything is fine!
Wish you good sleeping guys - and don't play games with your health!

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
On the the topic of waking up without an alarm.

It seems whenever I tell myself I will wake up at "X" time, i seem to ALWAYS wake up plus/minus 5 minutes of that time

Just had to share

I have the similar thing. Except I usually wake up minus 2-20 minutes. But if I go to bed very late it doesn't happen.

same, I can generally get up at times I set my mind to before I go to sleep at night unless its really really late

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
I wake up 6 to 7 hours after I lie down. I'm awake after that, and it's difficult to push it any longer. It's a blessing in disguise.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Function well in anything between 6 and 8. I start noticing if I get less than 5 (I don't function at all)

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
5 hours per night and a 1 hour nap immediately after my miracle morning routine... Then get out and about to start my day.

I tried to do 5am wake ups and keep going the whole day, but I was always sleepy the whole way thru. Factoring in and taking that one hour nap has made all the difference in my energy and mood. And the hour always goes by sooo slow.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
6-7 hours typically.
Recently I hate to increase it by two as I had a temperature spike and bad cough. Flu season in my country apparently. Yikes.

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
For me its 7-9 hours could be thats because I am still young and fairly active. Also I find that when I exercise a lot e.g. gym, I sometimes need 10 hours especially when training legs. I have in the past experimented with less and got by fine on 6 hours but that was during exam times at school where all forms of exercise and unrelated activites to studying were suspended hence I spent very little time not sat in a chair.

Its best to just experiment and your environmental factors and lifestyle have a major impact on the amount you need.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.