The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Golden Nuggets of Wisdom

Anything related to matters of the mind

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I would listen to @Andy Black about Google Ads, but I wouldn't listen to him on Facebook ads. (sarcasm)
Yeah, don't listen to me about Facebook Ads. I only ran them once, and that was over a decade ago.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
"-Men age like wine, women age like milk." Amen.

Best advice I've EVER heard is, "Do your thing."

Too many people in this world and even this forum trying to control and push their agendas.

However, there is a place for everything. And you must realize that you cannot say your opinion in a room full of woke-sters and not expect to go deaf for a few days.

Dude. Aging is entirely subjective and down to your individual genetics and lifestyle.

It's entirely possible you'll look like shit when you're in your 50s while many women would still be very beautiful even beyond that.

This forum isn't full of "wokesters". It's for entrepreneurship and welcoming to both sexes.

So take your red pill BS elsewhere. It's no better than feminism.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022
Wisdom #1: Don't confuse mental toughness for mental illness.

Hey Mj, Could you go into more detail about that ?

Here is how mental illness can be perceived as "mental toughness":
  • Psychopathy can make someone act very logical in the face of adversity, ignoring all emotions that would otherwise be present in a healthy brain.
  • Narcissisms can make someone believe they are the best, hence they will do everything they can to make this a reality.
  • OCD can make someone obsess about the quality of their work, and produce top tier quality.
  • Mania can make you work endless hours.
  • Trauma can give you unlimited motivation to change your life.

I remember a few years ago, when I was 22 years old and I've hit a complete financial rock bottom. I've spent my last bit of money to buy some bread for the next day.

Upon realizing the fact that this situation was entirely created by me, due to my complete lack of skills, laziness, and inability to get things done, I started crying uncontrollably for 40 minutes. I was gasping for air.

This trauma has completely altered my personality.
From that moment onwards, I became extremely industrious and hard working. I spent every single waking hour working to improve my life.

It got to a point where this obsession has started to backfire, as I was becoming a busy idiot - a workaholic.

Now I understand that success is not about 100 hours work weeks, or Elon Musk sleeping on the factory floor habits, but rather:
  • Having an exceptionally clear vision of the life you want to have.
  • Having a superior strategy, based on wisdom and top quality conceptual models (such as CENTS).
  • Executing the daily process, with maximum focus, discipline, and humility.

Nevertheless, all the pain that happened in the past has been turned into wisdom.

The tragic reality of the human experience is that most of us are very stupid by default, and will only learn and be willing to change our behavior after experiencing massive pain and suffering. In short, FTE.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 15, 2019
Northern IL & Southeastern WI
This trauma has completely altered my personality.
From that moment onwards, I became extremely industrious and hard working. I spent every single waking hour working to improve my life.

It got to a point where this obsession has started to backfire, as I was becoming a busy idiot - a workaholic.

Now I understand that success is not about 100 hours work weeks, or Elon Musk sleeping on the factory floor habits, but rather:
  • Having an exceptionally clear vision of the life you want to have.
  • Having a superior strategy, based on wisdom and top quality conceptual models (such as CENTS).
  • Executing the daily process, with maximum focus, discipline, and humility.
Learned this from working with my pops.

Just because your working hard and long hours, even as an entrepreneur, doesn't mean shit.

He used to constantly be running materials to job sites (landscaping), transporting guys to and from jobs, and meeting with clients, among other things. I never understood how he could call himself a "business owner" when in reality he just had a job aka self-employed.

He used to come home and talk about how he was busting a$$ all day, working his a$$ off, blah blah blah. Again, what reality was is not what he perceived. He was not running a business, his business ran him.

I learned from this and built a different approach into my own landscaping company. I focused on finding capable workers with licenses who can drive to the jobs. I farmed areas that are closer to their homes so it is a shorter drive for them and a closer drive for me. Then I built into each estimate the fact that I was going to have Menards deliver materials for the jobs if it required that. If it was trees, I'd have a nursery deliver them on site. Same with equipment.

This gave me time to focus on finding more clients, writing estimates, growing the company, meeting with the next project, etc etc. Now I am looking for someone to take this over eventually as well, but for now this is what I focus on.

Yes, I still runaround and pick-up materials etc. but I do it to get out of the office and away from the computer. It is more of an enjoyment than my pop's mentality.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
You get paid based off of a specific result, (finished product, delivered service, etc) not necessarily how much time or effort you put in.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I now believe that simple calculation is quite underrated in personal development and business.

The more you express your thoughts, plans and choices in terms of variables and number, the most clearer the picture is.

How hard should you work? I think it is a matter of how much you should push without risking near term productivity crash and long term stress overload impact on health.

As long as you leave enough “safety margin” for that you should push as hard as you can. It is really more of a biological question than subjective motivational question.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.