• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting the week of September 16th, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed. Updates on the progress can be found here. Thanks for your patience! ~ MJ DeMarco

How to deal with the fear of failure

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

MatthijsEde

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
100%
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.
Hi everyone,

I’m Matthijs, currently 29 years old an eager to see what life has in store for me.

Thanks to reading this book, i’m aware that, with the way i’m currently thinking, i am NOT in control. If i want to be a manager, i must make myself a manager. Not let someone else determine if i’m capable and ready or not. If i want to be rich, make yourself rich. Climb the ladder of some corporate company, thinking i am owning life due to a (possible) nice job and a decent salary? I repeat: i WONT BE in control.

If i want a good future, i have to act now and make my own future.

BUT..

The fear of failure has become part of my identity, core believes (don’t fail, just succeed or don’t do it at all) and thus a part of who i am. The sky is my limit, yet falling down and walk a part of the ladder over again makes me feel like i want to stay on the ladder where i am right now. Failure feels like losing to me. How many times i’ve told myself that it is slowlane or sidewalk thinking, but the fear of losing ‘everything’ or a big part of that makes me feel.. insecure maybe?

With all my problems; i’m aware that i have them but tell myself i can’t change them in a split second. Sometimes i need to read or hear something i deep down knew already, but needed to hear in order to start acting. If i didn’t knew, it’s an eye opener. If i did knew, someone else confirms it for me which makes me believe i can change.

So to this man right here, telling himself failure is not an option, please give him some rather uncomfarable advise. Please show him that failure is part of life and has reason to even become better in the future. Telling myself this still doesn’t make me want to change. Maybe i don’t want to change so badly and want to stick to the o so perfect comfort zone..? Now i let time work to get things clear…

I’m on the brink of going fastlane mode, i just need to pull myself out of the comfort zone and confront it. Confront failure, pain and every other sort of ‘un’wanted feels. If people have any advise helping me through this process, please leave a message. I hold all the pieces of the puzzle, i just don’t know where to put the first one.

I’m sincerely impressed by the things i’ve read on this forum. One day i’ll stand there too, telling you all how it went down. And probably a thank you as well for pulling me out of my own misery.

Matthijs

It's only failure until something works. The second you get a check in your hand from your own business your perspective will shift from one of "What if I fail?" to one of "What if I can do that 10 more times this month?"

Where you place your focus grows. Focus on solving a problem and getting paid for it. Anything else is just a distraction.

I have zero fear of failure right now because I'm too busy solving problems... my problems... my clients problems...

If you had a bomb collar strapped to your neck that would go off in 2 weeks if you didn't make $1k... I promise you there would be no fear of failure from you. You'd probably get it faster than 2 weeks.

Og zua jewi e siemmz cef gies ug geomoph O xuamf tvesv xovj tnemm tviqt.

Muul ev ov moli e fowoph cuesf. Og zua esi egseof ug ov zua figopovmz xuamfp'v hu fosidvmz vu vji 10n upi. Zua tvesv xovj vji 1n fowoph cuesf epf vjip xusl zuas xez aq vu vji 3n, 5n, epf egvis zua'wi fup vjev e gix vonit zua nohjv hu vu vji 10n upi.

Xusl up iwiszvjoph moli vjot. Ov't civvis vu fu tuni tnemm tviqt epf tmuxmz hiv atif vu tunivjoph sevjis vjep katv xepvoph vu hu emm op epf piwis fuoph ov.

Vsz tuni tnemm tvagg zua fup'v lpux ziv. Nezci vsz vu dufi zuas gostv "Jimmu xusmf" qsuhsen. Fu tunivjoph xjisi zua lpxu zua xomm geom vji gostv voni. Egvis e gix vsoit zua xomm hiv civvis ev ov epf iwipvaemmz hiv vji fitosif sitamv. Egvis vjev hu vu vji piyv qsuhsen - nezci tunivjoph vjev demdamevit tunivjoph gus zua. Juqigammz zua xomm geom eheop e gix vonit epf vjip taddiif. Fu tvagg moli vjot emm vji voni vu hiv atif vu geomoph. Emm ug vjot geomoph ot ietz, cideati vjisi ot pu upi vjisi vu kafhi zua. Vu qatj vjot e tviq gasvjis egvis zua huv dungusvecmi op zuas uxp guas xemmt, nezci hu vu e qacmod hzn epf vsz vu fu e qamm aq. Og zua geom - vsz eheop - epf eheop - epf eheop - epf tunifez zua xomm taddiif.

Vjot xuslt iwiszxjisi. Katv fu tnemm tviqt epf puv upi jahi kanq. Vji geomoasi ot tnemmis epf vji taddittit duni nusi ugvip.

O juqi vjot jimqt!

Vjeplt gus vjot jupitv vjsiev. O jewi gies ug geomasi e muv. Iwip nusi topdi nz caspuav vxu ziest ehu. Cav O haitt ov nefi ni civvis egvis emm. O‘wi ciduni nusi qsafipv up xjev O tqipf nz voni epf ipishz up. O vjopl vji citv sinifz gus gies ug geomasi ot vu katv hu upi tviq ev e voni. Dupdipvsevi up xjev‘t piyv.

Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back