• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting Saturday afternoon 3 PM (MST) 6PM (EST) and for the next 48 hours, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed...
    Thanks, MJ!

INTRO post to amp myself up and for commitment (first post)

CalpicoFatty

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
133%
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.
I think I realized what MJ said when he said I need to eat shit and sleep this. I turned 18 a couple of months ago and I just now realized now that I don't have to go to college, and in order to execute what I want to do, I have to focus on this one main thing. I read both the books about a month ago and I am grateful I did but also very scared now that it's not all sunshine's and rainbows. lol. I also don't know if I am fully committed. Some of these things are for me to manifest it in to reality instead of making it sit in my head.
About me: I am from Orange County, California and I am a freshmen at a community college. Some passions I aspire to do later in life (if interested): helping people in general (prob the most in need), surfing, calisthenics, weights, making music, make a manga or story, research physics and astronomy

My first step is to plan out the things to do.
  • create personal finance sheet
  • from that sheet, understand what I need to execute my plan, and survive
  • choose two paths I currently have: live at home with parents or save enough money for vehicle to live (based on amount of time I can save when choosing path)
  • from those two paths, make a list of pros and cons and decide and weigh it

Questions that are going to ruminate and eventually I will experience and answer eventually:
  • am I gonna be sane after doing this for a long period of time?
  • how long should I plan out in this execution phase
  • would I burn out and how to stop it
  • if I went to route of going to live in vehicle, would finding a valid parking spot, basic hygiene, sanity at gym, and part time job for basic foods and fixing
Things I have been caught lacking:
  • researching my ideas if it follow with the needs principle
  • planning
  • spending too much money or being fixated on consuming

I am going to update this post every three days or so I can build this up to a fully committed plan and eventually to do whatever I want. I hope this would help with someone if they are scared to do this.

Questions to the form:

For people who lived inside RVs or other vehicles, is there any resources to understand how to live in them? I am from Orange County, California
ex) basic vehicle maintenance, parking spots, forums about this, you tube channels, good vehicles, recommendations

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:
I read both the books about a month ago and I am grateful I did but also very scared now that it's not all sunshine's and rainbows. lol.

It's definitely not sunshine and rainbows, but our rainbow has gold at the end of it, not a mediocre job.

And yet the following truism comes to mind...

The Fastlane is HARD. But so is poverty.

live at home with parents or save enough money for vehicle to live

If the parents are allowing it, this is a no brainer, IMO —live at home and stockpile money and experience.

Living out of a vehicle in some parking lot is friction to your growth.

• am I gonna be sane after doing this for a long period of time?
  • how long should I plan out in this execution phase
  • would I burn out and how to stop it

You can't answer these questions, and seeking their answers is a waste of time, an excuse to stay parked.

Asking stuff like this is like asking, Hey, before leaving Vegas on my drive to Chicago, will that traffic light in St. Louis be green?

Welcome aboard.

Katv xepvif vu eff, fu puv mowi op e wijodmi apmitt zua'si op ep iyvsinimz vuyod mowoph tovaevoup. Mowoph op e wijodmi ot onqsedvodem, epf xetvit voni epf nupiz. Optvief, tjux zuas hsevovafi epf veli desi ug tonqmi vjopht esuapf vji juati vu jimq zuas qesipvt - xetj fotjit, veli uav vji vsetj, liiq ov dmiep, epf goy tvagg vjev fuitp'v siraosi e qsugittoupem.

Zua'mm jewi nusi dungusv, nusi voni, epf nusi nupiz.

Vjisi ot pu piif vu esvogodoemmz dsievi jimm vu giim nuvowevif. Ov't nutvmz tudoem nifoe hasa CT*: "O xet junimitt, gohjvoph 50mct sevt ev pohjv epf vjev hewi ni vji tvsiphvj vu pux neli 6 gohasit e nupvj."

Fup'v dsievi qsucmint gus zuastimg cz mowoph op e wijodmi og zua dep mowi xovj zuas qesipvt. Huuf madl!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Vjeplt gus emm vji giifcedl. Egvis vjoploph ecuav ov gus e xjomi, O xuamf puv mowi optofi e wep cideati nz ofie fuitp'v piif vu fu ov gus ov vu jeqqip. O jewi dsievif e gopepdoem tqsieftjiiv vjev vsedlt vji enuapv O piif gus dummihi xjodj O piif gus vji qsukidv tu ges. O jewi ciip epf O tvomm xomm jimq uav xovj djusit epf vsz vu neli nz qsufadv up nz gsii voni.

O giim uqvonotvod epf nuvowevif vu fu nz qsukidv emvjuahj O lpux vjev O xuamf ipduapvis geomasi emuph vji xez.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back