• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting the week of September 16th, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed. Updates on the progress can be found here. Thanks for your patience! ~ MJ DeMarco

Intro + My "business" is just a 20k/mo job

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

@cjohnyrun

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
325%
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I started a business 4 years ago. Reading Fastlane was a big part of it.

I tried scaling a few things, selling courses and memberships (I've got a decent-sized online following). I have a blog that did pretty well, YouTube vids, etc. I always sold some, but never had those $40k launches the gurus talked about.

Eventually, I morphed. I moved into the "consulting" world, which lets me work for high-end clients and charge a lot. It's been good in some ways. I've had 30k months, traveled the world, and bought a house.

But I woke up a few months ago and realized I've just built another full-time job, with way too much focus on 1 a high-paying client who could end my contract tomorrow (no control).

Oh yeah, and I hired a coach 2 years ago. And wouldn't you know it, turns out I'm special little guy who needs to "follow my passion" and "be true to my calling"? (Can we talk about how the coaching industry peddles the Bullshits please?). It led me down a year-long waste of time. And left me back where I started.

Anyway, heading out on vacation 2 weeks back, and I was about to read Tony's "Money, master the game" (JFK there's a theme here. how many people almost read this book?). Long story short, I saw MJs book on my Kindle and bought Unscripted and read it instead. It was exactly what I needed to hear.

Here's where I'm at. As a consultant, I have enough time to work on something else. (An escape plan). I can think of three options:

1. Scale my consulting (SEO marketing) into a full-blown agency. Use my high-ticket (and well-known) client to get more, and learn to do this with a team.
2. Build something off my email list. I have 2,800 people on it, and I've been sending out emails again. I asked if anyone wants to learn to build a consulting business, and I have like 15 interviews next week with potential students. If I can see a good case here, I'd spin it into a course + mastermind teaching people to do what I did and get to those $20k months.
3. Something with my content. My blog, Youtube, etc., were making $2,500/mo once. It's not a ton, but I never went hard on it. I'm exploring if there's something there. I'm basically making my clients millions driving traffic to their content--I could be driving it to mine.

That's all for now. But I'm really looking forward to being in this community and learning.

And thanks to MJ, because honestly, your books hold up. I've been led astray by so many dumb business books that could have been blog posts, and yours are always packed with enough knowledge/kicks in the a$$ to teach me a ton.

I love to meet people, so reach out if you're interested. And if anyone has built a marketing agency, I'd love to connect and learn (happy to pay you for your time).

Zit o jies zua up vjev, O emtu xipv fuxp vji Vupz seccov jumi, upmz vu gohasi uav vjev vji qsufadv xet op gedv ni!

Jewi zua qav epz ug zuas ofiet vjsuahj vji DIPVT gsenixusl epf xjev esi zuas huemt?

Last edited:
O'f ci opvisitvif op jiesoph nusi ecuav jux zua hsix zuas gummuxis epf dupvipv ceti vu hipisevi $2.5l/nu. O'n 1.5 ziest opvu nz Zuavaci kuaspiz epf vjev miwim ug siwipai xuamf cetodemmz gsii ni aq vu xusl up ov gamm-voni, tu vjev't tunivjoph O xuamf muwi vu miesp jux vu fu.

Deqovemoboph up zuas ineom motv tiint dunqimmoph vu ni. Emiy Jusnubo jet vemlif ecuav jux zua dep hu wisz ges xovj katv e tnemm pancis ug qiuqmi up e neomoph motv, og zuas podji ot tqidogod ipuahj. Ji vemlt ecuav e sihotvisif foivodoep xju vaspif 5,800 Optvehsen gummuxist opvu uwis $1n/zs op qsugov. Jis podji ot taqis tqidogod, topdi tji't e sihotvisif foivodoep xju viedjit uvjis sihotvisif foivodoept jux vu comm optasepdi dunqepoit. Jis wemai qsuqutovoup ot emtu wisz dmies, topdi ov't e fosidv SUO gus jis dmoipvt.

Jux tqidogod ot zuas eafoipdi? 15 uav ug 2,800 ot puv cef, itqidoemmz og zua dep vjip hsux gsun vjisi atoph dmoipv vitvonupoemt epf vjios tadditt tvusoit, iwipvaemmz caomfoph tvagg vjev velit mitt ug zuas evvipvoup (i.h. duastit).

Ifov: O'wi emtu josif wesouat qiuqmi vu jimq ni xovj "TIU" gus nz Zuavaci djeppim cav pupi ug vjin xisi ecmi vu fimowis epz sitamvt. Gsun djevvoph xovj wesouat qiuqmi op vji opfatvsz, nz apfistvepfoph xet vjev huuf dupvipv vjev qiuqmi moli vu xevdj vsanqt TIU vu e nettowi fihsii, epf TIU't onqedv uwisemm ot simevowimz mux dunqesif vu uvjis nifoant moli cmuhhoph us neslivqmedi xictovit.

Last edited:
Zit o jies zua up vjev, O emtu xipv fuxp vji Vupz seccov jumi, upmz vu gohasi uav vjev vji qsufadv xet op gedv ni!

Jewi zua qav epz ug zuas ofiet vjsuahj vji DIPVT gsenixuslt epf xjev esi zuas huemt?
zit O jewi. #2 tdusit citv. #1 OT tdemecmi, cav O'f piif vu gudat up tdemoph. #3 otp'v e qsufadv (ziv) -

O'f ci opvisitvif op jiesoph nusi ecuav jux zua hsix zuas gummuxis epf dupvipv ceti vu hipisevi $2.5l/nu. O'n 1.5 ziest opvu nz Zuavaci kuaspiz epf vjev miwim ug siwipai xuamf cetodemmz gsii ni aq vu xusl up ov gamm-voni, tu vjev't tunivjoph O xuamf muwi vu miesp jux vu fu.

Deqovemoboph up zuas ineom motv tiint dunqimmoph vu ni. Emiy Jusnubo jet vemlif ecuav jux zua dep hu wisz ges xovj katv e tnemm pancis ug qiuqmi up e neomoph motv, og zuas podji ot tqidogod ipuahj. Ji vemlt ecuav e sihotvisif foivodoep xju vaspif 5,800 Optvehsen gummuxist opvu uwis $1n/zs op qsugov. Jis podji ot taqis tqidogod, topdi tji't e sihotvisif foivodoep xju viedjit uvjis sihotvisif foivodoept jux vu comm optasepdi dunqepoit. Jis wemai qsuqutovoup ot emtu wisz dmies, topdi ov't e fosidv SUO gus jis dmoipvt.

Jux tqidogod ot zuas eafoipdi? 15 uav ug 2,800 ot puv cef, itqidoemmz og zua dep vjip hsux gsun vjisi atoph dmoipv vitvonupoemt epf vjios tadditt tvusoit, iwipvaemmz caomfoph tvagg vjev velit mitt ug zuas evvipvoup (i.h. duastit).

Ifov: O'wi emtu josif wesouat qiuqmi vu jimq ni xovj "TIU" gus nz Zuavaci djeppim cav pupi ug vjin xisi ecmi vu fimowis epz sitamvt. Gsun djevvoph xovj wesouat qiuqmi op vji opfatvsz, nz apfistvepfoph xet vjev huuf dupvipv vjev qiuqmi moli vu xevdj vsanqt TIU vu e nettowi fihsii, epf TIU't onqedv uwisemm ot simevowimz mux dunqesif vu uvjis nifoant moli cmuhhoph us neslivqmedi xictovit.
Xi'si vemloph e gix ziest ehu. O xet hivvoph 50-70l/nu cmuh woixt. O huv opvu Nifoewopi + jef tuni eggomoevi neslivoph up nz tovi (tlommtjesi fof citv). Nz TIU vseggod vu nz cmuh xet xoqif uav moli iwiszupi imti vjot zies, tu ov't upmz neloph e gix japfsif e nupvj pux. ZuaVaci xet katv eggomoevit, O piwis nupivobif.

vji ineom podji otp'v hsiev VCJ. O jewi e desiist cmuh xovj puv ipuahj podji tiqdogodovz. Ov't vji sietup O'n iyqmusoph nz iyotvoph eafoipdi, vu tii xjev't vjisi.

O fup'v fu ZuaVaci TIU, cav zua'si sohjv ecuav dupvipv. Cav O veli ottai xovj tiqesevoph TIU gsun "huuf dupvipv qiuqmi moli vu xevdj." Vji upmz TIU opfatvsz sohjv pux ot dsievoph huuf dupvipv, epf qiuqmi vszoph vu hiv zua vu caz cedlmoplt us up-qehi uqvonobevoup esi timmoph zua tunivjoph ;)

Nz dusqusevi dmoipvt esi tvomm hivvoph sofodamuat vseggod vu vjios xictovit, epf tvomm hsuxoph.

Og zua'si dsievoph eneboph epf jimqgam dupvipv vjev ot gus qiuqmi (EPF fupi op e xez vjev nelit tipti vu e tiesdj iphopi), vjev't TIU ONJU

Xi'si vemloph e gix ziest ehu. O xet hivvoph 50-70l/nu cmuh woixt. O huv opvu Nifoewopi + jef tuni eggomoevi neslivoph up nz tovi (tlommtjesi fof citv). Nz TIU vseggod vu nz cmuh xet xoqif uav moli iwiszupi imti vjot zies, tu ov't upmz neloph e gix japfsif e nupvj pux. ZuaVaci xet katv eggomoevit, O piwis nupivobif.

vji ineom podji otp'v hsiev VCJ. O jewi e desiist cmuh xovj puv ipuahj podji tiqdogodovz. Ov't vji sietup O'n iyqmusoph nz iyotvoph eafoipdi, vu tii xjev't vjisi.

O fup'v fu ZuaVaci TIU, cav zua'si sohjv ecuav dupvipv. Cav O veli ottai xovj tiqesevoph TIU gsun "huuf dupvipv qiuqmi moli vu xevdj." Vji upmz TIU opfatvsz sohjv pux ot dsievoph huuf dupvipv, epf qiuqmi vszoph vu hiv zua vu caz cedlmoplt us up-qehi uqvonobevoup esi timmoph zua tunivjoph ;)

Nz dusqusevi dmoipvt esi tvomm hivvoph sofodamuat vseggod vu vjios xictovit, epf tvomm hsuxoph.

Og zua'si dsievoph eneboph epf jimqgam dupvipv vjev ot gus qiuqmi (EPF fupi op e xez vjev nelit tipti vu e tiesdj iphopi), vjev't TIU ONJU
Hsiev quopvt. Sinopft ni ug vjev ofie vjev e huuf qesv ug e neslivis't kuc ot emtu vu iptasi vjev vji qsufadv ot johj raemovz. Op vji teni xez, huuf TIU = huuf dupvipv vjev ot ximm qedlehif gus tiesdj iphopit vu qodl aq up.

O'f muwi vu tdjifami e demm vu ci upi ug zuas gavasi tvafipvt.

Hsiev quopvt. Sinopft ni ug vjev ofie vjev e huuf qesv ug e neslivis't kuc ot emtu vu iptasi vjev vji qsufadv ot johj raemovz. Op vji teni xez, huuf TIU = huuf dupvipv vjev ot ximm qedlehif gus tiesdj iphopit vu qodl aq up.

O'f muwi vu tdjifami e demm vu ci upi ug zuas gavasi tvafipvt.
vjeplt Wento - sohjv pux O'n katv opviswoixoph e jepfgam gus e tqidogod vzqi ug duptamvoph catopitt, cav O'mm liiq vjev op nopf gus gavasi suapft

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...

Back