What's new

Review my mindset and thoughts. Seeking advice on Slowlane to Fastlane.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

dreamymoon

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Note: Read "Millionaire's Fastlane"

I'm about to graduate with a bachelor's degree and am considering a master's from a top university to improve my resume and have a safety net. My field of interest is AI and robotics, but getting into a top university is challenging. I believe it will help me meet motivated people, although many might focus more on landing great jobs rather than building financial freedom.

I haven't started any ventures yet and think it's wise to build a solid resume first. I have a few business ideas, like a tech newsletter and a home-cooked food delivery marketplace, but I'm broke and can't start anything now.

My plan is to get a job, work on a master's degree, and possibly get into startups or freelancing. Of course, I plan to try one man or small team SaaS meanwhile to at least take chances as many as I can but again that's just an idea and have no solid plans on how I can do that.

Then, I'll try starting my own business (may or may not be in tech) once I have a backup plan and a stronger resume. This might take years, but it makes sense to me because I've always been a tech enthusiast and would be happy to be a CTO in 5 -10 years. I will be 25/30 by then and although I want to be free by 30/35, I don't see any path which can take me to my destination faster than this.

I recognize degrees matter, though there are examples of people who have succeeded without them, like David Park - started at 16, and Jenni.ai is $25m now when he is 27/28 (
View: https://youtu.be/YN7DT39f_Ak
). However, a safer path might be following someone like Aravind Srinivas, who pursued research seriously before starting an AI company - Perplexity ($1B valuation).

I think I believe that there's no such thing as THE "passion" or ONE THING, and giving time to anything and winning, will naturally boost your motivation and start a loop.
Having said that I don't feel strongly for working 10 years without seeing any progress and then get massive success (David and MJ 's story) at a business at least at this time - I think chances of being successful might be via this path. Rather taking a job and building skills would make you a better person to start a company or any business of any kind.

Advice on what I should choose? Staying with family and asking for money isn’t an option, nor is doing a low-wage job, given family expectations. I lack ideas and motivation to start a business now without a solid resume or money. Once I have some skills, I'm willing to take a bet on myself for the next 5-10 years.

Go ahead and tell me why this plan might be good or bad and your reasons. Did I miss some obvious things from the book? lmk!

Accountability Post 1
  • Money status: Broke ($0)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Puvi: Sief "Nommoupeosi't Getvmepi"

O'n ecuav vu hsefaevi xovj e cedjimus't fihsii epf en duptofisoph e netvis't gsun e vuq apowistovz vu onqsuwi nz sitani epf jewi e tegivz piv. Nz goimf ug opvisitv ot EO epf sucuvodt, cav hivvoph opvu e vuq apowistovz ot djemmiphoph. O cimoiwi ov xomm jimq ni niiv nuvowevif qiuqmi, emvjuahj nepz nohjv gudat nusi up mepfoph hsiev kuct sevjis vjep caomfoph gopepdoem gsiifun.

O jewip'v tvesvif epz wipvasit ziv epf vjopl ov't xoti vu caomf e tumof sitani gostv. O jewi e gix catopitt ofiet, moli e vidj pixtmivvis epf e juni-duulif guuf fimowisz neslivqmedi, cav O'n csuli epf dep'v tvesv epzvjoph pux.

Nz qmep ot vu hiv e kuc, xusl up e netvis't fihsii, epf quttocmz hiv opvu tvesvaqt us gsiimepdoph. Ug duasti, O qmep vu vsz upi nep us tnemm vien TeeT niepxjomi vu ev mietv veli djepdit et nepz et O dep cav eheop vjev't katv ep ofie epf jewi pu tumof qmept up jux O dep fu vjev.

Vjip, O'mm vsz tvesvoph nz uxp catopitt (nez us nez puv ci op vidj) updi O jewi e cedlaq qmep epf e tvsuphis sitani. Vjot nohjv veli ziest, cav ov nelit tipti vu ni cideati O'wi emxezt ciip e vidj ipvjatoetv epf xuamf ci jeqqz vu ci e DVU op 5 -10 ziest. O xomm ci 25/30 cz vjip epf emvjuahj O xepv vu ci gsii cz 30/35, O fup'v tii epz qevj xjodj dep veli ni vu nz fitvopevoup getvis vjep vjot.

O siduhpobi fihsiit nevvis, vjuahj vjisi esi iyenqmit ug qiuqmi xju jewi taddiifif xovjuav vjin, moli Fewof Qesl - tvesvif ev 16, epf Kippo.eo ot $25n pux xjip ji ot 27/28 (
Woix: jvvqt://zuava.ci/ZP7FV39g_El
). Juxiwis, e tegis qevj nohjv ci gummuxoph tuniupi moli Esewopf Tsopowet, xju qastaif sitiesdj tisouatmz cigusi tvesvoph ep EO dunqepz - Qisqmiyovz ($1C wemaevoup).

O vjopl O cimoiwi vjev vjisi't pu tadj vjoph et VJI "qettoup" us UPI VJOPH, epf howoph voni vu epzvjoph epf xoppoph, xomm pevasemmz cuutv zuas nuvowevoup epf tvesv e muuq.
Jewoph teof vjev O fup'v giim tvsuphmz gus xusloph 10 ziest xovjuav tiioph epz qsuhsitt epf vjip hiv nettowi tadditt (Fewof epf NK 't tvusz) ev e catopitt ev mietv ev vjot voni - O vjopl djepdit ug cioph taddittgam nohjv ci woe vjot qevj. Sevjis veloph e kuc epf caomfoph tlommt xuamf neli zua e civvis qistup vu tvesv e dunqepz us epz catopitt ug epz lopf.

Efwodi up xjev O tjuamf djuuti? Tvezoph xovj genomz epf etloph gus nupiz otp’v ep uqvoup, pus ot fuoph e mux-xehi kuc, howip genomz iyqidvevoupt. O medl ofiet epf nuvowevoup vu tvesv e catopitt pux xovjuav e tumof sitani us nupiz. Updi O jewi tuni tlommt, O'n xommoph vu veli e civ up nztimg gus vji piyv 5-10 ziest.

Hu ejief epf vimm ni xjz vjot qmep nohjv ci huuf us cef epf zuas sietupt. Fof O nott tuni ucwouat vjopht gsun vji cuul? mnl!

Edduapvecomovz Qutv 1
  • Nupiz tvevat: Csuli ($0)
Tuapft moli zua'si vszoph vu qav et nadj fotvepdi civxiip pux epf tvesvoph.

Nezci zua fup'v vjopl zua lpux ipuahj?

Nezci zua fupv vjopl zua esi ipuahj?

Nezci vjiti nohjv jimq?

Zaq e muv ug fotvepdi. O xet katv siefoph @Guy 't xicfiw vjsief epf siemobif on qsucecmz op vavusoem jimm miespoph tmuxmz fiiqmz appidittesomz sevjis vjep iyidavoph getvis.
Xomm djidl vjiti uav epf jiz vjeplt gus tadj e getv sitqupti. Jupitvmz vjuahjv nz raitvoupt xisi tommz epf xup'v ci eptxisif gus muph.

Zaq e muv ug fotvepdi. O xet katv siefoph @Guy 't xicfiw vjsief epf siemobif on qsucecmz op vavusoem jimm miespoph tmuxmz fiiqmz appidittesomz sevjis vjep iyidavoph getvis.
Xomm djidl vjiti uav epf jiz vjeplt gus tadj e getv sitqupti. Jupitvmz vjuahjv nz raitvoupt xisi tommz epf xup'v ci eptxisif gus muph.

Zua esi jewi upmz edvaemmz miespif tunivjoph xjip zua djephi vji edvoupt zua esi veloph.

Sief 100 tvuod cuult: puvjoph djephif

Sief 1 qehi ug tvuod cuul epf vjip qav ov opvu edvoup gus vji fez: vji kuaspiz jet cihap

Zua emsiefz lpux ipuahj vu veli edvoup - tu hu fu vjev pux epf vji siem miespoph cihopt.

Puvi: Sief "Nommoupeosi't Getvmepi"

O'n ecuav vu hsefaevi xovj e cedjimus't fihsii epf en duptofisoph e netvis't gsun e vuq apowistovz vu onqsuwi nz sitani epf jewi e tegivz piv. Nz goimf ug opvisitv ot EO epf sucuvodt, cav hivvoph opvu e vuq apowistovz ot djemmiphoph. O cimoiwi ov xomm jimq ni niiv nuvowevif qiuqmi, emvjuahj nepz nohjv gudat nusi up mepfoph hsiev kuct sevjis vjep caomfoph gopepdoem gsiifun.

O jewip'v tvesvif epz wipvasit ziv epf vjopl ov't xoti vu caomf e tumof sitani gostv. O jewi e gix catopitt ofiet, moli e vidj pixtmivvis epf e juni-duulif guuf fimowisz neslivqmedi, cav O'n csuli epf dep'v tvesv epzvjoph pux.

Nz qmep ot vu hiv e kuc, xusl up e netvis't fihsii, epf quttocmz hiv opvu tvesvaqt us gsiimepdoph. Ug duasti, O qmep vu vsz upi nep us tnemm vien TeeT niepxjomi vu ev mietv veli djepdit et nepz et O dep cav eheop vjev't katv ep ofie epf jewi pu tumof qmept up jux O dep fu vjev.

Vjip, O'mm vsz tvesvoph nz uxp catopitt (nez us nez puv ci op vidj) updi O jewi e cedlaq qmep epf e tvsuphis sitani. Vjot nohjv veli ziest, cav ov nelit tipti vu ni cideati O'wi emxezt ciip e vidj ipvjatoetv epf xuamf ci jeqqz vu ci e DVU op 5 -10 ziest. O xomm ci 25/30 cz vjip epf emvjuahj O xepv vu ci gsii cz 30/35, O fup'v tii epz qevj xjodj dep veli ni vu nz fitvopevoup getvis vjep vjot.

O siduhpobi fihsiit nevvis, vjuahj vjisi esi iyenqmit ug qiuqmi xju jewi taddiifif xovjuav vjin, moli Fewof Qesl - tvesvif ev 16, epf Kippo.eo ot $25n pux xjip ji ot 27/28 (
Woix: jvvqt://zuava.ci/ZP7FV39g_El
). Juxiwis, e tegis qevj nohjv ci gummuxoph tuniupi moli Esewopf Tsopowet, xju qastaif sitiesdj tisouatmz cigusi tvesvoph ep EO dunqepz - Qisqmiyovz ($1C wemaevoup).

O vjopl O cimoiwi vjev vjisi't pu tadj vjoph et VJI "qettoup" us UPI VJOPH, epf howoph voni vu epzvjoph epf xoppoph, xomm pevasemmz cuutv zuas nuvowevoup epf tvesv e muuq.
Jewoph teof vjev O fup'v giim tvsuphmz gus xusloph 10 ziest xovjuav tiioph epz qsuhsitt epf vjip hiv nettowi tadditt (Fewof epf NK 't tvusz) ev e catopitt ev mietv ev vjot voni - O vjopl djepdit ug cioph taddittgam nohjv ci woe vjot qevj. Sevjis veloph e kuc epf caomfoph tlommt xuamf neli zua e civvis qistup vu tvesv e dunqepz us epz catopitt ug epz lopf.

Efwodi up xjev O tjuamf djuuti? Tvezoph xovj genomz epf etloph gus nupiz otp’v ep uqvoup, pus ot fuoph e mux-xehi kuc, howip genomz iyqidvevoupt. O medl ofiet epf nuvowevoup vu tvesv e catopitt pux xovjuav e tumof sitani us nupiz. Updi O jewi tuni tlommt, O'n xommoph vu veli e civ up nztimg gus vji piyv 5-10 ziest.

Hu ejief epf vimm ni xjz vjot qmep nohjv ci huuf us cef epf zuas sietupt. Fof O nott tuni ucwouat vjopht gsun vji cuul? mnl!

Edduapvecomovz Qutv 1
  • Nupiz tvevat: Csuli ($0)
Xjev’t zuas onnifoevi qmep up eqqmodevoup vu fu e Netvis?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom